PDA

View Full Version : Info on PSO and PSZ?

Zikielia
Feb 22, 2009, 12:18 PM
I saw the PSO ad in the Nintendo Power mag and I thought it looked really fun, but I wasn't sure exactly what systems it was for. I also have some other questions... Do all of the games connect to the internet? And does anyone know if Phantasy Star Zero will? And im not exactly sure about ths storyline either. :-?

RemiusTA
Feb 22, 2009, 12:33 PM
1) PS0 = PSZ = Phantasy Star Zero. (0 = Zero.) Not to be confused with PSO, in which the O is an "O" and not a "0" (zero) and where this "O" stands for "Online", as in "Phantasy Star Online". Got it memorized?

(PS0/Z was most likely named with the Zero in it specifically to tie it in with Phantasy Star Online name, since they are so similar.)

2) Phantasy Star Zero is for the nintendo DS only. (Hence it being in the Nintendo Power magazine.)

3) Yes, PSZ uses the Wifi connection of the Nintendo DS.

4) i didnt care much for the storyline since it looks like they changed the artist, and i dont think the Phantasy Star Online (series) style even works without the original PSO/PSU artist making them work. Looks way too kiddie and childish.

feiticeira
Feb 23, 2009, 08:45 AM
So if I'm reading that correctly, you're saying the visual style determines the strength of the story? Are the artists are pulling double duty and handling scenario design as well?

Segya
Feb 23, 2009, 03:59 PM
Well, I don't know what he meant but I disliked the story. (I suck at japanese though and skipped most of it)

I liked the new art direction though. (minus the anime cutscenes, I didn't like them that much)

They should have copied Etrian Odyssey 1's story or something...

Zikielia
Feb 23, 2009, 06:39 PM
1) PS0 = PSZ = Phantasy Star Zero. (0 = Zero.)* Not to be confused with PSO, in which the O is an "O" and not a "0" (zero) and where this "O" stands for "Online", as in "Phantasy Star Online". Got it memorized?(PS0/Z was most likely named with the Zero in it specifically to tie it in with Phantasy Star Online name, since they are so similar.)2) Phantasy Star Zero is for the nintendo DS only. (Hence it being in the Nintendo Power magazine.)3) Yes, PSZ uses the Wifi connection of the Nintendo DS.4) i didnt care much for the storyline since it looks like they changed the artist, and i dont think the Phantasy Star Online (series) style even works without the original PSO/PSU artist making them work. Looks way too kiddie and childish.
Thankkkk youuuu! I did some research about it also, so it all makes sense now :D

PaladinRPG
Mar 8, 2009, 10:47 PM
I liked the new art direction though. (minus the anime cutscenes, I didn't like them that much)
While a bit on the cute side, I think the art style works out well for the target audience of the DS. I admit I get a slight kick out of how humans have this whole wild west thing going on though. ^^;

The anime-style cutscenes definitely are a plus in my book however. Kind of that sign that Sega is actually trying a little harder to set PS0 as its own unique game rather than a straight rehash of the old PSO. As for the storyline, well I am not expecting miracles when it comes out stateside... but hopefully it's not entirely bland. (PSIV caliber the online series is not :-()

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 14, 2009, 03:13 PM
I really like the art style from screen shots and stuff i've seen (CHIBI RULES!)