PDA

View Full Version : My Rant on C-mode N00bs

Vantamiath
Feb 10, 2003, 09:32 PM
Ok, Ive had maybe the worst experience with C-mode Ive ever had in the past 2 days. I went to get my S-rank shot with my new RAmar only to be bombarded with Noobs up the yin-yang from USA...

Of course, I go to Alycone 6/7, but now that C7-C9 is open, everyone with a character feels they should go get a new shiny "rare"...this results in people who have no idea what theyre doing wasting my fucking time.

I made a game C1 TA to start, 2 RA's and a HUmar joined, all American. The HU had used all of his mates before AREA 2, and the RA's were so lost I could strangle a kitten. COMPLETION TIME: 13+ Minutes.

Next was glorious C2, made another game, C2 TA, Need HU's. So what do I get? I get a FO and 1 RAmar and one Hucast. The HUcast was the only person who knew what they were doing/knew maps, and me/him handing out mates and a scape was all that kept us alive. Heres the funny ass part--COMPLETION TIME: 52+ Minutes.

After several C3 attempts the noobs were just to much, and JP players just wouldnt play with a RAmar american, i dont blame them, probably thought as me as just another USA C-mode noob.

DONT TELL ME to have sympathy because they may be NEW to c-mode, when you have spent over 4.5 hours on a new character just to beat stages 1&2 and gawd-awfull times, then maybe I'll listen to you....

Until then...

May C-mode n00bs please find a new hobby?

AdamW
Feb 10, 2003, 09:56 PM
It's tough to break into C-Mode.. this is exactly why I haven't got serious in playing it yet. Because I know I'd screw up. I don't really know what you expect if you're playing public games though. Try locked games with friends. That's how I plan on learning C-Mode.

Eum
Feb 10, 2003, 09:58 PM
Please, get off of your high-horse.

You were there once. I would assume not too long ago by the overwhelming cocky aura emitting from this thread.

I would suggest mailing people you know are decent at C-Mode. Then it hit me; who in their right mind would give their card to such an arrogant and disgusting individual?

Subliminalgroove
Feb 10, 2003, 10:07 PM
This is exactly why I haven't tried C-mode yet. I have heard to many horror stories from new c-mode players about pissy "vets" to really make me want to invest time in this portion of the game.

Eum
Feb 10, 2003, 10:29 PM
And it's a shame, because C-Mode, in my opinion, is one of the greatest aspects of PSO.

ChibiMyu
Feb 11, 2003, 02:53 PM
I haven't even set foot in a c-mode game on GC and I don't plan to, at least for a while. I had a horrible time finding people who knew what they were doing on DC, and after that, I never found it worth the time. What kind of force is still lvl 1 when he reaches the dragon? o__O;; How about a hacker who boosts his atp to max, and then doesn't even kill stuff? I have so many bad c1 stories, it's not even funny. It's not worth the stress for me...

Guntz348
Feb 11, 2003, 03:16 PM
On 2003-02-10 19:07, Subliminalgroove wrote:
This is exactly why I haven't tried C-mode yet. I have heard to many horror stories from new c-mode players about pissy "vets" to really make me want to invest time in this portion of the game.

I'm a cmode DC vet and yes i can be pissy towards cmode newbs. BUT ONLY when they join a TA game and I say "this is TA" or "this is time attack under x time is what I want ok?" Then they say ok and they know what they are doing uhhh no you dont and u just wasted five monomates on a rappy. If you a noob say so. I have and do enjoy teaching those new to cmode how to do it and how to get the fastest times. But dont say your an expert and you know what your doing when you dont, because thats just rude.

Also if anyone (I'm talking to one person specifically) scrolls or floods that message about it "not mattering if a weapon is strong its other abbilities..." or what ever the hell it is, to the people who do that do the world a favor. Go out into you yard by the edge of the road. Wait for an 18-wheeler to come by and when it does jump in front of it with your eyes open please. Thanks!

LamerPanda
Feb 11, 2003, 03:54 PM
I don't mind if people are new at C-Mode (being fairly new myself), but what bothers me is if they won't listen.

