PDA

View Full Version : Additional Character Slots Petition

Illuminate
Feb 24, 2009, 11:01 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=1159575#1159575

Greetings, I may not be a very active member of the board, but it's helped me in a few instances, and I've posted before... Several times at least.

I'd like to introduce myself.

Some of you may know me in game as
Meroné, or Ruga, with fancy accents, of course.

I've made a petition thread for additional character slots, and I'd like you to go to the above link, to hear me out.

Please keep your feedback at least somewhat polite.
And well, if you want to eat my head off, best keep that to yourself. It's pointless babble.

Kion
Feb 25, 2009, 01:12 AM
This has been tried. Here`s the previous attempt: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121931&highlight=character+slot+petition

Personally i don`t see the need now that PA`s are convertable back to disks. Four slots are enough for one of each race and the ability to change and customize as you will. If you`re a super PSU fan then springing for another account might be a solution. A system that allows you to have as many slots as you want to make or delete characters, but the way PSU works as a social game, it might be a problem for the people you run with to remember your name.

The way the game is set up to allow you to change classes and PA`s four is enough. If you have all of them maxed out and are dying for more, you may want to go out side or read a book or something...

ashley50
Feb 25, 2009, 01:27 AM
Not gonna happen bud :)

D1ABOLIK
Feb 25, 2009, 02:49 AM
This has been tried. Here`s the previous attempt: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121931&highlight=character+slot+petition

Personally i don`t see the need now that PA`s are convertable back to disks. Four slots are enough for one of each race and the ability to change and customize as you will. If you`re a super PSU fan then springing for another account might be a solution. A system that allows you to have as many slots as you want to make or delete characters, but the way PSU works as a social game, it might be a problem for the people you run with to remember your name.

The way the game is set up to allow you to change classes and PA`s four is enough. If you have all of them maxed out and are dying for more, you may want to go out side or read a book or something...

Agree. We do not need more than 4. If anyone feels they do then they should go outside, or if they dont like that option then spring for the extra account. If you love it that much an extra 10 bucks a month is nothing.

dexter_safe
Feb 25, 2009, 08:16 AM
maybe ppl want both sex of all races maybe idk. pretty pointless to have more than 4 chars tho unless u have 4 150s then just delete 1 and relvl =P

moomoopenguin
Feb 25, 2009, 09:17 AM
It's really nice actually. I have one character of each sex and race. Granted it is going to be difficult leveling all of those characters, but it's still fun nonetheless :-P

DEM_CIG
Feb 25, 2009, 11:20 AM
I see no point in having more character slots 4 is enough.e

ChibiBecca
Feb 25, 2009, 11:41 AM
an extra slot or two would be nice for those of us who share an account. only one character is really mine, and it'd also be fun to try out different races as we ended up with no beast character.
deleting an existing character would be a total waste of the time put into leveling them.

Illuminate
Feb 25, 2009, 11:49 AM
Honestly, I can agree with all the opinions stated prior.

I also stated in my PSU Forums post, that perhaps we could purchase extra slots, for a one time price, perhaps.

kejen
Feb 25, 2009, 11:51 AM
deleting an existing character would be a total waste of the time put into leveling them.

Playing video games is a total waste of time anyway.

Calsetes
Feb 25, 2009, 12:28 PM
I agree with most people that 4 slots is plenty, unless you have to have one of every race / gender combination. In that case, buying extra character slots would be more worthwhile, though instead of a one-time charge, maybe do it like FFXI and charge a dollar per slot? It brings in that extra little bit of revenue from people who want more characters for either usage or mules (that was the whole point of 2 alts for me in FFXI), and it makes the company a bit more money overall, which could be used to increase their productivity. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why they have so many problems and take so long to fix them is because with the population on the PC servers shrinking as quickly as it is, it's a revenue problem (i.e. not many people play from the PC servers, so their overall revenue from running both servers is cut, which results in a cut of manpower on their end to deal with problems).

Although, that's all assuming they can even perform some kind of an upgrade like this with the stuff they have - it might need a massive rewrite in coding or something, and that takes us back to the revenue thing, not to mention the fact that something could go majorly wrong and everyone loses all their data. You see how people complain that a 50% weapon up for sale in their shop was stolen or hacked or whatever, imagine if everything they had, including their character, disappeared into the "computer codal abyss."

Either way, I probably wouldn't use any other slots for characters, other than making joke characters (Captain EO, Backwoods Bubba, 12-year-old-kid, things like that).

That's just my 2 cents on the whole thing.

sikotic_demon
Feb 25, 2009, 01:11 PM
I could go for having atleast 2 extra spots on my account..... I don't care you can call me what you want and tell me i have no life.... the reason i would like them is because i dont want 4 level 150 charecters that have all jobs at lvl 20 yet i also do not want to be deleting charecters i have put loads of time into either. it is also helpful when helping lower levels when you have a charecter around their level range. i try with my lvl 117 acrotecher but it gets too boring just healing and buffing however anthing i hit dies in one or two shots.

-Aurora-
Feb 25, 2009, 01:22 PM
Another character slot would be great! >.< (all 4 characters is 480+/500) better yet more storage for each character!!!!

darkante
Feb 25, 2009, 01:40 PM
I could go for one more slot for...

Newman Female? Forget that, one snexy character is enough. :3
Humans? No never ever...but i could have a slot for...

Beast Male. Hyes!(Not really just for brute force, but using some kind of super-power is nice..i could imagine him as Acrofighter)

Chuck_Norris
Feb 25, 2009, 03:43 PM
I agree. I'd love some other slots. In the spring update, JP is able to use their common box for all 8 characters, right? You can even have 8 in PSP. I don't see why everyone is so negative about it. What could it hurt?

hyperacute
Feb 25, 2009, 04:12 PM
Would be nice to have additional slots even just for the extended storage (although a bigger common box would be just as good for that). Not sure I have the time to raise more characters but always good to have the option.

Illuminate
Feb 25, 2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys for the awesome support.
And the not so awesome criticism.

Swiftstrike
Feb 28, 2009, 03:54 AM
Playing video games is a total waste of time anyway.

Said by a true troll.

I think Calsetes has one of the best ideas.
Extra slots for those who want it and extra money for the company to develop more things. It helps us all.

As with the fear of a massive data wipe? Very small chance. Most MMORPG companies have various backups and fail safes in place.

BIGGIEstyle
Feb 28, 2009, 04:07 AM
I agree, 8 slots would be awesome. I've been having a horrid time trying to get the 100+ cards from my main account on my alt account so I can see if people are on :P