PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous, Catilium is 600k each

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 16, 2009, 02:43 PM
Hiya all,

I'm guessing others might be feeling annoyed too, the price of Catilium is 600k each. Its beyond ridiculous.

So..I check on here and it says a few S2 runs is where it can be found. I know this not to be true as my main character, long before she was at the level cap for PSU or AOTI S2 runs had found Catilium, problem being I can't remember where.

Please can anyone help add me out with Catilium drop locations as I know for a fact its not just S2 runs.

Thanks,

Tifa

_Vyser_
Feb 16, 2009, 02:46 PM
Bruce's Dungeon and Bladed Legacy come to mind.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 16, 2009, 02:48 PM
Would that be S runs Vyser?

WhiteKnight01
Feb 16, 2009, 02:49 PM
if you want to farm it the best mssion is prob Bladed Legacy on moatoob its in alot of boxes there

Namine
Feb 16, 2009, 02:56 PM
S2 runs are best, one update said box drops for missions with 125+ enemies are usually better.

Libram
Feb 16, 2009, 03:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/13/1438/catilium/

Add to that

Bladed Legacy

By the by, that page needs to be updated.

CelestialBlade
Feb 16, 2009, 03:05 PM
They used to be over 1 million apiece, so they've actually kinda come down.

The non-combat way of farming Catilium is to run Holy Grounds S2 until you get to a particular set of boxes in all Block 1 variants (that always drop Soldonium, Stelnium, or Catilium). I made quite a bit of money doing this back in the day.

Gen2000
Feb 16, 2009, 03:15 PM
Bladed Legacy S2 is the absolute best at the moment.

chaoskila
Feb 16, 2009, 03:17 PM
bladed legacy.
you dont even have to go through the whole mission

darkante
Feb 16, 2009, 03:26 PM
Ridicolous? What, for some reason my 600 k still gets sold.
Canīt say that i complain. Either way, if it doesnīt get sold i donīt really care..there are alot of use for them. Win win? Lol

They are easy to farm if you know where to look at.

ashley50
Feb 16, 2009, 03:47 PM
what's ridiculous is the people who actually buy them...

BIGGIEstyle
Feb 16, 2009, 03:53 PM
The reason they stay so damned high is because certain unnamed player who stole the second half of their moniker from FF9's lead villain keep buying all the catilium that's cheaper and putting it up in her shop for more.

If you put your mind to it you can get enough catilium that you won't need to buy any anytime soon just by hutning it yourself. Two days at bladed legacy on 3* luck netted me a stack of catilium.

CelestialBlade
Feb 16, 2009, 03:56 PM
The reason they stay so damned high is because certain unnamed player who stole the second half of their moniker from FF9's lead villain keep buying all the catilium that's cheaper and putting it up in her shop for more.

If you put your mind to it you can get enough catilium that you won't need to buy any anytime soon just by hutning it yourself. Two days at bladed legacy on 3* luck netted me a stack of catilium.
There's so many people that just don't realize how easy it is to farm materials on your own, which is why people still profit off them. If more people realized how easy it was I'm sure you'd see prices drop because nobody would have the lack of sense to buy this stuff for 600k each. But I'm guilty as anyone at profiting off people like that ^^;

Proto07
Feb 16, 2009, 04:03 PM

No, the real reason is the mugunruk board.

PepperCat
Feb 16, 2009, 04:34 PM
what's ridiculous is the people who actually buy them...

This... and the people that complain about the prices who are too lazy to easily solo hunt them.

autumn
Feb 16, 2009, 07:08 PM
Agreed. Catilium is really pretty easy to farm for.

Gen2000
Feb 16, 2009, 07:26 PM
No, the real reason is the mugunruk board.

No, Biggie is correct for the most part on the PC/PS2 side. While it's true there are still a few ignorant/impatience people who buy Catilium for 300k+, nearly 90% of it is bought up by one single person. If you ever sold Catilium before it's easy to see as the same person will most likely be in your "View Most Recent Visitor" log.

Jainsea
Feb 16, 2009, 08:11 PM
Yea sadly people buying catilium are the ones that have tons of it to just turn around and sell it higher then you.
I once too thought "Catilium is so HARD to get" but once Bladed Legacy came out I found more pieces there in 1 day then I had in
months.Like someone already stated you don't even need to do the
whole mission. Just look for the Map spawn that starts with the T intersection, take a right and you just have to fight 3 enemies,
get the 3 boxes that are now accessible and repeat! I once found 3 pieces in all boxes I was like WOOT! I'm sure everyone
that already posted knows about this but just wanted to add my 2 cents :p
I do this on S2 and once i get the map it takes me 2 minutes to get to boxes. I know I'm slow ^^;

bah, my text is all screwy D: i blame Bruce!

