PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 "sword glitch"

Killerhero
Mar 2, 2009, 06:15 PM
Something strange happened in my party. My party leader asked a guy in the party if he was doing something called a "sword glitch". I guess he was wielding a big sword but didn't really notice anything. I think that he kept doing repetitive damage like that one machine gun glitch and he wasn't swinging. I thought it was lag. He got booted when he said yes. Can someone please elaborate on this?

SStrikerR
Mar 2, 2009, 06:22 PM
There is an axe and sword glitch that do massive amounts of damage.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 2, 2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah, there's some glitch, apparently. Go report him.

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 2, 2009, 07:39 PM
Never seen anybody use it, myself.

BlueMan
Mar 2, 2009, 09:39 PM
I don't think it ever got as widespread as the machine gun glitches..I myself only seen it once.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 2, 2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah, there's some glitch, apparently. Go report him.

Dont be a snitch this glitch helps the team out.( postive glitch )

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 2, 2009, 10:37 PM
Well if it helps the team out then how do I do this?

I dont know how to do it..........

But i have friends that know. Hunting rares is so easy with this glitch

dark_ryok
Mar 2, 2009, 11:00 PM

But i have friends that know. Hunting rares is so easy with this glitch

Its basically the same thing as the machine gun glitch. Hunting rares is so easy? Yeah, because youd be using a glitch to hunt the rares. And abusing any glitch is against ToS. The only reason it hasnt been fixed yet is because its not as widespread as the machinegun glitch.

Actually learn to play the game instead of relying on a glitch.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 2, 2009, 11:27 PM
Dont be a snitch this glitch helps the team out.( postive glitch )

Pretty sure nobody would abuse any glitch if it didn't provide an advantage. Sorry, your logic isn't winning over anyone except the people who would already abuse it in the first place.

Report glitchers if you care about your PSU servers staying (semi) fun.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 2, 2009, 11:38 PM
Omg more emo people.....................

beatrixkiddo
Mar 2, 2009, 11:41 PM
Yeah, adhering to the rules of a game, what a dumbass I am!

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 2, 2009, 11:45 PM
Its basically the same thing as the machine gun glitch. Hunting rares is so easy? Yeah, because youd be using a glitch to hunt the rares. And abusing any glitch is against ToS. The only reason it hasnt been fixed yet is because its not as widespread as the machinegun glitch.

Actually learn to play the game instead of relying on a glitch.

Im a lv137 newmen acrotecher buffs 42+ i buff my teams stats so they do more damage. i cant do sword glitch no two hand sword for acros. Machinegun glitch is fixed right?

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 2, 2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah, adhering to the rules of a game, what a dumbass I am!

Your not dump.....................

Just emo

xzidanex
Mar 3, 2009, 12:00 AM
I fail to see how reporting people who break the ToS makes you emo... but ok. Besides, isn't it the cool thing nowadays to be emo? XD

lethe
Mar 3, 2009, 12:15 AM
I fail to see how reporting people who break the ToS makes you emo... but ok. Besides, isn't it the cool thing nowadays to be emo? XD
I think emo is the most retarded thing to be "cool" since parachute pants, in fact parachute pants were cooler so bring those back and get rid of the emo crap.(The following is not directed at the person i qouted) Also, If you dont want to play by the rules then go find a private WoW server and cheat all you want, im sure you'll fit in there nicely, hey its free too! Leave this game and let the people who want to play legitly pay for it. Take your 10$ a month elsewhere, sega wont miss it.

dark_ryok
Mar 3, 2009, 02:10 AM
Im a lv137 newmen acrotecher buffs 42+ i buff my teams stats so they do more damage. i cant do sword glitch no two hand sword for acros. Machinegun glitch is fixed right?

Machinegun glitch is mostly fixed. From what I understand there is still one way to do it, but I havent seen anyone using that in ages.

Maybe you cant do it. I wasnt implying that it was you that was directly using it. But you are there to merely reap the rewards of cheating.

Yay for legit people.

WhiteKnight01
Mar 3, 2009, 02:35 AM
most games have glitches that lazy people exploit, im happy that in psu most are taken out with updates and if im leader i ask the person to stop glitching or there booted

Lunairetic
Mar 3, 2009, 02:36 AM
Your not dump..................... Just emo

Well I'd prefer to be "emo" than dumb, and you're certainly playing both parts quite well. Abusing a glitch is the exact same as Codebreaker back on PSO. People like you are even worse than the ones that cheat, because earnestly speaking, you condone it, you let them make it common place. You're the type of person that let's a game like PSO, PSU or any other MO/MMO turn into a cesspool of cheating for personal gain. Ruins the game for hundreds of other people by destroying the delicate in game economy, and you don't even blink.

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 02:40 AM
Seriously, don't use glitches. Report them.

The game was made a certain way for a reason and glitch is an unintended way to get around the set rules.

If you don't have the skill or patience to play a game, find something else to do.

_Vyser_
Mar 3, 2009, 03:05 AM
Joey/Akio is without a computer, so I'm going to quote him on his response to this:

The 'sword' glitch isn't used only for the sword and axe, but it's all equally as destructive. Basically, someone is attacking with a PA but really isn't(It's complicated). The only real drawback is the lack of PA experience, but the power behind it makes up for it. It's not a huge game breaker, and it's actually annoying to pull off. However its just not fun to do it, segac really should fix it(though I don't know how they would). Either way, if you see stuff dying and someone isn't moving, they're likely using the glitch. Just report them.

Powder Keg
Mar 3, 2009, 03:13 AM
I dunno how that could make someone emo. I mean, it'd be asking too much to be non-retarded here, so I'll just ask for 80% retardation instead for a start.

Proff
Mar 3, 2009, 03:15 AM
It's good to know the PSU-Police are on board, tattling every time somebody uses a glitch. There's something brown on their noses though...

Lunairetic
Mar 3, 2009, 03:21 AM
And its good to know who to avoid, their ethical worth already taken into question by something as simple as this.

Proff
Mar 3, 2009, 03:31 AM
The glitch causes no direct harm to other players. It doesn't make finding rares THAT much easier, if at all (what's really rare anyway). It's not really the same as using a Code Breaker either, since it's a glitch that anyone can do. It's not the players fault that the glitch exists, it's Sega's. There's no reason this can't be patched, none at all. So if anything, Sega condones using it.

I'm not saying that everyone should go around using the glitch; I certainly don't. But trying to get people banned over it is pretty childish, and really kind of lame, considering that it's not really THAT big of a deal.

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 03:54 AM
The glitch causes no direct harm to other players. It doesn't make finding rares THAT much easier, if at all (what's really rare anyway). It's not really the same as using a Code Breaker either, since it's a glitch that anyone can do. It's not the players fault that the glitch exists, it's Sega's. There's no reason this can't be patched, none at all. So if anything, Sega condones using it.

I'm not saying that everyone should go around using the glitch; I certainly don't. But trying to get people banned over it is pretty childish, and really kind of lame, considering that it's not really THAT big of a deal.

So, according to your logic, killing is ok because everyone can do it?

Anyway, it is agianst the rules to use any glitch or external program to change what is intended in the game. If a weapon is made to do 600 damage, using a glitch to make it 6000 is unintended and therefore against the rules. I recommend an instant ban.

I really do question the ethics of those who condone behavior against the rules.

And it does change the game significantly. Lets say "Item X" is rare an relativly hard to get (well use an imaginary rating of 10). "Player1", with an imaginary skill rating of 8 tries to get Item X, but cannot since he is not good enough. Using the glitch, he can artifically raise his skill level to 20, making Item X easy to get. Instead of having 5 Item Xs on the market, we have 100 of them, since everyone with half a brain can get it. This screws up the game economy. LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE, not what you want to believe.

Proff
Mar 3, 2009, 04:07 AM
So, according to your logic, killing is ok because everyone can do it?
Don't even try it. That is a piss-poor comparison and you know it.

Anyway, it is agianst the rules to use any glitch or external program to change what is intended in the game. If a weapon is made to do 600 damage, using a glitch to make it 6000 is unintended and therefore against the rules. I recommend an instant ban.
I recommend better playtesting and then patching. But whatever, let's make the community as small as possible. Also, all the fools that were in the Lightning Carnival lobby before it was supposed to be open, yeah, let's ban all those people too.

I really do question the ethics of those who condone behavior against the rules.

And it does change the game significantly. Lets say "Item X" is rare an relativly hard to get (well use an imaginary rating of 10). "Player1", with an imaginary skill rating of 8 tries to get Item X, but cannot since he is not good enough. Using the glitch, he can artifically raise his skill level to 20, making Item X easy to get. Instead of having 5 Item Xs on the market, we have 100 of them, since everyone with half a brain can get it. This screws up the game economy. LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE, not what you want to believe.
People using the glitch don't really clear missions any quicker than someone who isn't. I think you've never used or seen this glitch before.

Saying that I, or anyone else, condones the glitch needs to stop. Sega CAN patch it, but they have chosen not to. Seems like they're the ones condoning it to me.

Powder Keg
Mar 3, 2009, 04:08 AM
*remembers hacked % Ooga Booga Bars in PSO killing everything instantly*

yeah, no thanks.

Proff
Mar 3, 2009, 04:19 AM
*remembers hacked % Ooga Booga Bars in PSO killing everything instantly*

yeah, no thanks.
That was nothing, weapon stacking-glitch in PSO really did break the game. Sword glitching in PSU is not even close to that though.

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 04:27 AM
Don't even try it. That is a piss-poor comparison and you know it.

Same thing and you know it. Just because we can do it does not mean we should. We are not animals, we know what is right and wrong. Using an illegal activity to get an advantage over what is supposed to be set is WRONG.

I recommend better playtesting and then patching. But whatever, let's make the community as small as possible. Also, all the fools that were in the Lightning Carnival lobby before it was supposed to be open, yeah, let's ban all those people too.

