PDA

View Full Version : PC Music Enchanement Final Patch is now available!! (patch no.3)

Arika
Feb 19, 2009, 02:20 AM
Finally, it is time to clear up all the remain battle song in game~
same as always, you can choose what song to replace and what song to keep, I put it in separate folder with the area name in it.

here is the list of change in patch 3.

Patch 3-final!

Clyez Linear Line (AMF), Metro area ->> Rockman X Opening stage (self remix)
Death Palace (mother brain) - >> Meseme (Mai-HiME)
Habirao FD. area ->> Jubei Yagyu Red Theme (Onimusha Dawn of Dream)
Egg thieves ->> FIGHT!! ver 1 (Grandia II)
Relic Awaken (many relic except sleeping warrior, and main puzzle) ->> Vergil battle 2 (Devil May Cry 3**)
Rozenom Line Milate 04 (all Train mission) ->> Encounter with unknown (Tale of vesperia)
Striker, HSM, Thunderburst Duel ->> Glacial Colosseum (Soul Calibur IV)
The Vibe The end of planets (dark faiz) ->> Cry, for "IDOLA" the holy (PSO)
Ukishima (rainbow beast) ->> Roberto theme (Onimusha Dawn of Dream)

And I also prepare back up files for your convenient. at the same link.

but today special is...

Bonus patch! (lobby and minor change)

Club 3rd floor ->> "This is my Happiness" (1-UP song***)
Violent ->> Purification Of Darkness ~ Battle With The Parts (Grandia II)
Z.C. enemy 2 ->> Pain the Universe (Seiken Densetsu The legend of Mana)

*For the best variety, I only select 1 or 2 music from the same game to match up similar mission, except PSO.
**I want to match the music between Relic-sleeping- and Relic-awakening- so I use Vergil-2 and Arkham battle, both from Devil May cry 3.
***this song is only good to use during any lobby event period, because ST force th music on 1st floor and 3rd floor club room to be the same music outside the event period.

You can download all the patch from the link in official forum, (I can't post link here due to rule)
but following this link, and search thread posted by Arika-chan, you will see it.
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/search.php?mode=results
(if you can't find then PM to ask me direct link)

DreXxiN
Feb 19, 2009, 02:48 AM
HOOOOT and thanks very much as always. :D

Zero-Sensei
Feb 19, 2009, 02:50 AM
Many thanks, Arika!

_Vyser_
Feb 19, 2009, 03:26 AM
Sweet, I enjoy patching this game. Thanks! :D

Katy
Feb 19, 2009, 08:31 AM
I'm a traitor D:< I switched from your patch to Rust's Dark Mage patch. But I still use a few of yours :) PSO boss music is very suiting for the bosses in PSU.

DreXxiN
Feb 20, 2009, 02:57 AM
The Charged Puzzle music makes it a lot easier to grind for spheres without boredom, and I love the without a sail music..brings back nostalgia :).

(Which also keeps us here)

This shows you how important music is in a game.

Zero-Sensei
Feb 20, 2009, 03:14 AM
The Charged Puzzle music makes it a lot easier to grind for spheres without boredom, and I love the without a sail music..brings back nostalgia :).

(Which also keeps us here)

This shows you how important music is in a game.

I couldn't agree with you more, Drex. =)

jShazBot
Feb 20, 2009, 04:03 AM
Always hated the music on PSU...
That's why I always have my iPod playing off of my Xbox when I'm in PSU and that is why I always kept my Music Volume at 0 when I played on PS2 and Computer.

Zero-Sensei
Feb 20, 2009, 04:10 AM
Sometimes, I often want to make some of my own music for a patch, but I get too lazy or just don't have enough time. I appreciate what Arika does.

Tyreek
Feb 20, 2009, 04:53 AM
XD I thought there was a voice update patch with this! LMAO Silly me. But thanks for finishing up the other music themes Arika. You do a lot for this game. Now we need to see if the voice patch will get fixed sometime.

Katy
Feb 20, 2009, 06:41 AM
I had the Burning Rangers theme in my room but I never understood the lyrics but with your patch its in Engligh now! :O This 3rd patch is the best one in my opinion.

I name all files with the extension .adx first and preview them in winamp and just place them to wherever area I want based of Jonathan_F's list of all music.

Smidge204
Feb 20, 2009, 08:23 AM
This game has music?!

