PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Portable Launch event!

RubyEclipse
Feb 27, 2009, 08:40 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=psppsuevent

:)

Yusaku_Kudou
Feb 27, 2009, 08:48 PM
Oooh nice! Holy Ray/D :o

Thanks Ruby!

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 27, 2009, 08:55 PM
OMFG :whip: we are actualy getting holy ray :o :whip: if only we could get them to give us the little range mag that had level 4 hp steal

Oh what the hell :o :o :whip: woot go sega

BTW is it 1 per account or per character or every hour? must know please ill be on every hour of this to get me a few holy rays if its every hour of this mini event

Dhylec
Feb 27, 2009, 09:00 PM
Sounds interesting. Though I wonder about the time frames. Why not make it an all day event? I think it's more convenient that way. ;]

EspioKaos
Feb 27, 2009, 09:02 PM
Front-paged (http://www.pso-world.com/news/0317-phantasy-star-portable-launch-event-psu). Thanks for the heads-up, Ruby!

Tyreek
Feb 27, 2009, 09:03 PM
*hugs Ruby* OMFG. I have to record this!

Arika
Feb 27, 2009, 09:03 PM
Sounds interesting. Though I wonder about the time frames. Why not make it an all day event? I think it's more convenient that way. ;]

because it might be the same GM who running as Viviance all the time, so he kidda need rest.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 27, 2009, 09:05 PM
because it might be the same GM who running as Viviance all the time, so he kidda need rest.

lol yea we wouldnt want ruby to collapse on us and never wanna host an event ever again:whip:

Arika
Feb 27, 2009, 09:07 PM
lol yea we wouldnt want ruby to collapse on us and never wanna host an event ever again

but I think Edward might be the one who running this.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 27, 2009, 09:10 PM
but I think Edward might be the one who running this.

Possibly he does the sonic event right? so maybe he'll do this :whip:

Zorak000
Feb 27, 2009, 10:11 PM
wouldn't there be two GMs involved? one as Vivian and the other as Helga?

Chuck_Norris
Feb 27, 2009, 11:03 PM
Oh boy, a crappy A rank rod, and a rifle I can't use. :disapprove:

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 27, 2009, 11:15 PM
Oh boy, a crappy A rank rod, and a rifle I can't use. :disapprove:

sigh* cant make every1 happy but still WOOT HOLY RaY !!! :whip:

NDW
Feb 27, 2009, 11:26 PM
Funny how they have two misspellings on that page:

[spoiler-box]Attention, GUARDIANS!

Phantasy Star Portable is arriving in the US! On FRIDAY, MARCH 6th, new GUARDIAN recruit Vivienne will appear in the GUARDIANS Colony, seraching for an intruder who has been causing some mysterious disturbances . . . Join Vivienne and help her search for the mysterious terrorist Helga – but beware, Helga has some tricks up her sleeve! Next, continue the quest in Phantasy Star Portable! All players who help Vivienne on March 3rd will receive two special prizes--see below![/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]Helga could be anywhere across Gurhaul, so GUARDIANS will need to work together and use any means necessary to find her--once she has been found, the chase is on! Help Vivienne to locate Helga before it's too late!
[/spoiler-box]

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 27, 2009, 11:35 PM
lol wow i feel illiterate reading that without spotting it:whip:

Chuck_Norris
Feb 27, 2009, 11:53 PM
sigh* cant make every1 happy but still WOOT HOLY RaY !!! :whip:

I'd much rather have my Whitile wings and this awesome mission, (http://psupedia.info/Innocent_Girl) thank you.

Dre_o
Feb 27, 2009, 11:54 PM
Death to the whiners of not getting what they want!

Anyways, I think this is an interesting event and I will, without a doubt, be in on it.

Phoenix_Black
Feb 27, 2009, 11:58 PM
Now, just making sure, here... The "very special items" given out when you say the phrase are the Pumpkin Trick and Holy Ray/D? Just making sure after there was discussion over getting the Whitil Wing and Vivienne Fluge in some other way since we arn't getting Innocent Girl... I'm pretty sure that's not what it means, but I just wanna make sure and to clarify.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 28, 2009, 12:01 AM
I'd must rather have my Whitile wings and this awesome mission, (http://psupedia.info/Innocent_Girl) thank you.

BAH HUMBUG^^; no thanx casts dont need'em:whip:

OMFG S+10's 1.5 mill each 0.0

LuigiMario
Feb 28, 2009, 12:59 AM
I'd must rather have my Whitile wings and this awesome mission, (http://psupedia.info/Innocent_Girl) thank you.

Another spelling error.