No game is ever perfect, an idiot should know that. Personally, i have no knowledge of the Lightning event occurance (was before my time), but if the people got in there ON PURPOSE knowing they are not supposed to, then hell yes ban them.

People using the glitch don't really clear missions any quicker than someone who isn't. I think you've never used or seen this glitch before.

I have seen the glitch, 4000-6000 damage is a hell of a lot of damage. I also kick people who use it.

Doing 600 damage at 5 second intervals will take 50 seconds to a person that does 6000 damage in a second. Multiply the fact that there are hundreds of monsters per mission, equals a good amount of minutes LESS a person would have to play if they were cheating. The extra time could be used to do the mission agian, better chances for the rares, increasing the number of items in the market, screwing the economy, changing the game.

Saying that I, or anyone else, condones the glitch needs to stop. Sega CAN patch it, but they have chosen not to. Seems like they're the ones condoning it to me.

Glitches are not always easy to fix, and sometimes there are more pressing matters, but to say that you don't condone this activity is absurd. Do you let people use this glitch in your party? Do you neglect to tell the person that the glitch is illegal and they should stop? Do you use this glitch? If you said yes to any of the above, you condone it. Sega said this glitch is illegal and they take action when they find out someone uses this glitch. Is Sega condoning it? No, they BAN people.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Mar 3, 2009, 04:33 AM

But i have friends that know. Hunting rares is so easy with this glitchLevel Your pa's intsead and its easier than some muppet trying to act cool with a crappy glitch

Arika
Mar 3, 2009, 04:35 AM
Is there any video of this glitch?
I seen mechgun glitch before, and it is something I can image it when it shoot rapidly, but I can't image how is this one look like?

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 04:35 AM
Level Your pa's intsead and its easier than some muppet trying to act cool with a crappy glitch

LOL couldn't have said it better myself.

thunder-ray
Mar 3, 2009, 04:53 AM
It's good to know the PSU-Police are on board, tattling every time somebody uses a glitch. There's something brown on their noses though...My nose may be brown but I keep it clean.

I'm not saying that everyone should go around using the glitch; I certainly don't. But trying to get people banned over it is pretty childish, and really kind of lame, considering that it's not really THAT big of a deal.It might not be to you but to others it is a big deal. Plus I dont find it *childish* if people report the sword glitch to sega.

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 05:02 AM

Do you also not report a crime such as murder or theft? Some will say the analogy is extreme, but where do YOU draw the line?

If people except ilegal activity, no matter how "little", how can they be trusted in more important matters? Do you see my point?

Proff
Mar 3, 2009, 05:02 AM
Same thing and you know it. Just because we can do it does not mean we should. We are not animals, we know what is right and wrong. Using an illegal activity to get an advantage over what is supposed to be set is WRONG.

No. It is not the same thing. The glitch is hardly something that's ethically wrong. It doesn't cause pain and grief to those surrounding the victims. In fact, there are NO victims. It's not even spammable. I've played with people using it a few times. The other 3 of us could kill an entire mob before they could even set it up again. The glitch isn't as good as people seem to think it is. Dealing a lot of damage all at once is pretty crazy, but not when you have to go back into the menu after every time you do it, and even then it doesn't always work as consistently as you'd think. If you haven't seen/used the glitch, why form an opinion on it? SUV's and even Jabroga outdamage the glitch most of the time.

No game is ever perfect, an idiot should know that. Personally, i have no knowledge of the Lightning event occurance (was before my time), but if the people got in there ON PURPOSE knowing they are not supposed to, then hell yes ban them.
Dude, you'd be banning several hundred people over nothing. Since you don't know, all you could do was go into the lobby and shop from a normal item NPC vendor. You couldn't do a run or anything. Banning tons of people over something THAT harmless is stupid. Form opinions on fact and not on ignorance or hearsay.

I have seen the glitch, 4000-6000 damage is a hell of a lot of damage. I also kick people who use it.
I'm a CAST FF and I consistently land Just-Jabroga's for nearly 8,000 damage x2, to five enemies. And I can do it more than once while someone sets up their glitch. It's not THAT good.

Doing 600 damage at 5 second intervals will take 50 seconds to a person that does 6000 damage in a second. Multiply the fact that there are hundreds of monsters per mission, equals a good amount of minutes LESS a person would have to play if they were cheating. The extra time could be used to do the mission agian, better chances for the rares, increasing the number of items in the market, screwing the economy, changing the game.
I won't argue with this. Too bad the glitch isn't that easy to do, and I've seen too many dumbasses die while they're in the menu attempting it while the rest of us clean-house.

If you want to get all those people banned, then by all means, do it. The community is so big that we can spare all these people, right? Anyway, it'll just make it so that glitchers play alone. All the whining and tattling will have been for nothing because without witnessing it, you can't prove it. It'll keep happening and keep "screwing up" the economy and all that jazz right?

Or hey, better idea: patch it. If the glitch is removed then it can't be exploited. I've played too many online MMO's; seen to many glitches like this, to think Sega can't patch the X360 and PC versions of this game.

Glitches are not always easy to fix, and sometimes there are more pressing matters, but to say that you don't condone this activity is absurd. Do you let people use this glitch in your party? Do you neglect to tell the person that the glitch is illegal and they should stop? Do you use this glitch? If you said yes to any of the above, you condone it. Sega said this glitch is illegal and they take action when they find out someone uses this glitch. Is Sega condoning it? No, they BAN people.
Sega has the money and resources to fix. They have chosen to leave it, probably because it offers very little in the way of an advantage. To answer your question, yeah, I've let people use it in my party. They actually tend to get more in the way, dying, than helping. I've told them it's against the ToS and that they might be reported for it.

Maybe there are people out there who some how manage to do the glitch every time they try it and just blow away each mob in seconds. I've never seen that. I've seen it do huge damage before, but it still pales to my Just-Jabroga, so maybe that's why I don't really care. I guess if it was easy to do and spammable then I might want them banned. Sega fixing the problem is the real solution though. As I've said, left unfixed will just eventually lead glitchers like this and potentially worse, to playing by themselves and the problem will still exist.

Stop accusing me of condoning this dumb glitch. I don't. My point is that banning people does not solve the problem. Sega FIXING the glitch, does.

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 05:18 AM
To answer your question, yeah, I've let people use it in my party.

Stop accusing me of condoning this dumb glitch. I don't.

Those seem to counter each other, you let it happen but don't condone it?

Sega patching it would be the best solution, but that does not mean the glitch is ok to exploit (you do know what exploit means, right? "In the realm of online games, an exploit is usually a software bug, hack or bot that contributes to the user's prosperity in a manner not intended by the developers")

if you had any programming experiance at all, you would know that swimming through millions of lines of code to find the problem is hard to do.

It does not matter how you try to justify it, the glitch changes the game and it is wrong. Anyone who willfully performs this glitch is breaking the rules and should be banned per ToS.

Proff
Mar 3, 2009, 05:20 AM
Do you also not report a crime such as murder or theft? Some will say the analogy is extreme, but where do YOU draw the line?

If people except ilegal activity, no matter how "little", how can they be trusted in more important matters? Do you see my point?
Where I draw the line has nothing to do with this. Some people think that kids playing games like GTA and Mortal Kombat, and enjoy the violence, will end up killing people. We both know that's a horrible exaggeration. Just because somebody exploits a glitch in a video doesn't make them a heartless criminal. Bad analogy.

Proff
Mar 3, 2009, 05:27 AM
Those seem to counter each other, you let it happen but don't condone it?

Sega patching it would be the best solution, but that does not mean the glitch is ok to exploit (you do know what exploit means, right? "In the realm of online games, an exploit is usually a software bug, hack or bot that contributes to the user's prosperity in a manner not intended by the developers")

if you had any programming experiance at all, you would know that swimming through millions of lines of code to find the problem is hard to do.

It does not matter how you try to justify it, the glitch changes the game and it is wrong. Anyone who willfully performs this glitch is breaking the rules and should be banned per ToS.
I don't see a contradiction. I've never shown anyone how to do the glitch and I don't suggest it, because I'm aware that it conflicts with the experience that the developers intended for the gamer. If somebody uses it in my game, I let them know that they shouldn't because somebody else might get them banned. I don't go out of my way to preach to them or kick them because it has no affect on my run.

Tolerating =/= condoning.

I just happen to think that banning over THIS particular glitch is excessive. If they were stacking weapons and slaughtering mobs in seconds, over and over, I'd feel differently. If they were stealing from players, corrupting data, damaging my console, etc, it'd be a whole other story. But this particular glitch, from what I have seen, is not that good or useful and can't be performed with any consistency.

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 05:31 AM
Where I draw the line has nothing to do with this. Some people think that kids playing games like GTA and Mortal Kombat, and enjoy the violence, will end up killing people. We both know that's a horrible exaggeration. Just because somebody exploits a glitch in a video doesn't make them a heartless criminal. Bad analogy.

Finally, we agree on something. However, there is a truth in the matter. Every horrible act (addiction, lie, crime) starts as something small and innocent.

Side note: take no offense, i try to not attack you personally and would gladly group with you (so long as you follow ToS). I do enjoy a good debate, no matter how misguided you are :wink:

Proff
Mar 3, 2009, 05:40 AM
Finally, we agree on something. However, there is a truth in the matter. Every horrible act (addiction, lie, crime) starts as something small and innocent.

Side note: take no offense, i try to not attack you personally and would gladly group with you (so long as you follow ToS). I do enjoy a good debate, no matter how misguided you are :wink:

I think for the most part, we're on the same page. I honestly don't think most people do the glitch to grief other players or cause them harm (virtually speaking). That's the only reason I think banning is excessive.

Are we talking about the same glitch? The "I like to hit 24000 with Jabroga" glitch?

