PDA

View Full Version : PSU Players answer my question or GM

john311
Mar 4, 2009, 04:00 AM
The other day I was running around carnival and was talking to ppl, and anyway I saw this person saying he can "scan" your char and tell you who your alts were, so I asked him to scan me for kicks, and he got everyone right!!? I asked him to scan a friends ID and he got that person's main/alts right too. I have never met this person before let alone give him my card. He also scanned like 5 other ppl and got it right. (this is on ps2/pc servers side)

Now, I wanna know how a person can do this. Some ppl say that the guy migt be a GM, but tbh he was rather offensive in his part(being offensive to some other players) so he cant be a GM, anyway can anyone answer me on this?

I've also been playing over a year and I havent heard of anything like this before, so I'm not new to the game.I've also written down the guy's info If a GM wanted to track him if he might be doing something wrong here

Skye-Fox713
Mar 4, 2009, 05:16 AM
Hmm, I as well have been playing the game for at least a year and I know of no feature that allows you to inspect a player and see the all of the characters that player has. the only inspection that is allowed is to be able to view the stat/weapon/armor, ect of the character the player is currently using ingame.

Plus GM's have blue text for their name.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 4, 2009, 05:20 AM
Wasn't there a hacker on earlier today? Very possible it was him.

Arika
Mar 4, 2009, 08:51 AM
Wasn't there a hacker on earlier today? Very possible it was him.
wut? hacker again!?
so what he did this time? and how did you know there was a hacker?

Arada
Mar 4, 2009, 09:13 AM
There's a new thread on the official forum.

All Psycho Wands and a good number of Yashas have disappeared from shops again.

Gotta get the link, I'll edit then.

Got it: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=99602

redroses
Mar 4, 2009, 09:20 AM
They got to be kidding...
Why can't they get this under control? >_<

I have nothing at all in value like that, and anyway not for sale, but I feel so bad for the people losing their items. This is just horrible =/

ChibiBecca
Mar 4, 2009, 10:10 AM
it's still not safe to unlock our shops? o.x;

ZeroKamikaze
Mar 4, 2009, 10:19 AM
This is where being on the 360 side is very helpful.

Arika
Mar 4, 2009, 10:20 AM
People will get their items back by compensation anyway, just the matter of times.

although, I think I can clearly see the intention of hacker to rise the price of Yasha and Pwand this time.

Arada
Mar 4, 2009, 10:30 AM
It seems the hacker(s) is taking control of an innocent player's account and then is then taking items in everyone's shop.

Banning accounts of oeople who apparently did hack will do no good if the guy is just using the account to annoy all of us.
It wouldn't really surprise me if Edward received tickets from people owning accounts he banned claiming they're innocent and didn't do anything and can't understand why they were banned.

The way I understand it, the hacker must be cracking the users passwords either by trying many different combinations or simply sniffing them on the network (it's not that easy so don't worry).

So the best recommendation here is to have a more complex password. either by adding capitals, numbers and other unusual keys but make sure it doesn't mean anything.

The (beginner) hackers, to crack passwords, usually use a common passwords database and are trying all of them with an account name to see if there's a match.
If your pass doesn't mean anything or isn't obvious (for instance having a pass like: Qwerty123!) should get you out of troubles for this kind of pass cracking.

It is obvious this hacker wants to show off more than anything so he must be some unexperienced teen who has no "advanced" skills in hacking so basic counter-measures will probably get you out of harm.

Alnet
Mar 4, 2009, 10:40 AM
Agh.

Well, at least this time, I'm active, so I can lock my store. Lord knows I don't need to lose another 30mil+ in potential sales.

I'll go mad. :wacko:

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 4, 2009, 10:40 AM
Wow hacking seems to happen quite often on the PC/PS2 server but i guess since the PC server is basically on the computer....depending on the person he/she could do w/e he/she wants with their hacker expertise ^^;

Cracka_J
Mar 4, 2009, 10:57 AM
The way I understand it, the hacker must be cracking the users passwords either by trying many different combinations or simply sniffing them on the network (it's not that easy so don't worry).

So the best recommendation here is to have a more complex password. either by adding capitals, numbers and other unusual keys but make sure it doesn't mean anything.

If they're using the old room hack that hit like 2 years ago, they're doing no such thing. They're bypassing GG and using a script editor to just take over your character. They don't need a password to your account, all they need is to view your account # in game (which seems to be the case from the OP).