Tails_night
Feb 28, 2009, 01:45 AM
woot... oh man, my copy won't make itr in time... :( Pumpkin trick sounds cool it almost sounds like a rod with a pumpkin on it

Tyreek
Feb 28, 2009, 02:30 AM
I am really hoping they consider adding Innocent Girl for this event. Even without the downloadable stuff for PSP. That mission does have some interesting drops. And of course... Vivienne is high-res format.

ErtaiClou
Feb 28, 2009, 02:57 AM
Really, why not spare the trouble and give the items to people who actually send in proof of purchase/upc like any other company. If they're trying to promote a launch what good is to run an event with hours that hardly accomodate anyone?

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 28, 2009, 03:28 AM
woot... oh man, my copy won't make itr in time... :( Pumpkin trick sounds cool it almost sounds like a rod with a pumpkin on it It is :(

Swiftstrike
Feb 28, 2009, 03:28 AM
Really, why not spare the trouble and give the items to people who actually send in proof of purchase/upc like any other company. If they're trying to promote a launch what good is to run an event with hours that hardly accomodate anyone?

1) Sega is trying a way to integrate the customers with the product in a fun and interesting way instead of other companies that conform to pen and paper.

2) Only a few people will be able to run the event, the hours are meant to give time to all three systems.

Arika
Feb 28, 2009, 04:22 AM
Possibly he does the sonic event right? so maybe he'll do this :whip:

Think of it again, just noticed that the time of Xbox and PC/PS2 server merge = nearly all day, so I think both of them might running this ^^;

Mysterious-G
Feb 28, 2009, 05:22 AM
Eh, well I am European, so yeah.
Good luck, I will sleep at that time.

Shou
Feb 28, 2009, 05:44 AM
I'm pretty sure the GMs were just trying to find SOME way to give everyone a chance at these items.

fay
Feb 28, 2009, 06:57 AM
can someone please tell me what the 360 times are in central time please.

i dont mean to complain but its shocking why they always post up the pst time without the other time zones. its like we just dont appear or something.

on a side note. i actually thought this would have been the vivian fludge (however your spell it) and the whitil wing

Palle
Feb 28, 2009, 07:12 AM
All players who help Vivienne on March 3rd will receive two special prizes--see below!

Hm, so I have to buy a game on the 3rd of March to get a 'prize' on the 6th of March in another game that I've already paid SEGA $380 to play ... well, I suppose I'd be stupid not to take part in this event. Right?

:-?

fay
Feb 28, 2009, 09:04 AM
ok if im right here does that mean that the times for the UK are 7-8pm, 10-11pm and 1-2am?

Clunker
Feb 28, 2009, 11:57 AM
can someone please tell me what the 360 times are in central time please.

i dont mean to complain but its shocking why they always post up the pst time without the other time zones. its like we just dont appear or something.

on a side note. i actually thought this would have been the vivian fludge (however your spell it) and the whitil wing

PS2/PC Servers: Central Standard Time version.

First PSP Event:
12 noon > 1 pm
Second PSP Event:
3pm > 4pm
Third PSP Event:
6pm > 7pm

This is using online timezone converters. Does this sound about right?

mvffin
Feb 28, 2009, 12:39 PM
Hm, so I have to buy a game on the 3rd of March to get a 'prize' on the 6th of March in another game that I've already paid SEGA $380 to play ... well, I suppose I'd be stupid not to take part in this event. Right?

:-?

Pretty sure you don't have to buy the PSP version to participate in the PSU event.

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 28, 2009, 01:15 PM
its a PSU event they stated that banners will flash in game to announce it or something along those lines and its march 6th i believe:whip:

ErtaiClou
Feb 28, 2009, 04:07 PM
1) Sega is trying a way to integrate the customers with the product in a fun and interesting way instead of other companies that conform to pen and paper.

2) Only a few people will be able to run the event, the hours are meant to give time to all three systems.

1. You forgot the /sarcasm

2. Fail

Noblewine
Mar 1, 2009, 12:23 AM
This sounds like fun, I can't wait.

Cross313
Mar 1, 2009, 01:05 AM
Any clue of what the level requirement will be for this run?

Ethateral
Mar 1, 2009, 01:50 AM
I'm wondering if, the Holy Ray/D and Pumpkin Trick are meant for ADDITIONAL prizes at the end. Its worded funny on the event page. Here's to hoping it might be?

I really want my wings! >_<

Clunker
Mar 1, 2009, 03:41 AM
I'm wondering if, the Holy Ray/D and Pumpkin Trick are meant for ADDITIONAL prizes at the end. Its worded funny on the event page. Here's to hoping it might be?

I really want my wings! >_<

Y'know, I think you have something there.

It says "Additional" prizes when referring to Holy Ray/D, etc, for participating in the event...
and it says you get two special items for saying the chosen phrase...

Hmm.....

fay
Mar 1, 2009, 08:05 AM
i still call on whiting wings and vivien fludge or what ever its called.

i mean common. a character in it is called vivien. that just says to much to me that its them :/

Svaltus
Mar 1, 2009, 09:37 AM
I got vacation for my work!

