PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 i got jacked

dude123
Feb 10, 2009, 10:39 PM
my friend stole my 42% crea doubles and my rucar in a mission and then b listed me is there any thing i can do???:-(

PepperCat
Feb 10, 2009, 10:44 PM
Go to help.sega.com, create account, submit a ticket.

Make sure you have his ID# and his GamerTag.

He'll likely get a banhammer, but its hard to say depending on the circumstances.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 10, 2009, 10:46 PM
I'm sorry but can you explain how this happened exactly???

dude123
Feb 10, 2009, 10:48 PM
i was being dumb and i trusted him

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 10, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hmmm how long did you know em?
imo a friend(well atleast on the online gaming world) is someone u knew for more then a few months...like my group members...i've known most of them for bout 8 months so i can trust them for the most part.

but i suppose a friend in real life could be someone you see on the norm for a few months

-Zephyr-
Feb 10, 2009, 10:54 PM
Since you willingly gave him the items, there is nothing you can do outside of trying to talk to him.

Dragwind
Feb 10, 2009, 10:55 PM
Go to help.sega.com, create account, submit a ticket.

Make sure you have his ID# and his GamerTag.

He'll likely get a banhammer, but its hard to say depending on the circumstances.

This. For a situation such as yours, I don't think they will be able to do anything

dude123
Feb 10, 2009, 10:56 PM
aww thanks anyways now ill be more careful

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 10, 2009, 10:58 PM
and yet you still call him a friend...

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 10, 2009, 11:31 PM
LOl lina that was mean but yea trust no 1 online or offline lol

ashley50
Feb 10, 2009, 11:42 PM

yup...you are.
How long have you known him?

Mattness
Feb 11, 2009, 12:56 AM
The only time something like this ever happened to me was when I was buying up S^10's during the grinder glitch for 360 servers. I went into a shop where they were really cheap and somebody changed the prices. I still got a lot of them, but for a lot more money than I should have paid ><

funnymatt
Feb 11, 2009, 01:05 AM
The only time something like this ever happened to me was when I was buying up S^10's during the grinder glitch for 360 servers. I went into a shop where they were really cheap and somebody changed the prices. I still got a lot of them, but for a lot more money than I should have paid ><

I'm glad your stuff got stolen.

Mattness
Feb 11, 2009, 01:13 AM
Why? o.o

You'll be happy to know that I only lost a few hundred thousand over this, and I made it back rather easily :3

funnymatt
Feb 11, 2009, 01:16 AM
Why? o.o

I was buying up S^10's during the grinder glitch for 360 servers

Shortened for clarity.

Mattness
Feb 11, 2009, 01:20 AM
Okay. You have your opinion and I have mine
I believe Its foolish to not take advantage of such stupidity.
I had grinders for a loooooong time after this.

funnymatt
Feb 11, 2009, 01:27 AM
You'll be happy to know that I only lost a few hundred thousand over this, and I made it back rather easily :3

Actually, I'd be happy to hear your Xbox went RRoD or that some server glitch caused your character to get wiped.

DreXxiN
Feb 11, 2009, 01:32 AM
Actually, I'd be happy to hear your Xbox went RRoD or that some server glitch caused your character to get wiped.

So what if you really need S+10's on a legit server? You buy them because you need them right?

So people on 360 who need them are horrible atrocities to gaming because they bought S+10's? Should they not buy them just because some other glitching fuckers tried to ruin it for the server?

So no one can get S+10's on 360 or they are evil? Do tell.

funnymatt
Feb 11, 2009, 01:36 AM
So what if you really need S+10's on a legit server? You buy them because you need them right?

So people on 360 who need them are horrible atrocities to gaming because they bought S+10's? Should they not buy them just because some other glitching fuckers tried to ruin it for the server?

So no one can get S+10's on 360 or they are evil? Do tell.