"Ignore the enemies" and "Get the switch" are apparently some foreign language, judging by the amount of people that don't listen to it.

Yes, I'll admit to getting lost in C-Mode, but if you just tell me where to go, I'll go there. Why doesn't anyone else try to? T.T

Nidarrock
Feb 11, 2003, 04:28 PM
The only C-Mode I've played was the DC C-Mode. I think it's one of the best features of PSO. But yes I have had my fair share a bad C-Mode games. I do agree that if you are a beginner to C-Mode steer clear of TA games and if someone asks if you've done this before answer honestly. I was "allowed" to stay in many C-Mode games(my first two times through it all) because I was honest and when they told me to ignore the enemies, move, hit the switch, find me, go there, Shifta, Resta, etc... I OBEYED! The thing that ticked me off on many of my other C-Mode trips(where I was the "leader") were new players that new an average time to shoot for in each section and the moment the timer went passed that time they would say, "Not S-Rank. Oh well." Then they would either leave, stop playing and stand still, die, or complain the rest of the time.

All you should do in C-mode is, if your new don't be ashamed, be honest, know your role(hunter force, ranger) and follow what the "pros" say. C-Mode is a lot of fun if everyone can get along and work together. It also doesn't hurt to look at the maps and such before hand, or have a print out.

Well that's a few of my thoughts. I can't wait until I get on one of the new versions and play C-Mode again.

CajunSamurai
Feb 12, 2003, 12:44 AM
On 2003-02-10 19:29, Eum wrote:
And it's a shame, because C-Mode, in my opinion, is one of the greatest aspects of PSO.
Exactly... And as long as you have general PSO skills, it shouldn't really be that big a deal. Follow the leader/s (and there is always at least one leader in a C game) and/or study/print maps, and above all else, make use of your PSO skills and it's really not that hard at all.
Just don't stray from the pack (EVER, unless you have to; I always alert the group before the C and/or during a fork when/if we have to split up), and learn from any mistakes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

However, with all the glitches going on right now, I ain't touchin' C mode with a 10 foot friggin' pole again until it's fixed.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Sunaj
Feb 12, 2003, 03:34 AM
I'd be happy to help any newbies, C mode is the core of PSO. The problem isnt newbies, it's simply miscommunication and a FEW people being asses. (Vets and noobs alike)

We had been trying to get a decent time on F1 for a friend for weeks. (Lost to FSODs, and suckniess all around.) so after a long time, a humar (no offense to the humars, but its a bad sign ;p ) We learned from previous attempts to politely ask if they were experienced or not, so we do. He walks off ignoring us for a while. We keep asking, waiting patiently by the counter, and he finally replies with "yeah sure". ....right.

So he makes an ass of himself in the first few seconds of cmode, and even barring the fact that we were making record time with him going after the boxes, and attacking hordes by himself, and using all the items on himself immerdiately, we move on. Then he decides he got bored of it or something, stands still and disconnects! (Not lag either, he was moving fine, and stopped walking.) That messes up that attempt, naturally.

All the supposed "vets" arent much more experienced or nicer either. One of the first times we tried F1, me and a friend(fonewearl and humar) entered a game with a racaseal and a hucast. Theres a puzzle there where one person has to stand on a button to open a gate while breaking boxes and avoiding enemies, while the other person runs into the locked gate and hits the switch to the next area. The hucast runs off to the cozy job of waiting by the gate, which left my fo to bust boxes while fending off enemies. She naturally gets knocked down, almost killed serveral times, while the hucast stands idly by. (Even a freeze bomb woulda bought me some time...) So the raceaseal then starts giving US crap while it was her partner who couldve done more, and dies to quit without, you know, consulting us or anything. They then proceed to ask for experienced Cmode players in the lobby, and call us n00bs. Real classy.

There was a time in c3 where we were a bit (not much) newbish, and were playing with a Hucast. He was laging behind hitting all the enemies, and breaking open boxes. Naturally we speed along, and one of us gets hit by a bomb. He then proceeds to lecture us "ALWAYS WAIT FOR THE HUCAST!!!!!" then and for most of the level, despite the fact that he didnt have a gun, and was always the last guy to leave the room.

