PDA

View Full Version : Rare map boot ***

Meta77
Mar 4, 2009, 02:55 PM
its just annoying but do you think they should add a feature to prevent players from removing from the group if you get the rare map. I mean i could care less for anything that drops on them. i got me a kaos knight so im happy. But last night i was running speed runs with a group and on about the 3rd the leader got the rare map but quickly left as soon as there name popped up. Leaving me and two others in a group. Then they go out and try to sell a spot to run thisshort dungeon. why is this. seriously i get tired of players asking me if im going to boot them if i get the map. no they helped get through the run. we had fun, of course they can join. what are you guys thought.

Calsetes
Mar 4, 2009, 03:32 PM
Well, it'd be much like banning being a jerk in the game, or an elitist, or acting like a 5-year-old kid, or just acting like anything else - you can't really stop someone from doing a negative action that doesn't violate the Terms of Service, no matter how rude it might be. I agree with you that if I got a rare map, I'd run it with the people who want to run it from my group first, then maybe invite a friend or two if there's an opening. Unfortunately, some people only want to help themselves, and no one else.

This is one of those things that you'd like to be able to stop, but unfortunately can't because of all the "what-ifs" that would come up (and some of them are extremely valid "what-ifs"). I know I had a rare map once and was holding onto it for a hunt for one of the red units, and purposely didn't tell my party since they wanted to run the Moatoob mission (think the Neudaiz one is the only one offering a chance at Reds, right?). If someone mentioned what specifically they were looking for, I would have given it up for a run with that group, but since all they were after was MP, I decided to pass. May have been slightly rude, but it's rare when I do anything like that. Think I might still have the rare mission, actually....

BIGGIEstyle
Mar 4, 2009, 03:34 PM
Uh... I can't say it's ever happened to me.

I'm PC/PS2 so mission selling isn't AS rampant here. Not only that I solve the problem of running with randoms that turn out to be jerks by having a group of 40+ active people I run with frequently lol.

autumn
Mar 4, 2009, 03:41 PM
I've never been booted from a rare mission, but then I haven't run with random people for more then a run or two in a few months now. I suppose I'm less nice then some others but I haven't flagged a rare mission in ages and the last thing I'd want if I did would be to see some goober I didn't know land a red/knight from my run. I've been running for rares lately solo though so it hasn't been something I've had to deal with.

Volcompat321
Mar 4, 2009, 03:42 PM
IF people get a rare map when im in a group, and they leave, i dont worry about it, although its an awful thing to do, TO SELL A RARE MAP, but as long as people pay, people will sell spots. and as biggie said, the pc/ps2 server doesnt really happen MUCH....:/
anyway, people that do that are just rude, one of the reason's why i started up a 360 acount recently, and ended it the SAME DAY. people are messed up on that side. feel bad for the nice ones there :(

Meta77
Mar 4, 2009, 03:46 PM
Hmm yes i agree with all of you. Good thoughts on the matter.

Swiftstrike
Mar 4, 2009, 03:59 PM
Whenever I get the rare mission sign, i ask to be made leader (if im not already). If a paticular player has been a jerk i will boot them. Otherwise, I stay with whoever I was with. I have never sold a rare mission (I think thats stupid).

Calsetes
Mar 4, 2009, 04:01 PM
Well, if anyone on the PC side ever needs a guaranteed trustworthy stranger to run a rare map with, I'd gladly join - my 150's doing nothing right now but leveling random jobs and weapons. Just let me know what you stake a claim on and I'll hand it over - if I don't, then I give you free reign to make my PSU life living hell, and will gladly let you abash my good name until I get you the item.

I'm an extremely nice guy like that. Even gave my friend a Solid / Knight back when AotI came out, just because he asked when it dropped, and he was a higher level than me (and could buy one himself).

beatrixkiddo
Mar 4, 2009, 04:06 PM
Hmm yes i agree with all of you. Good thoughts on the matter.

You should report them!

Oh wait, you don't report people because it's "crying to mommy", right?

Swiftstrike
Mar 4, 2009, 04:09 PM
You should report them!

Stop it! provoking a flame war is agianst ToS im sure, and being a jerk by selling a rare map is not.

Darius_Drake
Mar 4, 2009, 04:11 PM
I have never charged for a rare map and always let those who run with me run the rare map. Then again becoming ultra rich is not my main goal in this game. I have actually ran solo and got the rare map and invited some friends and from time to time just invite a random player that might be in the right place at the right time. They tend to be in a real good mood when you approach them and ask them if they want to run a rare map. Well after they find out you weren't joking, which many people have thought I was till they saw the mission come up.