At this point, it's a year past the influx of glitched items so they're impossible to avoid on the open market. Every S+10 I've ever used, however, I synthed myself. I'm sure some of the items that I have sold have been purchased with bogus meseta, but I can't do anything about that. I can, however, be indignant and condescending towards jagoffs that exacerbated the problem by purchasing stacks and stacks of S+10s during the glitching spree. So if anyone reading this did so, please go get run over by a car. Thank you.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 11, 2009, 01:51 AM
At this point, Every S+10 I've ever used, however, I synthed myself.

Pics or it didn't happen :D :dead: its called sleep matt i think you need some. :dead:

Mattness
Feb 11, 2009, 03:20 PM
Some people are a little crazy :3 If you guys had the option I'm sure you would have done it too. If not for the grinders, for the meseta they would be worth in the future.

funnymatt
Feb 11, 2009, 03:25 PM
Some people are a little crazy :3 If you guys had the option I'm sure you would have done it too. If not for the grinders, for the meseta they would be worth in the future.

I had the opportunity, and I didn't do it. And I don't regret it for one second. The problem is that Sega decided not to wipe all the S+10s or make them untradeable which would have reduced the inflation problems the game saw, but the economy is pretty stable now. I do choose to continue to look down upon and ridicule players that exploited the glitch, though.

NiceOnes
Feb 11, 2009, 03:27 PM
I would've done it too if I had not been on my extended LOA from the game...

Why not collect water for free when it rains?

xBladeM6x
Feb 11, 2009, 03:28 PM
If you gave it to him to use out of trust, there is nothing they can do, but ban him. You won't get your weapons back, but you can at least rest assured that he won't have them either. :-D

Calsetes
Feb 11, 2009, 03:39 PM
Anyway, getting back to the whole original post......

I'd say if you play with the guy for a while over a long period of time, you should develop that trust over that length and know if they're trustworthy or not. Let me clarify: I came back to playing this back in the beginning of December. Since then, I've made a few new friends (i.e. people I trust implicitly no matter what, and that's like 2 people) and seen some old friends come back again. At this point, I know with those few people (a total of maybe 3-5) that if I hand them something, they'll either use it like they said or give it back to me how I gave it to them (if not better). They've given me stuff, and me for them. If you haven't run into anyone like that yet, then the easier (and safer, although a little bit harder route) is wait until they do something for you that shows trust, and then trust them only with equivalence. If they give you something like a bunch of small cheap weapons for your PM to eat, then only trust them with a meager amount (like "Here's a Crimson, you didn't have any S-ranks yet") - conversely, if they give you a Rattlesnake board, give them something for it to show you how appreciative you are for the action (like when I gave my friend 5 mil when he gave me one, not as much as "street value" but then again if I had that, I wouldn't have been looking for one as hard as I was).

In the end, it's a judgment thing. I'd say do what they said and put in a ticket, but don't expect a lot out of it - it's not Sega's fault you had poor judgment, but it is a violation of the ToS if they did it in a trade and quickly glitched the trade so you got the short end of the stick.

kejen
Feb 11, 2009, 08:11 PM
Some people are just so sorry in this game they don't know how to get good stuff. Whether they are just dumb or lazy, who knows. But they resort to scamming/stealing to get it.

The other day someone buy the name of jaiijaii tried to scam me. Was trying to sell a 42% kan yu and he put up a trade for 20 mil for it. I knew he was a scammer right away because any legit person would want to go through a shop, or at least see the sword. But was dying to see how this standy trade works (read how to prevent it, so wanted to test it out) so told him to hold on. Ran to my room to get a 12% kan yu. Checked if he had a shop also, no shop so knew for sure he was a scammer. He never did get my 12% kan yu because I figured why even let him get that. So sent him my card and said go to my shop and will be up for even less than 20 mil. He never came.

Sorry to hear you lost your 42% crea doubles. What goes around comes around. Trust me. I'm sure you will get a nice drop soon to get your money back, and something bad will happed to him.

afterthoughtz
Feb 11, 2009, 08:16 PM
Some people are just so sorry in this game they don't know how to get good stuff. Whether they are just dumb or lazy, who knows. But they resort to scamming/stealing to get it.

