PDA

View Full Version : Is PSU Better Than PSOBB?

R3volver
Feb 21, 2009, 12:41 PM
If it is then I may try it.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 21, 2009, 12:44 PM
It just depends. Anyone who likes PSOBB is going to tell you PSOBB, anyone who likes PSU is going to tell you PSU. Play it for yourself and see, it's only $9.99 for a monthly subscription.

Magus_84
Feb 21, 2009, 12:46 PM
It's different.

The main things they have in common are that they're multiplayer online action RPGs and they are set in a science fiction world.

PSU's much faster paced, both in movement and attack. That goes for both you and the enemies. Its stat system is much more rigid than PSO's. Less customization, but that also means that you won't end up at "endgame" unable to hit anything because you wanted to raise your EVP, or something. It is much less focused on hunting specific things, and more on raising your PA levels and finding incremental improvements on your gear.

A wider variety of weapons are "good" or "usable", but most of them end up being differently-statted and skinned ways of using whatever PA you like. Or with bullets/techs, whatever PA you want the element for.

Ask yourself what you liked about PSO. If it's the things in the first sentence, you might want to try it.

I've played PSO since DC days. But trying to go back to it after playing PSU feels like you're going in slow motion.

Totori
Feb 21, 2009, 12:47 PM
Duh.......I mean really PSU has A LOT MORE content then PSOBB But if you really think PSOBB is better by all means keep playing it

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 21, 2009, 12:56 PM
If you are on the 360 then try the demo but keepin mind that its only 10% of what the game has to offer now.

Totori
Feb 21, 2009, 01:03 PM
If you are on the 360 then try the demo but keepin mind that its only 10% of what the game has to offer now.
I'd say more like 3% thanks to AOI

Voison
Feb 21, 2009, 03:06 PM

Just get the Demo.

If you play PS2/PC

just buy the game, its Cheap...

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 21, 2009, 07:42 PM
The way I see it, PSO is more about quality over quantity, while PSU favors quantity over quality. Simple!

fay
Feb 21, 2009, 07:46 PM
or if your cheap or just really skint all the time like me then you can download it for the pc lol.
the full game wont hit you untill online though.

saying that. at least when your offline you dont have to deal with the annoying spammers and beggers

D1ABOLIK
Feb 22, 2009, 02:46 AM
The way I see it, PSO is more about quality over quantity, while PSU favors quantity over quality. Simple!
I absolutely agree with this. I prefer PSO. The best way i can explain it is this - i have over 2000 hours on PSO and still absolutely love it. After i hit around 500 hours on PSU i was bored out of my mind. PSO is very repetitive but i always had fun so it never truly felt too repetitive. PSU is repetitive as well but also feels that way and i find myself extremely bored. Even though PSU is alot faster paced, to me its a snooze fest.

Freeze
Feb 22, 2009, 03:26 AM
This really comes down to personal taste. Is PSU better than BB, my personal opinion is no. Is PSU fun to play and worth getting? I'd say yes, I have enjoyed and still enjoy playing it.

darkante
Feb 22, 2009, 07:44 AM
I feel safe to say now that i have a hard time going back to PSO slow-paced combat.
Itīs not like i donīt like it, i luv both.

But it seems my mind has set a preferable option on PSU.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 22, 2009, 01:47 PM
trying to go back to [PSO] after playing PSU feels like you're going in slow motion.
All of this is true.

Overall, I probably had more fun on BB, but PSU is by far the better game.