PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU A few more details on JP's upcoming AOTI supplemental update

EspioKaos
Feb 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/090220a.html

Courtesy of Shougai PSO, we have new details on Japan's upcoming AOTI supplemental update from the February 20 issue of Dengeki PSP!

Items
* There are plans to have a public weapon design contest.
* The best designs from the contest will become in-game items.
* Brand new weapons will be released periodically.

GUARDIANS Cash
* Weapon grinding and attribute modifications were mentioned, but no new details were given.
* Missions bought with GC will have bonuses such as EXP payout boosts and the ability to get items that cannot be obtained anywhere else.
* Special trial courses will be available to allow players to try out certain GC missions without having to pay for them. Of course, the trial versions will have restrictions placed on them, though no particulars have been given yet. (I assume the exclusive items will not drop and the EXP bonus will not be in place.)

Customization
* As was previously confirmed, players who have hit the level cap will be able to convert excess EXP into points which can then be used to upgrade individual stats. The following stats have been confirmed as upgradeable:
** Attack power
** Accuracy
** TECHNIC power
** Status effect infliction rate
** Status effect resistance rate
* You will be able to upgrade your Guardian type, as well. Specifics on this have not been revealed, however.
* Three (known) options will be given to allow capped characters to customize their "style" by enhancing certain attributes. These options are "weapon," "shield" and "extra." Details currently are unknown.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 19, 2009, 12:47 PM
Pay 10 yen to run a mission that has a 1/9001 chance of dropping Heaven Punisher!

stukasa
Feb 19, 2009, 12:50 PM
Items
* There are plans to have a public weapon design contest.
* The best designs from the contest will become in-game items.
That sounds really cool, actually. But will the NA/EU servers be able to participate in this or (since we're so far behind JP) is this contest JP-onry?

Customization
Very interesting. :D *wonders how much extra resistance you can get*

* You will be able to upgrade your Guardian type, as well. Specifics on this have not been revealed, however.
*crosses fingers* Add more weapon types to your class or maybe upgrade some of your weapon caps from A to S rank, maybe?

Neith
Feb 19, 2009, 12:59 PM
Stat increases after capping sounds nice- I expect a lot of people to complain about it making the game easier, but the game is easy enough already and nothing much will change it a noticable amount anyway.

The weapon design contest sounds a great idea- but I'm waiting for it to be JP-only (as the update hasn't even been announced in US/EU yet). It'd be a shame though, we have some very talented artists in Fan Works who I'm sure could do this justice.

The only thing I'm not liking is making the DLC missions have special items- if they're far better than alternatives, then it'll come down to the richest players being the most powerful. Hopefully they'll be equivalent to other weapons/armour, not better.

Immovable One
Feb 19, 2009, 01:11 PM
Weapon design contest!?

*drools*

_Vyser_
Feb 19, 2009, 01:12 PM
** TECHNIC power

This is super special awesome! For one thing, it'll be nice to upgrade my techer's TP, but for another thing, it'll also help make my CAST AF stronger :D I use lots of R-mags for the SE, so being able to increase the SE infliction rate and have the ability to raise my TP has me really excited about this. I just hope we can move around these "points" after we use them; having a TP boost wouldn't really help GM XD

Kylie
Feb 19, 2009, 01:14 PM
I don't like this concept of paying to make the game easier. I don't mean the customization because I don't think that will be a huge deal (could be), but you don't get the added EXP or drop rate in the "trial" runs? :lol: That strikes me as if they're going to have purchasable rare missions, or similar missions. Personally, I don't think there will be much of a game past that point. I still think PS2 users are going to get shafted, but I'm sort of relieve with the other news of the weapons still being released to them but with different graphics. Surely they won't only release new weapons though...

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2009, 01:43 PM
I don't think anybody is happy about "pay-per-run" missions with "the ability to get items that cannot be obtained anywhere else". This will seperate those who are willing and able to spend loads of cash from those who would rather not feed any more than the $10 monthly fee (which is exorbitant considering the lack of support given).

I'm all for everything else though!

Phoenix_Black
Feb 19, 2009, 01:56 PM
I thought it was stated that you only ever have to pay for a mission once...

Inazuma
Feb 19, 2009, 02:00 PM
This is super special awesome! For one thing, it'll be nice to upgrade my techer's TP, but for another thing, it'll also help make my CAST AF stronger :D I use lots of R-mags for the SE, so being able to increase the SE infliction rate and have the ability to raise my TP has me really excited about this. I just hope we can move around these "points" after we use them; having a TP boost wouldn't really help GM XD

i feel the same way. it sounds great but we better have an option to adjust the point distribution later. if they want to charge us meseta (not real money) to modify the bonus pts, similar to changing types, that could work out good.

Xaeris
Feb 19, 2009, 02:02 PM
So not only are they asking us to pay money for extra missions, they're asking us to design the weapons that will drop in them? Ahahaha.

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2009, 02:23 PM
Paying for missions? This should *never, ever* be done in a game where you already have to pay to play. That's kinda ridiculous.

Being able to boost stats with extra EXP, that's kinda cool. Well, it's only cool if they somehow manage to make the game harder, otherwise that's really just going to make people more bored. And I'd think stat-boosting would still have to have a cap somewhere, otherwise it's going to be too easy to just get 9999 ATP and *completely* break the game. It won't even be funny at this point.

At least they're trying, I guess, but I do think some of these improvements need a little supplemental thinking.

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2009, 02:26 PM

This is possible, I really don't know how it will work. Regardless, it still sucks.

biggabertha
Feb 19, 2009, 02:37 PM
Man... stat collection is going to be HARD now and a lot of people are going to be kinda upset about having base stats put in... x.x;

Personally, I don't like a lot of the changes, how come only certain things like ATP, ATA and the different uses of STA are only changeable? (Sure, TP too) But shouldn't all of them be changeable?

Maybe I'm too much of a completist then... but now I get the feeling we're going to be going back to PSO's max stat business. WHich is cool and everything I suppose... but it's PSO stuff again..

I kind of agree with Neith that... the richest players are going to be the statistically strongest players around as opposed to the hard workers or the shrewd players but...

That's life I suppose. Money does too much and it's even affected a game, heh.

Anduril
Feb 19, 2009, 02:47 PM
So I'm not entirely clear by how people are talking about it, but is the ability to raise your stats going to be a part of the GC stuff, or is it just a part of the supplemental update itself? Also, I think that each stat having a cap on how high each stat can go is a good idea, and hopefully it is different by race, otherwise you'll have CASTs with crazy high TP or Newmen with ATP surpassing Beasts.

Phoenix_Black
Feb 19, 2009, 02:48 PM
I don't understand why people are so upset over people spending their money, that they earned on a game they like to play. It's not like there is any PVP in this game where these weapons would actually affect a person who can't afford or dosn't want to upgrade their weapons. The only way that it could really affect someone else is if there is a time attack or maybe a killcount leaderboard. At that point, you should atleast be competent enough to have weapons that rival those upgraded with guardian cash.

And as far as the stat increasing bit for capped characters, we don't know what the conversion rate is. It might be 500k for 1 point, for all we know.

Don't get all bent out of shape until we know for sure, and don't go around baaawwwing over people who actually want to spend some extra cash here or there on a hobby of theres when you don't.

stukasa
Feb 19, 2009, 02:52 PM
That was a mistranslation. We don't have all the specific details yet but it sounds like you'll have to pay per run.

So I'm not entirely clear by how people are talking about it, but is the ability to raise your stats going to be a part of the GC stuff, or is it just a part of the supplemental update itself? Also, I think that each stat having a cap on how high each stat can go is a good idea, and hopefully it is different by race, otherwise you'll have CASTs with crazy high TP or Newmen with ATP surpassing Beasts.
The ability to raise your stats is NOT part of the Guardians Cash thing. It's for capped characters to turn their unusable EXP into something useful.

Anduril
Feb 19, 2009, 02:53 PM
The ability to raise your stats is NOT part of the Guardians Cash thing. It's for capped characters to turn their unusable EXP into something useful. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Darki
Feb 19, 2009, 03:30 PM
GUARDIANS Cash
* Weapon grinding and attribute modifications were mentioned, but no new details were given.
* Missions bought with GC will have bonuses such as EXP payout boosts and the ability to get items that cannot be obtained anywhere else.
* Special trial courses will be available to allow players to try out certain GC missions without having to pay for them. Of course, the trial versions will have restrictions placed on them, though no particulars have been given yet. (I assume the exclusive items will not drop and the EXP bonus will not be in place.)

This is an EPIC phail.

Customization
* As was previously confirmed, players who have hit the level cap will be able to convert excess EXP into points which can then be used to upgrade individual stats. The following stats have been confirmed as upgradeable:
** Attack power
** Accuracy
** TECHNIC power
* Three (known) options will be given to allow capped characters to customize their "style" by enhancing certain attributes. These options are "weapon," "shield" and "extra." Details currently are unknown.

But this is all made of win. My heart is divided now. :'(

EspioKaos
Feb 19, 2009, 03:37 PM
Personally, I don't like a lot of the changes, how come only certain things like ATP, ATA and the different uses of STA are only changeable? (Sure, TP too) But shouldn't all of them be changeable?
Those are the only ones that were mentioned in the article, but it doesn't mean that they'll be the only stats that can be modified. ;)

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2009, 03:40 PM
I don't understand why people are so upset over people spending their money, that they earned on a game they like to play. It's not like there is any PVP in this game where these weapons would actually affect a person who can't afford or dosn't want to upgrade their weapons. The only way that it could really affect someone else is if there is a time attack or maybe a killcount leaderboard. At that point, you should atleast be competent enough to have weapons that rival those upgraded with guardian cash.

And as far as the stat increasing bit for capped characters, we don't know what the conversion rate is. It might be 500k for 1 point, for all we know.

Don't get all bent out of shape until we know for sure, and don't go around baaawwwing over people who actually want to spend some extra cash here or there on a hobby of theres when you don't.

You are why game companies are able to "nickel-and-dime" people out of their money. Don't you see that if this works and they make a huge amount of money from doing this that it will become part of the game?? I hope this goes the way of the Oblivion "horse armor" on XBL.

Also, I think you miss the main reason people are upset: we ALREADY PAY to play this game online!! Why should we be charged additional fees for certain missions/items? Even if these items are not all-powerful, I don't want to have to pay this much here and that much there (on top of what I am already paying!) in order to enjoy every aspect of the game. Pretty soon, they'll be charging for events and "premium" missions....Imagine paying monthly for Netflix only for them to tell you that you can't get all of the available movies for the monthly fee....you have to pay extra if you want a "new release" or a "favorite".

ErtaiClou
Feb 19, 2009, 03:53 PM
Rather than make US pay for the mission can't they let advertisers pay to put THEIR ads in said mission and still keep the goodies? Like the Soap shoe billboards in Sonic Adventure Battle? I mean we do pay for this thing already, haven't we suffered enough? XD

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2009, 04:00 PM
I don't really care if people want to spend their own money in a game, but, on top of a monthly fee? Most games that accept money for special features are free-to-play, so I really don't see this working out. Well, except from the 'leetists who will end up spending $200/month on the game as a result.

And the more I think about the optional stat boost, the more I don't like it. Anduril brought up a very good point--all someone has to do is give their CAST an asston of TP and bam, Newmans obsolete. And as I mentioned before, the game won't even be worth playing if you can just pump ATP to 9999. Won't even be worth using anything BUT melee PAs at that point, if you desired to keep up with anyone. This feature *really* needs to be capped based on race, similar to how PSO did it.

Morganna
Feb 19, 2009, 04:06 PM
I see it the other way, Typheros.

It now means I can someday have my newman be as powerful as a cast or a beast, thus I can properly have my own Nei.

autumn
Feb 19, 2009, 04:17 PM
I've got a newman fighter so I think it would be cool to be able to pump her ATP up.
I'm still not pleased with the Guardian's Cash thing and I see it being made of nothing but fail >_>

RemiusTA
Feb 19, 2009, 04:26 PM
* Brand new weapons will be released periodically.

GUARDIANS Cash

Pathetic. This approach to online gaming, along with them now starting to cater to the capped character's stats and not the content of the game, is like the textbook definition to Korean Free-To-Play MMOs.

We dont need new weapons released "PERIODICALLY"...we need them all now. This game has been failing because the players are bored out of their minds. Adding hundreds of new weapons just to release 4 (in RANDOM weapon types, might i add) per week is the reason PSU has completely failed in respect to its predecessors.

I really see this update as the end of the Phantasy Star "Online" series as we know it. Whatever pathetic cesspool of a team they have working on Universe is about to completely ruin everything good about this game by trying to milk the playerbase like this. Once they start getting extra money like this...they aren't going to stop. Sega doesn't have that kind of integrity. They've resorted to the cheep, half-assed way out of making people enjoy this game -- Pay money to temporarily break the rules.

Welcome to the end of whatever kind of fair economy we had, because exclusive weapons from missions you have to pay EXTRA money to pay will be worth multiple times more than normal ones. Which means anyone who pays for the extra missions will inevitebly be richer than one who does not.

Inazuma
Feb 19, 2009, 04:26 PM
having to pay for any kind of DLC really upsets me. i may end up doing it for psu, considering how invested into the game i am already, but i would never start playing a game if i knew about this shit in advance. its no wonder i own a ps3 but dont buy any games for it. the stupid DLC prevents me from being able to. this generation of games is really the worst of all. and dont get me started on ads in games. unless the game is free, i cannot justify paying money to view ads.

unicorn
Feb 19, 2009, 04:30 PM
I dont think the stat thing might make races obselete. I'm pretty sure it might work like PSO-materials. Like a FOmar could never have more MST than a FOnewearl with max mind mats, etc. Although it might make gaps smaller. I dont think thats entirely a bad thing though, since some racial combinations are pretty gimped.

As of right now, Newmans get the short end of the stick in any melee-based job in terms of HP, ATP, DFP, and EVP. However, melee is sooo broken its still easy, but the differences are there. CAST/Beast MF/FT is incredibly weak. The defensive stats don't make up for a couple thousand TP point difference, and SUV/Nano use ATP. In fact, in Newman/Human GT/WT have more TP than CAST/Beast MF/FT (although MF/FT has access to rods and higher tech caps, but the tech damage isn't incredibly different).

Newman FF/FM are so weak, they compare to Beast FI in terms of damage. However, FI still has access to ranged weapons.

Cast MF/FT is sooo weak Newman AT can usually do comparable damage or more damage and still have 40 more levels of support,melee, range, an better defense.

I think any FF/FM (whatever race) should be stronger than its hybrid counterparts. As the same with MF/FT.

In FFXI, there are racial differences, but not reaaaallly large. Its mostly based off equipment and skill, I think thats how PSU should be.

Morganna
Feb 19, 2009, 04:35 PM
Well, I can accept beasts and casts being stronger than newmans, but this could mean that someday my newman might not feel gimp compared to them.

RemiusTA
Feb 19, 2009, 04:41 PM
Guys, the requirements for this extra stat boosting will most likely be so tedious that there's nothing to worry about.

And im pretty sure Newmans will still get shafted in the worse way possible. For example, if every 100,000 EXP points gave you 20 points to allocate to any stat you wanted, if you put them all in MST....your technic damage would go up by about 5 points. Opposed to ATP, where it would go up by alot more.

Kylie
Feb 19, 2009, 05:02 PM
Guys, the requirements for this extra stat boosting will most likely be so tedious that there's nothing to worry about.Right. It could turn out to be like the bitching people did about SEED Magashi dropping made Repcas, and then we found out that they didn't drop as often as some people were afraid they would. I'm hoping they put strict limits on this point system though. If they don't, there will be no difference between races other than appearances/abilities.

I'm still more concerned with the purchasable missions. I'd be okay with them if they had the same rewards as regular missions, but this new information implies that they'll have boosted experience and drop rates. If you can buy your experience and rares, what's the point of the game? Personally, I think they need to get away from the boosts.

WhiteKnight01
Feb 19, 2009, 05:08 PM
i wonder if they will rase the highest % that you can have on a weapon to like 75

Morganna
Feb 19, 2009, 05:10 PM
If they don't, there will be no difference between races other than appearances/abilities.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :O

I mean, I could accept beasts and casts being objectively more powerful, if I knew that I could pwn almost as well.

It also doesn't help that techs basically suck for everything but giresta and buffing.

So as it stands now, newmans practically suck for everything except buffing and healing, compared to beasts and casts.

This new stat thing has helped me to put hope back into playing a newman.

Weeaboolits
Feb 19, 2009, 05:11 PM
I would hope that throwing in a payshop means that they'll be eliminating the subscription fee.

PepperCat
Feb 19, 2009, 05:16 PM
I would hope that throwing in a payshop means that they'll be eliminating the subscription fee.

It won't work like this... the CASH SHOP that they are adding is for those people that'll pay EXTRA money ON TOP of what they are already paying for useless stuff.

Exactly how useless and how expensive it'll end up being remains to be seen.

NDW
Feb 19, 2009, 05:22 PM
if you put them all in MST....your technic damage would go up

MST has no effect on TECHNIC damage, only TP does.

i wonder if they will rase the highest % that you can have on a weapon to like 75

I don't think so.

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2009, 06:10 PM

That would work.

As for the stat boosting, I really hope that they don't allow all races the same max stats, rather they can boost a certain stat to make them better than someone who isn't maxed.

For example, a beast WT would be able to raise their TP but only to a certain level. A max capped Beast WT who maxes all of their "extra points" into TP would (should) still have lower TP than a max capped Newman WT who also maxed their "extra points" into TP, but the same max capped Beast WT who maxes their "extra points" into TP would have a higher TP than, say, a Newman WT who is maxed capped but hasn't added any extra points. I.E., work harder when you are capped and you will be "better" than those who don't, but don't expect to be "better" than those who put in the same amount of work into it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Beasts getting more ACC or TP and Casts getting more TP and Newmans getting more ATP or HP, but I don't think a max capped newman should have more or even an equal amount of ATP as a max capped beast....

_Vyser_
Feb 19, 2009, 06:37 PM
The ONLY way I'll be ok with these payshop missions are if they're a one-time-buy price of $1>. Even then, I'd much rather the payshop didn't exist at all.

Rust
Feb 19, 2009, 07:18 PM
And the more I think about the optional stat boost, the more I don't like it. Anduril brought up a very good point--all someone has to do is give their CAST an asston of TP and bam, Newmans obsolete. And as I mentioned before, the game won't even be worth playing if you can just pump ATP to 9999. Won't even be worth using anything BUT melee PAs at that point, if you desired to keep up with anyone. This feature *really* needs to be capped based on race, similar to how PSO did it.

My only concern wouldn't be to boost one stat to a huge amount (as long as it stays reasonable), but more how easy it would be to increase your stats. Some people get capped the day there is a level cap raise, meaning they spend almost all their playtime capped ; if increasing your stats are too easy, or even not capped, you'd quickly get a shitton of characters with the exact same stats (at max. mind you), which would be even worse than now, where people manage to complain about every character of the same class/type combo having the same stats.

I think it would need a system close to merit points in FFXI in order to be relevant ; an overall number of points you could invest in total, but wherever you want. You have to watch out where to spend your points in, but you still get to customize your character to some extent. I really wouldn't mind seeing a CAST FT with higher TP points than a newman or newmans with shitloads of ATP ; we would get more unique characters that way, and people doing so would pretty much have to forfeit any other stat increase in order to fill the gap between their race and the one they're aiming to outstat.

All of that is evidently said based on super-vague informations we got for now. I just know that if I ever get Rust to be capped someday, I'll spend as many points as I can is the Status Effect resistance increase, just to get closer to the lolinvincible original character BG. :D

Touka
Feb 19, 2009, 07:27 PM
That would work.

As for the stat boosting, I really hope that they don't allow all races the same max stats, rather they can boost a certain stat to make them better than someone who isn't maxed.

For example, a beast WT would be able to raise their TP but only to a certain level. A max capped Beast WT who maxes all of their "extra points" into TP would (should) still have lower TP than a max capped Newman WT who also maxed their "extra points" into TP, but the same max capped Beast WT who maxes their "extra points" into TP would have a higher TP than, say, a Newman WT who is maxed capped but hasn't added any extra points. I.E., work harder when you are capped and you will be "better" than those who don't, but don't expect to be "better" than those who put in the same amount of work into it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Beasts getting more ACC or TP and Casts getting more TP and Newmans getting more ATP or HP, but I don't think a max capped newman should have more or even an equal amount of ATP as a max capped beast....

That sounds right but knowing Sonic Team's track record they'll totally eff up this system only to fix it months later :/

_Vyser_
Feb 19, 2009, 09:03 PM
Would be fun to see how high a male Beast FF's HP could go...

stukasa
Feb 19, 2009, 09:17 PM
Would be fun to see how high a male Beast FF's HP could go...
I'd gladly settle for 2000 HP on my Newman MF. :cry:

Morganna
Feb 19, 2009, 09:33 PM
To the ones against all races getting to have ultimately the same stats: how else are we going to break the back of beast/cast supremacy? Or should newmans get the shaft forever? If you don't want newmans to have any hope of being able to keep up with beasts or casts melee wise, what do you suggest to make offensive casting not a complete joke compared to Jabroga, aka the One True PA?

_Vyser_
Feb 19, 2009, 09:45 PM
I'd gladly settle for 2000 HP on my Newman MF. :cry:

LMAO! I feel your pain...GO GO female Newman MF HP! Best stat ever...

Arika
Feb 19, 2009, 10:22 PM
** Accuracy
Seem suit gunner well. attack power is also a nice choice, but that might be too much.

** TECHNIC power
only thing a newman techer would upgrade <,< except if they have speed boost thing.

** Attack power
may be only think I see that I would upgrade my FM too, a bit Acc might be nice together

>> I know it!!, wonder for a long while why masterfighter only has 4 weapons!!, so we can add more weapon by exchange with those point. I will get twin saber first, then dagger and twin claw.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 19, 2009, 10:38 PM
Don't really care anymore. I'll be playing Gunmaster until Segduh makes techer worth using again. Multi-classing is a waste a time, as my only fun comes from dominating missions right now. I'm becoming more adjusted to the gunner style, and will throw out anything I remember as techer. It's gonna take a lot for me to ever forgive techer. I'm only doing AT occasionally, such as level cap since being a newman is pointless.

As for race stats, I wouldn't mind my Human GM outdoing the Cast: although she already outdoes some of them now :P
How about humans getting a race special?

unicorn
Feb 19, 2009, 10:39 PM
They should try to control how many points you can use for one stat.

Liiiike.... Newman should be allowed to use more points for ATP than a Beast/Cast. Why? Well if a maxed Beast used 200 pts for ATP and a Newman used 200 pts for ATP, then balance wouldnt change at all.

Example:

Beast at cap w/ 1900 ATP + 200 pts = 2100 ATP
Newman at cap w/1500 ATP + 200 pts = 1700 ATP

beast will still have 400 more ATP either way.

However if beast was only allowed say... 100 for ATP, then it would surel give enough room for Newman to be able to catchup in terms of damage. Etc.

There should probably be a limit too. I mean... you can infinitely change your stats? @_@ It wouldnt make sense.... especially since some players play much more than others.

Anduril
Feb 19, 2009, 10:43 PM

Liiiike.... Newman should be allowed to use more points for ATP than a Beast/Cast. Why? Well if a maxed Beast used 200 pts for ATP and a Newman used 200 pts for ATP, then balance wouldnt change at all.

Example:

However if beast was only allowed say... 100 for ATP, then it would surel give enough room for Newman to be able to catchup in terms of damage. Etc.

There should probably be a limit too. I mean... you can infinitely change your stats? @_@ It wouldnt make sense.... especially since some players play much more than others.
I like this idea, it will allow for other races to keep up with one another, but also not surpass them.

CelestialBlade
Feb 19, 2009, 11:09 PM

Example:

This I would be completely in favor of. But I still hope that it takes quite a bit of EXP to be able to spend extra stat points.

W0LB0T
Feb 19, 2009, 11:33 PM
Weapon design contest...if only i knew how to enter
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=86&pictureid=2120I would love to be walking around with a couple of these badboys[/spoiler-box]

biggabertha
Feb 20, 2009, 04:16 AM
Those are the only ones that were mentioned in the article, but it doesn't mean that they'll be the only stats that can be modified. ;)

Touché...

I'm actually.. kind of liking the idea more now that I've read through the entire topic.

Errr... the stat changing stuff that is, the GUARDIANs Cash thing worries me more than it upsets me. I foretell some problems akin to the Error 192 problem some of us have faced in the past if/when it comes to these shores. Chances are, we'll be buying/paying it through billing.playsega.psu or whatever it is now but here's hoping you don't have to use a different card with a different address to pay for it.

Arika strikes an interesting point as well - adding extra abilities such as granting the use of extra weapons or line shields would be awesome. I'm intrigued to know what the extra might be. More speed...? PP cost reduction..? PA Cap rise...?!

*Wipes drool away*

Can anyone even imagine Gunmasters getting Lv. 50 Grenade Launchers with 20% firing speed enhancement? How about Mechguns and Crossbows?

(Heh... for some reason, seeing THrowing Blades used 20% faster is going to look really tiring... waving your left arm around at normal speed for a few minutes looks really tiring, heh!)

I agree that the game is getting dangerously close to Korean Online Games though.

Here's hoping that this will keep PSU alive for a little longer. Even if it is desperate attempts.

Zarode
Feb 20, 2009, 04:19 AM
To most of this thread: You people are idiots. Here is a nine paragraph, double-spaced essay on why...

Also: OH NO IT'S THE RETURN OF MATERIALS FROM PSO~

dumbasses

Chuck_Norris
Feb 20, 2009, 04:29 AM
I am going to put all points I get into ATP on my beast Gunmaster. Hellooo stupid stronger ass shotguns. :wacko:

Zero-Sensei
Feb 20, 2009, 04:30 AM
To most of this thread: You people are idiots. Here is a nine paragraph, double-spaced essay on why...

Also: OH NO IT'S THE RETURN OF MATERIALS FROM PSO~

dumbasses

[spoiler-box]

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/KitsuneTaishou/ca59fbjacksparta.jpg

[/spoiler-box]

Chuck: That's a neat way of looking at it. =O

JAFO22000
Feb 20, 2009, 10:33 AM
To the ones against all races getting to have ultimately the same stats: how else are we going to break the back of beast/cast supremacy? Or should newmans get the shaft forever? If you don't want newmans to have any hope of being able to keep up with beasts or casts melee wise, what do you suggest to make offensive casting not a complete joke compared to Jabroga, aka the One True PA?

Don't forget that they mentioned an update to class types in the original announcement. I would be surprised if they don't boost techer classes to be as good as the Hunter/Gunner classes or nerf H/G to be on par with techers.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 20, 2009, 11:26 AM
Official Site updated again :o

Arika
Feb 20, 2009, 11:50 AM
Official Site updated again :o

it seem to be a good news there!!~
so it is something call "community course" (pronounce: Co-su)
It is something like a demo version that you can play with people in real server, and that not limited to only 5 free days.
It say that when your guardian license has expired, you can still be able to log in as community course also, but with the limited things to do (limited level, PA and mission to play, can't get vol coins, can't trade/drop item with other players, can't use common box, and finally, unable to use guardian cash.)

but at least, u know.. it is semi-free mode, better than unable to log in at all.

Dhylec
Feb 20, 2009, 12:08 PM
It is something like a demo version that you can play with people in real server, and that not limited to only 5 free days.
It say that when your guardian license has expired, you can still be able to log in as community course also, but with the limited things to do (limited level, PA and mission to play, can't get vol coins, can't trade/drop item with other players, can't use common box, and finally, unable to use guardian cash.)

but at least, u know.. it is semi-free mode, better than unable to log in at all.

That's interesting news for future PSU players. I guess that offsets the pay-to-play missions.

LuigiMario
Feb 20, 2009, 12:24 PM

You fogot the part where your character data mysteriously vanishes.

Christmas
Feb 20, 2009, 12:25 PM
That might prove to be of some use to myself, always been wanting to log on to their servers for price checks and such. Given what I said, access to shops is available I hope.

garjian
Feb 20, 2009, 12:26 PM
**Status effect infliction rate**

ummm yeah... can anyone say... Vish Diragac?

LuigiMario
Feb 20, 2009, 12:42 PM

Face it, more wealth means better stuff han everyone else. eBay is sole proof of that.

Phoenix_Black
Feb 20, 2009, 12:46 PM
Face it, more wealth means better stuff han everyone else. eBay is sole proof of that.

What's wrong with that?

Darius_Drake
Feb 20, 2009, 12:47 PM
**Status effect infliction rate**

Can anyone say Megid???

DreXxiN
Feb 20, 2009, 01:00 PM
If it's a BOOST, I'm frankly more excited about 41+ Frozen Shot. SE5 =D. Frozen Shooter, anyone?

Zeek123
Feb 20, 2009, 01:34 PM
I know most of us are upset about the whole pay to play missions thing. But my biggest worry is that if this update ever hits the English Version, and you only have to pay for it once, then it will essentially become the permanent White Beast... Why do events, other missions, or what have you if you've already payed for a mission? I seriously hope that Sega, in all their failed wisdom, manage to not make a bad idea worse. The game already feels like a one-run spam. Just my two cents on the whole ordeal. Oh, and Grenade Launchers on GMs would be <3

LuigiMario
Feb 20, 2009, 01:37 PM
What's wrong with that?

Rephrase...

More real world wealth means better weapons/stats/abilities etc. than everyone else. With more EXP comes more points to stats. If you have a job and a life, this is for you. If you have no job and a life, you're screwed.

NDW
Feb 20, 2009, 03:03 PM
ummm yeah... can anyone say... Vish Diragac?

Oh my, how awesome that would be to use a Vish Diragac with increased status effect infliction rate! :o

*drools*

_Vyser_
Feb 20, 2009, 03:35 PM
Must...have...increased SE rate...I completely forgot about Vish Diragac and Megid O_o This should be fun for players that like to take advantage of SE >:O

Shou
Feb 20, 2009, 04:00 PM
From the looks of it, it seems like you wont be able to increase the % of a weapon but just change the element itself which isnt bad at all. But the insta-grind thing is a little bit silly. Maybe instead of selling grinders that have to work they could sell boards that only make S+10s.

Phoenix_Black
Feb 20, 2009, 04:52 PM
Rephrase...

More real world wealth means better weapons/stats/abilities etc. than everyone else. With more EXP comes more points to stats. If you have a job and a life, this is for you. If you have no job and a life, you're screwed.

And at that point you shouldn't really care about that type of thing so intensly. so what people have better things than you. They're not using it against you.

EspioKaos
Feb 20, 2009, 04:56 PM
Though Arika already covered some of this, here's a full translation of what was added to the official site earlier.

Community Course
* This feature applies to ver.1 as well as AOTI. Basically, it lets players who have let their GUARDIANS License expire continue to log in to the game with limited accessibility.
* Nothing special needs to be done to convert an expired License to Community Course. Once your License lapses, when you attempt to log in, you'll log in under the CC.
* Here are the limitations put on CC players:
** Cannot enter your room.
** Restrictions are put on jumping universes.
** Restrictions are placed on which missions you can play.
** You cannot trade items with other characters.
** You cannot pick up items dropped by other characters.
** You cannot use your common box.
** You cannot collect, use or exchange Vol Coins.
** You cannot use GUARDIANS Cash.
** You cannot collect or use character stat customization points.
** If your character is over a certain level, you will not earn any EXP.
** If your character is over a certain Guardian type level, you will not earn any MP.
** If your photon arts are over a certain level, you will not earn any EXP for using them.

Aries2384
Feb 20, 2009, 06:57 PM
This is bullshit. We pay subscription for PSU. The customer service is still not 100% yet and there are things to be finished and they want to start charging us to get weapons and missions? This is major BS. First they made the Gold Bars which are catering more to S+10 hoarder/sellers. (Forgive me, the one or two of you who have legitly made over an account's worth of meseta). Now we have the developers adding guardians cash who can instantly be "elite" by buying good weapons and attributes. Fun. On top of that, they can buy missions with that. Why don't we just buy an expansion? That'd be fair. Its not like Sega deserves the monthly subscription that they get from us. I could understand if we didnt have a monthly fee.. but we do. Bullshit.

Dhylec
Feb 20, 2009, 07:41 PM
Though Arika already covered some of this, here's a full translation of what was added to the official site earlier.