The other day someone buy the name of jaiijaii tried to scam me. Was trying to sell a 42% kan yu and he put up a trade for 20 mil for it. I knew he was a scammer right away because any legit person would want to go through a shop, or at least see the sword. But was dying to see how this standy trade works (read how to prevent it, so wanted to test it out) so told him to hold on. Ran to my room to get a 12% kan yu. Checked if he had a shop also, no shop so knew for sure he was a scammer. He never did get my 12% kan yu because I figured why even let him get that. So sent him my card and said go to my shop and will be up for even less than 20 mil. He never came.

Sorry to hear you lost your 42% crea doubles. What goes around comes around. Trust me. I'm sure you will get a nice drop soon to get your money back, and something bad will happed to him.What does him having a shop have to do with anything??? I dont have a shop and that dosent make me a scammer, seriously people who dont own shops are scammers now??

kejen
Feb 11, 2009, 08:51 PM
Never said it did. But definitely makes you a bit more shady if you want to trade with me and don't have a shop. How are you making money without a shop? Sure as hell aren't going to toss up 20 mil just like that if you don't have a shop. Could be a new char without a shop, but by the time you reach 100+, chances are you will have one.

People that have shops with gamertags in the ad shows me you have nothing to hide and probably an honest person. And at least by having a shop, your ID# is out there for everyone to see.

afterthoughtz
Feb 11, 2009, 09:23 PM
Never said it did. But definitely makes you a bit more shady if you want to trade with me and don't have a shop. How are you making money without a shop? Sure as hell aren't going to toss up 20 mil just like that if you don't have a shop. Could be a new char without a shop, but by the time you reach 100+, chances are you will have one.

People that have shops with gamertags in the ad shows me you have nothing to hide and probably an honest person. And at least by having a shop, your ID# is out there for everyone to see.I see your point but you can sell items through trade as well as thru teh shop. however i apologize for being kinda rude, i was upset at something else also lol

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Feb 11, 2009, 09:59 PM
I never trust anyone in an MMO, unless its RL friends playing with me (which used to be the case), but they all quit...

jShazBot
Feb 11, 2009, 11:05 PM
Most of my "RL" friends are somewhat normal and don't play MMO's. Therefore, since I have no real friends on MMO's I trust nobody.

LuigiMario
Feb 13, 2009, 12:46 AM
I had the opportunity, and I didn't do it. And I don't regret it for one second. The problem is that Sega decided not to wipe all the S+10s or make them untradeable which would have reduced the inflation problems the game saw, but the economy is pretty stable now. I do choose to continue to look down upon and ridicule players that exploited the glitch, though.

I explioted this glitch in two ways according to your arguement. Two evil ways. Go ahead. Look down on me. Your opinion does not matter and neither do you, shrimp.

kejen
Mar 26, 2009, 07:46 PM

Sorry to hear you lost your 42% crea doubles. What goes around comes around. Trust me. I'm sure you will get a nice drop soon to get your money back, and something bad will happed to him.

Sorry for bringing this thread back, but was just reading someones bulletin board and this guy jaiijaii tried to strike again. ID 80xxx. Knew he was a scammer. POS.

Dhylec
Mar 26, 2009, 07:49 PM
Sorry for bringing this thread back, but was just reading someones bulletin board and this guy jaiijaii tried to strike again. ID 80xxx. Knew he was a scammer. POS.

Of course, the better way to help prevent scams is collecting info & reporting to Sega.

fortetoker
Mar 26, 2009, 07:53 PM
I never trust anyone in an MMO, unless its RL friends playing with me (which used to be the case), but they all quit...
thats dum me and my friends all have trust and let each other borrow money/weps, if they're ur friends they'll care more aboout being ur friend than a stupid in game item

Aries2384
Mar 26, 2009, 10:06 PM
thats dum me and my friends all have trust and let each other borrow money/weps, if they're ur friends they'll care more aboout being ur friend than a stupid in game item

Uh yeah, go make friends and test them by giving them really nice stuff to see if theyre your friend. Im sure you'll go broke pretty fast. EVERYONE has a price for betrayal and if they say otherwise, they're a liar. Some people's are just higher or lower than others. Thats all. I trust two people I play with on this game... but I've been playing with them for 2 years. I can't help that I trust them. But its only those two. Generally, if I can't knock on their house door, or jam my fist in their face, I don't trust people on MMo's. Thats all there is to it.

