PDA

View Full Version : Defining main character

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 20, 2009, 08:28 AM
Hiya again,

So I started a new character about a week into the Carnival, and its nearing my main character Tifa's level (116), so I ponder what defines your main character? Would most be inclined to say its your character level? Or is it the amount of time spent on the character itself?

My main Tifa i've spent about 320+ hours working on over the past 2 and a half years, my new character Eden, is rather ashamedly nearly higher level than Tifa; level 106 at present although i'm aiming for 125 by the end of Sunday. So would that then make Eden my main? :S Even though i've spent only 100 hours levelling?

I suppose its up to me which I consider it to be, but I was wondering if other people have done the same? Raised a different character and overtaken your first?

darkante
Feb 20, 2009, 08:39 AM
I say for me itīs based on time.

On 3 on my figurenes, i spent about 400 hours on them.
My main one which is Silent Sinner in this case, itīs over 1000 hours.

Really, in the beginning i had a male Cast named Darkante which is supposed to resembled me...but then i feelt the sudden urge to change over.
SS took his place...for some reason i were in a other thinking mode making that Male Cast again.
His Name is in Swedish. :)

lantis-zagato
Feb 20, 2009, 08:59 PM
My original main was a fighgunner and I got bored and wanted to try guntecher. Once I started the new char I found it hard to want to go back to fighgunner. Eventually I maxxed out my GT and now I pretty much play all 3 of my other characters in equal amounts. I suppose my GT is my main even though I use him the least now. I guess to me it falls down to which character I really set all of my efforts/meseta into. You just know which is your main if you have one.

WhiteKnight01
Feb 20, 2009, 09:20 PM
well my main is the one i spent 2 years playing and he is the most fun for me while i play on my others more than my main i just concider him my main also because hes the one that had to go through seabed

autumn
Feb 20, 2009, 10:18 PM
My main is the character I've had since I started this game, seeing as they are the one most people recognize me as. I'm working towards not having a main and spending time on all four of my characters equally.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 20, 2009, 10:20 PM
My main is pretty much who I feel most comfortable playing as, and who everyone knows me by.

RadiantLegend
Feb 20, 2009, 11:26 PM
I have 2 mains. Yes, thats right 2!!!!!!

RadiantAim/LegendAim

as the sig says

Libram
Feb 21, 2009, 12:39 AM
For me all my characters are based on characters I've used in RP on another forum. They all get used equally, and most of the time I prefer playing on Amy, but Libram is the first, the original, and the one that ties everything together. He is my main.

Skye-Fox713
Feb 21, 2009, 12:45 AM
JOE is difinatly my main by far, both in lv and time spent

last i checked JOE had over 1000+ hours and is lv 142

the closest alt i have is JOE L.I.M.B.A. at lv 62, cant remember the hours but its significantly lower that JOE's

Csero
Feb 21, 2009, 01:55 AM
My main is Csero of course. He is my highest level, has the best equipment and the most time invested of my characters. It is also the name people call me by requardless of what character I am playing at the time.

DEM_CIG
Feb 21, 2009, 09:36 AM
My main is pretty much who I feel most comfortable playing as...

This is true... My 1st character(Lvl 150) has almost 1400 hours on him but my second character(Lvl 150) has only 600 on him... I like my 1st character because thats what everybody adresses me online by. But I consider my 2nd character to be my main because I enjoy running on him more. So don't go by hrs or lvls, cause it should be which one you enjoy being on more. :D

sikotic_demon
Feb 21, 2009, 10:44 AM
If I go by the hours spent on a charecter then mine would be Jerry, my lvl 150 male human protranser. However going by the one that I currently have been enjoying more then it would have to be my newest charecter Falone my lvl 66 female beast protranser. The only reason I dont play much on Jerry now it because he is at the lvl cap. It pains me to keep seeing all the exp go to waste.

darkante
Feb 21, 2009, 10:48 AM
So don't go by hrs or lvls, cause it should be which one you enjoy being on more. :D

In that case, i have 2 main. Lol :)

xXJoshXx
Feb 21, 2009, 11:59 AM
my main is danger hes lvl 150 and i got 3,800 hours on him (mainly afk time)

DEM_CIG
Feb 21, 2009, 12:01 PM
In that case, i have 2 main. Lol :)

Lol... Thats true, u could also have more than one main... :)

lantis-zagato
Feb 21, 2009, 06:28 PM
Now that I think about it everyone I know from when I first started still calls me by my first characters name even though he is no longer what I would consider my main. I just hate seeing "full exp". It feels like a waste.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 23, 2009, 05:48 AM
Yeah I think i'd want to change character after mine reaches level 150, I guess for hunting the best weapons it'd be useful. Its strange alot of people say they'd consider it to be what lots of people know them by, over the 2 and a half years i've been playing i've had main characters yet for some reason deleted them and started anew, even though there is 4 spaces for characters so people have never got used to me being one character.

Eden is now 113, just 5 levels away from Tifa, but I think I bored myself with Tifa, only using knuckles and twin claws.

As for items I exchange them between players, because certain items, like Yiel Line, and armor units I've only found once and would be too expensive to buy and too tme onsuming to buy

Tifa

Cracka_J
Feb 23, 2009, 09:28 AM
I considered all the chars on my account to be mains. Granted, I spent a lot more time on some then on others, but the characters were there so I had a choice in variety and playstyle, not so they could be defined as a "main" character.

Characters in say fighting games can be defined as main characters because most are difficult to master and you must learn all the ins/outs of a character, and be able to win consistently with them, for it to be considered by you, and others as your main. PSU doesn't work the same way. All the classes are extremely simplistic to learn/master, so the only thing really left as a defining factor of who gets your playtime is how YOU feel like playing. To me, that was any of my 4 characters.