PDA

View Full Version : rare missions

fay
Feb 12, 2009, 05:27 PM
ok i think i know what the answer to this will be but here goes.

we get the rare mission after completing a mission. so what about when we complete the trade in mission at the carnival. does that mean we could find it after that?

stukasa
Feb 12, 2009, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. You can only get a rare mission by completing another mission, and since you can't "complete" the trade-in mission (since there's nothing to complete) you can't get the rare mission from it.

_Vyser_
Feb 12, 2009, 05:59 PM
Hmm...can't say I know for sure. It makes sense why that would be a possibility, but I haven't tested/heard of it working. I'm going to say no for now because of the time limit rule (lower chance of finding the rare mission if you do short runs if I remember correctly) and the fact you don't get a rank.

BlueMan
Feb 12, 2009, 08:27 PM
That's kinda odd. Just a few days ago, I got on to look for a Lumirus/Kaos Knight and illusionary shaft appeared without doing any missions. It's a bit odd to me and has this happened to anyone else?

Anduril
Feb 12, 2009, 08:41 PM
That's kinda odd. Just a few days ago, I got on to look for a Lumirus/Kaos Knight and illusionary shaft appeared without doing any missions. It's a bit odd to me and has this happened to anyone else?
I'm pretty sure that it still carries over from your last run, so if when you last were on before logging off you got the rare mission then when you log back on it should be there. (I hope I didn't confuse things there.)
Ok, here is what I was trying to say with that confused bit of text I posted. You play a mission, then you get the rare mission; you don't do the rare mission(like not knowing you got it) and you log off; you log back on and you go to a counter and BAM! rare mission. Ok, I think that is clearer.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 13, 2009, 03:34 AM
Yes i've got a rare mission several times and haven't even completed a run. But i've noticed if you're in a team and spam Carnival Charged Puzzle say 5+ runs then all split and check for a rare run on a planet the chances of finding it are pretty high. now before you dis-credit it as most people do with rare mission theories...like mine yesterday this has happened countless time's for me so I really think there' s something in it.

That's why I find it so annoying when people onyl stay for 1 or maybe 2 runs at most, the more dedicated you are the higher the chance of rare runs.

Tifa

fuzzygrim
Feb 13, 2009, 08:10 PM
So do your missons carry over from day to day? cause my lil bro has been doin event runs for like 3 days but has never checked so is it possibe he has one?

_Vyser_
Feb 14, 2009, 12:54 AM
From what I've heard, yes.