PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU More AOTI supplemental update info (Feb. 27, Famitsu)

EspioKaos
Feb 27, 2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/090227b.html

Here's a little more info on the upcoming AOTI supplemental update from the latest issue of Famitsu Connect!On, courtesy of Shougai PSO. (Some of the info is being repeated from older sources, but I'll translate it all anyway for the sake of completeness.)

Items
* Over 150 new weapons will be added with this update. And of those, over 100 will have new, unique graphics.

Events
* Aside from their plans to accept new weapon designs for the weapon design contest, SonicTeam will also be accepting new clothing and parts designs.
* The winners will have their designs added to the game.
* As far as large-scale events go, they will continue to occur after this update hits, however no details have been released on what the next event will be.

GUARDIANS Cash
* As we know, limitations will be put on how far you can increase the elemental attribute of a weapon or line shield. It seems that 40% may be that limit.
* The price for GUARDIANS Cash missions has not been set.

GUARDIANS Advanced Style
* This is the official name of the stat customization feature where a capped character can convert excess EXP into points that can be used toward increasing their ATP, TP, status effect resistance, etc.
* Details are still scarce on the weapon/shield/extra style customization features, but it now seems that these customizations can be used only in supplemental update-exclusive missions. (This makes me believe that the customization offered here is not a stat customization, but more of a visual thing. Perhaps you can give your character unique animations with certain weapons?)

Missions with restrictions
* Producer Sakai says that some of these new missions will be very close in style to PSO's challenge mode.
* Character level restriction -- no details.
* Type level restriction -- no details.
* Weapon type restrictions -- only certain categories of weapons may be used. For example, a particular mission may make it where only twin sabers can be used for striking weapons, but all TECHNIC weapons are free-to-use. (Free-to-use based on type, at least. Don't expect to be able to use a weapon not associated with your Guardian type.)
* TECHNIC restrictions -- particular TECHNICs are restricted from use in the mission.
* Unit restriction -- certain line shield slots may be made unavailable for the missions. For example, a mission may allow only the use of a line shield's arm slot, but no others even if the shield has them available.
* Other restrictions have been discussed (SUV weapon, nanoblast, recovery items), but not confirmed to be implemented yet.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 27, 2009, 10:53 AM
* Over 150 new weapons will be added with this update. And of those, over 100 will have new, unique graphics.
And of those, over 50 of them will be reskins of reskins.

Mission restrictions sound baaaad (like Michael Jackson?), restricted TECHNIQUE is basically shouting out "hey forces, DON'T PLAY HERE!", maybe the enemies in those missions are melee and bullet resistant - why not just give the enemies more HP instead?

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 27, 2009, 10:56 AM
No, perhaps is "Techers! No way you use Nosdiga here!" I hope the rewards will be worth in restricted missions.

The PSO weapons will count as those of ~100 new weapon graphics?

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2009, 11:00 AM

Mission restrictions sound baaaad (like Michael Jackson?), restricted TECHNIQUE is basically shouting out "hey forces, DON'T PLAY HERE!", maybe the enemies in those missions are melee and bullet resistant - why not just give the enemies more HP instead?

The limitation missions could be very good or very bad. If done correctly, these missions will reward those players who take the time to master more than 2-3 techs/Melee weapons/guns. If done incorrectly then, yes, it will prove to make these missions unplayable for certain job types.

In general, I'm hoping that ST has heard the complaints from the community (along with the drop in revenue for this game!) and will take their time to release this expansion to "fix" their sloppy handling of this franchise. I hope they have pride and are disappointed with their work so far (as they should be).

Illuminate
Feb 27, 2009, 11:08 AM
Ohhh! Daaarn, they're taking designs for clothing? That's gonna be awesome. I so hope this comes regional, heck, if it doesn't, I'll probably switch to the Japanese servers.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 27, 2009, 11:15 AM
Well, I hope they don't do something stupid such as:
'kill the enemy using matching elements',
'kill enemy using only normal attacks',
'dodge gaozoran foie while wearing ice armor',
'defeat the enemy using only confuse traps',
'using only Renga Chujin-Shou, defeat the enemy within 10 seconds', or
'synth every item in the game - 10 G'.

They might as well increase the enemy HP by 2-3 fold than force us to use fixed attacks against the enemy. I'm scared...

I hope they have pride and are disappointed with their work so far
Pride in the fact that they just alienated 99% of their PS2 userbase by going PC onry?

Yunfa
Feb 27, 2009, 11:25 AM
I beat Challenge Mode online using a force, it was tough, but mad fun. Resetting everything from the beginning and starting like that, now that takes skill.

Arika
Feb 27, 2009, 11:45 AM
Yay more news!

lately, this thread always popular, while JP normal update thread rarely has 2nd page.

the design contest surely something good to go, but I hate the restriction up to 40% limited, instead of saying that you can increase it +10% or +20% from whatever base %.

Unit restrict mission make me image of a mission full of barta, but no freeze/resist allow, full of megid that no vijeir/resist allow.
Nobody will play restrict mission until their drop worth. Hope they know this fact.

Those 50 items are the + version of the all the remain existing item.
Orogi Agito (15* of repca)
Madam/Van brella+
Silence claw+
etc.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 27, 2009, 12:00 PM
well im glad to hear we wont be seeing everyone with 40%+ armas lines or serafi senbas i hunted hard an synthed a ton of them to get what i have:whip:

although it would be nice to get my 9/9 fire repca to 40% :whip: and my 10/10 butis to 40%:whip:

EspioKaos
Feb 27, 2009, 12:06 PM
Those 50 items are the + version of the all the remain existing item.

I have this horrible feeling that the other 50+ will just be weapons that are already in the game, just unreleased. (Ice Sword Mil/Lum/Pi, etc.) That way, they'd be "new," even though you've already paid for them. On the other hand, this would at least give PS2 users something to look forward to. Well, kind of. <_<;

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2009, 12:17 PM
Pride in the fact that they just alienated 99% of their PS2 userbase by going PC onry?

It's not so much "alienation" as it is the obsoleteness of an 8 year old console. I'm pretty sure that a top 'o the line PC from 8 years ago wouldn't be able to run this game very well either. Again, ST's error of not having the foresight to predict this. I hope they are now developing the NEXT iteration of this game for the next generation of consoles (PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 2 or whatever they will call it).

Dhylec
Feb 27, 2009, 12:21 PM
Well, I hope they don't do something stupid such as:
'kill the enemy using matching elements',
'kill enemy using only normal attacks',
'dodge gaozoran foie while wearing ice armor',
'defeat the enemy using only confuse traps',
'using only Renga Chujin-Shou, defeat the enemy within 10 seconds', or
'synth every item in the game - 10 G'.

They might as well increase the enemy HP by 2-3 fold than force us to use fixed attacks against the enemy. I'm scared...

Don't give them anymore ideas. ;3
Seeing how this supplement is heavily fan-involved.

Volcompat321
Feb 27, 2009, 12:39 PM
It's not so much "alienation" as it is the obsoleteness of an 8 year old console. I'm pretty sure that a top 'o the line PC from 8 years ago wouldn't be able to run this game very well either. Again, ST's error of not having the foresight to predict this. I hope they are now developing the NEXT iteration of this game for the next generation of consoles (PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 2 or whatever they will call it).

why skip ps3? its a good system, and it runs psu on it fine. it would be great to have for the non back compatible ps3 users. i use pc(which is fine) but i would like to use my ps3...(not back compatible) and "ps4, 360 2" would probably cost so much that people wouldnt pay for them JUST to play psu...i know i wouldnt...ps3 is still pretty expensive, 360 are not soo expensive, but still high priced.

Cell132
Feb 27, 2009, 01:17 PM
So they're doing a design contest for Weapons and Clothing? Hopefully some of us from the US can take part as well. I'm not holding my breath though.

stukasa
Feb 27, 2009, 01:44 PM
Events
* Aside from their plans to accept new weapon designs for the weapon design contest, SonicTeam will also be accepting new clothing and parts designs.
* The winners will have their designs added to the game.
I like this idea, too bad it's probably JP-only...

GUARDIANS Cash
* As we know, limitations will be put on how far you can increase the elemental attribute of a weapon or line shield. It seems that 40% may be that limit.
Actually I kind of like this. It means that no matter how much real money you're willing to spend, no one can just "buy" 50% weapons/line shields. If you want to have the best gear you have to work for it.

GUARDIANS Advanced Style
* Details are still scarce on the weapon/shield/extra style customization features, but it now seems that these customizations can be used only in supplemental update-exclusive missions. (This makes me believe that the customization offered here is not a stat customization, but more of a visual thing. Perhaps you can give your character unique animations with certain weapons?)
I don't know what to think about this. Unique animations sounds cool, but you can only see them in special missions? I don't like that very much.

Missions with restrictions
* Producer Sakai says that some of these new missions will be very close in style to PSO's challenge mode.
* Character level restriction -- no details.
* Type level restriction -- no details.
* Weapon type restrictions -- only certain categories of weapons may be used. For example, a particular mission may make it where only twin sabers can be used for striking weapons, but all TECHNIC weapons are free-to-use. (Free-to-use based on type, at least. Don't expect to be able to use a weapon not associated with your Guardian type.)
* TECHNIC restrictions -- particular TECHNICs are restricted from use in the mission.
* Unit restriction -- certain line shield slots may be made unavailable for the missions. For example, a mission may allow only the use of a line shield's arm slot, but no others even if the shield has them available.
* Other restrictions have been discussed (SUV weapon, nanoblast, recovery items), but not confirmed to be implemented yet.
C-Mode sounds good, but all those crazy restrictions makes me wonder how it's going to turn out. I'll wait and see before making any judgments.

Mysterious-G
Feb 27, 2009, 01:45 PM
Well, if this update is supposed to happen anytime soon, then maybe that contest should finally start?

Kylie
Feb 27, 2009, 02:18 PM
I can't complain about new clothes. I'm sure they'll only listen to JP players though, so let's hope the selections aren't too eccentric. Everything else sounds pretty good. I can't find fault with anything.

CelestialBlade
Feb 27, 2009, 03:35 PM
I....don't mean to be a bitter little party pooper here, but I think this is going to end up being one of those things where it looks kickass on paper but doesn't live anywhere near up to the hype in practice. 150+ new weapons, sure, but as has been said, most of those will likely be reskins with a few new designs scattered around. I don't say this because of Sega, but because PSU is still horribly limited by PS2 hardware. There's simply a very finite amount of additions they can do, which is why we haven't gotten a single original mission since AoI came out. Oh, and Guardians Cash is still stupid as hell :P

New clothes is the best part of this by *far*, no contest, stfu n00bz.

Noblewine
Feb 27, 2009, 03:54 PM
This looks interesting. I like the idea of the creating designed for weapons and clothes.

Neith
Clothes submissions? Female trenchcoat please. Eye patch would be awesome too if accessories were allowed (without wearing that stupid hat...). Speaking of hats, Voloyal cowgirl hat?

As for the stat modifier (which may be simply new animations), it's a bit of a letdown that we may be looking at new-missions only for them. We'll see when they're released I guess.

If anyone's seen the picture Jey did of Teika in my profile, I'd love that outfit added :lol:

_Vyser_
It doesn't look like this update will be limited by PS2. From what I read in the other topic, it sounds like only the PC players will be able to see the new stuff, while PS2 players will see weapons that are already on the disk (with different stats).

I'm looking forward to the player-created content. I hope some really awesome designs make it into the game in terms of CAST parts and clothing. I think it would be awesome if our server got the chance to design some stuff in PSU, but I'll leave it up to the JP players to design the usual kick ass stuff (not sure how Sega messed up on bad CAST parts though...)

CelestialBlade
Feb 27, 2009, 04:06 PM
Clothes submissions? Female trenchcoat please. Eye patch would be awesome too if accessories were allowed (without wearing that stupid hat...). Speaking of hats, Voloyal cowgirl hat?
Trenchcoat would be hawt, especially if there was a white one (I'd love to be able to recreate something similar to Tear's Cool Lady costume from Tales of the Abyss) and chicks need a cowboy hat like whoa. I'd love to pair one with Chelsea's cowgirl gunslinger outfit (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/album.php?albumid=251&pictureid=5588) :D

ShuttleXpC
Feb 27, 2009, 04:13 PM

I'm betting its techs like Megid -.- Which should be banned.

Darius_Drake
Feb 27, 2009, 04:14 PM

Sounds like master classes will be screwed with a few of these.

DesuJet
Feb 27, 2009, 05:13 PM
Over 50 will be reskins and 100 will be weapons from phantasy star portable.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 27, 2009, 05:18 PM
what's wrong with phantasy star portable? :whip:

CelestialBlade
Feb 27, 2009, 05:55 PM
Had an idea--classic Phantasy Star-themed clothes. I know I'm not the only one who'd love to be sporting Alis' armor, or Alys' trenchcoat, or Rika's bodysuit.

Shou
Feb 27, 2009, 06:46 PM
I wanna see what they are doing to adjust classes, races and photon arts already!

The fate of my techer days lie in the balance! :(

Arika
Feb 27, 2009, 09:16 PM
I wanna see what they are doing to adjust classes, races and photon arts already!

The fate of my techer days lie in the balance! :(

that is surely all the techer last hope, if nothing turn good then, we will run out of techer.

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 27, 2009, 11:13 PM
I can't complain about new clothes. I'm sure they'll only listen to JP players though, so let's hope the selections aren't too eccentric. Everything else sounds pretty good. I can't find fault with anything.
Let's hope they're overly eccentric! That'd just make the game so much more enjoyable!

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 27, 2009, 11:18 PM
ive still got hope on sega for the us servers getting this in the future seeing as how were not getting gipped out of the holy ray and even though its been about 5 months they deliver on pumpkin trick:whip:

RemiusTA
Feb 28, 2009, 12:42 AM
GUARDIANS Advanced Style
* Details are still scarce on the weapon/shield/extra style customization features, but it now seems that these customizations can be used only in supplemental update-exclusive missions.

Ultimate Fail.

Alecc
Feb 28, 2009, 02:20 AM
and the grinding stuff? that's getting on my nerves. how is it gonna work? :D :D

Matic
Feb 28, 2009, 10:39 AM
Let's hope they're overly eccentric! That'd just make the game so much more enjoyable!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/VDMatic/agi_4bda8c9e3e8bc92567bc18bad9c97b6.gif

DO EET.

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 28, 2009, 10:48 AM
I'm a fan of FFXI's restrictive story missions and areas, so this sounds good to me. Oh and wtf I'm sending in my own PSU designs for weapons! I already made four, but I reaaally want the Trap Staff to make it in lol. PSU needs newman-only striking weapons. :(

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/trapstaff.jpg http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/volfuclaw.jpg
http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/scourgespark.jpg http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/swordofvermillion.jpg

[spoiler-box]
http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_trapstaff01.jpg http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_volfuclaw01.jpg

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_scourgespark01.jpg http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_swordofvermillion01.jpg

Yes, I'm going to pimp these out wherever I can![/spoiler-box]

darkante
Feb 28, 2009, 11:18 AM
I'm a fan of FFXI's restrictive story missions and areas, so this sounds good to me. Oh and wtf I'm sending in my own PSU designs for weapons! I already made four, but I reaaally want the Trap Staff to make it in lol. PSU needs newman-only striking weapons. :(

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/trapstaff.jpg http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/volfuclaw.jpg
http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/scourgespark.jpg http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/swordofvermillion.jpg

[spoiler-box]
http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_trapstaff01.jpg http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_volfuclaw01.jpg

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_scourgespark01.jpg http://www.segaroleplaying.com/images/mu_swordofvermillion01.jpg

Yes, I'm going to pimp these out wherever I can![/spoiler-box]

I like that Scourge Spark design, a more electric looking rifle is always a nice sight.

AzureBlaze
Feb 28, 2009, 10:31 PM
Where do you go to submit your designs?

As the post above this proves, people over here HAVE creative designs. On one of the art contests they had in the past, us "non-jps" managed to horn in with some cool art, so why not here too? I'd LOVE to submit something, and I'll bet a ton of the creative types around fanworks on here would jump at the chance.

Of course since the game is designed over there, you GOTTA think that the contest is gonna be JP language only (insert 'keeping out the riffraff' flamewar here) and it's too time consuming for them to translate the whole mess and throw it to the USAs and EUs. But, if some "submit" button shows up and the "how to" is fan-translated, I don't see why we CANT enter.

Anybody gonna throw the artistic fans a bone?