I've made a lot of dumbass mistakes in c mode(*cough* greatly underestimating a racasts def and hp...) , and also chided people when i prolly shouldnt have. Not recently though...esp. with a keyboard, ive been trying to help newbies, and asking what their experience is, offering to do certain puzzles, etc... With a keyboard, you can calmly and quickly explain what to do: "Are you new to c mode?" "head right at the next doorway". Without it, we're reduced to: "Soniku, you are stupid!" That's just an ass. Real cmode vets shouldnt be taking up time and space onscreen trying to insult someone anyways.

The vets should try to be more inviting, and ask questions beforehand. If your that uncomfortable or doubt it will be good, leave. Newbies should play thier best, and ask questions. They also shouldnt put up with dis-respect, and vice versa. Both should make a better effort to communicate, becuase it really is the best part of PSO...as soon as the bugs are fixed

IceBlink
Feb 12, 2003, 03:48 AM
Back on DC, there was similiar problems like that... I, plus a friend, would join Challenge games just to help people pass the level... though not C2. I didn't like that one. ^_^;

Rhete
Feb 12, 2003, 04:04 AM
On 2003-02-10 18:32, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
I went to get my S-rank shot with my new RAmar

everyone with a character feels they should go get a new shiny "rare"

You're different how? C-mode is about the journey, not the prize

Vantamiath
Feb 17, 2003, 11:50 PM
You're different how? C-mode is about the journey, not the prize

If you call a journey yelling at noobs who have no attention span, dont listen or follow your instructions, and use a monomate every time they get hit.....then sure.

Long live the journey.

2Xtreme
Feb 18, 2003, 07:27 PM
I hate cmode noobs too. Now I'm not bashing people that are new to cmode, just players that so totally and completely suck that you wonder why they even play the game. You know, the ones with no common sense. The ones that use a monomate after a shark's critical hit takes away 20 of their 100 HP. The ones that use all their monofluids seconds before leveling up. The ones that don't follow you the right way because they "WNAT MORE EXP!". The ones that shoot the Nano Dragons for five hours so it can't land, and a hunter who happens to do 30 more damage (because they do 1 or 0) can kill it. Those idiots. Those are the ones I hate.

I also hate how they are flooding into the JP ships and expecting to ride a team of JP players (or cmode vets like me) all the way to srank. It's because of them that so many japanese challenge games are now called "C2 JP ONLY" or why the japanese are putting their challenge numbers in katakana so noobs don't know which challenge it is, and don't come in.

Elixer
Feb 19, 2003, 06:45 PM
sometimes cmode noobs really piss me off. like the other day i was doing c8 TA. and it was me 2 hucasts and a fomar well one of the hucast was a complete noob he had no idea where to go he died 3 times used all his mats up and would not shut up about the faces the jp players make. he just wouldnt pay attention and kept dieing i got really mad at him and told him to shutup but he laughed at me and kept screwing around

pixelate
Feb 19, 2003, 09:03 PM
I won't bite someone's head off for being new to C-Mode and not knowing the lingo, maps, or playing techniques. But I can't express how much it erks me whenever someone intentionally leaves a game because they can't handle it. Run away whenever shit gets tough? Great way to live a life...ugh.

lethal
Feb 21, 2003, 02:54 AM
how diffrent are the c-mode stages on GC (and xbox), compared to dreamcast?

im afraid of having the same problems i had on DC, which were the people who WOULD NOT LISTEN, when i knew where i was going and they didnt.

CajunSamurai
Feb 21, 2003, 06:39 AM
On 2003-02-19 18:03, pixelate wrote:
I won't bite someone's head off for being new to C-Mode and not knowing the lingo, maps, or playing techniques. But I can't express how much it erks me whenever someone intentionally leaves a game because they can't handle it. Run away whenever shit gets tough? Great way to live a life...ugh.