Para
Feb 16, 2009, 08:22 PM
What's ridiculous is who is inflating them.

Lady Kuja
Feb 16, 2009, 09:38 PM
Catilium come and go all the time. What's the big deal?
You can hunt them easily enough, and then sell them to me for a quick 600k.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 16, 2009, 10:06 PM
Hmmm hey lady kuja
Are u by any chance the same lady kuja i heard bout on the PC/PS2 that in way owns everything (or something like that)

Lady Kuja
Feb 16, 2009, 10:16 PM
Hmmm hey lady kuja
Are u by any chance the same lady kuja i heard bout on the PC/PS2 that in way owns everything (or something like that)
I'm on my way to having 3168 Catilium. 391 to go. :-P

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 16, 2009, 10:20 PM
I'm on my way to having 3168 Catilium. 429 to go. :-P

GASP :o

WhiteKnight01
Feb 16, 2009, 11:23 PM
why 3168 may i ask am i missing something here lol

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 16, 2009, 11:42 PM
agate relics on neudaiz and dual sentinel people forgot about those 1s

Lady Kuja
Feb 16, 2009, 11:42 PM
why 3168 may i ask am i missing something here lol
3168/99=32 stacks/full store.

darkante
Feb 16, 2009, 11:45 PM

Yeah, i think you are my best customer. Haha, barely got time to set them up and then voila they are gone. XO

Kazemi
Feb 16, 2009, 11:58 PM
catilium drops in many places (http://www.amesani.org/psu/db/item/data.php?item=703009). the higher the enemy level the better chance you tend to have at finding it though. every box in bladed legacy has a chance to drop it so its arguably the best place. tunnel recapture is also a good place as all of the clear boxes have a chance to drop it, if you want something easier.

Gen2000
Feb 17, 2009, 12:03 AM
agate relics on neudaiz and dual sentinel people forgot about those 1s

No one forgot, they're just worthless compared to Bladed Legacy.

darkante
Feb 17, 2009, 12:08 AM
catilium drops in many places (http://www.amesani.org/psu/db/item/data.php?item=703009). the higher the enemy level the better chance you tend to have at finding it though. every box in bladed legacy has a chance to drop it so its arguably the best place. tunnel recapture is also a good place as all of the clear boxes have a chance to drop it, if you want something easier.

Also, who says you need to do every map variation either on Bladed Legacy?
Bead Groodes can be a pain, and consume a bit of time unless you can use Virus traps on them and run about. So if you canīt take them out fast, i would just restart the mission. ;3

For my case, iīm doing it mostly because the massive lag of the rocket impact i end up using some Scape dolls if i ainīt got some Virus traps.

Usually, it makes up the time lost if you had sticked around.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 17, 2009, 08:33 AM
lol you a all complaining now but wait untill the buti/mugunburga drops, I cant wait for the crying then.
There is 1 answer to all this............ stop being so lazy and get some yourself, if you all done that then the prices would go down.

rayner
Feb 17, 2009, 08:51 AM
Bladed Legacy S2... get the opening map with the Fork at the beginning. Take the right path, defeat 3 emenies and have a chance for 3 Catilium. Abandon and repeat...

The reason they are so high is because of what has already been mentioned, there are ALOT of people with massive meseta inflating the price. For those that need 4 Catilium you can easily do the above for 15 - 30 minutes and get 4 - 6 Catilium with 2* luck or above.

darthplagis
Feb 17, 2009, 09:46 AM
ok ill let u in on a little secret.

moatoob......... glengare mines.......... tunnel recapture........ run past S2 monsters, smash boxes, get catillium be happy as a pig in you know what. rinse and repeat

Calsetes
Feb 17, 2009, 10:21 AM
I might have to get some just to sell it and make me some money, I kinda need it after buying some equipment for acrofighter and possibly for buying the last 2 drills I need for some Knuckles.

Zael
Feb 17, 2009, 12:23 PM
Oh hey that shop's gone.

darkante
Feb 17, 2009, 03:08 PM
Oh hey that shop's gone.

Lady Kuja probably locked his/her room now, actually warned me on hackers about.
Seems like she/he got stolen of some of the Catilium collection. =S
So for safety caution, my shop will be closed a while.

This really blows.

God_Shiden
Feb 17, 2009, 03:11 PM
up to 625k+ now.....