I've seen it hit for a little higher than that. Having to go back into the menu after each hit and hope it works again slows it down though, and ultimately, my Jabroga (which usually lands for about 8K x2) outdamages them. If there's a way where you only have to set the glitch up once and then you're doing huge damage over and over, I've never witnessed it. And the best I've seen people do it is about 1/5 attempts, which offers no more damage than my weaker, but faster attacks.

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 05:52 AM
I think for the most part, we're on the same page. I honestly don't think most people do the glitch to grief other players or cause them harm (virtually speaking). That's the only reason I think banning is excessive.

Players don't use the glitch to harm others (we don't have PVP lol), but they do use it for their benifit. The glitch makes a person do damage that is abnormal and it is against the ToS ... anything that gives a player an unfair advantage is wrong and should not be done ... they deserve to be banned.

Proff
Mar 3, 2009, 05:59 AM
Players don't use the glitch to harm others (we don't have PVP lol), but they do use it for their benifit. The glitch makes a person do damage that is abnormal and it is against the ToS ... anything that gives a player an unfair advantage is wrong and should not be done ... they deserve to be banned.
That's my point, I haven't seen it used with malevolent intent. The fact that it's hard to perform (or so I've seen) usually puts them at a disadvantage, actually. I may be wrong about that, maybe I've only seen stupid asses trying it and there are others who can truly break the game with this glitch. I'd love to see a video if that's the case. But like I said, most people I've seen trying it, usually only hit it once or twice a block and spend the rest of the time looking stupid or dying in the menu.

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 06:09 AM
That's my point, I haven't seen it used with malevolent intent. The fact that it's hard to perform (or so I've seen) usually puts them at a disadvantage, actually. I may be wrong about that, maybe I've only seen stupid asses trying it and there are others who can truly break the game with this glitch. I'd love to see a video if that's the case. But like I said, most people I've seen trying it, usually only hit it once or twice a block and spend the rest of the time looking stupid or dying in the menu.

I have seen people pull it off with ease. My point is that it DOES change the game and it should not be used. nobody has the right to use an unintended way to self profit.

Tianna
Mar 3, 2009, 09:06 AM
Ok, normally I stay out of these arguements because it ends up going nowhere for either side, BUT I have to ask why everyone is skirting aroumd the real issue here? The REAL issue here is that did everyon that plays this game not agree to the ToS? By agreeing to the ToS it is just like any other contract giving Sega(in this case) the RIGHT to ban you for breaking the said contract.

I will not use any analogies such as crimes (murders/theft and such) but I will say a contract is a contract is a contract. No amount of arguing in the world will stand up to the fact that each and everyone of us playing PSU have agreed to the ToS therefore giving Sega the right to deal with it as they choose. I would like to think that the sanctity of a contract stays unblemished, whether it be for a small loan between "friends", a car, a house and yes, even a game.

Ok end rant...guess this is why I stay out of these arguements ^^

Meta77
Mar 3, 2009, 10:07 AM
bah people complain to much in life. simple fact for anyone who knows sword glitch *i dont* Just dont do it in a party or others or *someone* is going to tell on you nuff said ^^

x1on3x
Mar 3, 2009, 12:11 PM
I dont know why people just cant play the game its suppose to be played.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 3, 2009, 12:24 PM
most games have glitches that lazy people exploit, im happy that in psu most are taken out with updates and if im leader i ask the person to stop glitching or there booted

lol your nice i just give em the big ol stinky boot :whip:

DISCO
Mar 3, 2009, 12:45 PM
No. It is not the same thing. The glitch is hardly something that's ethically wrong. It doesn't cause pain and grief to those surrounding the victims. In fact, there are NO victims. It's not even spammable. I've played with people using it a few times. The other 3 of us could kill an entire mob before they could even set it up again. The glitch isn't as good as people seem to think it is. Dealing a lot of damage all at once is pretty crazy, but not when you have to go back into the menu after every time you do it, and even then it doesn't always work as consistently as you'd think. If you haven't seen/used the glitch, why form an opinion on it? SUV's and even Jabroga outdamage the glitch most of the time.
This is all irrelevant. It explicitly states in the Terms of Service agreement that exploiting or spreading a glitch not intended by SEGA is against the ToS and grounds for banning. If you pay to play on their servers, you have to follow their rules...pretty simple

Or hey, better idea: patch it. If the glitch is removed then it can't be exploited. I've played too many online MMO's; seen to many glitches like this, to think Sega can't patch the X360 and PC versions of this game.
The problem in the coding could be buried in thousands of lines of code. Aside from the fact that someone has to sift through all these to find the one piece causing the problem, how do you know that the piece isn't integrally tied to more aspects of the game? This is somehow tied to an axe or sword PA, what happens if they hastily try and fix it and accidentally break the PA system in the process? THis would cause a much bigger problem, they are most likely working on a fix currently

