PDA

View Full Version : "noob"

fortetoker
Mar 3, 2009, 11:28 AM
one of the bigest things that annoys me on this game is when im called a noob bcuz sum1 doesnt like that i dont accept a trade offer or something else dum. especially when my id is 11k and my weps are basicaly 46%+ and PA's are almost all 50. So then when im called a noob i ask them to race me if they think im such a noob and their so great and let me tell u they come up with some pretty creative excuses not to race lol just wondering if this anoys ppl as much as me.

ashley50
Mar 3, 2009, 11:31 AM
ignore them?

Ethateral
Mar 3, 2009, 11:42 AM
I will say it again, IDs mean nothing. It's just a number to boost egos. >_>

Just ignore them. =/ Silence, really is the best treatment.

Calsetes
Mar 3, 2009, 11:45 AM
I've been called a newbie several times (even though I've been playing since day 1). Don't let it get to you, no matter what you do, you can't please all of the people all of the time. Personally, I'm not in the habit of calling someone a newbie unless it's obvious it's their first time doing something, and even then I don't mean it in any disrespect (I think "noob" is the disrespectful way of calling someone that, much like certain slang terms can mean different things depending on how they're used, what context it's in, etc.).

Anyway, to answer your original question yes, it does sometimes chafe my chaps when someone calls me a noob for... let's say not having the best equipment, not having tons of money, for being one of the few who uses fighter classes and not using axes or spears... but everyone is entitled to their opinion, and my opinion is that if you have the skill, you don't need to rely on heavy-hitting attacks all the time. Case in point, one time during 1-Up Cup, I was the leader of a party that was going to do the Neudaiz mission, and the monsters were going to be fire and ice element. Some guy demanded that the party leader kick me because I didn't have the "right equipment" and was too low in level (he was maybe 10 levels higher than me). I told him to worry about himself, that I can take care of myself just fine, and that we should get started. Sure enough, after 3 or 4 rooms, he died several times whereas I had yet to go into the yellow (and we were the same class and everything). He left after calling me a "noob." Go figure.

Sorry about all the text, just getting my two cents' worth.

dark_ryok
Mar 3, 2009, 11:46 AM
I always get this when I play on my lowest character. Apparently if you arent above 100 because of the event, you are also a noob. I just ignore them. All you can really do is blacklist them. Sadly, theres nothing you can do about a player being an elitist ***hole.

JAFO22000
Mar 3, 2009, 11:55 AM
Maybe it's your grammar?!?!

Cracka_J
Mar 3, 2009, 11:55 AM
I dunno why people get so bothered by name calling in games. You obviously have something that the other person desires, and they are resorting to name calling because you wont give it to them.

Hell, if that happened to me over a trade, I probably would have opened and closed several trade windows with the desired item in it just to see how much more fired up they would get. Probably result in a BL, but you know, sometimes lulz are much more important :)

darkante
Mar 3, 2009, 12:14 PM
The people who go around calling noobs all the time, is usually the one that lack the skills themselves. They think equipment and status makes the player, which is big lie.
They just won´t admit it and resort to name calling to feel better. Irony at its finest.

I´ve seen some FM and GM die more often then my PT, which i find funny in a way.

Mr T 13
Mar 3, 2009, 12:14 PM
Why I remember when me and some friends were playing in uni. 11 (when it was just uni. 11) and we ran into some chumps while that said "get out of our universe noobs." They said this just by seeing us and based off nothing else. Then my friends got into a big argument (putting it lightly) with them and they said out weapons sucked because they didn't have enough grinds and that their 7/7 Twin Tornado was better than my 2/10 Twin Tornado. More or less they were your grade "A" or shall I say "S" morons. My friends and them went at it for a good while and I just sat and whatched. I suggest not getting involved with these people because someone else most likely will and then you have some good entertainment. And being a lower ID means that your sort of the elder and they say you gain patience with age so I suggest expressing it. The only thing that makes these types of people even more sad than they already are is when they get angrier at someone because that person won't even acknowledge their existance.

PepperCat
Mar 3, 2009, 12:26 PM
I dunno why people get so bothered by name calling in games. You obviously have something that the other person desires, and they are resorting to name calling because you wont give it to them.

Hell, if that happened to me over a trade, I probably would have opened and closed several trade windows with the desired item in it just to see how much more fired up they would get. Probably result in a BL, but you know, sometimes lulz are much more important :)

Cracka... you're such a good troll.