Darius_Drake
Feb 17, 2009, 03:13 PM
Lady Kuja probably locked his/her room now, actually warned me on hackers about.

This really blows.

Which server are you on. I need to know if I need to close my shop as well.

fay
Feb 17, 2009, 03:15 PM
im pretty sure its ps2 / pc

i dont see how it just happened there. if it happened to her/him then personally it seems fishy enough to be that someone tried hacking for that specific person :/

darkante
Feb 17, 2009, 03:16 PM
Which server are you on. I need to know if I need to close my shop as well.

PS2/PC. Might be a good idea as a gun wonīt cut it for those pesky beasts.

Calsetes
Feb 17, 2009, 03:16 PM
Wow, that really sucks.

Well, if I notice a metric button of my shop stuff missing, hopefully Sega can help me out if I put a claim in. Can't very well be expected to always guard against hackers and stuff.

Anyone know what Sega's stance is on something like this happening (like a real stance, not one of these "Oh lol segacs so dum tehy do nuthin omghax0rz" things)?

Darius_Drake
Feb 17, 2009, 03:23 PM
I don't understand the point of hacking into a game like this. What joy can you get from making other people frustrated and paranoid. I wish ST could see who was doing the hacking so they could put a permanent ban on them. That way you would only be left with legit players.

darkante
Feb 17, 2009, 03:27 PM
I don't understand the point of hacking into a game like this. What joy can you get from making other people frustrated and paranoid. I wish ST could see who was doing the hacking so they could put a permanent ban on them. That way you would only be left with legit players.

Bored, they love tormenting people and make life hell for others. If they canīt do IRL, they do it in the virtual world. Sadists more easiely said.

Calsetes
Feb 17, 2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I've seen that trend in people who are online douchebags, or "ODBs", as I call them. Just like the guy from the Warcraft episode of South Park.

Zael
Feb 17, 2009, 04:02 PM

This really blows.
Are you guys even sure it's hackers? AFAIK room hacking was patched long ago, and this hasn't been a problem since new years 2008.

Lady Kuja
Feb 17, 2009, 05:26 PM
Are you guys even sure it's hackers? AFAIK room hacking was patched long ago, and this hasn't been a problem since new years 2008.
It was something like that, probably. Some sort of simple game-altering program.
Some people wouldn't technically call it "hacking".
I caught it going on, and prevented most of my Catilium from being stolen.

Dragwind
Feb 17, 2009, 06:36 PM
If you truly think there is another room hacking problem, don't instigate about it here. Report it directly to http://help.sega.com/

Lady Kuja
Feb 17, 2009, 06:40 PM
If you truly think there is another room hacking problem, don't instigate about it here. Report it directly to http://help.sega.com/
Did that already, of course.

WsntHere
Feb 17, 2009, 08:23 PM
Anyone who believes cheat engines can actually be stopped by Game Guard is living in a dream world. Sega knew that at launch, but went ahead with it anyway.

Exploited
Feb 17, 2009, 09:29 PM
I think only 1 person got hit over this. I dont see other people saying they got hacked nor is it mentioned in the official forum.

Hackers have always been around in this game but been keeping low key. Maybe some drama was caused and one of the Sleepers came out to hack against someone.

lol, 10 Million for Catilium? Im gonna list some cheap in few minutes. I knew this Catilium war would never last.

Shou
Feb 17, 2009, 09:43 PM
Its so wierd why catilium costs so much on our servers. On the 360 servers they cost 200k >_>

And no not every item cost half as much on the 360 than on the PC

Relic edges are more expensive on 360, armas line boards sell for 70mil just for a couple of examples

Za Warudo
Feb 17, 2009, 10:43 PM
Haha, Kuja got hacked? Wow, I guess it's true when they say what goes around comes around. It seems PSU has it's own version of Zero (Code Geass).

Arika
Feb 18, 2009, 08:53 AM
Not really get it when you refer this to Zero of the Code Geass, what is his action that you refer to?

Calsetes
Feb 18, 2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe a better reference would be the Mataichi Gang from Requiem from the Darkness? I never really saw too much of Code Geass (other than a small portion of the first episode at an anime convention that I couldn't read because EVERYONE HAD TO WALK IN FRONT OF ME NO MATTER WHERE I MOVED, figgin' rude jerks...).

Anywho, I don't follow "Soap Opera Universe," what's so horrible about Kuja to have her be hacked? I played with her once and she seemed pretty cool...

