PDA

View Full Version : Tips for starting Online mode?

Daemon Gildas
Feb 8, 2009, 04:12 AM
It's been like over 2 years since I last played this game Online, so I wouldn't be surprised if I have to start all over again (besides, was only like lvl 30-something).

I'll probably be picking up a new subscription, as well as the AotI expac, within the next few days, and would really like to give this thing a go. I have almost no memory of how this game works, so I have a few questions that maybe you guys could help me with.

First off, what's the deal with Character Levels? I never understood exactly what all was involved with changing classes. Could I effectively play one character, and just change his class every time I got bored? Or is this some sort of level cap, and I need to choose now what I want to be?

Also, how do you get the PSO outfits? I'm a huge PSO fnan, so it'd be cool to try and get one or two of the outfits, though I dunno if they're exclusive somehow?

Next up, what's the deal with the Partner Machines and MAGs? I heard there were MAG's in this game now? Lol, this is probably a noob thing to ask, but what are the differences, and how do they work? (I mean, besides that PM's have all the functions in your Room)

And lastly... What might a good character to start out be? I've always been partial to melee characters, but I know that ranged characters could solo very easily back when I played, thanks to some environment exploits. Seeing as II'll probably be broke, I'd like to be able to make some money early on. Using bare-bones equipment is never fun, lol.

Anyways, I'd really appreciate any replies I get. I'll try and look around the site and find the answers myself, but it's definitely harder to find answers for some stuff.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Feb 8, 2009, 04:34 AM
First off, welcome back to PSU. :)

Character LV's and Type LV's are 2 different things, and you can switch them whenever you please, as long as you reach the requirements for it (For Hybrid Classes, you'll need to Level 2 different classes in order to use them, Same goes for Master classes, Forte Classes just requires that you need to level the class that you wanna go with IE:Hunter=Fortefighter) And as long as you have the Meseta to do so.

The PSO Outfits were released during the Maximum Attack G event that we got back in April I believe, they come in 8 Different colors, and you can buy them anytime, at G's Mode on the GUARDIANS Colony, 3rd Floor.

In a sense, Partner Machines ARE the Mags in this game.. Except instead of using Photon Blasts, they get SUV's and can make weapons. When you raise your Partner Machine to LV 80, you can also take them with you on Missions as an NPC. Mags can either be for Range or using TECHNIC's They aren't used like they were in PSO, they can only suffice as cover fire, or casting spells.

And lastly.. I can't decide that for you. :P I would just go for preference. You like beating stuff up? Go Hunter. Got a thing for guns? Go Ranger. Like flashy spells and a challenge? Go Force.

Using Bare-bones equipment DOES suck. But Meseta is MUCH easier to obtain this time around, so it won't be as bad.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and if I missed anything, I'm sure someone will fill you in with more details.

Welcome back, and happy hunting! :D

Daemon Gildas
Feb 8, 2009, 04:40 AM
Awesome, thanks for the fast reply! :D

So, just making sure I understand, as long as I have the Meseta to change, I could basically use any style of gameplay one the same character I want? No need to have a dedicated "Melee character, Ranger character, etc"?

WildArms2
Feb 8, 2009, 03:26 PM
go to the guides section and read the money making guide by me it will explain how to use the search feature and how to make you rich in a few days

Megaman X
Feb 8, 2009, 04:28 PM
First off, welome back. I've been on PSU online since last year, and I gotta admit, I love it alot. There's so many good players around, though some can be downright rude. but listen, if you need some help with certain weapons and armors, just let me know by sending me a PM here or leave a post on my bulletin board in my room. I would like to know what class you want to specialize in so that I can prepare the proper gears for it. BTW, my name is Megaman X, but my friends call me Mega. Again...welcome back.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 8, 2009, 05:14 PM
Welcome back. If you're on PC/PS2, leave me a visitor message on my profile page, and we can arrange a time for me to give you a quick tour and update you on what's changed, if you like.

Reckless
Feb 8, 2009, 05:46 PM
All i can say is keep anything above lvl 7 stars and wait for the right moment to sell it ( when the price is high lmao ) only spend money if you need to really. dont spend money for the sake of it money is more or less the key to this game!!!

IHME
Feb 9, 2009, 05:55 AM
Allo !

I'm buying PSU this/next week for Xbox360 and I'm gonna post in this topic to avoid "thread spamming". This thread is actually even more helpful than some guides here ! ^^
I've played PSO back in days on DreamCast and original Xbox. Played Fonewearl (spelling?) there.

Anyway, I have some questions.

Is leveling a caster at low-levels as stubborn as it used to be in PSO? Like always needing for fluids but no money to buy 'em.

What kind of company of players have you met in PSU? I had few friends to play with and just to hang out in lobbies, while trying out those challenge modes (oh my, getting that S rank was hard :D) was the catch for me. Is it any similar in PSU to meet nice people who are willing to accompany you and hang out/play for fun or just help other people through some nasty areas?

And about money, is it also just as "wth?" feeling as in PSO. Grinding Ultimate Mode with friends or alone gave some nice money, but after some runs I had bank and inventory at max meseta...had to transfer meseta to low-level chars. And quickly I had 3-4 "bank chars" at max meseta and banks full of rare items obtained in Ultimate Mode.

As posted in original post, any reply is welcome. :)

lethe
Feb 9, 2009, 11:00 AM
A very important rule would be to be VERY skeptic about anything anyone says is true, dont think becuase their login number is low that theyre a good source, unless you heard it here or another trustworthy site like this, chances are, its bs. (watch out for scams, if something sounds to good to be true, thats probably becuase it is.)
Theres probably more i should go into detail about the dark side of the PSU community but i have to go to the doctors.