PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about switching to PC...

Caustic
Feb 18, 2009, 08:23 PM
...from the 360. I've been playing on the xbox since the game came out, but I built a new PC in october and I'm thinking about moving over to the PC (my computer will run it a lot smoother and I'm all about being able to customize). I just wanted to know what the population is like over there and if it is even worth it for me to make the switch. What do you guys think?

ZyphNeko
Feb 18, 2009, 08:39 PM
Well, the population is rather tiny compared to the 360. But one good big difference is that the smaller population is full of more decent people. Not everyone's the greatest here, but there's more better folks than you'll find on the 360 servers. I personally think PC PSU is the best choice. You get to even customize the game settings yourself instead of going along with whatever the game automaticly has, so then--on the 360, even though you move more smoothly, you also move so freakin' slow and just happily-go-luckily skip around in slow motion. On PC, you can change around the stuff so you can move more faster and still smooth 'nuff.

So yeah. If you do plan to make this switch, I hope I'll see you around enjoying yourself.

Neko~

Caustic
Feb 18, 2009, 08:45 PM
Just remember - There's no voice chat ;)

No option for that at all? That's interesting....at least I wouldn't have to listen to whiny 13 yr olds any more!

ZyphNeko
Feb 18, 2009, 08:46 PM

Blah. That too. Not that I mind too much. I'd rather type stuff than speak.

Neko~

burninglink5
Feb 18, 2009, 08:56 PM
If you're lucky, there will be one full star at peak hour. I wouldn't recommend it.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 18, 2009, 08:58 PM
This is going to get locked, I know it!

Anyway. If you have a decent PC, you might give it a try. The population is smaller but if you find a group of friends to do runs with, you don't really need a big population. Overall it just depends on if you have people to play with on PC, or if you're good at making friends. Of course if you like to solo, that won't make a difference. Also weigh in the fact that you'll have to re-obtain all your items and PA levels.

Caustic
Feb 18, 2009, 09:34 PM
This is going to get locked, I know it!

Anyway. If you have a decent PC, you might give it a try. The population is smaller but if you find a group of friends to do runs with, you don't really need a big population. Overall it just depends on if you have people to play with on PC, or if you're good at making friends. Of course if you like to solo, that won't make a difference. Also weigh in the fact that you'll have to re-obtain all your items and PA levels.
I honestly don't need a big population for PSU....I was just making sure it wasn't completely DEAD! My computer will blow away my xbox as far as performance goes, which is really why switching is so appealing to me right now. The slowdowns get kind of old after awhile (and it's not even a very demanding game!). Lock this if you will, but I'm not trying to start a flame war. just wanted some opinions ^^

beatrixkiddo
Feb 18, 2009, 09:39 PM
Well most topics like this don't go for long before someone says "The xxx servers hack! The xxx servers are full of xxx kind of people!" etc etc, and then someone else comes along who can't let it slide, so they shoot one back, etc D:

Anyway. Come to PC if you have a good computer, we can play in glorious widescreen high-res together :3

funnymatt
Feb 18, 2009, 09:43 PM
But one good big difference is that the smaller population is full of more decent people. Not everyone's the greatest here, but there's more better folks than you'll find on the 360 servers.
Neko~

I dispute your assertion.

Arika
Feb 18, 2009, 09:44 PM
Dont forget to try this when u come here.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151554

Zeek123
Feb 18, 2009, 09:50 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I prefer not to use mics whenever possible. Besides, we need as many people as we can possibly get. :p

Ryno
Feb 18, 2009, 09:52 PM
somtimes i do want to go on PC side because because majority of the phasion group is there.

Arika
Feb 18, 2009, 09:53 PM
No option for that at all? That's interesting....at least I wouldn't have to listen to whiny 13 yr olds any more!

Yes, there is option for that.
what I m using for voice is a program call vent, you can communicate with other people who are using the same program. The program also allow you to type the chat message and turn it into voice for other people to hear it when you are lazy to talk + they are prefer to hear.

ashley50
Feb 18, 2009, 09:58 PM
low population...crowded areas are usually the 'new' areas.

and yes Ventrillo is one of those options for voice chat.

