PDA

View Full Version : Rare Mission Alert

tadtwisted
Feb 21, 2009, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know if they fixed this or are we still missing out on a ton of rare missions?

Libram
Feb 21, 2009, 10:44 PM
The News posts on the PSOW Main Page have this info, but it is indeed fixed.

Alinorth
Feb 22, 2009, 12:34 AM
The Thursday update would have fixed it

Itachi1990
Feb 22, 2009, 12:48 AM
Yeah its fixed i just got it today.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 22, 2009, 07:27 AM
Hiya all,

That message just appaeared after defeating magashi on S run, is it a rare mission on any planet or one only in carnival?

Thanks

Tifa

AerisZeal
Feb 22, 2009, 07:36 AM
You can take that rare mission wherever you like 'cept the Guardians Colony. Have fun and good luck. :wacko:

darkante
Feb 22, 2009, 07:41 AM
Does it appear on any mission, like if i were to go on Hive for example?

Smidge204
Feb 22, 2009, 07:48 AM
I just got the message:

"[Name] has won the right to play a Rare Free Mission" scrolls in pink text on the right side of the screen right after you clear the current mission. I was solo at the time but I think [Name] would only apply to one person in the party, and likely the leader only. Can anyone confirm/refute that?
=Smidge=

Ail
Feb 22, 2009, 07:52 AM
I just got the message:

"[Name] has won the right to play a Rare Free Mission" scrolls in pink text on the right side of the screen right after you clear the current mission. I was solo at the time but I think [Name] would only apply to one person in the party, and likely the leader only. Can anyone confirm/refute that?
=Smidge=

i had the message of the rare mission, and i wasn't the leader. so, not only the leader can get it °-°

Smidge204
Feb 22, 2009, 07:53 AM
Hive is off the Guardians colony, so you won't see a rare mission there.

Places you will NOT find a rare mission:

- Anywhere on the GUARDIANS Colony (Until Holy Hallucination is released, anyway)
- Event Area
- Inside GUARDIANS branches

=Smidge=

AerisZeal
Feb 22, 2009, 07:54 AM
I'm not sure about that, I know that it use to do that but it wouldn't notify you obviously as that's something they just did. I'd say the only reason it picked it up on the event mission is 'cause A: The event lobby is Parum's Raffon Field Base or B: The Magashi route end's in Parum's Old Rozenom City Area.

Smidge204
Feb 22, 2009, 08:00 AM
Oh wait, maybe I misunderstood the question?

You can trigger a rare mission flag at almost any mission, even team/event missions. (Trade "Missions" don't count, though)

You can only PLAY a rare mission as I described above. ie: If you have the rare mission flag, you won't see it at any of the places I mentioned.

Sorry for any confusion, there.
=Smidge=

Kazemi
Feb 22, 2009, 10:00 AM
from my experiences, you can get a rare mission from any non-single player mission. i have never seen a rare mission from a story mission and i have done way too many runs of those.

Zorak000
Feb 22, 2009, 12:05 PM
This means that now whenever anyone gets a rare mission in a random party, they will leave the party and charge entry. possibly booting them after the last 4-man switch

Itachi1990
Feb 22, 2009, 12:08 PM
Hive is off the Guardians colony, so you won't see a rare mission there.

Places you will NOT find a rare mission:

- Anywhere on the GUARDIANS Colony (Until Holy Hallucination is released, anyway)
- Event Area
- Inside GUARDIANS branches

=Smidge=

I got it in the event area 0.o more then once actually.And anyone in the party could get it.

Vent
Feb 22, 2009, 12:33 PM
Read his second post. :P There's a difference between getting a rare mission after a trial clear and finding one at a counter.

kejen
Feb 22, 2009, 06:32 PM
This means that now whenever anyone gets a rare mission in a random party, they will leave the party and charge entry. possibly booting them after the last 4-man switch

Probably.

I hate mission sellers. There are sooo many ways to make money in this game. Selling a mission is probably the sorriest way, aside from scamming/stealing of course.

moomoopenguin
Feb 22, 2009, 07:59 PM
Has anyone gotten a picture of this yet? I wanna see how much it differs from the Japanese servers :P

Neith
Feb 22, 2009, 08:04 PM
It says something like '[Name] has won the right to play a Rare Free Mission'.

Incase anyone's not sure, you can trigger it in the Survival mission too. Also, you can still get rare missions back to back- my party got PF, then PF again straight away tonight.

Chris28
Feb 22, 2009, 08:58 PM
can you trigger a rare mission after doing the bonus mission?

Astarin
Feb 22, 2009, 11:56 PM
Yes, you can, Chris28. It happened to a member of my party this afternoon, after World of Illusion beta.

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Feb 23, 2009, 12:11 AM
It would definately be useful if someone could post a SS of this.

moomoopenguin
Feb 23, 2009, 12:21 AM
There's one in the screen shot thread

DUN
Feb 23, 2009, 12:43 AM
i just got a message after beating magashi it said dun has the something to do a rare misson where do i go for the rare mission?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 23, 2009, 12:44 AM
http://psupedia.info/Rare_free_missions

Noblewine
Feb 23, 2009, 09:21 AM
I got the rare mission but I didn't see the message. How long ago did sega fix this?

NDW
Feb 23, 2009, 12:55 PM
I got the rare mission but I didn't see the message. How long ago did sega fix this?

Rare free mission text notification was fixed last maintenance.

Darius_Drake
Feb 23, 2009, 01:20 PM

Not me. I have never booted when getting a rare mission and I have never charged anybody to run with me for a rare mission. If I need an extra person to join so I can get to all of the areas in the rare mission and none of my friends are online then somebody will just be blessed for a run.

zxeros
Feb 23, 2009, 02:14 PM
Hmmmmm I wonder does the time being in the mission still count cause I don't see it on psupedia saying it. Does anybody have any clue if it does still?

NDW
Feb 23, 2009, 02:37 PM
Hmmmmm I wonder does the time being in the mission still count cause I don't see it on psupedia saying it. Does anybody have any clue if it does still?

I've heard that is doesn't anymore, but I'd like to know for sure from a reliable source.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 23, 2009, 03:04 PM
This means that now whenever anyone gets a rare mission in a random party, they will leave the party and charge entry. possibly booting them after the last 4-man switchwhats the difference between now and before this update?

Zorak000
Feb 23, 2009, 03:26 PM
whats the difference between now and before this update?

most random party leaders are cool people and would launch the mission with the people they earned it with.

most random party joiners are D-bags, who will now leave the party upon receiving the mission.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 23, 2009, 03:28 PM
whats the difference between now and before this update?

Before, nothing alerted the randoms to the fact that they had it (unless they were the leader).

zxeros
Feb 23, 2009, 03:32 PM
I've heard that is doesn't anymore, but I'd like to know for sure from a reliable source.
I heard that too. But I want to be sure before I start hunting for the red/knight unit again.

afterthoughtz
Feb 23, 2009, 04:53 PM
Ok so i thought the "notice you have rare map" message thing was fixed, well today i ran a few missions and nothing, go to run Dancing Birds and i have it??

Hrith
Feb 23, 2009, 04:58 PM
lol lies

Calliope
Feb 24, 2009, 09:20 PM
Okay, so I'm sure I've seen the rare Mission pop up at a Flyer Base, but to be sure, what are they named? I suspect I've seen them before because after I did a mission, which had its name in Red, I could not find any more on any planet and I had the option to take one on each planet at that time.

ChibiBecca
Feb 24, 2009, 11:32 PM
just had the rare mission come up twice in a row, but oddly enough the rest of the party missed the message appearing at the end of the first rare mission, only will and myself saw it scroll up on the screen. (or perhaps they ignored it, thinking someone had picked up a rare).

Swiftstrike
Feb 28, 2009, 04:05 AM
My friend and I completed the mission and this scrolled across the right of the screen: "[name] has won the right to a rare free mission". My friend was the one named, and I was the leader. I made him leader and we did the Illusinary shaft on Parum. We completed it will no issue. Later, I was by myself and noticed I could do the mission agian (i have never recived the "free mission" text after the first). It appears that each party member gets the right to a mission (so a party of 4 can do it 4 times, or each person by themself, or any combination in between).

Libram
Feb 28, 2009, 04:09 AM
That is incorrect. A party I was with decided to check if they had the rare missions as the first thing they did the Friday of the update, and we ended up having four characters that had the flag. One run we managed to get another after the mission ended. It only went to one person.

NDW
Feb 28, 2009, 10:11 AM
My friend and I completed the mission and this scrolled across the right of the screen: "[name] has won the right to a rare free mission". My friend was the one named, and I was the leader. I made him leader and we did the Illusinary shaft on Parum. We completed it will no issue. Later, I was by myself and noticed I could do the mission agian (i have never recived the "free mission" text after the first). It appears that each party member gets the right to a mission (so a party of 4 can do it 4 times, or each person by themself, or any combination in between).

Impossible, the rare free mission only distributes to one person when someone is awarded it.

The only explanation that I can think of for your situation is that you had the rare free mission before the text notification was fixed or you had received it before and didn't notice.

EDIT: Libram beat me to it. D:

Swiftstrike
Mar 1, 2009, 05:10 AM
strange, I would have noticed if i had the notification. I drive my friends crazy becuase i make a habit of voicing EVERYTHING that shows up on the right side of my screen.

x1on3x
Mar 3, 2009, 12:20 PM
You can still disband, and still get it. But it will show up more on the leader

Shinko
Mar 3, 2009, 12:50 PM
Impossible, the rare free mission only distributes to one person when someone is awarded it.

No thats not ture. I seen it say me and someone has the right to do a rare mission. he left and did it his self and i party with the party. Yes i'm not lying.

Kylie
Mar 3, 2009, 01:07 PM
We were doing Bruce yesterday (yeah, I don't know why either), and our leader got the rare message. I didn't think you could get it on party missions, but I guess it just doesn't show up at those counters.

Anyway, I love this feature. I've done so many rare missions lately. :D

NDW
Mar 3, 2009, 03:29 PM
I seen it say me and someone has the right to do a rare mission. he left and did it his self and i party with the party. Yes i'm not lying.

Really, you both received the rare free mission in the same run?

I'm going to have to call "pics or it didn't happen" on that one.