PDA

View Full Version : I love being booted!

NiceOnes
Feb 11, 2009, 12:00 PM
Soooo... First time I've been booted since the last major update. Spent a good chunk of time playing a Charged puzzle run last night with some randoms. The last 2 out of 3 magashi's are on their last legs when I landed in the lobby along with the majority of our party. Makes getting an Agito even more of a bitch when you're sitting in the lobby and it drops!

When are you not able to boot from the party? I thought it was not allowed once you entered the boss area. Maybe it's after the boss has been killed that you can't be booted, or maybe the magashi area isn't considered a boss area?

Xbox 360 servers.

Don't get me wrong, I got over it the second it happened and am by no means whining. Just a heads up to save yourself some time and frustration by not playing with this idiot.

angel1988
Feb 11, 2009, 12:14 PM
hey u call me an idiot but ur the one who lagged my game really bad so i couldnt even hit thr enemys #1 repca board didnt drop and who cares anyway the game is not about getting money its about fun so get over yourself when u get a better internet connection you wont be booted y dnt you tell me your gt so i can say a few things to you.

Calsetes
Feb 11, 2009, 12:17 PM
They changed it so you can't boot between the "mission complete" and the "mission end" messages, i.e. if you killed the last magashi, he couldn't boot you until you either abandoned the mission or someone went to the lobby.

I think it really sucks that people are getting that low that they boot people during the boss fights now. Then again, for every good guy you have out there, there's a jerk to offset him. Just blacklist him or be on the lookout for him and avoid him if it bothers you that much. Unfortunately, nothing he did was against the ToS, really.

Edit: Ooookay, I'm going to stay out of it then since it may have been a connection issue. Don't mind me.....

Ethateral
Feb 11, 2009, 12:22 PM
Lol?

People don't 'cause you to lag when they join, because their internet is bad. It's YOUR internet itself, that causes you to lag. Or even the servers.

angel1988
Feb 11, 2009, 12:23 PM
oh and by the way in game i did say if lagg one more time i was booting someone and it happened to be u i accually wasnt even playin 4 the last 2 mags cause fortunately i have a life and had to do something for my familly

NiceOnes
Feb 11, 2009, 12:24 PM
Magashi runs! JOIN! --- Not exactly the best party name for someone with a heavy foot!

I knew it you'd be on these boards. Yes you are an idiot. All I ever casted was foie and resta. Not lag inducing tech's by any means. The lag excuse is a real beauty too considering the timing! My gamertag is the same as my profile name and my character name if you'd still like to chat. Might want to blame SEGAC for their decrepit servers as opposed to my internet connection for lag issues.

Have a nice day!

angel1988
Feb 11, 2009, 12:25 PM
if it was my internet how come the person iwas ina party with was laggin to its not likely that 2 ppl lagg and then boot someone and the lagg stops yea i know alittle more about computers than i should

Ethateral
Feb 11, 2009, 12:26 PM
i accually wasnt even playin 4 the last 2 mags cause fortunately i have a life and had to do something for my familly

That's relavent, why? You didn't play for the 2 MAGs? Alright, good for you.

if it was my internet how come the person iwas ina party with was laggin to its not likely that 2 ppl lagg and then boot someone and the lagg stops yea i know alittle more about computers than i should

Lol.. You can play fine with 2 people in your party, lets say, but then a 3rd joins, and you start lagging up. It has to do with your internet provider itself and how good it is. Let alone, how it's performing that day. I know way more than I should about computers, so don't fight me over something like this. It has to do with YOUR internet. Not the 3rd players. As for the second player lagging? Well, they may be lagging due to oh.. I don't know, THEIR internet as well. I've played with many of friends, who can only play in parties of 2, before they lag up, since their internet is crap or performing poorly at that time. Let alone, the servers can cause you to lag as well, regaurdless of how well your internet it.

Excuse my double post, I don't typically do it.

angel1988
Feb 11, 2009, 12:31 PM
wow niceones doesnt even answer chat like he says he would and ethateral u prob know nothing about how internet works or how a computer works or even what you really could do with one so stay out of it

yea i got verizon fios its not my not connection ur prob one these ppl just like nice ones who have a homeless railroad track wifi hackin connection and trying to sound smart when u can afford the best internet connection for gaming come talk to me untill then shut up

Yunfa
Feb 11, 2009, 12:35 PM

The only time another person in your party is able to lag was before the graphic nerf for techs lvls 31-41.

If it's anything, it's your own connection. Do keep in mind that there are parts of the mission where everyone lags, and these spots happen every time. Get over it.

By saying: "If I lag one more time I will boot someone," is a pretty bad excuse. And in case you over read OP's message, he stated that it was not only him who was booted.

Also, was a coincidence that it just happened to lag right when the Magashis were on their last legs as stated by the OP?

Even, even against allllll the odds that what you say was true, booting someone for lagging you, is still not right.

NiceOnes
Feb 11, 2009, 12:37 PM
Angel,

I'm at work right now and don't have access to my xbox. We can message on here or via xboxlive.com (typed msg's only!) as I only have access via the computer. We can also wait until later on this evening when I've taken up my position on the couch to chat if you would prefer.

I believe this thread has run its course and no one is really interested in what we have to say to each other.

Closed.

Akio-Kasai
Feb 11, 2009, 12:37 PM

This happened on the 360 >_> Nothing to do with computers.

So you're saying you were able to stand the lag all the way until Magashi? You even took down the first one. You claim the lag went away, yet you were at the end of the mission? How pray tell did you have enough time to tell that he was the cause of your lag?

When you yourself lag, other people cannot be the cause. Slowdown however, is a different story. There is a distinct difference between Lag and Slowdown.

If you were lagging as you say, it was either your connection, or SEGA's server. There are times when certain people are affected while others are not.

Blaming Lag to justify your boot is kind of lame. You didn't have nearly enough time to notice if booting him affected your 'lag'. After all, you were at the end of the mission, and you obviously made no motion to stop your lag before reaching the boss eh? If you lag you lag, deal with it a mature way. The lag isn't going to affect the quality of your drops, nor will slowdown.

You can't justify booting someone who played the whole mission with you, and actually helped along. Trying to do so, simply makes you look like a fool.

Dragwind
Feb 11, 2009, 12:43 PM
Closed by request.