Libram
Feb 18, 2009, 10:10 AM
Kuja is a pretty cool player, but I don't quite enjoy the market fixing s/he is using. That's why I won't let Kuja in my room.

acier287
Feb 18, 2009, 10:43 AM
Kuja. Next time think before you piss someone off. If your filthy rich fine but dont go and do what you did. I called you getting hacked weeks ago. Glad to kno i was right

darkante
Feb 18, 2009, 11:10 AM
All this hate on Kuja? Guess iīm missing something here...
Buying customers is always welcomed by me regardless from whom. :S

Calsetes
Feb 18, 2009, 11:19 AM
Wow.

I mean, it's just a game, right? Why would someone risk violating the ToS and "seek revenge" on someone over a little price gouging? I don't support it, but to each his own. I mean, grinder base S prices went in the toilet after GBR and this event didn't help their prices out, and as such I lost my primary means of income. I certainly won't hack (or glitch, or trick, or whatever else you want to call it) anyone's account over something like that.

And acier, I'd be careful saying stuff like that - you never know if a mod read it and might misinterpret what you said as a warning and marks you as the guy who did it. Not trying to start a fight, I'm just giving a recommendation from someone who doesn't want to see a random guy get punished for something he (probably) didn't do.

Regardless, that's my two cents on the whole thing.

ErtaiClou
Feb 18, 2009, 12:16 PM
Normally they are much cheaper, around 400. But because of event boards the people that stockpile and sell during those peroids of high demand cash out. There's nothing wrong with it, it's perfectly legit. At least that 600k person did set a bar so was kind of him. The only thing to watch is for (person cannot be named on this board) for market control.

Calsetes
Feb 18, 2009, 12:24 PM
Well, in the event that I decide to go and harvest them, I plan on selling them for like 500k (I like nice, round numbers). That way if people wanna buy mine and resell for a higher price, they can. If they wanna buy them and use them, they can. Either way, as someone else pointed out on the board, as long as they're buying from me (and my stipulation is at a price I feel like selling them at), then I don't really care. After all, I don't think my Donoph's Soul is going anywhere at 5 million (at least, not until we get the Arms Trader mission where you trade it in, then they might start moving). I got two more in storage though, for my two different DB's sabers, so I'm set either way.

darkante
Feb 18, 2009, 12:47 PM
Normally they are much cheaper, around 400. But because of event boards the people that stockpile and sell during those peroids of high demand cash out. There's nothing wrong with it, it's perfectly legit. At least that 600k person did set a bar so was kind of him. The only thing to watch is for (person cannot be named on this board) for market control.

I for one only did this Catilium buiznis until just recently, because...
The last week is bound to crave a need for Catilium so it just made more sense to harvest some and selling it high.
I feelt that Mechgun really craved for more action as well, hate to have neglected that thing, but with the payout (unexpected really) i just went a bought the original 13 * type, biggest reason for this at all.

I wonīt budge my prize as i said earlier, i canīt lose either way.
Catilium is great for about everything.

Also, it really feels great to finally breaked through my money save of record on 50 mill.
Might be small potatoes for some, but for me itīs a sweet feeling. :D

Calsetes
Feb 18, 2009, 01:04 PM
50 million is small potatoes? Geez, I felt so proud when I broke 15 mil during GBR.....

I really need to be on some sort of "PSU Welfare"...

Exploited
Feb 18, 2009, 01:23 PM
I'll kinda miss Lady Kuja, I made close to 400 Million or more off her

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 18, 2009, 01:24 PM
lol hacking never happens on the ps2/pc servers anymore and everyone is a good person and 360 players are annoying...... you guys really have to look at yourselves when you celebrate a fellow player getting hacked.
No wonder no one wants to play on your server when things like this happen, a few of you are enjoying the fact that some script kiddies have got around the games security and really you should be worried the next person could be you.
I am not saying everyone on your server is bad but because someone likes to play the game in a different way it DOES NOT justify it at all, and the people who think its funny should grow up.

Calsetes
Feb 18, 2009, 01:39 PM
"But its so funy d00d omgz0rZ lulz"

I'm in the same boat as you White, people might annoy you but you just ignore them then, maybe blacklist them (don't think they can enter your room then after they've been listed) but certainly nothing calls for hacking-related attacks. All this about money though makes me think someone's got a case of peniaphobia (sorry, looking at phobialist.com for too long...).

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 18, 2009, 06:34 PM
They're only 200-300k on the 360... time to come on over. :p

AC9breaker
Feb 19, 2009, 12:42 AM
The answer is simple people need to run Dark Satellite more.

Arika
Feb 19, 2009, 02:44 AM
I'll kinda miss Lady Kuja, I made close to 400 Million or more off her

o,o really?