PDA

View Full Version : best psu platform?

Rubyelt
Feb 16, 2009, 02:41 PM
Just wondering, whats the best console to play this game?

_Vyser_
Feb 16, 2009, 02:41 PM
PC hands down.

Alnet
Feb 16, 2009, 02:58 PM
PC.

Variable settings, no robot memory leak, and so on.

Virulent Tiger
Feb 16, 2009, 03:04 PM
Honestly, I've got the game for PC and 360. I'd have to say PC, but I think It's ridiculous that 360 and PC users cannot play together. PC and Ps2 can, I wonder who's got the largest pool of players.

I think I had an easier time with controls on the PC.

Chris28
Feb 16, 2009, 03:18 PM
the expansion needs to be made for the PS3

chaoskila
Feb 16, 2009, 03:18 PM
pc is fun but if you computer is garbage dont even try psu
just get an xbox and play psu there

darkante
Feb 16, 2009, 03:22 PM
PC easiely

CelestialBlade
Feb 16, 2009, 03:24 PM
PC, though obviously it depends on your machine. I'd put 360 at a close second, you just don't get the customizeability (though you do get a larger? server population and all the demo advantages from XBL).

necman
Feb 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
I will give you better info on what is better. Not so much info on the machine but insite to your needs. If you have no desire to learn how to optimize a pc then pick the 360. If you do not learn to optimize your pc your gaming will require rediculous amounts of money in the future. Also pc gaming will come to an end soon enough as it has too many leaches trying to suck it's patrons dry by not supporting anything well or for very long. The 360 is no better tomorrow then it is today but you just have to put a disc in. If your tight for cash go ps2. It really is a poor machine for online gaming but it's real cheap and affordable. This is all the info I can give you. The rest is up to you to decide.

ChronoTrigga
Feb 16, 2009, 03:44 PM
It should have been PC onry to begin with. With a downloadable client.

_Vyser_
Feb 16, 2009, 03:49 PM
It should have been PC onry to begin with. With a downloadable client.

^this. PC games are almost always better than the console versions because you can mod most of them (ValvE anyone?).

Ithildin
Feb 16, 2009, 04:11 PM
This isn't locked yet? O.O Agreed tho, PC is by far the best in terms of gameplay. However, when we get on to the subject of population see how many ppl change their minds.

stukasa
Feb 16, 2009, 04:12 PM
I like PC because:
+Able to change settings like resolution and graphics
+Less laggy (if you have a decent computer)
+Can take screenshots whenever you want <3

360 has a larger population if you care about that. Otherwise, I say go with PC!

DarkEliteRico
Feb 16, 2009, 04:14 PM
PC for sure, and this is coming from an xbox user myself.

Majarra
Feb 16, 2009, 10:19 PM
In reality PC. But i love the 360s population, better market, and XBL parties. And its more simple. Just put the disc in dont have to worry bout not having the right settings or whatever. Cant forget that theres less errors and a GL is easier and much more reliable and automatic. But then it has its bad sides. [only one i can think of is the robot problem but lately ive been doing multiple GoF runs and had no lag. i also dont notice that theres more asses here.]

jShazBot
Feb 16, 2009, 10:53 PM
In terms of population, Xbox 360 would be the best. That is IF you prefer a population that is more than 100 players.
Though, not taking population issues into consideration, all the versions are kinda equal in certain advantages and disadvantages. PS2 is affordable and you don't have to worry about your PC being compatible or anything, though load times are slower and PSU probably looks the ugliest on PS2. The Xbox 360 version is great because the game looks beautiful running on that console and the game, like all 360 games, let's you be on Xbox Live while your playing it. I have all 3 versions of PSU AoI and I have to say that I have encountered connection lag on the 360 version that has been far worse than any lag I have ever gotten on the PC and PS2 versions (could be the large population or something. I dunno) Now for the PC version, I can only pretty much say what everyone else has. It depends on your PC if you're like me and your not that computer savvy with Graphics card and compatibility or any of that stuff I would stick with one of the console versions, preferably 360. The PC version can range from; running slower and look if not as ugly even uglier than the PS2 version TO looking far better and running faster than the 360 version. It all depends.
I used to play PSU AoI on PS2/PC but I quit around August. I recently started playing on the 360 version and so far I am much more satisfied with this version than I have ever been on PS2/PC since the game first came out.