Meta77
Mar 4, 2009, 04:36 PM
You should report them!

no im not going to report them. let them ruin there own gaming experiance.

Gibdozer
Mar 4, 2009, 05:33 PM
I pity people who are so deeply infected by the sickness of greed, that they cannot seperate themselves from it even in fiction.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 4, 2009, 05:52 PM
its just annoying but do you think they should add a feature to prevent players from removing from the group if you get the rare map. I mean i could care less for anything that drops on them. i got me a kaos knight so im happy. But last night i was running speed runs with a group and on about the 3rd the leader got the rare map but quickly left as soon as there name popped up. Leaving me and two others in a group. Then they go out and try to sell a spot to run thisshort dungeon. why is this. seriously i get tired of players asking me if im going to boot them if i get the map. no they helped get through the run. we had fun, of course they can join. what are you guys thought.

You can charge money for rare missions to people? I just invite random people to play with to get to the boxs.

WhiteKnight01
Mar 5, 2009, 02:18 AM
You can charge money for rare missions to people? I just invite random people to play with to get to the boxs.

same with me iv never booted on rare maps and just invite random people or friends to play if spots are open,

ashley50
Mar 5, 2009, 03:09 AM
I've never seen anyone who asks for money when they get a rare map on PC/PS2 side...they just ask people around who wanted to join FREE!

oh well, that's 360 side ;]

Hanz Gropenfondel
Mar 5, 2009, 03:20 AM
Well, if I happen to be in a random party and get the rare while friends are on, (an unlikely situation because I'd most likely be partied with my friends, anyway.)
I'd leave and invite my friends.
If my friends aren't on, I'd stay with the group and not charge.
Kind of a dick move, but I'm loyal to my friends and they get first crack at it.

Chris28
Mar 5, 2009, 05:43 AM
i simply just solo the rare missions I get. I'm always on the hunt for a red/knight.

darkante
Mar 5, 2009, 06:57 AM
To make fair for other people, whenever the rare mission sign shows up saying i got one.
I make it fair and go with other people that i party with unto Phantom Fizzure.

I REALLY want a Red/Knight myself, but i´m not an asshole.

Meta77
Mar 5, 2009, 10:14 AM
Ok people tell me whats so great about the red/knight what makes people go so crazy over it
sure it raises your att and accuracy by 255/180 but really if your a cast of something go for a kaos knight even though you loss 100 acc *which if your a Mastergunner * doesnt matter you shoot so fast so you make it up* but you gain 360 att.

Calsetes
Mar 5, 2009, 10:32 AM
True, but if you're not a cast, or not a gunner, then you might need the extra accuracy. Plus, if I remember reading it right somewhere, if you get all the red units, the red line, and a Flowen's Greatsword (or the + version), you get some ridiculous set bonus.

Personally, I'd like one because after I finish maxing every PA for every weapon type (which is still a LOOOOOOOOONG ways off for me), I'll want something to replace my PP savers. And if I were to get the whole red set of stuff, that wouldn't be bad either, especially since I really like my Flowen's.

As for people going nuts for it, some people are extremely hard-core. I play a lot, but I still consider myself casual, mainly because I don't care about having the most uber-leetest of weapons and such, partying with people who do, or any of that stuff - that's all just a bonus if I were to get something like that. I plan on looking for a Love Inferno, but I seriously doubt that I'd get one this year, and I'm going to be way too broke to buy a board (let alone a completed one). And even if I did get the board, I think it's a 13 star which means I'll need Exanite anyway, which I need for my Germinus Gun I picked up recently, and have yet to even find the lobby for Bladed Legacy...

Sorry for the massive amount of stuff, just trying to provide some insight.

Chris28
Mar 5, 2009, 10:48 AM
True, but if you're not a cast, or not a gunner, then you might need the extra accuracy. Plus, if I remember reading it right somewhere, if you get all the red units, the red line, and a Flowen's Greatsword (or the + version), you get some ridiculous set bonus.

Personally, I'd like one because after I finish maxing every PA for every weapon type (which is still a LOOOOOOOOONG ways off for me), I'll want something to replace my PP savers. And if I were to get the whole red set of stuff, that wouldn't be bad either, especially since I really like my Flowen's.

As for people going nuts for it, some people are extremely hard-core. I play a lot, but I still consider myself casual, mainly because I don't care about having the most uber-leetest of weapons and such, partying with people who do, or any of that stuff - that's all just a bonus if I were to get something like that. I plan on looking for a Love Inferno, but I seriously doubt that I'd get one this year, and I'm going to be way too broke to buy a board (let alone a completed one). And even if I did get the board, I think it's a 13 star which means I'll need Exanite anyway, which I need for my Germinus Gun I picked up recently, and have yet to even find the lobby for Bladed Legacy...