Calsetes
Mar 3, 2009, 01:06 PM
I agree with the guys that say "If you use a glitch to further yourself in the game, then it's only right if you get banned." Hate to say it, but it is a clear violation of the Terms of Service which you agree to every time you log in (that's the third "accept" when you're logging in, the one after you hit "log in" and after the "yes, I know that I cannot use v1 to reconnect online after logging in with AotI"). It doesn't matter if it makes things easier, it's knowingly exploiting a glitch in the game. Theoretically they could ban anyone who used the lag trick to get a swimsuit top and regular pants back when the only option was the swimwear outfit (i.e. no seperate parts to it, so if you wanted a shirtless man, you had to "glitch" the pants on him). Since it wasn't ruining gameplay, they didn't do a ban to anyone with it, they just patched it so that next time you logged in, you were wearing whatever you put on last (i.e. the pants, the shoes, the shirt, etc.).

That's just my thoughts on it. If I saw someone using the glitch, I'd politely tell them to stop or else I'd boot them (and make a note of their info). If I saw them glitching after they left my party (say, on another character who joined my party with the same account number), that's when I'd send a mail to Sega reporting a glitch exploiter. However, I have yet to see anyone glitch to begin with, so I haven't had to do anything like that.

In summation, as stated earlier, a contract is a contract. If you break your half of the agreement (i.e. you will pay for their service, you won't abuse glitches, you won't impersonate a GM), then they can break their half of the agreement (which means they can deny service to you, delete a character, whatever they want, as it's data stored on their servers, and they can allow or deny entry to their servers to whom they see fit). It's a legally binding contract that you agree to each time (and is a reason why you have to be X number of years or older, or have a parent's / guardian's permission to play).

OldCoot
Mar 3, 2009, 01:26 PM
The last time I was in a party and another player was using this glitch, I could not get hits in on the targets. This glitch isn't helping people except the glitcher if others need that experience. It is clear that this is against the rules of the game and takes away the hard work that was setup to balance it.

No matter, people are being banned over it.

Kylie
Mar 3, 2009, 01:38 PM
More glitching on an already easy game? :nono: I don't think I've witnessed anyone doing the MGG or this crazy thing, but I wouldn't really know what to look for. I guess I'd notice if everything started dying within seconds.

Zarode
Mar 3, 2009, 01:42 PM
More glitching on an already easy game? :nono: I don't think I've witnessed anyone doing the MGG or this crazy thing, but I wouldn't really know what to look for. I guess I'd notice if everything started dying within seconds.

More numbers than usual, stun locking, staring at an enemy yet it dies or is taking a lot of damage.

Tale-tale signs.

Calsetes
Mar 3, 2009, 01:44 PM
Someone thought I was glitching once because they saw me using the "shrug" expression while attacking monsters. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just have no idea why they saw that while everyone else saw me attacking with spinning strike. Go figure.

Lunairetic
Mar 3, 2009, 03:33 PM
Glad to see some people in PSU have a backbone. Long time ago, it was hard to come by.

funnymatt
Mar 3, 2009, 05:36 PM
Whenever I see someone glitch, I make a note of their gamertag and report them for cheating on Xbox Live, and sometimes send in a support notice to Sega to report them.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 3, 2009, 06:33 PM
Well I'd prefer to be "emo" than dumb, and you're certainly playing both parts quite well. Abusing a glitch is the exact same as Codebreaker back on PSO. People like you are even worse than the ones that cheat, because earnestly speaking, you condone it, you let them make it common place. You're the type of person that let's a game like PSO, PSU or any other MO/MMO turn into a cesspool of cheating for personal gain. Ruins the game for hundreds of other people by destroying the delicate in game economy, and you don't even blink.

I dont glitch i just buff stats 42+ buffs to help my team be STRONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my friends found out how to do the glitch showed his friends it to so we have 5 fortefighters all lv150 and me acrotecher with 41+ buffs, but he needed the help of a acrotecher like me with all buffs pass 41. And my god!!! They do off the chart damage srsly!!!!! Big numbers like 24322 no bull if i had a capture card i would put it on youtube!!!

Anduril
Mar 3, 2009, 06:47 PM
Someone thought I was glitching once because they saw me using the "shrug" expression while attacking monsters. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just have no idea why they saw that while everyone else saw me attacking with spinning strike. Go figure.
That happens from time to time, though I have most often seen it with Female Techers ending up doing the Greet expression when casting.

Syn Jerriel
Mar 3, 2009, 06:58 PM
still dont see the reason why glitching is so "bad" I am pretty sure the person that made the 0% de ragan did not get banned.hmmm

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 3, 2009, 07:01 PM
Whenever I see someone glitch, I make a note of their gamertag and report them for cheating on Xbox Live, and sometimes send in a support notice to Sega to report them.

When people glitch against me like in games like Gears of War or halo3 like geting out the map or running while shooting ( crab walk gears 1and2 ) thats a pure glitch player vs player. Thats something i would report, but psu is a co op game fighting "ai" monsters why report someone killing monsters with one hit?

Syn Jerriel
Mar 3, 2009, 07:04 PM
....... why report someone killing monsters with one hit?