Dhylec
Feb 18, 2009, 10:14 PM
If you have a good PC, remember to try out this too
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158494

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 19, 2009, 02:52 PM
It wasn't a bad population when I left; small but decent enough. If you got the PC for it, I can only say go for it.

_Vyser_
Feb 19, 2009, 10:05 PM
Cool, another PC player. Send me a PM (either in-game or on PSOW) and I'll help ya if I'm not busy.

Yunfa
Feb 19, 2009, 10:11 PM
I second that. I play on the 360 servers, and I take offense to that statement.

Also, many people of amazing character are on the 360 servers. I'm sure each community has it's goods and bads. -_-

EDIT: I'm not saying the 360 servers are better or worse. Just don't bash us based on the actions of the typical idiots.

I play both servers, and theres one obvious thing that I notice on the PC side.

"OH! 360???? GARRRRRBAGE, we have a smaller community, we're more friendly, etc etc"

I hear this crap 7 out of 10 people, lame.

As to OP, just subscribe for PC for a month and see if you like it, too many people on these forums such as "oh so cute Neko" are biased.

OH! Expect ALOT of "role playing" on the PS2 side, where you can't tell if that cute looking female character is really a guy but most likely is. I chuckle everytime I see those type of situations.

jShazBot
Feb 19, 2009, 11:57 PM
I've played PSU on PC/PS2 since it first came out. Taken some breaks in between 2 of them being about 5-6 month ones. First account got banned sometime during the summer and then I came back with a new account and that got banned around mid August, lol.
Leveling just wasn't fun to me anymore and I would just spend my spare time getting laughs by pissing everyone off. I knew the permabans would come sooner or later. >_>
Anywho, I made the switch to 360 quite recently and the game just seems so much more enjoyable now for me than it was for PS2/PC.
Even though a majority of 360's population isn't very "Sociable", the game feels a bit more alive now that you can actually see people walking by you when your strolling the cities. And the amount of "good" people you can find on 360 probably doubles that of PS2/PC's entire population.

_Vyser_
Feb 20, 2009, 12:12 AM
Ah, another server vs. server war...why isn't this locked yet?

DEM_CIG
Feb 20, 2009, 12:31 AM
I'm sure that both servers have there perks. There both equally good. It pretty much depends on what type of community u like, a more close knit one or one that is spread more out. I'm sure there are tons of amazing people on both severs. I play on the xbox and I have about 30 close friends that I can trust. I think the only reason y I would go 2 the of side is just to take pictures of my characters. ^_^

BIGGIEstyle
Feb 20, 2009, 12:48 AM

Lies.

Once you get over here look up the guillotine cross. We Voice chat all the time. It's not built into the game, but it's FAR from "not available"

autumn
Feb 20, 2009, 12:53 AM
Ya really >_> Voice chatting is completely possible if you have a PC. I don't know why some people consider voice chat a perk though, I wouldn't want to do it with anyone other then people I know, surely not in random parties.

Syanaide
Feb 20, 2009, 01:32 AM
Ya really >_> Voice chatting is completely possible if you have a PC. I don't know why some people consider voice chat a perk though, I wouldn't want to do it with anyone other then people I know, surely not in random parties.

Typing can be a nuisance or hassle, and people are far more "real" while on voice chat. None of that "lol XD" and shit to everything.

_Vyser_
Feb 20, 2009, 01:52 AM
The reason I like typing over mics is because I can't understand half the people I play with on games like CoD or L4D. Either they have a heavy accent, or their mic isn't very good most of the time. Then there's always the annoying stereotypical 13-year-old with a swearing problem as well. Mics are important in Co-op games (like the ones I listed), but I don't think it'll have any game-changing factors to PSU.

On the plus side, it does get around that annoying character limit and you don't need to let go of the controller (for those that use PC/360/PS3 controllers to play PSU) to say something. I guess it depends on the type of game I'm playing for which communication method I like better.