PDA

View Full Version : Rumble Superman/Doomsday

Outrider
Feb 16, 2009, 10:20 AM
So, I tossed the Superman/Doomsday animated film onto my Netflix queue a while back, and I was bored this morning so I decided to put it on while surfing the web.

For some reason they gave Superman extra jowels for no real reason.

Also, Superman and Lois Lane have a weird relationship. We see that they're sleeping together, but SUPERMAN HASN'T TOLD LOIS HIS REAL NAME YET. I dunno, I'm sure something like this happened in the comics, but it seems like kind of a dick move to me.

But that's okay, because while Supes is fighting with Doomsday to the death, Lois only seems to care about getting the news story and doesn't seem concerned at all aboutu Superman's well-being until he dies.

Okay, and what's up with Mercy - for some reason she doesn't have a nose (maybe the lines for her nose were given to Superman to use for his jowels?), but after she covers up a Lexcorp job, Luthor just shoots her in the face and kills her. I mean, I don't see why Luthor would do that or how he would do that - she's kind of his partner in crime and, oh right, SHE'S AN AMAZON. A bullet to the face probably shouldn't be enough.

Ok, nevermind, the movie redeems itself - Superman beat up a mechanical spider and it cuts to the onlookers. There's a cartoon Kevin Smith who says, "Like we really needed him to fight a giant mechanical spider, am I right?" (A reference to Superman Lives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_Lives#Superman_Lives))

Yeah, sorry, I'm just bored.

Shadowpawn
Feb 16, 2009, 01:20 PM
I remember Kevin Smith talking about Superman Lives from his first Q&A session.