PDA

View Full Version : The love inferno hunt

Meta77
Feb 25, 2009, 09:57 AM
hard to find one. When the white day event starts i want to go hunting for one for my Gf but i would like to know the best spot to find one is and is it hard to find them our are people just lazy and give up after like 2 runs of hunting for it.

fay
Feb 25, 2009, 10:07 AM
probably 99-100% of the 360 server was hunting it last year.
only a few were found. apparently people found over 400 jaggo spawns (not seperate jaggos) and still didnt see it drop

need i say more?

oh btw. most people will spam the usuall...white beast. personally. im gonna do awoken serpant

Chris28
Feb 25, 2009, 10:10 AM
phantom fissure...duh!

Meta77
Feb 25, 2009, 10:14 AM
so white beast or awoken serphant. which do you think is better

ZeroKamikaze
Feb 25, 2009, 10:22 AM
More or less, 360 players run White beast for jaggos and do phantom fissure when given the chance. Personally I didnt bother hunting it... though this year I guess I'll need something to do... and yes fay most of the 360 playerbase was hunting for it... It just didnt want to be found I guess...

Also don't forget about Foran waterfall on Parum.

fay
Feb 25, 2009, 10:33 AM
phantom fissure...duh!

apparently sega is removing the rare mission for white day

Smidge204
Feb 25, 2009, 10:40 AM
Awoken Serpent actually looks like a good spot.

- You get a total of 6 Jaggo (versus White Beast's 4 total) which is helps your chances of a drop.

- Enemies are lower level in AS than in WB but still within range (100 vs. 110)

- No Kakwane in AS.

- Spawn patterns are clearer in AS, which makes it easier to identify rare spawn maps. (WB has a variant with rare spawn that is identical to a variant without, so you won't know if it's a rare spawn map until you get there.)

- De Rol Le is easier than Alterazgohg, IMHO... if you care to go that far.

I'll choose Awoken Serpent.
=Smidge=

fay
Feb 25, 2009, 10:47 AM
Awoken Serpent actually looks like a good spot.

- You get a total of 6 Jaggo (versus White Beast's 4 total) which is helps your chances of a drop.

- Enemies are lower level in AS than in WB but still within range (100 vs. 110)

- No Kakwane in AS.

- Spawn patterns are clearer in AS, which makes it easier to identify rare spawn maps. (WB has a variant with rare spawn that is identical to a variant without, so you won't know if it's a rare spawn map until you get there.)

- De Rol Le is easier than Alterazgohg, IMHO... if you care to go that far.

I'll choose Awoken Serpent.
=Smidge=

ill see you there.
iv been trying to convince people to go to awoken serpant for ages instead of WB in this case. no one ever listens though. maby your points will help add to my point

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 25, 2009, 10:50 AM
apparently sega is removing the rare mission for white day
Why would they do that? They never removed any rare missions for any other seasonal events :P

Meta77
Feb 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
hmm i dont think there going to remove the rare mission.

darkante
Feb 25, 2009, 11:59 AM
Rare mission removal sounds like a joke?
Anyway, White Beast is a good spot.
If you can stand that mission that is, they appear more frequently there IMO then Awoken Serpent last year.

Hopefully, it actually drops lol. Killing over 150+ Jaggo Amures getting nothing isnīt fun.

Smidge204
Feb 25, 2009, 12:41 PM
Anyway, White Beast is a good spot.
If you can stand that mission that is, they appear more frequently there IMO then Awoken Serpent last year.

Might I suggest you feel they appear in that mission more frequently because you... wait for it.. spam it more often?

Both missions have the same number of map/spawn variants: 12. Both missions have the same number of variants that yield rare spawns: 3.

Assuming* each variant has an equal chance of occurring, then both missions should have the same chance of a rare spawn: 3 in 12 (Or 25%)

Since AS has more Jaggos than WB, it makes sense that AS is a better place to hunt.
=Smidge=
* ...but you know what they say about assumptions.

Darius_Drake
Feb 25, 2009, 12:46 PM
Might I suggest you feel they appear in that mission more frequently because you... wait for it.. spam it more often?

Both missions have the same number of map/spawn variants: 12. Both missions have the same number of variants that yield rare spawns: 3.