Then i have full time for search Vivienne and play mini event! :)

dexter_safe
Mar 1, 2009, 01:51 PM
uk get it sum time in april -.- maan this sux

Mysterious-G
Mar 1, 2009, 02:01 PM
Mini-events are great and all, but I really hope that this will not be the only chance to get those items. Especially if they also end up putting in the whitill wings and the viv fludge as special prizes.
Okay, getting them seems kind of easy this way, but only a few people will be able to like this.

Compared to the way JP got them this is not really satisfiying.
(And especially not for the EU. I am serious. >_>)

It is great that they try to give us the stuff, but why not just give it to everybody via the common box? <_>

Chuck_Norris
Mar 1, 2009, 02:07 PM
It is great that they try to give us the stuff, but why not just give it to everybody via the common box? <_>

How is that more satisfying than this?

Mysterious-G
Mar 1, 2009, 02:12 PM
How is that more satisfying than this?

Because many of us are not able to get the items like this.

shadowsniper6
Mar 1, 2009, 04:34 PM
Because many of us are not able to get the items like this.

because they are sleeping? or something else?

Ezodagrom
Mar 1, 2009, 04:40 PM
Sleeping...For europeans, the times of this event are from 2:00AM until 9:00AM (GMT+0), or from 3:00AM until 10:00AM (GMT+1, most european countries), or from 4:00AM until 11:00AM (GMT+2)...:<

Mysterious-G
Mar 1, 2009, 04:44 PM

In my case sleeping, yes. But in many other cases it might be the job or anything else.
I want to point out that 'important' items like these should not be given out once and only once, leaving out the people that simply could not be there at that time for any reason.
I would not care as much if it would be items we can still get at another time, but this is a
one-time chance to get items we likely are not going to see anytime after this.

dexter_safe
Mar 1, 2009, 09:29 PM
idc for this mini event, i just want phantasy star portable -.-could try and import from usa -.-

shadowsniper6
Mar 2, 2009, 03:50 AM
In my case sleeping, yes. But in many other cases it might be the job or anything else.
I want to point out that 'important' items like these should not be given out once and only once, leaving out the people that simply could not be there at that time for any reason.
I would not care as much if it would be items we can still get at another time, but this is a
one-time chance to get items we likely are not going to see anytime after this.

will the items be trade-able?

hunterseifer
Mar 2, 2009, 04:22 AM
Holy ray/D sounds great alone, this will be fun to run in this event :)

SammaeltheDark
Mar 2, 2009, 10:47 AM
OH I'M SORRY. I HAVE A JOB

and here I was all happy that SoA is PST (same as me).. until I saw the actual times

LP_Phoenix
Mar 2, 2009, 12:48 PM
Sleeping...For europeans, the times of this event are from 2:00AM until 9:00AM (GMT+0), or from 3:00AM until 10:00AM (GMT+1, most european countries), or from 4:00AM until 11:00AM (GMT+2)...:<

but this means its all on saturday morning ... hmm maybe ill be online then, some more coffee and stuff like that and everything is alright
but i think they said friday 6th of march , right? so im a lil bit confused now, i dont wanna miss that weap...eh event...*lookonholyray* i need it >.<

Ezodagrom
Mar 2, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hmm...yep, it's all on friday morning x_x

LP_Phoenix
Mar 2, 2009, 04:15 PM
O.o heh....i think normally its about 8am for us here in germany and then maintenance starts....okay...so its like late (late...) thursday evening up to friday morning...
this is *?#! then i hope i get in first round of this event, work starts at 7 am for me...so i got no chance for th last rounds

Mysterious-G
Mar 2, 2009, 04:29 PM
O.o heh....i think normally its about 8am for us here in germany and then maintenance starts....okay...so its like late (late...) thursday evening up to friday morning...
this is *?#! then i hope i get in first round of this event, work starts at 7 am for me...so i got no chance for th last rounds

I can ensure you that Germany (aswell as everythign to the east of America) is ahead of their time. :P
Means it would be late Friday to early Saturday for you.

Ezodagrom
Mar 2, 2009, 04:30 PM
D: just realized I made it on reverse, I hate timezones ._.
It's actually not a bad time for Europeans, this event...
GMT+0 -> 6:00pm until 1:00am
GMT+1 -> 7:00pm until 2:00am
GMT+2 -> 8:00pm until 3:00am

I subtracted 8 hours instead of adding 8 hours >_>

LP_Phoenix
Mar 2, 2009, 05:44 PM
thats what i was wondering about O.o normally they would never do something like before maintenance etc.
thx Mysterious-G, now we got our time...and yeah thats okay, should be home at 4pm, so enough time to get ready for that "mini-event"