*takes notes for future use*

Zarode
Mar 3, 2009, 12:40 PM
If it bothers you, then you must be one.

fortetoker
Mar 3, 2009, 12:54 PM
I will say it again, IDs mean nothing. It's just a number to boost egos. >_>

Just ignore them. =/ Silence, really is the best treatment.

actually ur eu # does mean something "noob" or newb means ur new to the game ur eu # shows when u started the game so if its low u r not a newb in that sense of being new to the game

fortetoker
Mar 3, 2009, 12:55 PM
If it bothers you, then you must be one.

y do u come in here trying to cause problems?

Zarode
Mar 3, 2009, 12:59 PM
Truth hurts.

Zorafim
Mar 3, 2009, 01:24 PM
Noob is nothing more than a word people use when they can't think of any real insult. Them saying it is pretty much an admittance of defeat, if going by an argumentative standpoint.

kyle21
Mar 3, 2009, 01:35 PM
If you can't get past stage 3 in Beta bonus that's when I start throwing the 'noob' card out. :)

Cracka_J
Mar 3, 2009, 01:49 PM
Cracka... you're such a good troll.

*takes notes for future use*

hay it's not trolling if you give protips ;]

Yunfa
Mar 3, 2009, 02:00 PM
Truth hurts.

Indeed

-> Also for people who does not know of this guy, a while back when a group of people were having a meeting for a new starting "group" that specializes in helping out new players, he comes along and crashes the meeting up by pretending to be the leader and typing things like "COME TO ME FOR FREE 100k!" while standing next to the people who was in charge of the meeting.

Don't think i forgot Head Hunter, I was there and I witnessed everything.

Shame on you!

fortetoker
Mar 3, 2009, 02:06 PM
Indeed

-> Also for people who does not know of this guy, a while back when a group of people were having a meeting for a new starting "group" that specializes in helping out new players, he comes along and crashes the meeting up by pretending to be the leader and typing things like "COME TO ME FOR FREE 100k!" while standing next to the people who was in charge of the meeting.

Don't think i forgot Head Hunter, I was there and I witnessed everything.

Shame on you!

i never said i was leader their was a lot of new ppl gathering at the club and i gave whoever wanted it 100k each 1 person 400k to give the new members a good start is that bad or something? =/

Mimo
Mar 3, 2009, 02:08 PM
haha, that sounds like something i did once, but i didnt spam in the meeting, i just sat next to a friend poking him. "poke"

hey, he invited me D;

if youre a spammer, don't be surprised to be called a noob =} and dont provoke ppl to 'race' with you, because they gain motivation into calling you a nub :\

fortetoker
Mar 3, 2009, 02:08 PM
Truth hurts.

ok then so like all the other ppl that call me a noob how am i a noob and how can u prove ur better than me bcuz like every1 else i bet u wont even race me. nice try tho.

Calsetes
Mar 3, 2009, 02:09 PM
Who, Zarode or forte? Just curious, is all.

Edit: Nevermind, saw those posts. Also forte, you don't have to prove to anyone you're not a newbie. Just play with them, and keep a mental track of how often they die, or heal up, or something. And don't gloat about it afterwards, unless they make it a point to bring it up. Proving to them that you're not a "noob" means sometimes having to show you're not the petty whining....... well, let's just say it's a synonym for a gender of canine, that they think you are. That's my suggestion. I honestly don't race people because I tend to have bouts of bad luck when it counts, like the one time my friends and I split up to do a mission in two teams - a guntecher and a fighmaster beat my team of a fortefighter (me), a guntecher, and a fortegunner. Then again, we had a room where one guy spawned at a time, and he was a really weak guy, but having to wait for him to die, then disappear, then wait for the next guy to pop up, just kinda killed our time. We never died, never got seriously hurt, just had that one bad room.

ashley50
Mar 3, 2009, 02:12 PM
Truth hurts.
I lol'd

fortetoker
Mar 3, 2009, 02:17 PM
Who, Zarode or forte? Just curious, is all.

zarode thinks im a noob which is funny bcuz he wont race me

Noob is nothing more than a word people use when they can't think of any real insult. Them saying it is pretty much an admittance of defeat, if going by an argumentative standpoint.
very true

Cracka_J
Mar 3, 2009, 02:18 PM
ok then so like all the other ppl that call me a noob how am i a noob and how can u prove ur better than me bcuz like every1 else i bet u wont even race me. nice try tho.

because you're letting it get to you. the guy that called you a noob already won a long time ago. the fact that you made a thread about it and still take offense to it proves both his and zarode's point. noob.

fortetoker
Mar 3, 2009, 02:23 PM
because you're letting it get to you. the guy that called you a noob already won a long time ago. the fact that you made a thread about it and still take offense to it proves both his and zarode's point. noob.
no offense i have nothing better to do on this game than teach ppl that they arent as good as they think they r and shouldnt walk around callin every1 a noob when they themselves r 1.

