PDA

View Full Version : Commericals, in MY DVD?

Shadowpawn
Feb 24, 2009, 10:12 PM
It's more likely then you think.

What the hell, I PAID for this movie and I'm being bombarded by commercials. I thought having the product at home on a recordable device freed me from commercials!? >_> Will someone tell me why there was 3 minutes worth of ads in here!?

Outrider
Feb 24, 2009, 10:37 PM
What DVD is it?

SpikeOtacon
Feb 24, 2009, 11:01 PM
They did that on The Dark Knight's DVD. If I play it on my computer I can skip the commercials using VLC, but even the second disc with bonus content has 15 minutes of advertisements.

I really want to kill someone for that.

Firocket1690
Feb 24, 2009, 11:06 PM
... You don't watch enough Disney movies. They boot up the advertisement in the intro before the main menu. Then somewhere in the main menu, there's an option to look up upcoming features/future releases/more ads.

Yeah, its roughly 7-15 min total.

Shadowpawn
Feb 24, 2009, 11:42 PM
What DVD is it?

The Dark Knight, and I see Spike shares my concern.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 25, 2009, 12:43 AM
It's more likely then you think.

What the hell, I PAID for this movie and I'm being bombarded by commercials. I thought having the product at home on a recordable device freed me from commercials!? >_> Will someone time me why there was 3 minutes worth of ads in here!?
Holy shit, I was just thinking that while watching Hancock earlier.

Dammit, I bought the scene skip mabob so I WOULDN'T have to watch the previews.

Shadowpawn
Feb 25, 2009, 02:20 AM
Well now I know what to expect from Hancock, as I bought both the Dark Knight and it from Circuit City on the same day. Awesome.

Weeaboolits
Feb 25, 2009, 05:26 AM
If you mash the menu button during the transition between scenes you can skip them.

Sayara
Mar 1, 2009, 11:27 AM
suddenly http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/Texads.jpg

Shadowpawn
Mar 1, 2009, 11:29 AM
Funny thing is I've read an article where a high school teacher was selling ad space on his tests. So I think they've gone beyond just putting ads in textbooks. If they could they would allocate ad space in your brain. Just imagine going to sleep and having a dream about Fanta soda.

Sayara
Mar 1, 2009, 11:47 AM
Id probably kill my self.

Solstis
Mar 1, 2009, 06:05 PM
Id probably kill my self.

As you begin considering suicide:

"Buy John's Razor Blades! 100% Effective, Guaranteed!"

"Robert's Funeral Service! The Guests Will Shed Tears of Joy!"

"Found Religion? Contact the Space Pope's Hotline Today!"

Blitzkommando
Mar 1, 2009, 09:13 PM
What. What? I remember having to fast forward for "upcoming releases" with VHS tapes nearly 20 years ago. Commercials have been part of home videos since the beginning. Or do the 'upcoming releases' and 'now playing' and 'now on home video' commercials not count as commercials?

Sayara
Mar 1, 2009, 09:22 PM
IM IN DESPAIR
THE OVERUSE OF ADS IN MY SUICIDE HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIRRRRRR!!

Nitro Vordex
Mar 1, 2009, 09:28 PM
What. What? I remember having to fast forward for "upcoming releases" with VHS tapes nearly 20 years ago. Commercials have been part of home videos since the beginning. Or do the 'upcoming releases' and 'now playing' and 'now on home video' commercials not count as commercials?
We know there's advertising.

The point is we're forced to watch it on something we can skip.

A lot of other DVD's have a seperate menu for ads.

Blitzkommando
Mar 1, 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm afraid I'm lost then. I don't remember not being able to skip through the commercials on both of those movies. Though, perhaps it is different on the DVD versions compared to Blu-Ray.

astuarlen
Mar 1, 2009, 10:12 PM
having a dream about Fanta soda.

What, don't you wanta?
I'll never understand you.

Outrider
Mar 2, 2009, 12:35 AM
Y'know, I just watched the Dark Knight earlier this evening, and I was able to skip through the previews.

IT WASN'T SO BAD, GUYS.

Shadowpawn
Mar 2, 2009, 12:36 AM
Horrible lies, Outrider. Lies.

astuarlen
Mar 2, 2009, 01:19 AM
Y'know, I just watched the Dark Knight earlier this evening, and I was able to skip through the previews.

IT WASN'T SO BAD, GUYS.

I usually do jumping jacks or jump rope.

Ranmaru
Mar 2, 2009, 08:50 AM
Funny thing is I've read an article where a high school teacher was selling ad space on his tests. So I think they've gone beyond just putting ads in textbooks. If they could they would allocate ad space in your brain. Just imagine going to sleep and having a dream about Fanta soda.

I think I have had one of those... >_>

Outrider
Mar 2, 2009, 10:13 AM
I usually do jumping jacks or jump rope.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, SKIPPING IS MANLY.

astuarlen
Mar 2, 2009, 04:38 PM
Aye aye, skipper.
http://www.fashion-doll-guide.com/image-files/vintage-skipper-dolls.jpg