PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Help me decide to go ONLINE or not.

Vargavinter
Feb 28, 2009, 07:55 AM
Hey.

I bought PSU over a year ago, but i had no LIVE at the time so i started play the Story Mode. But i never really liked it and stopped playing after 2-3 chapters. But since i got LIVE back now ive been thinking about starting to play Online. But before that i have some questions that i would like to have answered.

1.) Can i just jump Online and start playing, or do i need to play the Story Mode to get info on how all of the aspects of the game works?

2.) Do i need to buy the expansion to enjoy PSU to the fullest from level 1?

3.) When it comes to MMO's i tend to just login sometimes when i got 30 mins over to grind up a level or two without looking for other players to play with, is that possible to do in PSU aswell, or are grouping a must?

4.) How does loot work? Is it like in PSO where it was free-for-all in groups where you just have to be fast to loot or you will get non?

Thanks. :)

fay
Feb 28, 2009, 08:01 AM
1 - you dont have to play story mode but it helps you get used to what items do
2 - more or less, yes
3 - no i solo 99% of my online time
4 - there are setting for this which can be changed to everyone getting a fair share to first person there gets it

any other questions use search. there has been millions of these topics so most of the questions you would ask will have been answered by now :)

Vargavinter
Feb 28, 2009, 08:08 AM
1 - you dont have to play story mode but it helps you get used to what items do
2 - more or less, yes
3 - no i solo 99% of my online time
4 - there are setting for this which can be changed to everyone getting a fair share to first person there gets it

any other questions use search. there has been millions of these topics so most of the questions you would ask will have been answered by now :)

Hey thanks for the fast reply, i tried the search but i cant get it to work. It just hangs my Firefox (who have been very unstable the since the last update), is there any info i can get about the expansion somewhere on this site?

fay
Feb 28, 2009, 08:26 AM
what is it you need to know about it?

for the xbox all you need to do it go to the marketplace and buy it with microsoft points. 1600 i think.

basicly though. if you dont have the expansion you cant check 99% of peoples shops, you cant find all items, your game will look glitched in somecases because people will be using things you cant see (from the expansion), you probably will never find anyone to play with (because 99% of people are in expansion areas, sega only updates the expansion, uuuum. i know theres more but i cant think lol

btw firefox 3?
thats one of the browsers i use. its been fine for me. saying that as of late im been using google chrome more. give it a go. its a lot faster than firefox, has a verrrrry handy home page. the only thing against is it would be the no customisation that firefox gives and no ad-blocker yet. they have a pop up blocker. incase you got mixed up there :P

Vargavinter
Feb 28, 2009, 08:32 AM
what is it you need to know about it?

for the xbox all you need to do it go to the marketplace and buy it with microsoft points. 1600 i think.

basicly though. if you dont have the expansion you cant check 99% of peoples shops, you cant find all items, your game will look glitched in somecases because people will be using things you cant see (from the expansion), you probably will never find anyone to play with (because 99% of people are in expansion areas, sega only updates the expansion, uuuum. i know theres more but i cant think lol

btw firefox 3?
thats one of the browsers i use. its been fine for me. saying that as of late im been using google chrome more. give it a go. its a lot faster than firefox, has a verrrrry handy home page. the only thing against is it would be the no customisation that firefox gives and no ad-blocker yet. they have a pop up blocker. incase you got mixed up there :P

Hey thanks for the info, im gonna give it a try. And it seems they lowered the price for the expansion, its only 800 points now. :)

fay
Feb 28, 2009, 08:52 AM
bugger. they saw me coming >_<

just so you know.
the people on the 360 work out like this

10% decent people - they will happy adjust the way they play to help out other people
50% little children - they complain when you do something wrong and well, you get the idea
40% arrogant fuckers - as leeder you have to play the way they want no exceptions. you dont do it and they boot you.. not as the leeder. they try to tell the leeder what to do. if they dissagree then they leave the party to go start a new party as the leeder

just find teh decent people. if you want help at getting started then look me up. my character names are in my sig

SeanxFayt1993
Mar 1, 2009, 03:22 PM
really... is it worth gettin'? :O I heard its alive and kickin unlike the pc/ps2 servers lmao.

but if you had to choose... would you pick this or sf4? just wonderin... lol

and is psu360 online lag free? kuz i heard about that also... lol

Caustic
Mar 1, 2009, 03:33 PM
Try the demo and see if it's for you....just keep in mind that what you get with the demo is extremely limited compared to the full game! I switched from the 360 to the PC servers a couple days ago for various reasons....but it is true that the pc/ps2 population is a lot smaller than on the xbox. Definitely not lag free from my experience on the 360, but it's bearable. I did notice slowdowns though when there was a lot of action (not anymore now that i'm playin on my uber gaming pc!)

shadowsniper6
Mar 1, 2009, 04:05 PM
ill help anybody that just starts ... for a bit ... but starting now during the even is good eazy lvling.... i think the event is still up

SeanxFayt1993
Mar 1, 2009, 05:44 PM
yeah I played psu on pc/ps2 since day 1... and quit last year on july 1st lol

fun stuff... just that SoA was bs'n all thru 2008 lmao