PDA

View Full Version : Gurhal's Next Top Model De Human is... Mimosa!

Mysterious-G
Feb 17, 2009, 07:50 AM
Welcome to the next round of Gurhal's Next Top Model !
5 female competitors of a long forgotten race fight for the title of Gurhal's Next Top Model De Human !
Yes indeed, there are humen in this game!
Unlike the other races, humen can vary with their look the way they want without being called a 'fake'. And indeed, all 5 competitors look completely different!
Vote for whom you like the most, but keep in mind that you can only vote once, and only for one person!
May the race begin!
[spoiler-box]
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/110/polldehumankp3.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Informations about the upcoming poll Gurhals's Next Top Model De Newman :
[spoiler-box]The rules to participate are the following:

-Female only

-We will be selecting the competitors, however, you can show us pictures of your Newman in the PSU Fashion Thread (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498) and might be chosen to take part in the upcoming poll. As always we will also put in one competitor that is part of the Phasion Group itself.

-A working subscription is required, unless you are playing offline. The possibility to take screenshots also is required. You can either take them yourself or via a friend.

-PC/PS2 only, both US/EU and JP
[/spoiler-box]

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 17, 2009, 07:59 AM
Wow! My vote goes for Mimosa. She has made those clothes look good indeed!

Arika
Feb 17, 2009, 08:09 AM
Yay~,
go go humans!

my commend :
[SPOILER-BOX]
Srawberry : she is really good at designing the outfit to look like real life clothes, not looking so fantasy, and her tan skin really match with that clothes. (look like a real life girl who like to travel forest/mountain)

Panda : The only children competitor in this race, anybody who love loli, vote for her. she is cat-ear type mixture too!

Mimosa : wow, you are good at bringing out the cuteness from that outfit. I think it is also the pose that goes perfect with the cuteness.

Mitsuki : I think even though she has a bit Gothic feeling from her look, she is also very cute. what I see here is loli + gothic + cute.

Rhea : the most adult look of all competitor, she really look like an beatiful japanese style geisha who know how to take care of family than other.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

darkante
Feb 17, 2009, 08:29 AM
Strawberry isn´t afraid of getting a bit of sun on the skin. (less clothes covering, not actual lobby sun lol)
So she gets my vote.

Pandaling
Feb 17, 2009, 09:09 AM
vote for me~ <3

Calsetes
Feb 17, 2009, 09:41 AM
I voted for Strawberry - somehow she just appealed to me the most (and I usually go for less tanned women, go figure).

I'll have to post a picture of my newman in that thread, hopefully I get picked to compete next time though I doubt I'd win anyway).

Good luck to everyone in the running this time!

AuroraBlaze
Feb 17, 2009, 12:58 PM
How were these 5 "girls" selected?

CelestialBlade
Feb 17, 2009, 02:06 PM
Strawberry - I like the outfit and how the colors match with your hair and shades!
Panda - Cuuuuute! Everything about you is adorable ^_^
Mimo - I love the pose, and you make short hair look good.
Mitsuki - D'awww, I wanna hug you :3
Rhea - Very elegant! I love your hair too.

Overall, my vote goes to Panda!

Rust
Feb 17, 2009, 02:34 PM
I had hard time chosing between Strawberry, Mimosa and Mitsuki.
The three of them have great poses and clothes combos.

I guess Strawberry would be my kind of chick IRL among the three, and Mimo's hairstyle looks awesome (that's the one I was using for my newman on v.1) when mixed with that hair color, face and clothes (to sum it up, really interesting combo), but I ended up voting for Mitsuki, as I don't see that bottoms + shoes combo often (not to add I usually despise those shoes, but it looks good on her), and I'd actually like to give my vote to someone who used an hairstyle I'm prolly never gonna use myself on my female characters.

For the remaining two, matter of personal tastes again, but I didn't like them much. Rhea didn't strike me as either amazing or terribly bad (in other words, she looked too average to me), and Panda's clothes combo (mainly for the colors, since I'm currently using almost the same outfit for my beast) + cat ears, which I never liked on PSU, backed my vote off from her ; I actually might have voted for her with an outfit similar to the one she has in her sig.