SEGA seriously needs to make a PS3 version of PSU and discontinue the PS2 version all together. We all know that the PS2 is holding the game back when it comes to the technicalities.
Then again, if they stopped making it for PS2, the poor PS2/PC server would probably lose like half of it's players.

DesuJet
Feb 17, 2009, 04:51 AM
Either all you guys are dumb or the topic creator made a mistake. He said best console, and there's only two of them xD

Weeaboolits
Feb 17, 2009, 07:44 AM
Definitely PC, PS2 runs like shit, I only played the 360 demo, but the slowdown on that was unreasonable for a console that powerful, voice chat was nice though.

Seira7
Feb 17, 2009, 11:25 AM
I was going to say 360, and make all sorts of wonderful arguements for it, but I got my 3rd RROD this morning. 1 week away from SO4, sob. And the other poster is correct - PC is not a console. Also, some may think the PC is the ultimate gaming machine, but others play console only. I personally cant enjoy a game hunched over a keyboard and squinting at a monitor, moving a mouse about.

Too bad theres not a next gen PSU for ps3, Ive had mine quite a long time with zilch problems (not to mention I play it relentlessly, and watch blu-rays on it) Lol, I guess my response is more of a rant =( But I s'pose if your PC is a nice rig, I would go with PC. (i personally would pick up the japanese version if I played PC though)

amtalx
Feb 17, 2009, 11:55 AM
1. Xbox 360.
2. PS3.
3. PS2.

Midicronica
Feb 17, 2009, 11:59 AM
1. Xbox 360.
2. PS3.
3. PS2.

This man has the right idea. PC is not a console.

joefro
Feb 17, 2009, 12:06 PM
1. Xbox 360.
2. PS3 (If it has backwards compatibility).
3. PS2.
Fixed.

Sorry, I had to.

Calsetes
Feb 17, 2009, 12:07 PM
Ok then, PS3 running Linux running a Windows emulator running a Linux emulator running a Windows emulator running PSU.

Nah, but seriously, if it's literally only consoles and not taking PC into account, then 360 for both graphics and community, then PS3/2 for reliability of console (I'm on my third 360 and third PS2, but I've had the PS2 longer than the 360, so that gets a boost over the top, and had no problems with my PS3, so that's a bonus).

If you had a PC though and were taking that into account, then get it for that. Then you can play with a really nice guy like me! Oh, and the whole "tweaking settings and having psupedia at your fingertips" is also a nice thing. Oh, and widescreen support.

Edit: Yeah, make sure you got an older PS3 though, they kept "streamlining" production and removed compatability out of most of the models out there nowadays (so happy I got a first batch one!).

Yunfa
Feb 17, 2009, 12:08 PM
Either all you guys are dumb or the topic creator made a mistake. He said best console, and there's only two of them

It's funny how people on the PC side jumped the gun before carefully reading OP's message.

But...the OP's question can't be properly answered since there are more active members of this site from the PC side.

Ayatana
Feb 17, 2009, 12:25 PM
people say pc but i lke the xbox360 b/c i don't have to type all the time and i could play in bed too

Rubyelt
Feb 17, 2009, 12:45 PM
Ok guys that's all ty and for those that goes way too serious on words that i used sorry for referring to the pc as a console. definitely will buy pc version. Thank you all very pleased with answers and explanations.

Calsetes
Feb 17, 2009, 01:09 PM
Cool, feel free to ask me for help if you see me on - just look at my "About Me" page for my characters' names and such. I'm always looking to level up random things - low level alts, buffs and debuffs, etc.

Dhylec
Feb 17, 2009, 01:48 PM
Ok, OP has decided - this topic is now closed, since people find the smallest thing to fight over.