RemiusTA
Mar 27, 2009, 07:19 AM
I explioted this glitch in two ways according to your arguement. Two evil ways. Go ahead. Look down on me. Your opinion does not matter and neither do you, shrimp.

lol tough guy

=====

No matter how people try and act through text, they're still just talking to you. You should be able to sense when someone generally is just after your stuff, unless they were just really good at scamming people.

If someone is your "friend", they most likely don't hover around you just to take your stuff. Doesn't matter the course of time. Even if ive known people on this game for multiple years, there would still be people i simply wouldn't give my stuff to, because you never know though.

Guess you just have to have a weather eye on this stuff. I can know people for a very short amount of time, and still usually get them to lend me their stuff. I dont think thats because im persuasive, i think its because people generally can tell im not a bastard.

Its a moral and ethical thing. Even if i dont personally know the person, it just feels super dirty to scam their stuff using trust. I may walk up to someone and PK the hell out of them on an MMO, take the shit they drop, and laugh my ass off in their face, but i wont scam them. Thats just fucking pathetic. You can spit a bunch of "THATS HOW LIFE IS TRUST NOBODY" shit around, but the bottom line is you're just a pathetic person for doing something like that, and in real life i dont possibly see how you can have any friends.

x1on3x
Mar 27, 2009, 11:30 AM
Sry to hear about that, my friend let me hold onto his 21% (Dark)Agito Repca, and i let him use my 12% Yiel Line, but i havent seen him since. and i need armor bad. :dead:

jayster
Mar 28, 2009, 01:38 AM
I'd say that about 95% of the people that justify the grinder glitch either took advantage of it or did it themselves.

Come on, it's like taking free items from someone that just hacked another persons account. Either way, rules were violated, you were aware that the rules were violated and you continued to 'take advantagey' of it anyways. You supported the glitchers and gave them more reason to do it. How can you be proud of your palette? You're just as bad as someone who buys meseta off ebay.

But on topic, I rarely let online friends use my stuff, even good friends I play with all the time. I don't want to offend them by refusing to let them borrow something but unless they let me use something worth about the same as theirs, I don't lend stuff out. The only people I will lend my stuff to without being hesitant is my little brother and a friend I know in real life.

You can ask my clan, it took all the power they had to borrow one of my love infernos :P

OldCoot
Mar 29, 2009, 04:34 PM

I don't think you were being dumb at all. You trusted someone who turned out not to be trustworthy. That person is the problem. Maybe look at it this way, you learned what that person is really like now.

hunterseifer
Mar 30, 2009, 05:27 AM
Uh yeah, go make friends and test them by giving them really nice stuff to see if theyre your friend. Im sure you'll go broke pretty fast. EVERYONE has a price for betrayal and if they say otherwise, they're a liar. Some people's are just higher or lower than others. Thats all. I trust two people I play with on this game... but I've been playing with them for 2 years. I can't help that I trust them. But its only those two. Generally, if I can't knock on their house door, or jam my fist in their face, I don't trust people on MMo's. Thats all there is to it.

Its simple, this is how you know when to lend friends items
on ps2: know them for 3-4 monthes
on 360: know for a year

I'm being dead serious here, Ive been reading posts alot lately that ppl getting scammed by some random person or so-called friend its always on the 360, I've yet to meet a scammer on ps2, you can say we have our set of probs on ps2 like hackers, but they get delt within 2-3weeks, whereas on 360 someone always gets scammed and cant do anything about it, which is pretty much the same as a hacker stealing your stuff anyway. I can name ten ppl right now I can trust using my equipment, and one of them right now is using my 26% 8/10 repca atm. I know this sounds like a anti 360 thing, but this is plain facts, anyone who checks the forums for at least a year minimum here know I speak the truth.