What's even worse is if they have your card, you're done for. No locking of your room will do anything, because they ARE you. No PW needed. Play it safe until SEGA responds. Remove all shop ads/items/etc, and delete your shop. Do that and stay offline until they resolve it. We went through this shit 2 years ago and it was not fun, seems like GG still sucks and SEGA still has no preventative measures to protect their game. Same story.

fay
Mar 4, 2009, 01:54 PM
look at the date. its the 4th of march. didnt that guy that posted a few times say he was gonna do stuff like this. look like he kept hhis word. wow.

_Vyser_
Mar 4, 2009, 02:44 PM
What's up with all the attacks lately? It's a shame we went so long without any of these kinds of attacks :(

Swiftstrike
Mar 4, 2009, 03:27 PM
look at the date. its the 4th of march. didnt that guy that posted a few times say he was gonna do stuff like this. look like he kept hhis word. wow.

He said the 5th. And his "9000" hackers would have done more damage lol.

If it is using the password method, it makes sense why the Xbox users don't get hit (since our accounts are bound to the Xbox, no password needed). Of course, scripting won't exactly work either, since the Xbox has different coding.

However, the Xbox is a programmed device too, so its just a matter of time ...

Calsetes
Mar 4, 2009, 03:37 PM
I'm kind of glad I have nothing of any real value in the game - being a veteran rookie pays off!

(I say I'm a vet-rookie because I played since launch and never once got a weapon or armor that was:

50%
Worth more than 30 Million except a Repca I found during the event that seems to not want to go above +3 without breaking in twain
Made people jealous
Gave me bragging rights

That's why I'm a veteran rookie)

Neith
Mar 4, 2009, 03:51 PM
Indeed. Eat it, PCers!

:disapprove:

Hopefully no-one I care about got hit by this. It does make me wonder if it's the same person as last time though. It's pathetic really. It seems to be set items that are being targeted by this- if you do have a Psycho Wand/Yasha you were considering selling, hold onto it for the time being, or even lock your shops until this blows over- which it will, like every other attempt to ruin the game for people.

john311
Mar 4, 2009, 06:31 PM
Is anyone on pc that can confirm this, I heard on pc they have a extra feature for shop searching that can look for ppl's chars. by ID. is that true?

Skye-Fox713
Mar 4, 2009, 07:36 PM
Is anyone on pc that can confirm this, I heard on pc they have a extra feature for shop searching that can look for ppl's chars. by ID. is that true?

no, as far as I know no such search feature like this exists. and I play pc, the closest you can get to that is to search shops by character name not ID but thats it and thats on all versions. Its called "Search shops by name".

Yunfa
Mar 4, 2009, 08:36 PM
Bah, you guys rag on us all the time. It's payback :3 I do feel sorry for you guys, though. This sucks. :-(

But in all seriousness, this is ridiculous. What's the point of doing this if he knows he's going to get banned?

Yeah but we never had an attack like they did, which is pretty bad.

As for the guy, clearly his enjoying it...and ALOT of free time since his going around scarring people.

-> Then again it makes me wonder if the PC population was alot bigger maybe he wouldn't take the time since it'll significantly take much more time and dedication.

RubyEclipse
Mar 5, 2009, 04:22 AM
If they're using the old room hack that hit like 2 years ago, they're doing no such thing. They're bypassing GG and using a script editor to just take over your character. They don't need a password to your account, all they need is to view your account # in game (which seems to be the case from the OP).

What's even worse is if they have your card, you're done for. No locking of your room will do anything, because they ARE you. No PW needed. Play it safe until SEGA responds. Remove all shop ads/items/etc, and delete your shop. Do that and stay offline until they resolve it. We went through this shit 2 years ago and it was not fun, seems like GG still sucks and SEGA still has no preventative measures to protect their game. Same story.
If this were the same issue from two years ago, this would be the case.

Put simply: It isn't.

The recent cheater(s) can only touch items currently in a player shop, because there are preventative measures in place, even if you aren't aware of them firsthand. Otherwise you can bet they'd be zero'ing PM's and doing whatever other damage they could, just like the cheaters from two years ago.

Viewing someone's alternate characters is not entirely difficult; hacking into their account and gaining full control is another story entirely, and not the case here. I can't go into full details, but for the sake of stemming unnecessary paranoia, wanted to make sure I clarified this point.

_Vyser_
Mar 5, 2009, 04:26 AM
Ah good to know. Thanks for informing us.

Arika
Mar 5, 2009, 06:15 AM
Claim down people, you will get your stuffs back anyway, it is just the matter of time.