PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 and XB360 server questions

Chuugoku
Feb 8, 2009, 11:04 AM
I played PSU on PC at launch (ID 2009888 :D), and ended up getting to about 55 before I got tired of there being nothing to do. Recently though, I reactivated, read up on all the updates, and started hammering away at the mission carnival. I got to about 67, but I couldn't help notice that even in universe 2, there were MUCH fewer people than there used to be. Since it's a NA-only server, and Blue Burst's NA server was shut down while the JP server lived on, I'm a little concerned about that happening here too.

I considered picking up the 360 version used - it runs less than $30 for the disc and AOTI download nowadays. If it's a better community, I wouldn't have much of a problem starting over there, especially if low levels are faster than they were when I first did them.

I know the XB360 server is worldwide, but how is the population in comparison? Is headset chat common? Are the updates synched with the NA PS2/PC server, or do they run on their own schedule?

What do you think?

Anduril
Feb 8, 2009, 11:34 AM
Right now our Population is a little over 2 1/2 full Universes. Headset chat is common, but there is also plenty of keyboard chatting, and a mix of both with some people. Theoretically we are on the same schedule as the NA PC/PS2, but there have been times that we have fallen behind for a few weeks because of LIVE patch issues. Those are the facts as they stand right now, no personal opinion to add.

Arika
Feb 8, 2009, 11:44 AM
wow, I can forecast the thread to be locked soon.

Ithildin
Feb 8, 2009, 11:48 AM
It'll all end in tears...

Ryno
Feb 8, 2009, 12:00 PM
I think he/she is trying to ask a question since he/she has only one post. ( i'm guessing )
but yes i'm on 360 servers and it's one full universe and a half. ( currently in universe 1 & 2 )

Chuugoku
Feb 8, 2009, 12:09 PM
I think he/she is trying to ask a question since he/she has only one post. ( i'm guessing )
but yes i'm on 360 servers and it's one full universe and a half. ( currently in universe 1 & 2 )

Normally, if I wanted to know something, I'd search here and PSUpedia to find it myself. Since I couldn't find many solid discussions about the two servers, I figured I'd register and ask around.

unicorn
Feb 8, 2009, 12:14 PM
I actually made an account on the 360 servers a while back.

The population is more, but it doesn't seem like much more than the PC/PS2 servers, which is a shame since the 360 isn't region restricted like PC/PS2. From what I hear, theres much more glitching and stanky attitudes in the 360 servers (due to its younger population). The voice chat I found was weird since a lot of people don't match their characters. Also, techers are evil on the 360.

The prices are more or less the same ironically. However, 360 has more grinded weapons (grinder glitch).

I must say though, the graphics look noticably better (if you have a bad computer or play on PS2). And you can play your own music, so thats a plus.

If you wouldnt mind starting over (it seems you just started) for a handful more people, then go ahead.

In the end I stayed on the PC/PS2 servers.

Dhylec
Feb 8, 2009, 12:39 PM
I must say though, the graphics look noticably better (if you have a bad computer or play on PS2). And you can play your own music, so thats a plus.

Don't forget the ability to take screenshot with a touch of a button.
That's why you see mostly PC screens here & not much 360's.

Kylie
Feb 8, 2009, 12:52 PM
I joined the PC/PS2 side because I didn't have an EcksBawks 360 at the time PSU came out. Actually, I still don't. I'm getting one soon, but I doubt I'll touch the 360 version of PSU. The truth is that both servers have their pros and cons, and they're both way behind on updates and receive the same bad service. So I think switching would make me even more bored because I'd have to level things again that have taken me over two years to achieve. >_> I will say though that more people can be nice sometimes, and I've heard it's a lot smoother on an HDTV than the PS2 version is.

Skyly
Feb 8, 2009, 01:09 PM
Come join us. You won't be let down my man.
Theres always a party to run with.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 8, 2009, 01:25 PM
One bad thing about the 360 servers is the noob elitist.I mean people spammin jabroga 50 with ank butis will call you a noob no matter how much you played on pc.Sigh i miss the pc version but why waste your money for 2 stars on peak time.If you come to xbox servers add me ill start on my last character with u.

Christmas
Feb 8, 2009, 08:55 PM
Personally, your enjoyment on the 360 will mostly come down to if you're able to make friends who you can play with regularly. Or even your ability to start conversation with other people. Since we have more people, a lot of the nicer people keep to themselves so you may have a hard time starting out but I think it's worth it in the end.

moomoopenguin
Feb 8, 2009, 09:05 PM
Ok so basically the pc/ps2 servers have a very low population. The 360 servers do have a greater population, but you do have to be careful on who you play with. There are good people and bad people to play with on there. As Christmas said most of the good people do keep to themselves. Other than that there are a few of us that have been playing for a long time. I guess just try it out and if you don't like it you could always switch back :-P

Ryno
Feb 8, 2009, 09:08 PM
Actually, we 360 users recently hit the 100k user IDs. :]

yes. I saw a 100k ID as well

was a low level.

Shinko
Feb 8, 2009, 09:47 PM
Ok urm... seeing as I've been on the pc/ps2 (Been then since close to release date and just recently switch to 360 4 or 5 months ago) and the 360 side, I think I can tell you what I think....

I'm on the 360 side now though I still have my ps2 account just incase I want to go back but the main reason I left was because the same reason as you, not enough people. People are always saying that the 360 side have a lot of assholes but so does the ps2/pc side so that a wash there if you ask me. People can get annoying on the microphone but you can always take out your microphone however the microphone can be useful if you're a talkative person (personally it depend on how I feel. Sometimes I use the keyboard and sometimes I use the microphone and sometimes I use both xD) The BIG thing I miss is the snapshots. Seeing as 360 users have to go though so much to get a snapshot most of them don’t bother. I really do miss that. However, if you are a person who doesn’t care for that kind of stuff then that’s not a problem for you. The graphs on the 360 is much better if you have ps2 or a bad computer but if you have a good computer than they’re about the same… the pc maybe a bit better I’m not sure. Weapons in player shops are a lot cheaper on 360 then pc/ps2, and there do seem to be A LOT more spammers on 360 but that as expected with a larger community.

In the end it just boils don’t to two things. If you a person who in to computer games like taking snapshots, don’t like to talk much and don’t care about the population than pc/ps2 seem to be for you. However, if you don’t give two shits about snaps and is a very talkative person (or not) and population means a lot to you then yea 360 maybe more suited for you. But still it your decision… so what are you going to do xD

runjumppause
Feb 8, 2009, 10:04 PM
Hi all I know I am pretty late to arrive but I am a dedicated PSO fan and can't wait any longer for PSzero to come out on the DS. I bought a psp3000 and downloaded the demo for PSportable, and I have realized that I will have no one to play with and its just not quite as impressive as I thought (psp3000 sort of disappointing in general)--I am even sort of irritated that there is no roaming among the towns...there are just static points on a isometric map which represent the different shops. Not really a big deal but sort of takes away from the sci fi immersion and reinforces the never ending grind. I am now ready to buy an Xbox 360 to get my PSU fix, but I already own a PS3. The Xbox 360 seems superior, but should I just settle for the PS2 version on my PS3? :-?

Anduril
Feb 8, 2009, 10:11 PM
Yeah, buying an XBox 360 just for PSU might not be the best idea. If I were you I would just stick with the PS2 version and unless you are interested in the other games on the 360.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 8, 2009, 10:37 PM
people who are friendly and more helpful ps2 bad side to that only about 400 ppl that play on peak time.xbox more people but that means more im better than you assholes with no life peak time is 1400-2300 ppl and next time try to read some previous post and im not trying to be mean.

Shinko
Feb 8, 2009, 11:39 PM
For the LAST time, people on the 360 aren't all assholes. I'm sure the PS2 version is just as bad. Good lord.

Yes I agree as I said in my post up ahead there assholes on both sides. I played both sides. I know! I don't even know how this came about that JUST the 360 have assholes. Or ppl saying that ps2/pc is low on ppl but have nice ppl there..... BULL!

And can't no1 tell me other wise I PLAYED BOTH SIDES I know...

unicorn
Feb 9, 2009, 01:02 AM
For the LAST time, people on the 360 aren't all assholes. I'm sure the PS2 version is just as bad. Good lord.

No, but you have a higher chance of running into assholes.

- 360 has much younger players (particularly since many kids don't know how to set up a good PC), so the maturity level is completely different.
- Practically all scams/cons are 85% Xbox 360.

PC/PS2 has its flaws too tough:
- Hax. It probably still secretly goes on. Its much easier to hax on PC than a console.
- Smaller population. Older population too, meaning....you will run into many elitists.
- Higher prices.

Honestly though, I would LOVE to be on the 360 servers. The players seem to be... "dumber" (no offense), so its kind of easy to be a good payer there. HOWEVER, PSU 360 is completely against Fortetecher/Masterforce (Gizonde, Rafoie, etc) so no thanks.

GH499
Feb 9, 2009, 01:55 AM
When you see what people post here, you might think that xbox360 community is actually not bad, but in honest, around 80% of xbox360 population are bad players. (hateful elitist, bad glitcher, meanie people, and scammer.) Only few that good usually post around this forum. However, most of the time you will end up with bad random party that will make you feel like to solo more than party.

In PC/PS2 server, more good players than the bad one. Even better, some elitist here are very helpful and don't look down on newbies. You will find much more community event to refresh your mood from spaming mission here than in xbox. In spite of lower population, some event here are very big too, over 100 people participate.