=Smidge=

Arika
Feb 20, 2009, 09:03 AM
This game has music?!

=Smidge=

try it ^^

especially those who like to open winamp or ipod, I strongly suggest you feel the different.

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2009, 11:07 AM
1) Go to Options
2) Set BGM to 0
3) Open Winamp
4) ????
5) PROFIT Eliminate boredom

It's not so much the music of the game that gets to me, it's the fact that you only here a small handful of tracks constantly. A music patch is a nice idea, but I'd just end up getting sick of hearing the same three songs over and over again anyway. Winamp just lets me hear a variety of things and I can set up playlists for certain areas, to keep a little variety going.

Arika
Feb 20, 2009, 11:36 AM
The problem is that I used to think the same way you do until I tried this, Typhe.
Drexxin, Zero and midori were also the same, it is not like they can't use any music program. They tried both and they choose this! ^^

i have told you to try it first many times, it is not hard to change it back, take only 5 min. :p

DreXxiN
Feb 20, 2009, 01:15 PM
1) Go to Options
2) Set BGM to 0
3) Open Winamp
4) ????

It's not so much the music of the game that gets to me, it's the fact that you only here a small handful of tracks constantly. A music patch is a nice idea, but I'd just end up getting sick of hearing the same three songs over and over again anyway. Winamp just lets me hear a variety of things and I can set up playlists for certain areas, to keep a little variety going.

Why post if you haven't even tried it yet or don't care to do so? lol

And I really hope you aren't like Zero who just has this massive playlist of stuff but just loops one thing for awhile, and then continues to the next post..

Anyway Free Bump!

Seriously, guys. Try this. Sometimes I listen to winamp or WMP but this is a really nice touchup to make the game more interesting.

Matic
Feb 20, 2009, 01:28 PM
The best part is when you change a song, and forget about it for a few months. It made for quite a few carnival surprises, in my case.

Thanks for the patch, Arika. I'll have to check it out later.

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2009, 01:39 PM
Why post if you haven't even tried it yet or don't care to do so? lol

And I really hope you aren't like Zero who just has this massive playlist of stuff but just loops one thing for awhile, and then continues to the next post..

Anyway Free Bump!

Seriously, guys. Try this. Sometimes I listen to winamp or WMP but this is a really nice touchup to make the game more interesting.
I did this exact same thing in Ragnarok Online way back when, multiple times, and I found that each time I did this, I got really sick of whatever songs I had in there, regardless of how fitting they were. I cannot listen to the same song over and over or I get sick of it really fast, that's just how I am. Luckily I like such a wide variety of music, so this doesn't happen too often.

And no, I have several playlists sorted by genre and such, and I usually do one of two things: I pick a genre I'm in the mood for and I hit Shuffle, or if I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for, I just open the master playlist and hit Shuffle. I know people that loop one thing over and over myself, and I just don't see how they do it. But this is just how I am.

I'm not trying to say this is a bad project overall, it just isn't for me. I've tried doing this before in other games and it hasn't done anything for me.

DreXxiN
Feb 20, 2009, 02:43 PM
That's cool and all, but Arika put a lot of work into it, and by posting the whole winamp-thing it just came off as you trying to derail the thread and send a message for people not to give it a shot and just use winamp (to me, at least, and trust me, I KNOW about derailing threads with corndogs)

Rust
Feb 20, 2009, 08:21 PM
1) Go to Options
2) Set BGM to 0
3) Open Winamp
4) ????

Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't like Winamp + PSU at the same time.
But well, that's why I made a shitload of different packs and change the mix about every week. ;p

LeynasMoon
Feb 20, 2009, 08:29 PM
"Pain the Universe", "FIGHT!! Ver. 1", "Glacial Colosseum", I'll have to use those!
I love "This Is My Happiness", but I also like the Carnival's theme too.

Mmyah. Playing WMP playlist songs while I PSU used to work out, but I'd prefer my songs to be in sync with the game, like with Arika's patch; when going from block to block the music will pause while each block is loading.
If I weren't so lazy, I'd make some replacement songs to put in my folder myself. Thanks, Akira, for doing it for us lazy people. You pick out some really good ones in your patches! (I also use the voice patch. :D)

Criss
Feb 21, 2009, 04:38 PM
Looks nice, but I still prefer the PSU-Music-Off + Winamp combo. :wacko: