PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Considering buying PSU for the 360 (previously on PC)

tikigod13
Mar 3, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hello everyone,

Me and my brother are thinking of picking up PSU for the 360 because we just got one. We had bought it at launch for the PC but we didn't like it very much and were not pleased. We quickly got rid of it and I got it again about 6 months ago for the PC, with substantially less players and I couldn't get into it. But on the 360 it looks like a lot of fun for the fact you can just download the expansion from the marketplace and you have a nice controller and its in HD (I had a lot of tearing in the graphics on the PC). With the expansion there seems to be a giant array of weapons (something that we didn't have at launch) and it just looks really fun. I was just asking what has changed. There seem to be many new levels and items. Is it still hard to get the PM to level up? Also the main question I want to know is about how many players play on the 360 version. Is it hard to get groups? If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. See you all there hopefully.

P.S. We are aware that you have to purchase gametime on the marketplace

Calsetes
Mar 3, 2009, 03:31 PM
Well, since launch on both servers they added a ton of new stuff (mostly it was already there, just had to be "unlocked" on the servers). I will say this - if you're getting it for the 360, then you're going to have to find both a copy of PSU and purchase the expansion off the marketplace, and from what I've heard, copies of the 360 version of PSU have been dwindling a bit. As for PM levels, it depends on what kind of PMs you want - ranged PMs are probably the easiest ones to get, since you can buy traps and feed it those all day and you'll have a max ranged PM in no time at all. As for the others... I've been playing since launch (on the PC servers) and I still have been trying to get a tech and an armor PM up to 100. My armor one made it's first evolution, but my tech guy....

From what I've heard, there's a ton of people on the 360 version compared to the PC version. As in, PC version is lucky to get more than 2 stars during a busy non-event time, whereas 360 might have a full universe, maybe half another one normally. That theoretically should make it easier to get groups. People are still spamming one or two missions though, so the hardest part of getting a group is getting TO the group if you haven't marked the lobby (oh, they added a lobby teleport feature, you go to Raffon Base once with a char, that char can pay to fly there any time after that).

Other than that, can't really answer any questions about the actual 360 community, as I play on PC. There's rumors and stereotypes out there, but again, just rumors and stereotypes to me, no actual knowledge. Hope this was helpful.

JAFO22000
Mar 3, 2009, 03:44 PM
There are still a lot of players on the 360 side, but take that for what it is: You will run into a lot more dullards and jackasses on the 360. It is not hard to get a group (assuming you want to run the mission-du-jour) but it can be frustrating to find a good group, i.e. a group that doesn't boot you at boss boxes or a group that doesn't have some spunky child yelling every profanity known to man over the microphone because he can.

I always say if you didn't like the game on the PC then chances are you aren't going to like it on the 360 either. Really, the only difference is population. It's like choosing to live in a small town where everyone knows each other and are civil and friendly (PC/PS2) vs. living in the big city where more is happening, but there is a lot more noise, crime and fucktards.

funnymatt
Mar 3, 2009, 05:29 PM
There are still a lot of players on the 360 side, but take that for what it is: You will run into a lot more dullards and jackasses on the 360. It is not hard to get a group (assuming you want to run the mission-du-jour) but it can be frustrating to find a good group, i.e. a group that doesn't boot you at boss boxes or a group that doesn't have some spunky child yelling every profanity known to man over the microphone because he can.

I always say if you didn't like the game on the PC then chances are you aren't going to like it on the 360 either. Really, the only difference is population. It's like choosing to live in a small town where everyone knows each other and are civil and friendly (PC/PS2) vs. living in the big city where more is happening, but there is a lot more noise, crime and fucktards.

I dispute your assertions.

fay
Mar 3, 2009, 05:58 PM
its realllllllllllllly hard to find a PSU disk for the 360 now.
i checked fecking everywhere for it and couldnt find another.

Volcompat321
Mar 3, 2009, 06:08 PM

i agree somewhat. we on the pc/ps2 side do have the assholes and what not, but there are few of them compared to the 360 side.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 3, 2009, 07:30 PM
its realllllllllllllly hard to find a PSU disk for the 360 now.
i checked fecking everywhere for it and couldnt find another.
Never under estimate the power of eBay lol

http://search.ebay.com/Phantasy-Star-Universe_W0QQa14Z43930QQalistZa14QQfromZR40QQgcsZ1 135QQpfidZ1413QQpfmodeZ2QQreqtypeZ1QQsacatZQ2d100

when i started i got my copy for $9.00

sovalou
Mar 3, 2009, 09:55 PM
Just get the PC version...You will technically make the same or even larger number of friends there, not to mention the family feeling also since every generally knows or is linked to a certain someone all the time. When you join the PC version its a black stain on a pure white shirt, you will stand out and get noticed. Unlike the large lake and peeble analogy with the 360 servers.

Meta77
Mar 3, 2009, 10:21 PM
all lies my town has tons of psu for 360 games......but used.....oh and best buy.....never mind we still have plenty. and if you cant find one in store theres always.............amazon......or ejay.

Shinko
Mar 3, 2009, 10:48 PM
Well Yea i think its worth it. I made the switch myself and I'm glad I did.
Yea you get a little more assholes and scammers but i still think its worth it. It's just not enough ppl on the pc/ps2 side. I play to play with others. the main point to a mmo is playing with a lot of ppl not just a small amount. not matter if even most of that small amount is mature (which is not true)

all lies my town has tons of psu for 360 games......but used.....oh and best buy.....never mind we still have plenty. and if you cant find one in store theres always.............amazon......or ejay.

Yea i have to argee with this. Gamestop's around me still sell them new so it not hard to find it at all. There used ones and like you said amazon and ebay

Volcompat321
Mar 3, 2009, 11:18 PM
yea i recently(4 months ago) bought psu for the pc, brand new since they dont take used pc games....anyway, they had a bunch...like 15 i saw. but thats only this one lol. go to florida, seems we have a lot of psu discs lying around.

Cracka_J
Mar 4, 2009, 11:35 AM
its in HD (I had a lot of tearing in the graphics on the PC)

Problem was yo video card then, not the game.
Anyone seeing the game on both a 360 and PC (with highest resolution/gfx settings) can attest that the PC ver. hands down offers the best visual quality of the 3 platforms.

That's not saying the 360 ver is bad visually, but in direct comparison to a PC running max specs, it's definitely not the best choice in the gfx department.

Akaimizu
Mar 4, 2009, 11:46 AM
Best performance, definitely on PC due to being able to outspec the required specs. All versions could use a major optimization of code, but the PC can at least overcome the overhead in hardware upgrades.

Don't know if they fixed it for the PC, but the 360 version has full widescreen support, which looks beautiful on a HDTV. In terms of screen real-estate, I like the 360 version. However, I do have a personal preference for screen real-estate. Well, and that, at the time I didn't have a PC that could run the game without a lot of slowdowns. Apparently a single core processor 2.8 Ghz and a Nvidia 7600 wasn't enough.

Cracka_J
Mar 4, 2009, 12:15 PM
Don't know if they fixed it for the PC, but the 360 version has full widescreen support, which looks beautiful on a HDTV. In terms of screen real-estate, I like the 360 version. However, I do have a personal preference for screen real-estate. Well, and that, at the time I didn't have a PC that could run the game without a lot of slowdowns. Apparently a single core processor 2.8 Ghz and a Nvidia 7600 wasn't enough.

Yeah, PC got widescreen support with AOI. Unfortunately, there's only 1 widescreen resolution (can't remember the exact dimensions), and it's nowhere near the quality of the max square picture resolution. Still, the max res is very very pretty, and I played in windows mode anyway, so no biggie.

I ran a Nvidia 7600GS when I got my new PC in '07. While it did the job, I couldn't run at max spec and I got noticeable slowdown with too many party members/gfx. I upgraded it to an 8800GT last summer and it killed all the slowdown I was getting. Even when MF got 41+ techs, it took at least 4 MF spamming them in my face to get any slowdown at all. Really inexpensive, reliable card if looking to get the best out of psu on PC.

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 4, 2009, 07:19 PM
In my experience people in small towns are more of douchebags than people in big places. I live in NYC now after having been in a town of 16,000 for two years. The crime in per-person ratio is much lower here. It's more diverse and interesting in New York City, there's more to do, more people to meet and altogether just a better time. Honestly, the more the merrier in real life and in MMOs.

Yunfa
Mar 4, 2009, 08:22 PM
"yea i recently(4 months ago) bought psu for the pc"

if you googled you could've saved yourself the money you spent :X

ShadowXion
Mar 5, 2009, 12:27 PM
How is the economy in the 360 community as opposed to the PS2/PC economy? When I quit the PS2 version, things were just starting to get really bad. Everything was extremely over priced, no matter if it was rare or well ranked.

Volcompat321
Mar 6, 2009, 03:09 AM
"yea i recently(4 months ago) bought psu for the pc"

if you googled you could've saved yourself the money you spent :X

googled it and save money? i downloaded aoi(if i can say that here?)
and i reinstalled my pc, didnt feel like dl it again, i own it for the ps2, but
decided to play on pc, for the graphics, and LESS lag, it works great for my
pc, and spending 20 dollars on a game is nothing, id rather not buy used anything
seeing how some people cant keep shit in a good condition sometimes.
i own psu for all 3 systems....lol...and by far think the ps2/pc is a better community
than 360. the people are WAY nicer, and open to new people.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 04:54 AM
no hackers on the 360 atm

Plus woot chatting with the players without typing :whip:

before any1 bawwws about little 5 year olds theres a mute option for single players if your not yet aware of this so Woot no more annoying ppl or *gasp*party chat/private chat:whip:

pc gfx better if you have a decent one otherwise 360+HD woot:whip: