PDA

View Full Version : PC While we wait....

Calsetes
Feb 18, 2009, 03:54 PM
Alright, so the servers won't let people in again, so I figure we'd play a little "what-if" game.

If and when they eventually take the PSU servers offline for good, what do you think would happen (aside from the usual crying, cheering, swearing, what-have-you) - would Sega do what they did with Blue Burst and say, "Here you guys go, have fun making your own private servers! We don't care WHAT you do with the game any more!"? Would they just take them offline, still against the use of private servers (assuming there are any at the time)? Will nobody care because there will be a new PS game that has online play?

Anyway, there you have it. Just curious as to what people think would happen, that's all.

Exploited
Feb 18, 2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe it's an emergency patch to stop that "so-called" hacker.

Cathbar
Feb 18, 2009, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't get the PSP version. (PSP's cost more than I can afford right now). And I'm inclined to say that they wouldn't hand us the stuff we need to make our own server, either.

More than likely, I'd just have to move onto something else.

Smidge204
Feb 18, 2009, 04:54 PM
I'd get on with my life. Ironically I'm not much of an RPG person, and only started PSU on behest of a trusted friend who said I'd like it. I admit I like it enough to keep playing it, but not so much that I'd be remorseful if it vanished. Of course, I'd make sure the billing stopped...

Private servers would be interesting, especially with the potential for custom content. I would probably go for that.
=Smidge=

autumn
Feb 18, 2009, 05:16 PM
I spent my time reading through stuff in the FKL :D
Also, guildlaunch has finally been kind enough to finish with its updates so I can go see what the rest of my clan is up to ^_-

Chris28
Feb 18, 2009, 05:20 PM
I just found more cactachairs!! Wahoo!!!

Voison
Feb 18, 2009, 05:21 PM
PC is down?

Ouch... :(

fayt6
Feb 18, 2009, 06:21 PM
drink coffee and think angry thoughts at sega and play some random games >.>

_Vyser_
Feb 18, 2009, 06:50 PM
Get on a private server and find a way to always have 6 R-mags equiped at once. On a serious note, I'll probably find some other low-key online game to latch onto until another online PS game comes out.

ashley50
Feb 18, 2009, 07:04 PM
play something else other than PSU...afterall, PSU isn't the ONLY online game out there :l

sovalou
Feb 18, 2009, 07:07 PM
lmao...an i wanted to take a break from SF4, oh well guess i'm back to playing it again. oh yea im on PS3, PsN name is sovalou an excepting all challengers.

eken
Feb 18, 2009, 07:13 PM
well me, it be a bit rough, id end up flying to sega and ask them to finish the story between ethan and karen, i started offline before online, and came on to find out more about ethan and karen. Then got hook online, so ill probally go back to playing offline story mode to fill the void.

Losing all the characters and that would suck, and offline isnt as fun chatting to friends and that, but at least could still get the fix of psu.

_Vyser_
Feb 18, 2009, 07:14 PM
ooo, you have a PS3 as well? My PSN name is Vyser14 :D

Addition: Yeah, loosing all our character data would indeed suck. I hope they have some logical plan for us to somehow get that data. Wouldn't surprise me if the JP servers got some final treatment like that, but I don't have much expectations of SoA.

ZyphNeko
Feb 18, 2009, 07:21 PM
I'd go "Hah hah..." Then have an epic spaz attack. Then go emo. Then deal with the rest of life.

Honestly, I'd be very sad if the PSU servers went down, and I'm pissed on the lack of potential and service that such a great game is getting. I'd agree with ashley50, but there's seriously no other online game that's actually as interesting and addicting as PSU. SRSLY. And yeah, offline isn't as much fun. And C'MON! I finally got a character to LV 100. I wouldn't want to lose that.

Meh. I won't get too spazzy about this, though the end does draw nearer each day...especially after when crap like what's going on at the moment is going on, which makes more potential players quit.

Blah... I'm hungry. I'll leave the rest of this thread to you folks. Bye~.

Neko~

DreXxiN
Feb 18, 2009, 07:22 PM
DREXX1N on PSN (Forgot the pass to my original account...)

Hit me up.

Rust
Feb 18, 2009, 07:30 PM
I finally got a character to LV 100.

I still can't believe you took longer than I did. :lol:

RubyEclipse
Feb 18, 2009, 07:31 PM
Authentication servers are fixed, you should be able to log back in normally. Thanks everyone!

ZyphNeko
Feb 18, 2009, 07:50 PM
I still can't believe you took longer than I did. :lol:

What can I say...I'm lazier than anyone else on PSU. ;<

Anywho, yay. Thanks, Rubeh~.

Neko~

_Vyser_
Feb 18, 2009, 08:04 PM
Sweet, servers are back up! Nice little chat everyone.