Kylie
Feb 17, 2009, 02:38 PM
I'm going to vote for Strawberry. I think she has the best look overall, and her outfit is also the most original... Keep in mind that I can't stand the Storia top. :wacko: Best of luck to all the participants.

autumn
Feb 17, 2009, 04:22 PM
This is the first tough choice I've had since these started which is fantastic. Despite the long time in coming we've got some great choices for the humans! I'm really torn between Strawberry and Mimosa, both look great in what they are wearing (I typically don't care for those sunglasses or Mimosa's hair but wow guys). In the end my vote goes to Mimosa though. I have to find something to pin a vote with and I think her line shield works better with her outfit.

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 17, 2009, 04:33 PM
I voted for Mimo. There is nobody else like Mimo!

Mysterious-G
Feb 17, 2009, 04:52 PM
How were these 5 "girls" selected?

We select the competitors, however, you can show us pictures of your character in the PSU Fashion Thread (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498) and might be chosen to take part in the upcoming poll. We will also put in one competitor that is part of the Phasion Group itself for every poll.

There might be humen girls that look better in your opinion, but we pick the ones from people actually WANTING to be part of this poll, meaning from those that post an application for it. This whole poll is just for fun purpose after all, and why not choose those that are pleased to be part of it? :)
If we see people with looks we like, we ask them to post applications of course, but you cannot enforce anything.

SStrikerR
Feb 17, 2009, 04:58 PM
K... This isn't a joke... OMG peoples...

It's just for fun dude, chill. It's not like anyone here takes this seriously. (At least not THAT seriously)

Go troll somewhere else.

DreXxiN
Feb 17, 2009, 05:38 PM
Wow, they really are all mostly guys. xD.

Mitsuki got my vote, it just seems to flow together real well.

Rayokarna
Feb 17, 2009, 05:45 PM
Strawberry gets my vote...

Libram
Feb 17, 2009, 05:57 PM
vote for me~ <3

Yes, ma'am!

*salute*

Neith
Feb 17, 2009, 07:44 PM
To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of any of the choices (no offense intended, just not what I like when I see a character). If I had to vote for one, it'd be Strawberry, but I don't feel strongly enough to cast the vote yet.

unicorn
Feb 17, 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm not really a fan of humans (aesthetically).

Strawberry: Very cool-looking. I like that she actually has a tan.
Panda: Cute! Wasn't expecting that clothing combo.
Mimosa: Although my Beast has the same attire, she pulls off that cute look too. I like.
Mitsuki: Looks spunky. Very cute.
Rhea: The prettiest one here! Has an older-sister kinda look.

I voted for Strawberry though....

Arika
Feb 17, 2009, 10:04 PM
No, Drexx, just like Seority, most of candidate this time are real life female. Usually, most of candidate that got selected aren't anybody I know except one from my fashion group, but this time, 4 of 5 are my old friends.

Exploited
Feb 17, 2009, 10:06 PM
Rhea Rhea, Rhea!!

Mimo
Feb 18, 2009, 01:48 AM
well i happen to be a guest brought into the contest so i thought it would be neat to vote for someone else xD

comments on the two i thought were very interesting: :3

Strawberry- her overall appearance looks really kool, her hair color is really nice! but i think the blue on the shirt kills the lower half of the clothing combo :0

Mitsuki- i like the chubby cheeks :3 and the outfit is nicely put together, no armor is a nice touch adds more darkness to the outfit

really tough decision between the two but i really like mitsuki because of her color scheme and the shoes go very well with the bottom O:!!!

Ecchi
Feb 18, 2009, 01:51 AM
I was forced to vote for Rhea.........I hatechu <3

DreXxiN
Feb 18, 2009, 02:00 AM
No, Drexx, just like Seority, most of candidate this time are real life female. Usually, most of candidate that got selected aren't anybody I know except one from my fashion group, but this time, 4 of 5 are my old friends.

Seo's a female? NO WAI :)

And actually Rhea is a guy and I thought Strawberry was too. Them loli's with fruit as names always get me! =O

Airlia
Feb 18, 2009, 02:45 AM
I voted for my sister Mimo ^^ I've yet to see anyone in game like her and her choice of clothes look cute and somehow comfy to wear. Nice screenshot of her too!

eken
Feb 18, 2009, 10:59 AM
i voted for mimosa as well,

but girls girls girls,

you dont have to fight over me, we can have a harem???

ashley50
Feb 18, 2009, 11:00 AM
you wish...

ErtaiClou
Feb 18, 2009, 12:25 PM
The one actually decently dressed XD

ashley50
Feb 18, 2009, 02:48 PM
my vote goes to...

the one who made a good choice of clothing combinations. And actually looks great and has a cute face. Unique hair color too.

Katy
Feb 18, 2009, 03:56 PM
I voted for Rhealicious :D

As for Fresa (Strawberry) is naturally brown because, well she's hispanic like I am. She usually wears mostly black but this time a little more red was added than usual.

And probably most notable is that Strawbery isn't very girly so a male pose was used and no flowers were in the picture purposely show a little bit of her darker side. She's a little rotten but with a good cause :).

beatrixkiddo
Feb 18, 2009, 05:57 PM
Voting Strawberry even though HUne pants are ugly :(

And how does someone wearing a 1-pieace (rhea) get ANY votes? :/ It's a decent outfit but there's no creativity or matching involved...

Morganna
Feb 18, 2009, 06:12 PM
I voted for Mitsuki. And I think I'll use those clothes on my newman.

Arika
Feb 18, 2009, 08:58 PM
And how does someone wearing a 1-pieace (rhea) get ANY votes? :/ It's a decent outfit but there's no creativity or matching involved...

It has been said since the first poll, you just vote people who think look best alone, real life model doesn't even need to think of clothes herself..

Since some people care soo much about unique wearing, she will definitely lose some mark to them, but that is not written on the rule.

Tessu
Feb 18, 2009, 09:16 PM
Voting Panda 'cause I just think she looks really cute. So do the other girls, but there's something about Panda...

I think it's the face. She has the cutest face :3

Anduril
Feb 18, 2009, 09:39 PM
I voted Mimosa just because I have never seen that hair-do worn so nicely, and the outfit has a kind of simplicity and modesty that I like.

Sidney
Feb 18, 2009, 10:02 PM
It has been said since the first poll, you just vote people who think look best alone, real life model doesn't even need to think of clothes herself..

Actually, to mirror Arika's point, I was once model scouted at my old job at a Chinese Restaurant. I was wearing a white button down shirt with a tie, beat up black work pants and sneakers. :lol: The scout was interested in my face and body, she didn't care about what I was wearing.

Not that it really matters, since it's a silly online competition, but I go for the face and overall composition, regardless of what they are wearing. :)

My vote went to Mimo, by the way!

unicorn
Feb 18, 2009, 11:04 PM

I think the emphasis is more on the actual character than their sense of style. Although theres nothing wrong with determining your vote on the clothes too.

--

I see where Sou is coming from. Face, bodytype, and bone structure are what really counts for models. Skin (makeup + photoshop can fix that in most cases) , eyes, fashion style, hair (always changable), etc are secondary.

Skye-Fox713
Feb 19, 2009, 01:26 AM
Strawberry has my vote, her choice of gear gives a very nice composition

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2009, 01:43 AM
I don't vote based solely on the outfit or the character, I vote based on how the outfit works with the particular character. I don't care if they're butch, loli, light, dark, or just plain normal, if you can make the character work then I give props for that.

I also look really heavily at facial layout. The possibilities there are endless.

DreXxiN
Feb 19, 2009, 05:15 AM
I don't vote based solely on the outfit or the character, I vote based on how the outfit works with the particular character. I don't care if they're butch, loli, light, dark, or just plain normal, if you can make the character work then I give props for that.

I also look really heavily at facial layout. The possibilities there are endless.

Until you see the face customization in PS3Home and then realize how limited the PSU customization options are :P.

stukasa
Feb 19, 2009, 11:58 AM
Oooh, tough choice! Like Kylie, I'm not a fan of the Storia top. After some consideration I narrowed it down to Strawberry and Mimosa, who I think have the best combination of style and outfit, but in the end I decided to vote for Strawberry. She has the same hairstyle as my character (minus the accessory) and I've always liked the Phanis top. But the real reason is that the red/black theme works really well with her character concept. Also, I never thought of combining the Phanis top with the HUnewearl shorts but it looks good! She probably should have used a Fire line shield instead of Dark, but that's a minor thing.

Until you see the face customization in PS3Home and then realize how limited the PSU customization options are :P.
And yet the PSU character faces look waaaaay better than the Home ones do (in my opinion, anyway). :p

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2009, 01:51 PM
Like Stu, I wasn't really big on the Home styles either. But that's just matter of opinion, both have very good customization options and it makes you wonder why more games don't.

Arika
Feb 20, 2009, 07:28 AM
agree, HOME can't make good looking newman.

SLKohaku
Feb 20, 2009, 06:06 PM
Mimosa's outfit matches well with those flowers in the background.. The contrast is beautiful. @_@

Going over some of the comments kinda made me giggle, but a very interesting read!
I'm really looking forward to next years contests as well.
(Maybe Sometime we could get all these competitors together for a group Screenshot?) =3

Now that I think about it, I can't wait until my outfits from PSP are added into PSU. When I saw all the clothes the first time I played (PSP) a few months ago, I literally bought them all. xD <3

Arika
Feb 20, 2009, 09:58 PM
(Maybe Sometime we could get all these competitors together for a group Screenshot?) =3

very nice idea, you guys could sort that out and then post pic at this thread ^^

Mysterious-G
Feb 22, 2009, 06:12 AM
Bump. o_o
The poll needs more votes. ^^

LeynasMoon
Feb 22, 2009, 09:15 AM
They are all very nice looking models, however Mitsuki gets my vote, she's adorable with her clothing color and hair style+color with her silky pale skin and round, cute face. :3
I also like Strawberry's look, she seems tough and determined and kind of like she would be the tsundere personality type.

Saligun
Feb 22, 2009, 09:59 AM
Their no easy choice,they all have a different look that gives each of them a great look,but i wonder why ARIKA not in this group of characters,she is so cute with her red hair plus perfect hair style and blue eyes plus a great outfit,I think she might not be in it because she would crush the other girl hand down.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 22, 2009, 11:59 AM
Their no easy choice,they all have a different look that gives each of them a great look,but i wonder why ARIKA not in this group of characters,she is so cute with her red hair plus perfect hair style and blue eyes plus a great outfit,I think she might not be in it because she would crush the other girl hand down.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Arika isn't a HUMAN. (on the US servers anyway~)

DEM_CIG
Feb 22, 2009, 12:05 PM
Starwberry got my vote, lol. Liked her outfit the best, pretty creative good job.

SLKohaku
Feb 23, 2009, 01:27 AM
The contest seems pretty evenly matched so far~ =3

Mysterious-G
Feb 23, 2009, 12:26 PM
Final bump (, maybec). :cheepcheep:

SLKohaku
Feb 23, 2009, 03:51 PM
If anyone does want to meet up for a photo or something, I'll be sitting around the Memoria on Caelum(Higher chance of running into people) :3

DreXxiN
Feb 23, 2009, 05:39 PM
The one I voted for is far from winning :(.

And well, of cousre HOME's face designs "suck", you can't make them look like cute anime characters. They look real. *GASP!*.

(Though admitedly, it's hard to make a NOT butt-ugly chick face)

Mysterious-G
Feb 24, 2009, 08:07 AM
That was a neat match, if I may say so!
With a total of 32 votes out of 108 Mimosa wins the poll and therefor is Gurhal's Next Top Model De Human from now on!
Congratulations! You advance to the finals!

And on another note the entering time for the next poll soon is over!
We want to select the competitors! So go for it and enter! :0

Thanks for your votes, everybody! :)

Arika
Feb 24, 2009, 08:31 AM
SLKohaku (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=58145), you could PM to them to ask those question, I think.

BIGGIEstyle
Feb 24, 2009, 09:02 AM
Grats to Mimosa ^_^

Now hopefully she'll go on to win our Competition with her Caseal ^_^

Gunslinger-08
Feb 24, 2009, 10:37 AM
@s02Congrats Mimosa!

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 24, 2009, 12:36 PM
*clap clap*s for you, Mimo. Enjoy your reign over the human race!

Mysterious-G
Feb 24, 2009, 12:38 PM
*clap clap*s for you, Mimo. Enjoy your reign over the human race!

The reign over 1% of the entire PSU population? Hell yeah.

Rust
Feb 24, 2009, 02:12 PM
Definately was a poll with interesting results, and we got spared from the usual loldrama.
Congratulations, Mimo, it was well deserved.

SLKohaku
Feb 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
The contest was certainly fun while it lasted. <3
Congrats, Mimosa. :3

beatrixkiddo
Feb 24, 2009, 06:43 PM
Where's the male fashion contests, Kyrlia!?

Gunslinger-08
Feb 24, 2009, 07:00 PM
The reign over 1% of the entire PSU population? Hell yeah.

Genetic originality ftw!

Mimo
Feb 24, 2009, 10:30 PM
awww guys, thanks! n_n it was a close match, i cant believe i actually won with my human loolz! yay!!! ty especially to the ones that voted for me! =D

Dhylec
Feb 24, 2009, 10:53 PM

Not a bad idea!

Arika
Feb 24, 2009, 11:06 PM
Dhylec, we know you have newman ;D~

Mysterious-G
Feb 25, 2009, 02:37 AM

I have no idea if you are really serious about this, but our lovely eventmaster Ari wanted to take care of that either way. ;)
(Since Ari loves seeing nude males.. :rolleyes:)
No, no, the truth is that I am kinda tied up with school and rl stuff, so Arika kindly offered me to take care of the male polls after I have finished the female ones. :)

Dhylec, we know you have newman ;D~

I asked and all, but he said that he is not into that kind of things, sadly. ;o

autumn
Feb 25, 2009, 03:13 AM
I want the male human poll ^_^

beatrixkiddo
Feb 25, 2009, 11:02 AM
I have no idea if you are really serious about this, but our lovely eventmaster Ari wanted to take care of that either way. ;)
(Since Ari loves seeing nude males.. :rolleyes:)
No, no, the truth is that I am kinda tied up with school and rl stuff, so Arika kindly offered me to take care of the male polls after I have finished the female ones. :)

I asked and all, but he said that he is not into that kind of things, sadly. ;o

Of course I'm serious ¬¬

All my chars are male ¬_¬

LeynasMoon
Feb 25, 2009, 07:01 PM
Congratulations to Mimosa!
I just has a random question, tho: Where's the plus sized models? We need more diversity, yes?

Mysterious-G
Feb 26, 2009, 04:51 AM
Congratulations to Mimosa!
I just has a random question, tho: Where's the plus sized models? We need more diversity, yes?

There are plus sized models? >_>;;

LeynasMoon
Feb 26, 2009, 10:02 AM
Does not seem like there were in the previous human female's competition.

Kylie
Feb 26, 2009, 03:17 PM
I think there should only be one male poll. I doubt there would be as much interest in the male polls as there has been in the female ones, which has been dropping as of late anyway, because there's just less attention on male fashion compared to female fashion, and that's not just on PSU. :-P I don't really care though. I just came in here to congratulate Mimosa. Congratulations!