MEGID GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha lol

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 3, 2009, 07:07 PM
haha lol

OPPS i mean using the postive sword glitch. Not the death magic "megid"

funnymatt
Mar 3, 2009, 07:11 PM
When people glitch against me like in games like Gears of War or halo3 like geting out the map or running while shooting ( crab walk gears 1and2 ) thats a pure glitch player vs player. Thats something i would report, but psu is a co op game fighting "ai" monsters why report someone killing monsters with one hit?

Why? Because I can. And I do. Want to avoid getting reported? Don't glitch. Problem solved.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 3, 2009, 07:32 PM
Why? Because I can. And I do. Want to avoid getting reported? Don't glitch. Problem solved.

O.0 Your on that snitch status.:chuck-ball:

Lunairetic
Mar 3, 2009, 07:32 PM
I dont glitch i just buff stats 42+ buffs to help my team be STRONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my friends found out how to do the glitch showed his friends it to so we have 5 fortefighters all lv150 and me acrotecher with 41+ buffs, but he needed the help of a acrotecher like me with all buffs pass 41. And my god!!! They do off the chart damage srsly!!!!! Big numbers like 24322 no bull if i had a capture card i would put it on youtube!!!

Wow. Just wow.

Syn Jerriel
Mar 3, 2009, 08:37 PM
Actually, the person who did that, by accident, reported himself to SEGA. They said that since he didn't do anything out of the ordinary (ie. glitch to get it), he could keep it. So that really doesn't apply at all.

hmmm can u take his word for it? you REALLY never know on these kinds of things

funnymatt
Mar 3, 2009, 09:10 PM

Yes. I'm good at it.

Meta77
Mar 3, 2009, 10:25 PM
Most have to admit. one reason they get so bent out of shape is cause they cannot do the glitch and get mad cause someone else is able to get further than them in the game. so then they complain so they become even with others.

Swiftstrike
Mar 3, 2009, 11:33 PM
Most have to admit. one reason they get so bent out of shape is cause they cannot do the glitch and get mad cause someone else is able to get further than them in the game. so then they complain so they become even with others.

Or they get out of bent because the glitch is so easy that anyone can do it and it changes normal gameplay.

xzidanex
Mar 4, 2009, 01:33 AM
The best part of this whole thread, is that I haven't heard somebody make fun of another person for being a snitch, since the first grade. It's awesome.

Proff
Mar 4, 2009, 03:58 AM
My only point was that banning people over the glitch does NOT fix the problem. Glitchers will play alone in locked games. To stop the glitch, it needs to be REMOVED. I never said they shouldn't be banned. I said, in my opinion, perma-ban seems excessive. My opinion, it ain't changing. I know what we all agreed to when we agree to the ToS. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. Real life is great when people don't all have to think the same and like the same stuff.

Saying that it's too much trouble for Sega to patch it is absolute bullshit. Every single person playing pays to play. Soon, we'll be paying extra from their cash-shop. It's their fucking job to maintain their game. Just about every other online MMO I've ever played keeps their shit up to date and fixes as many glitches as they can.

I don't give a flying shit about how many lines of code there are. If the other major developers, who charge you monthly to play, can fix their games, then so can Sega. I mean, that's what they get paid for. "The work is too hard" is a shitty reason to not patch this game. "We don't really give a fuck and we know you'll just keep paying us" sounds more like it. And it's not like Sega is some tiny little company that lacks resources. EVERYBODY knows the name Sega, especially in Japan. Their reputation for maintaining quality with their titles is about as good as a Madcatz controller.

Lind Lawliet
Mar 4, 2009, 04:23 AM
Your on that moron status. <3

haha lol
I lol'd.

My only point was that banning people over the glitch does NOT fix the problem. Glitchers will play alone in locked games. To stop the glitch, it needs to be REMOVED. I never said they shouldn't be banned. I said, in my opinion, perma-ban seems excessive. My opinion, it ain't changing. I know what we all agreed to when we agree to the ToS. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. Real life is great when people don't all have to think the same and like the same stuff.

Saying that it's too much trouble for Sega to patch it is absolute bullshit. Every single person playing pays to play. Soon, we'll be paying extra from their cash-shop. It's their fucking job to maintain their game. Just about every other online MMO I've ever played keeps their shit up to date and fixes as many glitches as they can.

I don't give a flying shit about how many lines of code there are. If the other major developers, who charge you monthly to play, can fix their games, then so can Sega. I mean, that's what they get paid for. "The work is too hard" is a shitty reason to not patch this game. "We don't really give a fuck and we know you'll just keep paying us" sounds more like it. And it's not like Sega is some tiny little company that lacks resources. EVERYBODY knows the name Sega, especially in Japan. Their reputation for maintaining quality with their titles is about as good as a Madcatz controller.
This is true. Even though we have an obligation not to use glitches, SEGA has the obligation to maintain their game as long as we pay. The work isn't too hard, it's laziness, that's what it is. I personally believe anyone who thinks this can be solved by simply reporting glitchers is an idiot, and whoever wastes their time to report people continuously is too. If you don't like people who make the game easy, just boot them or leave the party, and blacklist them. The glitch isn't even that big, yet all of you are making a big deal out if it. The only time I've ever seen it is when my friend used it to show off for a quick second. The glitching isn't going to stop because everyone in PSU fears to be banned, it's a game, they shouldn't really care.