Assuming* each variant has an equal chance of occurring, then both missions should have the same chance of a rare spawn: 3 in 12 (Or 25%)

Since AS has more Jaggos than WB, it makes sense that AS is a better place to hunt.
=Smidge=

That is why I was hunting there last year in the final days. Couldn't take White Beast any more, but when I found out that there were more Jaggos that was all the convincing I needed. I find the Alterazgoug an easier kill than De Rol Le, but does that really matter when hunting Jaggos? This year I will start my hunt and end my hunt with Awoken Serpent.

fay
Feb 25, 2009, 12:53 PM
i shall see you there aswell then =]

LP_Phoenix
Feb 25, 2009, 01:23 PM
ill do both^^
awoken serpent for grenades pa leveling (drua's)
white beast for boss drops like serafi senba...

when im bored from one of the missions, ill do the other one
with lv 150 chars it should be no problem to kill everything

Powder Keg
Feb 25, 2009, 01:29 PM
May as well have fun with some White Beast Online for a while, since the boss drops aren't bad and Phantom Fissure is right there anyway.

darkante
Feb 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

=Smidge=

Maybe, but i have really tried getting rare spawn on Awoken Serpent as well but only got like 2 rare spawns. But i know what you mean.
I feel it went faster anyway looking for spawns at WB.

Meta77
Feb 25, 2009, 01:39 PM
id prefer not to do white beast. to many players spam him. i dont know why but they do.

darkante
Feb 25, 2009, 01:44 PM
id prefer not to do white beast. to many players spam him. i dont know why but they do.

Serafi-Senba with 4 slots and can be made any element and all job classes can use it.

End of reason. =)

Namine
Feb 25, 2009, 01:50 PM
I think once we know what 150+ Jaggo Amure drop, it might make a difference in which mission players will run. If they are like the 150+ Rappy Amure, and drop the made product, I'm sure most will spam White Beast.

darkante
Feb 25, 2009, 01:52 PM
I think once we know what 150+ Jaggo Amure drop, it might make a difference in which mission players will run. If they are like the 150+ Rappy Amure, and drop the made product, I'm sure most will spam White Beast.

Yeah, hopefully they do. Donīt really care if the value of it drops, iīm just pist that me and pretty much everyone else got ditched of the chance to get one even thou you pretty much spended all your free-time to get those rare spawns at that time-period.

They promised a extra week, because of their clumse maintence thingy back then but no...ST lied as always.

stukasa
Feb 25, 2009, 01:55 PM
Why force yourself to spam only one mission? :-? I'm going to hunt it at WB with my techer and AS with my gunner. It cuts down on boredom/burnout that way. ^^ And hopefully I'll get PF along the way!

darkante
Feb 25, 2009, 01:59 PM
Why force yourself to spam only one mission? :-? I'm going to hunt it at WB with my techer and AS with my gunner. It cuts down on boredom/burnout that way. ^^ And hopefully I'll get PF along the way!

Say that to ST plan to make pretty much every new event a one mission spam-out.
But if there is a thing i really want, i can take alot of repetivness to achieve it.

Calsetes
Feb 25, 2009, 02:03 PM
I plan on finding 2 or 3 missions that have jaggos spawn on them and probably just alternating them every few runs or so. Maybe I'll spam one if I find mission X has a higher chance of giving me a rare map than the others, but it's going to pretty much be based on two things:

1. How many Jaggos spawn at a time?
2. How easy is it to tell if it's a rare map?
3. What is the average velocity of an unladen swallow in flight?
4. Who else can I get to go with me?
5. Does it look like the environment is made out of snot and baby-puke? (Some of the Neudaiz missions are kinda... ugh)

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 25, 2009, 02:23 PM
dont the jaggos in foran waterfall drop it?

Namine
Feb 25, 2009, 02:26 PM
Jaggo Amure 100+ should drop it, but I think AOTI mission enemies have a better chance of dropping their 'rares'

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 25, 2009, 02:44 PM
ok lol i got one last year but i ran so many missiions with my hunting buddy @ white beast and AS but mostly foran i was half asleep and so was she we had gotten a few love heart line boards and along the lines some where one of us picked up the love iinferno lol it was in my inventory when i checked later that night but which mission ill never know :dead::whip:

Darius_Drake
Feb 25, 2009, 02:47 PM
i shall see you there aswell then =]

Just holla at me then. I will most likely be using my beast character Torin who always seems to be at max level or my cast gunner Sonya.

GreenArcher
Feb 25, 2009, 03:41 PM

Hopefully, it actually drops lol. Killing over 150+ Jaggo Amures getting nothing isnīt fun.

Try 400+ Jaggo Amures and getting nothing, that's no where near as fun.

But definitely go for Awoken Serpent, that's where I was last year.