360: constantly on your toes on who to trade with, can never be too sure who to trust
Ps2/pc:A hacker alert once a year, lock your room for 2-3 weeks.

Obvious which one to go for, you could really play it safe and join the Jp servers, but you would have to learn a new language >.>

Warlock01
Mar 30, 2009, 06:23 AM
You're just as bad as someone who buys meseta off ebay.

i had to go look that up when you said it! made me laugh so much. couldnt find anything for sale, but another site i found sell's a stack of messeta for 160 dollar's!!! thats sick!

I'm being dead serious here, Ive been reading posts alot lately that ppl getting scammed by some random person or so-called friend its always on the 360, I've yet to meet a scammer on ps2, you can say we have our set of probs on ps2 like hackers, but they get delt within 2-3weeks, whereas on 360 someone always gets scammed and cant do anything about it, which is pretty much the same as a hacker stealing your stuff anyway. I can name ten ppl right now I can trust using my equipment, and one of them right now is using my 26% 8/10 repca atm. I know this sounds like a anti 360 thing, but this is plain facts, anyone who checks the forums for at least a year minimum here know I speak the truth.

360: constantly on your toes on who to trade with, can never be too sure who to trust

Obvious which one to go for, you could really play it safe and join the Jp servers, but you would have to learn a new language >.>

enjoyed this post. thanks for the info. i didnt know the 360 server were that bad compared to the ps2. whats the pc server like? i assume its worse since people can do anything with pc's.
personally, i dont trade with anyone other than my brother on this game.
if i want to sell something, then its in shop only. if its a big item, then ill sell through here and only to very trusted member's of the forum's.

Sylpheed
Mar 30, 2009, 06:37 AM

Sorry, but that is a VERY extreme view of the 360 servers. People love to stereotype and you are no different. Yes, there is undoubtedly scammers on the 360 servers. Quite a fair few actually. However, there is also a WIDE base of players who are helpful, trusting, friendly and generally good players. Like everyone always says, it's always the negative and bad things that get reported and exaggerated, that's just the way it is.

Also take into consideration that the PS2's population is, in comparison to the 360 servers a VERY small community. In which case, scamming there would be pretty pointless as you would be a rediculously easy target for a ban.

ShonagarACE
Mar 30, 2009, 02:34 PM
whats the pc server like?

PC players are on the same server as PS2.

hunterseifer
Mar 30, 2009, 08:49 PM
i had to go look that up when you said it! made me laugh so much. couldnt find anything for sale, but another site i found sell's a stack of messeta for 160 dollar's!!! thats sick!

enjoyed this post. thanks for the info. i didnt know the 360 server were that bad compared to the ps2. whats the pc server like? i assume its worse since people can do anything with pc's.
personally, i dont trade with anyone other than my brother on this game.
if i want to sell something, then its in shop only. if its a big item, then ill sell through here and only to very trusted member's of the forum's.

Well this game is intended to play on pc no doubt about it, not only it runs smoothly but if you do have some sort of lagg problems you can adjust the settings, which you cant do on console's. And yes, someone can attempt to hack with a pc like with anyother game, but seriously takes alot of work and when they catch you, they ban you and you lose everything, with them patching over what the person did so It cant be done again.

Sorry, but that is a VERY extreme view of the 360 servers. People love to stereotype and you are no different. Yes, there is undoubtedly scammers on the 360 servers. Quite a fair few actually. However, there is also a WIDE base of players who are helpful, trusting, friendly and generally good players. Like everyone always says, it's always the negative and bad things that get reported and exaggerated, that's just the way it is.

Also take into consideration that the PS2's population is, in comparison to the 360 servers a VERY small community. In which case, scamming there would be pretty pointless as you would be a rediculously easy target for a ban.