Community Course
* This feature applies to ver.1 as well as AOTI. Basically, it lets players who have let their GUARDIANS License expire continue to log in to the game with limited accessibility.
* Nothing special needs to be done to convert an expired License to Community Course. Once your License lapses, when you attempt to log in, you'll log in under the CC.
** If your character is over a certain Guardian type level, you will not earn any MP.
** If your photon arts are over a certain level, you will not earn any EXP for using them.

Feels & sounds like an extended trial version.

Arika
Feb 20, 2009, 09:55 PM
Feels & sounds like an extended trial version.

Because most people are casual playing who take a break and then come back time to time, I think ST do this to favor this life style.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 20, 2009, 10:02 PM

Community Course
* PSU becomes a chat-only program
** You can't do shit

Fix'd, Too many CANNOTs

Inazuma
Feb 20, 2009, 10:49 PM
same thing i was thinking. there are so many limitations its just absurd. about the only thing you can do is chat w/ others in lobbies but even that will be a pain since you cant change to the universe they are on. they would have to come to you. and who is gonna just want to go sit in the lobby and chat w/ someone who doesnt even play the game?

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 20, 2009, 10:53 PM
Peer Pressure to renew your GL. But then if you weren't thinking about renewing why would you even log into CC?

LuigiMario
Feb 20, 2009, 11:34 PM
And at that point you shouldn't really care about that type of thing so intensly. so what people have better things than you. They're not using it against you.

I'm not one of those people you speak of. Since i cannot delete the post, I simply editted it fast to avoid a much worse reply from you so just forget what I said.

And what I said is true. People with real world wealth dominate this game and its events, races, TA, etc more than those with ingame wealth.

What's the point in going for gold if that's the case. All you can do is have fun w/o a care in the world which is my advise for those that hate this silly system that benefits heavilly off of eBayers and potential eBayers. This is SEGAs eBay and it supports eBay.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 20, 2009, 11:58 PM
this silly system that benefits heavilly off of eBayers and potential eBayers. This is SEGAs eBay and it supports eBay.
RMT existed long before this, changing the system will make it easier for people that don't RMT to get stronger, and the money goes directly to Sega instead of gold farmers. In that respect it's a good move, except they left it until the population was like 5k before deciding to implement it.

Arika
Feb 21, 2009, 12:05 AM
It is like you can play demo version of PSU with your character, it doesn't low your level down or PA. it just doesn't give you exp only. So your character basically stay where is was after you license expired. You can still play some mission tho.

Christmas
Feb 21, 2009, 04:41 AM
Aww, so much for my shop visits.

Still, people forget that there is a social side to PSU. If anything, this will help with those who wouldn't be able to log in for whatever reason. (Such as not being able to afford it at the moment and so on.) Since it's so limited, I can't see it being used too much with few excpetions.

RED_cast
Feb 21, 2009, 05:18 AM

Community Course

that sounds like fun! i can get more of my friends to try out psu now!
and when i take a break, i can keep in touch with people!
i don't think this is a bad thing.

Vent
Feb 21, 2009, 05:41 AM
Yeah it really does sound good. Seems like a good trial feature for potential new players. One question though. It says after your license has expired. I doubt many players will first buy a license then get the CC. It's more logical if you can get your account into CC without buying a Guardian's License and let it expire.

Also...does it last like...forever?

Illuminate
Feb 22, 2009, 03:34 AM
Yeah it really does sound good. Seems like a good trial feature for potential new players. One question though. It says after your license has expired. I doubt many players will first buy a license then get the CC. It's more logical if you can get your account into CC without buying a Guardian's License and let it expire.

Also...does it last like...forever?
Community Course lasts forever.

Once you make your account on Sega Billing, you have to THEN subscribe.

This is however only over in JP anyway, so we'll see. :P

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 22, 2009, 03:41 AM
“Just a little rusty RED cast made from old Sega console parts."
Color scheme resembles a Nintendo Famicom more than any Sega console I've ever seen. :P

Atomic646
Feb 22, 2009, 07:25 AM
Hmmm... this is starting to sound ablt like FFXI Merits.

RemiusTA
Feb 22, 2009, 11:41 AM

Community Course

This is actually the first smart thing ive seen Sega do in a while. The only issue is waiting to see how they do it.

If they start limiting planets, it starts not making sense. But either way, at least we'll be able to play this medicore game without paying when we dont want to, and stateside this is the perfect way to recruit new players.

If you can try it out forreal without having to pay, then people will catch on far quicker. This Community Course option is most definately going to be a Tease. This still doesn't justify the Cash Shop at ALL, but it definately offsets it a bit.

This is sounding like a last ditch effort the more they reveal about it. They've realized the subscription option isnt going to work anymore, so they're trying something different.

PSU is slowly becoming Free-To-Play. Sadly, it scares me more than anything.