PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 - WTF?!

godpantsminus
Mar 4, 2009, 03:57 AM
So, I'm running a mission. Someone joins. Fine. a level 100+ joins my lvl 27 character. I bring this up to them, merely stating that there's a huge level gap, they ask me my point. I tell them that since the creatures are level 25 in the mission, and they have about 75 or so levels on them, they'll be killing everything before I can even get a hit in (and thus partial xp) This must have set off some form of pre-teen rage in them, they then said: "F you to bich @ss Ho" (I'm quoting them verbatim.)
With the explanation aside, I really hope my time on PSU has no more encounters like this. To not quite get the basic concept of "No EXP = no point" (barring grinding a mission with a high level friend for the express purpose of job points) is kinda trespassing into territory no intelligent person should venture, but to then get mad about and throw a hissy fit? Come the F*** on.
I came back to PSU (well, switched from PS2 to 360 is more appropriate) because I enjoyed the fun I had with the small clique of friends I had made in game. If things are going to continue like this, then I may as well just play PS:P and Zero when it comes out stateside.
Anyway, sorry to vent, but felt the need.
Also, if anyone has a character in the late 20's or early 30's, I'm looking for some worthwhile people to run missions with.

Lind Lawliet
Mar 4, 2009, 04:09 AM
So, I'm running a mission. Someone joins. Fine. a level 100+ joins my lvl 27 character. I bring this up to them, merely stating that there's a huge level gap, they ask me my point. I tell them that since the creatures are level 25 in the mission, and they have about 75 or so levels on them, they'll be killing everything before I can even get a hit in (and thus partial xp) This must have set off some form of pre-teen rage in them, they then said: "F you to bich @ss Ho" (I'm quoting them verbatim.)
With the explanation aside, I really hope my time on PSU has no more encounters like this. To not quite get the basic concept of "No EXP = no point" (barring grinding a mission with a high level friend for the express purpose of job points) is kinda trespassing into territory no intelligent person should venture, but to then get mad about and throw a hissy fit? Come the F*** on.
I came back to PSU (well, switched from PS2 to 360 is more appropriate) because I enjoyed the fun I had with the small clique of friends I had made in game. If things are going to continue like this, then I may as well just play PS:P and Zero when it comes out stateside.
Anyway, sorry to vent, but felt the need.
Also, if anyone has a character in the late 20's or early 30's, I'm looking for some worthwhile people to run missions with.
Lol.
Some weak minded people are like that. They think they can yell at you and trash talk you because you can't reach them in real life. Or they think it's "cool" to curse continuously. Just ignore them, I've only had ONE run in with anyone rude or stupid, in my own opinion. I'll just say this, kids on the 360 side especially, are not worth getting worked up over in the future. It makes you look like an idiot or just as immature as the one who provoked you. If you ignore them, or simply boot them, they'll go away. I know this because my so called friend is exactly like this. I can tolerate stupidity, though.

Magician
Mar 4, 2009, 07:03 AM
Nobody likes rejection. Although he responded to your question poorly, the manner of his response is a common tale. Some folks are civil, some are emotionally immature, some are elitest, some are bigots, and others are scammers. You'll come across the full gamut of individual personalities when you play online games. Your best bet is to try to meet up with reputable, long-standing psu players; there are a number of them here.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 4, 2009, 09:02 AM
I came back to PSU (well, switched from PS2 to 360 is more appropriate)
There's your mistake.

I suppose I can't say much, though, since I've never played on the 360 servers. I was around for the...*ahem*...billing problem back in the summer. PC side really wasn't that bad. I would say I enjoyed it, if my computer could have supported it. Running at like 15 frames a second wasn't my idea of fun. Standing in...Neudaiz(I think it was) put a strain on my computer, which made me sad. ;-;

I haven't played on the 360 servers, but everything I've heard about them makes me not want to.

amtalx
Mar 4, 2009, 10:25 AM
Don't let the bad apples spoil the bunch. There are just as many idiots if you walk outside and talk to people face to face. Anyway, if you need some help I can level you. My GT is in my profile.

Retehi
Mar 4, 2009, 03:40 PM
hay guys my console is better than yours

Dorks.

Kent
Mar 4, 2009, 05:06 PM
On 360?

Gamertag > Submit Player Review > Avoid This Player.
Gamertag > File Complaint.

Boot from game, assuming you're leader.

SStrikerR
Mar 4, 2009, 05:24 PM
If you haven't played on them, don't bash them :]

That being said, it's clear that some of the the PC users think they're amazing and some sort of holy emperors. You're not. There's people just like you on the 360 servers. It's just most 360 users don't also have computers, so they can't post here.

Also, the PC server is full of hackers. I prefer not being scammed to being hacked. :]

Threads about PC hacking:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=99602

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159084

Not saying I condone it, nor enjoy that bad things are happening to fellow PSUers, but you have no right to talk about our servers with your being hacked. =/
Oh look guys, a console war, started by your very own ZeroTheBurninator!
Nitro merely said that what he himself had HEARD made HIM not want to play on the 360 servers. Personally, I sure as hell wouldn't want to either. Most 360 users don't have computers? That's a laugh. So the PC servers are "full of hackers" you say? Every since the original hack wave early on in PSU's life, we've had less then 5 hackers, and they're dealt with quickly. Basically, you attacked us and our servers, because you either misread or didn't understand Nitro. Either way, you went a little to far with your own bashing, buddy. Nice one.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 4, 2009, 10:12 PM
I'm glad Striker can actually read posts correctly. He pretty much said what I was thinking. :]

Solstis
Mar 4, 2009, 10:38 PM
You people are weird.

"I'm not a fanboy, but." Okay. Whatever floats your conscience boat.

I know I'm ruining the surprise, but this is directed at you. No, not you.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 4, 2009, 10:48 PM
I'm just saying, what I've heard about the 360 servers doesn't make me particularly want to join them.

If a whole bunch of people tell you that a resturaunt has really bad food, are you gonna wanna go there?

Then again, if you've never been there, how do you know for sure it's bad?

It's a two sided argument, with no real answer, except play them both or don't play at all.

Sorry if I made you mad, by the way. I can see why you'd get irritated. I get really irritated about kids AND people bashing the game because of that.

McLaughlin
Mar 4, 2009, 11:42 PM
If you think it's bad now Zero, you should have been around before launch.

I think the biggest reason the PC/PS2 players don't have this "idiot epidemic" is because all the hacking and billing errors over the span of PSU's life has run off all the people without a genuine interest in the game (and are therefor less likely to be a bunch of dinks).

Another thing is that I think, because of the smaller population, the PC/PS2 folks have a set of regular party members they play with. On the 360, there are a lot more open pick up rooms around, which increases your chances of finding a jerk. They're the ones who start the open rooms because they've got no actual friends to play with.

Pheonix123
Mar 5, 2009, 09:56 PM
meh, the PSU servers, theyre just like the real internet like this forum here, there are people who will kindly and respectfully leave if asked too, and then there are immature, senseless morons who will whine, cry and curse up a storm like no tomorrow and then leave. It's those morons that are often the easiest to find and the hardest to avoid.