PDA

View Full Version : questions regarding the expansion

Tizzakowack
Feb 8, 2009, 10:02 PM
so i just renewed my account and am playing the first part of the game without the expansion.

i have a friend that plays 360 and he wants to get it for pc like me so we can play together.

i was wondering can you buy the expansion and have access to EVERYTHING with JUST the expansion or do u need PSU too?

and if my friend had the expansion can i download his cd too and we can play on 2 different computers or do we both need 2 different games?

Anduril
Feb 8, 2009, 10:04 PM
For the PC AotI is stand alone and it has no game-key, so yeah, you just need the one disc for you both and you're good to go, of and of course you both need a Guardian's license, but his 360 one and characters won't transfer over.

Tizzakowack
Feb 8, 2009, 11:55 PM
i know we would both need a guardian license.

my other questions was do u get all the content from psu when u buy the expansion or do u need both?

Nimna
Feb 9, 2009, 01:54 AM
Hey I have a few questions. I read up a little but I'm still quite unsure. So if I am understanding correctly the expansion doesn't even need the original psu version to be played. You just install it and its like a brand new game? And I can buy it and use it for myself and my friend and we just need to get seperate hunters licenses?

Anduril
Feb 9, 2009, 02:09 AM
i know we would both need a guardian license.

my other questions was do u get all the content from psu when u buy the expansion or do u need both?
That is typically what "stand alone" means. The only thing you don't get from v.1 with AotI is Ep.1.

Anduril
Feb 9, 2009, 02:12 AM
Yes, to everything you just said.

Nimna
Feb 9, 2009, 02:21 AM
Thank you <3 much love :) I played this game when it was first released on the first psu and it wasn't too amazing, i was actually dissapointed compared to the older versions like back on dreamcast even. Might go out and get this tommorow :)

Oh does the expansion have all of the original psu stuff on it? or will i be missing out on stuff that other people can do that have the original version and the expansion also

Anduril
Feb 9, 2009, 02:25 AM
Online, there is nothing you'll be missing. Offline you just won't be able to play the EthanWaber-tastic Episode 1.

Nimna
Feb 9, 2009, 02:31 AM
Your amazing Anduril, someone needs to give you an award! :)

Anduril
Feb 9, 2009, 02:41 AM
My amazing, huh? I think I do deserve an award for that. Anyway, all grammar/spelling jokes aside, I just try to help when and where I can.