I LOVE that. I also love it when someone bails because "TEH TIME IS TEH SUX!!1" Jeez, at least pretend like you're lagging or something if you're gonna bail on us.

Sunaj
Feb 21, 2003, 07:43 AM
*growl* Happened again last night. I should know better than to try C mode in Vega though, i really should...

Eum
Feb 21, 2003, 03:09 PM
Yes, and PSO is most definitely an accurate representation of how people handle themselves out in the real world.

Beyond that, I've left C-Mode games before. I don't feel an ounce of shame for it, either. Most of my motivation lies in the fact that I don't find enjoyment in playing a game where people are generally rude and self-absorbed.

Axispoint
Feb 21, 2003, 03:11 PM
Well, I've only played C1 off-line w/another person (I was using my HUcast and he was playing as my FOmar). I thought it was fun, but we really needed another player at least (some sort of Ranger). Anyway, for what part of C1 we played (we got to the second area of the level and he got killed a second time by a Hildebear and it was all over), it was fun. I wouldn't mind, if I ever did get online (which is doubtfull), seeing if someone wouldn't mind a new player playing w/'em, I wouldn't mind playing more of it. I don't really understand why people don't listen to people who do know what they're doing (I actually had no idea on the boxes...you don't go for those during time attack I take it?). Having someone around that has played it lots before would be a great for me. Why not listen to the player because when they're telling you to do something, they're essentially telling you how to play the mode.

And btw: are people really that new to a game that they use a monomate after one hit? o_0 I'm not even that retarded (actually with a HUcast I can generally attack enemies and not get hit...even Hildebears...not that hard...). I guess maybe have peeps try to tell them they won't die after two hits? lol.

I do know that if I ever did get online, I'm not going to try TA until I know the maps better. I'd just rather learn in a non-TA game. Even tho I don't think I'd be that much of a burden, I'd still rather just learn the maps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Vantamiath
Feb 21, 2003, 07:15 PM
On 2003-02-21 12:09, Eum wrote:

Beyond that, I've left C-Mode games before. I don't feel an ounce of shame for it, either. Most of my motivation lies in the fact that I don't find enjoyment in playing a game where people are generally rude and self-absorbed.

In a sense, you're just like them.

Eum
Feb 21, 2003, 09:36 PM
In what sense? Yes, you're right. I should take abuse from over-the-top C-Mode enthusiasts to enjoy all that is PSO.

Spare me.

Vantamiath
Feb 22, 2003, 03:30 AM
In the sense that you're pissing them off just as much as they're pissing you off.

But whatever floats your boat.

Eum
Feb 22, 2003, 11:34 AM
No. My intentions aren't to piss anyone off. I'm looking at it like this: If you dislike me, I won't play with you. It's a favor of sorts.

And it wouldn't surprise me if you were one of those egotistical morons who swell A6 with flaunted experience, which most of the time is so horribly inaccurate.

neko-chan
Feb 22, 2003, 02:11 PM
On 2003-02-10 18:32, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
all American

Yep. That's the problem. ^_^

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 22, 2003, 02:23 PM
I haven't lost with a team with 2 n00bs yet, not counting if someone gets disconnected :3 It kinda makes it more of a ... challenge X3.
*Drops all dolls and mates for the n00bs*

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 25, 2003, 09:46 PM
Ack, I got a real bad cmode n00b HUmar. He used all his mates in the first area of stage 5. When he had no dolls and no mates, he didn't run back to the previous room. Cool! It also took three rooms for him to realize he needed to drop fluids for the FOrce, after being bombarded with "XXX, you will put down a monofluid" word selects.

goaliedude10
Feb 26, 2003, 10:18 PM
I completely agree with Nidarrock.

GandorDurin
Feb 27, 2003, 03:50 AM
Challenge mode is too easy.
It should really be called Learning mode, because if anyone can't beat it and get S-Rank, they need to learn some more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

So much bickering about the most fun part of the game, despite how easy it is! (Still, the regular game is easier.)

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 27, 2003, 04:14 AM
Bad is having your C-mode TA run end in the first room cause some idiot died after burning all his mates and scapedolls. . .