Calsetes
Mar 3, 2009, 02:31 PM
Hey, you can help me find some good stuffs in that thar game, I won't call you a noob, newb. Hahahahaha, just kidding.

(Psst, if you wanna come off a bit more "professional" sounding, don't abbreviate everything as r, 1, u, that kind of thing. Not trying to be mean, it just comes off as a more mature thing, and helps dispel this whole "noob" thing.)

Darius_Drake
Mar 3, 2009, 02:31 PM
Don't bother with those people. Back when Gudda Hon's were big stuff for those who used knuckles, some people wanted to call me a noob because I was still using A rank knuckles on a max character. It didn't bother me, but if they ran a mission with me and found out that my 46%+, highly grinded Gudda Gants, combined with the Rabol Gant armor made their Gudda Hon's look like trash they got quiet. Just laugh at them. You know your not a noob. Most likely they know as well, they just want to get under your skin. If you know your character is better and they are trying to be elitist, it's kind of funny.

Zyrusticae
Mar 3, 2009, 02:33 PM
Good grief...

This is not a chatroom. This is not in-game, and you do not have to deal with an absurdly low character limit. You have a theoretically unlimited amount of time to correct your posts. At least spell out your words instead of using chatroom stand-ins...

Also, grow some thicker skin. It helps. Especially on the internets!

sovalou
Mar 3, 2009, 02:37 PM
If you can't get past stage 3 in Beta bonus that's when I start throwing the 'noob' card out. :)

i cant get past stage 3. so I am noob. ;-;

autumn
Mar 3, 2009, 03:02 PM
I laugh at people who get upset over being called a noob. Call me what you want, I might even not be as good as whoever is calling names but at least I'm having fun. Also player ID number means nothing. My clan has some low ID people who quit for months and didn't remember much about the game while a few other members have multiple accounts where the ID is really high but they've been playing forever.

In short: don't judge others. Its a game, ya know that thing that is meant for fun? :P

Syl
Mar 3, 2009, 04:48 PM
I laugh at people who get upset over being called a noob. Call me what you want, I might even not be as good as whoever is calling names but at least I'm having fun. Also player ID number means nothing. My clan has some low ID people who quit for months and didn't remember much about the game while a few other members have multiple accounts where the ID is really high but they've been playing forever.

In short: don't judge others. Its a game, ya know that thing that is meant for fun? :P

Quoted for truth :wacko:

If you seriously get bent out of shape over people calling you a noob though, you're just adding onto the insult and pretty much confirming that you are one. Besides, racing? Seriously? There's places where one class will dominate over another, it doesn't mean anything in the end.

It's kind of sad, PSU doesn't take much skill to be good at, just time. Your ID# is just like a person's age, you can still be a stupid immature asshole at age 30 or be an honest mature kid at age 14. It doesn't mean anything.

MetaZedlen
Mar 3, 2009, 05:52 PM

Well, it's a wonder why you constantly get put down, try using proper grammer in your sentences and people wouldn't chew you out so much.

*waits for Kodia*

lantis-zagato
Mar 3, 2009, 05:56 PM
You know what's funny. I was in a random party and someone joined who then started talking about comics. X-men and stuff like that. When I was a kid I used to collect the cards and watch the TV show but he must be the ultimate fan because he was spouting off about level 4 mutant this and that. When I started to ask some questions because I was generally interested he called me a noob for being so stupid and not knowing half as much as him when it came to comic book characters. I thought it was funny so I started asking really stupid questions and he kept on answering, then following up with some degrading comment about how stupid I was and how I shouldn't be allowed to play PSU. I thought it was funny that he was making fun of me because he was such a comic geek. (No offense to anyone who loves comics and that sort of stuff. I do have a general interest but am by no means an expert). At first I wanted to get angry and verbally lay into him with my fist but that's just how some people are. Once a bully always a bully I suppose.

Volcompat321
Mar 3, 2009, 11:08 PM
i cant get past stage 3. so I am noob. ;-;

lies. lol.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 3, 2009, 11:17 PM
Old stupid is old. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157411&highlight=Noob)

MetaZedlen
Mar 4, 2009, 02:55 AM
Old stupid is old. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157411&highlight=Noob)

I was waiting for someone to bring that up again XD

Mr T 13
Mar 4, 2009, 08:14 AM
Just remember! "Men are like steel, when they lose their temper, they lose their worth." Chuck Norris