I'm not stereotyping, this is simple fact, I'm not saying the whole 360 is nothing but bad players, but well a majority of it is. I was thinking of joining the 360 servers when I first started, but this is the same stuff I came up with before I choose, by reading forums here, and the psu website. I even asked acouple friends that tried both servers. so It's not stereotyping, its facts, big difference.
And in population difference, yes its small compared to 360(like I stated earlier) since there's nothing else to compare it to, but on the bright side not everyone is spamming WB like they use too(as of late anyway). And like you said, 360 is easier to scam ppl on than the ps2 :p ppl look out for eachother in a small community

Swiftstrike
Apr 1, 2009, 12:03 PM
EVERYONE has a price for betrayal and if they say otherwise, they're a liar. Some people's are just higher or lower than others.

Maybe in your Emo world.

I will never betray someone I know. To me, loyalty is much more important than anything physical.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 1, 2009, 01:04 PM
I'm not stereotyping, this is simple fact, I'm not saying the whole 360 is nothing but bad players, but well a majority of it is. Isnt that contradicting what you just said a lil bit. You said the the whole server is "not" a bunch of bad players but then you say majority..... o_0 plus that untrue Xbox Server= Good Players > Scammers. Not Good Players = Bad Players or Good Players >=(<=) Bad Players.

And like you said, 360 is easier to scam ppl on than the ps2 :p ppl look out for eachother in a small community

Its true that since our server is bigger so scamming is kind of shady since you wont know everyone but if you do the following then for the most part you wouldnt have a problem:
Play with a certain group of people you know only...and if it comes down to playing with new people, just be a little cautious of them (if there leader) ( like booters)
When it comes to trading.....IMO i say ONLY trade with people with good standards or reputation either on here or on the sega boards.

jayster
Apr 2, 2009, 01:08 AM

Ebay does a pretty good job at deleting items when they're trying to sell meseta. Selling property of another is against ebays rules (you're selling Sega's property, which is meseta, for real life money). However, people find ways around it. They might put up... "Selling my time to earn max meseta. After you buy my time, i'll purchase a monomate from your shop for a stack as a complimentary gift." And they'll charge like 100+ $. I don't know exactly how it works but it's been a problem since the game began. Not to mention that there are many sites you can purchase meseta off of. If you can't earn meseta without glitches or cheating, then you don't deserve anything you have.

I hate to say it, but all the big shots in psu took advantage of the grinder glitch to obtain billions of meseta. Doesn't matter if they didn't do the actual glitch, they still used the glitch to profit, which in my books is cheating.

I'm not stereotyping, this is simple fact, I'm not saying the whole 360 is nothing but bad players, but well a majority of it is. I was thinking of joining the 360 servers when I first started, but this is the same stuff I came up with before I choose, by reading forums here, and the psu website. I even asked acouple friends that tried both servers. so It's not stereotyping, its facts, big difference.
And in population difference, yes its small compared to 360(like I stated earlier) since there's nothing else to compare it to, but on the bright side not everyone is spamming WB like they use too(as of late anyway). And like you said, 360 is easier to scam ppl on than the ps2 :p ppl look out for eachother in a small community

Funny because it's idiots like you that plague the 360 server.

You could say we have more scammers and such, but we also have many more honest, good players. The reasoning is simple, we have more players. Therefore we have more players who are bad and more players who are good. If you put our good players in a ratio to our bad players, it would probably be the same ratio as your server. The fact is, there are idiots on both servers, and you're a prime example.

Arada
Apr 2, 2009, 01:44 AM
Basically people only complain on forums so it's pretty normal we only hear about the bad things that happen on each server.

In my opinion, Xbox has the same kind of population as PC/PS2 Servers but we're just fewer so I guess we're elminating the problematic part of the population because they just have that few people to annoy.

Volcompat321
Apr 2, 2009, 04:49 AM
"friend" lol

Volcompat321
Apr 2, 2009, 04:50 AM
Maybe in your Emo world.

I will never betray someone I know. To me, loyalty is much more important than anything physical.

i agree to this. loyalty is everything.

darkante
Apr 2, 2009, 05:05 AM
Yes, loyalty is far more important then anything in-game stuff.

If you canīt trust anyone, whatīs the point of playing a game online? >.>
Or even..living in the real life...