Kazemi
Feb 25, 2009, 06:28 PM
Both missions have the same number of map/spawn variants: 12. Both missions have the same number of variants that yield rare spawns: 3.if the rare spawns showed up that often they wouldn't be rare now would they? :p its been determined that not all missions have the same chance of the rare variation showing up so that's already been debunked anyways.

I think once we know what 150+ Jaggo Amure drop, it might make a difference in which mission players will run. If they are like the 150+ Rappy Amure, and drop the made product, I'm sure most will spam White Beast.santa rappies still dropped the board at lv 150+ so the amure drop could just be special since there really isn't much special to the love bow.

Jaggo Amure 100+ should drop it, but I think AOTI mission enemies have a better chance of dropping their 'rares'not confusing it with how rare spawns tend to show up more often in AOTI missions than older missions are we? co-op missions have higher chances of getting the rare spawns so dual sentinel would be equal to AOTI missions in getting jaggos.

Meta77
Feb 25, 2009, 08:06 PM
dang so it seems it may be pretty hard to find then....hmm oh well

Zorak000
Feb 25, 2009, 08:13 PM
Don't forget Caves of ice, although there are only 2 jaggos per rare spawn, at 2 blocks it is really short, for those who don't want to get so far into AS just to find they got a bad map

also, It is believed that monsters of higher-level have a better chance to drop rares (i.e. a Lv 149 jaggo can potentially drop more frequently than a lv 100 jaggo)

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 25, 2009, 09:21 PM
well i wont hunt that hard this year im waiting for the adahna degahna cannon to come out anyway\

on a side note im on the psp demo C-20 unless everyone is in a diff room :whip:

Commodity
Feb 25, 2009, 09:46 PM
But definitely go for Awoken Serpent, that's where I was last year.
And how did that go for you?

Try 400+ Jaggo Amures and getting nothing, that's no where near as fun.

Hohoho.

But I'll probably do whatever and count on Phantom Fissure whenever I get it. If last years Valentine's event was any indication with the love bow, I have little doubt that Love Inferno will remain as elusive as it was.

jayster
Feb 26, 2009, 01:31 AM
And how did that go for you?

Hohoho.

But I'll probably do whatever and count on Phantom Fissure whenever I get it. If last years Valentine's event was any indication with the love bow, I have little doubt that Love Inferno will remain as elusive as it was.

Don't forget, it even tells us when we have the rare mission now so no one will miss it! I have a theory that almost everyone who wants a love inferno will have one.

Last year I could run WB S pretty fast as a 130 fortegunner 20. Now I have 20 more levels, gunmaster, and level 50 pa's. Awoken Serpant and WB should be cake.

I also believe that anyone defending the Love Inferno's rarity has one and feels threatened that it'll lose value. My guess is that you'll be able to buy love infernos for 10 mil.

darkante
Feb 26, 2009, 06:50 AM
Don't forget, it even tells us when we have the rare mission now so no one will miss it! I have a theory that almost everyone who wants a love inferno will have one.

Last year I could run WB S pretty fast as a 130 fortegunner 20. Now I have 20 more levels, gunmaster, and level 50 pa's. Awoken Serpant and WB should be cake.

I also believe that anyone defending the Love Inferno's rarity has one and feels threatened that it'll lose value. My guess is that you'll be able to buy love infernos for 10 mil.

Love inferno for 10? Oh my..that would be sweat if it came to it. :3

Aeris
Feb 26, 2009, 07:09 AM
Love inferno for 10? Oh my..that would be sweat if it came to it. :3

I whould buy me 3 or more if it was that price.

darkante
Feb 26, 2009, 07:14 AM
I whould buy me 3 or more if it was that price.

Yeah same, but hopefully i donīt have too. Itīs more fun to hunt stuff. XP

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 26, 2009, 07:50 AM
adahna degahna cannon is the next love inferno:whip:

Soda
Feb 26, 2009, 08:22 AM

I also believe that anyone defending the Love Inferno's rarity has one and feels threatened that it'll lose value. My guess is that you'll be able to buy love infernos for 10 mil.I have one and I know this thing will drop more this time.I actually bought like 3 for 60mil last year(boards) and found 2

jayster
Feb 26, 2009, 09:14 PM
The only thing I can see that won't make the price dramatically drop is if Shred the Darkness comes out right during it and everyone's to busy running that instead. Even still, people will still know when they get PF and they'll drop a lot from that. And who knows, maybe the event will have jaggos.. I mean, this carnival has rappies. If anyone knew, that'd be cool.

I have one and I know this thing will drop more this time.I actually bought like 3 for 60mil last year(boards) and found 2

I didn't say that everyone who has one is defending it's value. I said that people who defend it's value probably have one.