In my honest opinion, I don't care how long this glitch goes on, and if you report them or not. It's just a game, after all.

Syl
Mar 4, 2009, 05:31 AM
The best part of this whole thread, is that I haven't heard somebody make fun of another person for being a snitch, since the first grade. It's awesome.

ooooooooo imma tell teacher on uuuuuuuuuuUUUUU!!!!

lulz aside, there's a reason why it's a glitch. It's not the way the game was meant to be even considered to be played like. Not only is it abusing a bug in the game, but perpetually leads to obtaining stuff (rarz, EXP/MP, etc.) much quicker which leads to making it unfair for the fair players. People shouldn't have to exploit to get ahead. Not to mention it's stupid considering how LOL EZ MODE PSU is :nono:

It's like saying you and your friends can go rob a store because it's much faster than having to work for your own money. Not exactly the same metaphorical concept, but yeah >_>

Lind Lawliet
Mar 4, 2009, 05:55 AM
ooooooooo imma tell teacher on uuuuuuuuuuUUUUU!!!!

lulz aside, there's a reason why it's a glitch. It's not the way the game was meant to be even considered to be played like. Not only is it abusing a bug in the game, but perpetually leads to obtaining stuff (rarz, EXP/MP, etc.) much quicker which leads to making it unfair for the fair players. People shouldn't have to exploit to get ahead. Not to mention it's stupid considering how LOL EZ MODE PSU is :nono:

It's like saying you and your friends can go rob a store because it's much faster than having to work for your own money. Not exactly the same metaphorical concept, but yeah >_>

Nah, it's nothing like saying you're robbing a store because it's faster to gain money, because people actually CARE when you rob stores.

And this game barely makes anything easier since there's barely any 'rares' to begin with. And it's not like it makes them more likely to get a rare simply because they do missions faster, I've seen kids say, "I did 300 runs and still no rares."

I do agree with the EXP and MP thing though.

Sidney
Mar 4, 2009, 07:17 AM
I think it's incredibly sad if you have to glitch in a game that's already easy to begin with.

Meta77
Mar 4, 2009, 02:49 PM
mommy he killed the monster to fast and thus made me getting my butt smacked around the stage less fun lol......sorry just had to post that.

Swiftstrike
Mar 4, 2009, 03:44 PM

Im sorry, you may have forgot how to read ....

the posts say "do you know long it takes"

A person can't simply snap thier fingers and ta-da its done!

Is it taking a long time? Sure, but thats expected for a glitch like this.

Do you know what causes it? no?

The code it takes to let you simply equip your PA to your weapon is likely hundreds of lines long and mixed with thousands of other codes. That may not even be the problem, but just a result of it.

It sickens me how uninformed people are and decide they know the situation (not directed to you in paticular).

How do i know that Sega is trying to fix this? Of course not, but lets hope they are.

Lind Lawliet
Mar 4, 2009, 04:13 PM
mommy he killed the monster to fast and thus made me getting my butt smacked around the stage less fun lol......sorry just had to post that.

This sarcasm makes me laugh a lot.
I love it.

Proff
Mar 4, 2009, 07:22 PM
Im sorry, you may have forgot how to read ....

the posts say "do you know long it takes"

A person can't simply snap thier fingers and ta-da its done!

Is it taking a long time? Sure, but thats expected for a glitch like this.

Do you know what causes it? no?

The code it takes to let you simply equip your PA to your weapon is likely hundreds of lines long and mixed with thousands of other codes. That may not even be the problem, but just a result of it.

It sickens me how uninformed people are and decide they know the situation (not directed to you in paticular).

How do i know that Sega is trying to fix this? Of course not, but lets hope they are.
PSU came out in October of 2006. It doesn't take 2 and a half years to fix a bug. The glitch has been around since at least February of 2007, that I'm aware of. Just because people are just now noob it up with the glitch, does not make it new. Again, when major glitches that actually break games come up, they're usually patched within 2 or 3 weeks (unless it's PSU by Sega). Sega doesn't care. Sega isn't working on a solution. Dance around all you like and keep on defending them. This glitch is OLD, REALLY OLD. If they wanted to fix it, it'd have been done. They don't care about it; they care about $$$.

Yunfa
Mar 4, 2009, 08:27 PM
This "glitch" isn't even worth it, you're literally a sitting duck by going through the trouble you have to do through in the menu ALL FOR ONE LOUSY HIT when the party members already wiped out half of the room.

/thread

Syn Jerriel
Mar 4, 2009, 10:54 PM
I lol'd.

yea i knew some one would :)