I can say it because I started my PSU with xbox360, but then, I dislike community there and find it way better in PC/PS2. even the population isn't so big, you will be fine with players card. If you are low level, it will be hard to find random party, I suggest you join a clan like this. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150787&highlight=S.O.S

Another important note is that you are playing this on PS2 or PC? If you play it on PC, it is the best system that you can do everything that xbox server can, and plus many exclusive things such as customization and custom patch. PC users can also use voice chat with vent, it allow more option than xbox voice chat system too. However, if you play on PS2, I will say you better stay on xbox, because PS2 will be ditched soon (according to JP server information)

Csero
Feb 9, 2009, 02:24 AM
This thread makes me ashamed to be a 360 player.

*goes somewhere to hide*

RedRaz0r
Feb 9, 2009, 12:31 PM
I played PSU on PC at launch (ID 2009888 :D), and ended up getting to about 55 before I got tired of there being nothing to do. Recently though, I reactivated, read up on all the updates, and started hammering away at the mission carnival. I got to about 67, but I couldn't help notice that even in universe 2, there were MUCH fewer people than there used to be. Since it's a NA-only server, and Blue Burst's NA server was shut down while the JP server lived on, I'm a little concerned about that happening here too.

I considered picking up the 360 version used - it runs less than $30 for the disc and AOTI download nowadays. If it's a better community, I wouldn't have much of a problem starting over there, especially if low levels are faster than they were when I first did them.

I know the XB360 server is worldwide, but how is the population in comparison? Is headset chat common? Are the updates synched with the NA PS2/PC server, or do they run on their own schedule?

What do you think?

Both NA servers fail, JP = win.

If your going to play one though, it's definatley worth switching to 360, way better community, and since your only level 67 your not leaving much behind, just switch before the carnival ends

GH499
Feb 10, 2009, 12:25 AM
Not only cutomize voice and music, and be able to turn quality of the game higher.
PC version can do this with graphic too. Antialiasing ftw!
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158494

MadDogg
Feb 10, 2009, 11:38 PM
This thread alone proves that both sides of the community are a bunch of friggin' idiots. Seriously, your arguing about which piece of machinery is better than the other. There is no, "oh but this side of the community totally has older players blah blah blah," how the hell would you know, did ya take a friggin' age poll or something? Ashamed of being a 360 player, hell I'm ashamed I'm apart of this dumbass community. Everyone needs to get freakin' laid, and take a nice hard look about what exactly your arguing about.
Anyway, a good bit of people use mics, but keyboard chat is common also, just stay out of the rooms that says mic only if you just feel like typing. Its a nice sized population, enough where you can always find a game anyway, and the updates are the same on both of the NA servers. The expansion dropped down to 800 points on the marketplace, which is about 12 dollars and 50 cents, since you have to buy 2 500 microsoft point packs to buy it. There ya go, a nice honest answer without all the dumbass bullshittery this forum is surrounded in, swear its like a bunch of middle schoolers bickering in here.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 10, 2009, 11:42 PM
maddog you couldnt of said it better everyone on this game needs to get laid and go to parties atleast 3 times a week i cant say everyone 95% of people.they call you noob but youcancall them losers who are probably pale id rather be a noob than a sexless psu fag

unicorn
Feb 11, 2009, 02:31 AM
This thread alone proves that both sides of the community are a bunch of friggin' idiots. Seriously, your arguing about which piece of machinery is better than the other. There is no, "oh but this side of the community totally has older players blah blah blah," how the hell would you know, did ya take a friggin' age poll or something? Ashamed of being a 360 player, hell I'm ashamed I'm apart of this dumbass community. Everyone needs to get freakin' laid, and take a nice hard look about what exactly your arguing about.
Anyway, a good bit of people use mics, but keyboard chat is common also, just stay out of the rooms that says mic only if you just feel like typing. Its a nice sized population, enough where you can always find a game anyway, and the updates are the same on both of the NA servers. The expansion dropped down to 800 points on the marketplace, which is about 12 dollars and 50 cents, since you have to buy 2 500 microsoft point packs to buy it. There ya go, a nice honest answer without all the dumbass bullshittery this forum is surrounded in, swear its like a bunch of middle schoolers bickering in here.

You're giving us waaaay too much material. Lets just say you've proved the "360 has a younger population" theory.

The bolded part is kinda hypocritical no? It seems like you're arguing about the same thing everyone else is. Actually, no one has been arguing?

Christmas
Feb 11, 2009, 03:08 AM
I could say you disprove it, but I'll try not to stoop to that level. There really isn't too many differences between the servers as far as players. It's just more population means more of a particular group of people. More bad, but at the same there there is more good in it.

Really, it just comes down to what you prefer. Small groups of people where everyone seemingly knows each other, or tons of people where you can always meet someone new. Both are quite nice.

Dhylec
Feb 11, 2009, 09:21 AM
Again, this topic can't keep it nice & constructive, instead of the petty name callings & flamebaits.
I hope the people who are unsure about which servers to be on can decide it by now. If you can't, then try the one you feel like joining.
Like many before it, this topic is now closed for its own good.