Sorry for the massive amount of stuff, just trying to provide some insight.

its a 12* item, easy to synth

Arika
Mar 5, 2009, 11:02 AM
In the friendly view, he should just share rare maps with other..

In the authorize view, he could share his rare map with anybody he want.
ST name the person who get rare map, and make it separate to each individual person instead of combine chance in party. That clearly show the point that ST want to make that person decide whether they want to play rare map, when, where, and with what members.

Calsetes
Mar 5, 2009, 12:47 PM
Oh ok, 12 star I can do (almost) standing on my head. Hapotite (or is it petanite...?) is easier to get than exanite.

darkante
Mar 5, 2009, 01:22 PM
Ok people tell me whats so great about the red/knight what makes people go so crazy over it
sure it raises your att and accuracy by 255/180 but really if your a cast of something go for a kaos knight even though you loss 100 acc *which if your a Mastergunner * doesnt matter you shoot so fast so you make it up* but you gain 360 att.

It´s for my Beast figurene, probably everyone else reason as well.
As they are the only one that remotely suffer from the lack of ATA.

Darius_Drake
Mar 5, 2009, 03:30 PM
Just out of curiosity how much is the Red/Knight worth at the moment?

Calsetes
Mar 5, 2009, 03:34 PM
30 gajillion dollars. You heard me, that's REAL money, not this "meseta" crap everyone's talking about.

Darius_Drake
Mar 5, 2009, 03:36 PM
30 gajillion dollars. You heard me, that's REAL money, not this "meseta" crap everyone's talking about.

LOL!!! :lol:

Valhaz
Mar 5, 2009, 03:55 PM
Selling rare maps isn't against ToS, so technically there is nothing SEGA can do about it. It only sucks cause you're not the one getting paid for it :)

kyle21
Mar 5, 2009, 04:17 PM
If someone gets it in my party I don't expect them to offer to go do it, although it would be nice. Only because I wouldn't offer it to a bunch of randoms my self, I would mail my friends and ask if they wanna do it or go do it solo. And you can expect even more of this type of thing when the colony mission comes out, people gotta get that SN :)

And R/K is pretty rare, I don't know an exact amount but I've been offered 200mil for mine, which took me like 40 runs to get.

Saraphina
Mar 7, 2009, 03:18 AM
eh, if i were to get rare map right now in a party I'd explain to the people I'm saving it for Love inferno farming :o Any other time if my partner Isn't on I'd hold it for them till they could log in. people who get rare map now get announced and like it or not.. its their mission and no one else.

Ruru
Mar 7, 2009, 03:34 AM
i'm usually solo or with my close friends so i doubt i would get it with randoms and dont know what i'd do if i did.

as for red / knight i'd gladly trade one for my kaos knight and i'm a cast. honestly even with just -100 ata i see WAY too many 0's on my CAST AF and i dont like that one bit. i would gladly give up a few atp for a red/knight

Volcompat321
Mar 7, 2009, 03:46 AM
★♪red knight recently sold for-lkk, 209.7mil, 9/9pushan, and more i believe, i was there to "witness" the trade between 2 of my friends♪★

Ruru
Mar 7, 2009, 04:09 AM
i didnt mean a direct trade this for that. i meant i would use it over my kaos knight lol.

and i would never buy that or trade for it. much rather hunt for something like that.

Meta77
Mar 7, 2009, 04:12 PM
eh, if i were to get rare map right now in a party I'd explain to the people I'm saving it for Love inferno farming :o Any other time if my partner Isn't on I'd hold it for them till they could log in. people who get rare map now get announced and like it or not.. its their mission and no one else.

not to sound mean but this seems very stuck up. you at least owe some thanks to the party that ran the mission with you. Take for instance you ran seed awaking or the dark god on S2 diffuicutly. i know a great number of players could never run these areas by themselves and you know they would get thier butts smacked around and die for reaching the end. *cause after several test ive proven the more you die on a map if your the leader the worse the drops will be* and if not for a decent to good party would die several times before finishing it. Then to get a rare map and assume you owe noting to them and leave to run a map with a slim and i mean slim chance of getting a red/knight the whole concept seems somewhat dumb.

Deragonite
Mar 7, 2009, 04:47 PM
Wow SELLING rare maps? I never even thought of that, nor have I ever seen that. Just curious, what's the price for someone to join one on the Xbox servers?

I have also never seen people leave or kick others due to a rare map. One of the few things PC/PS2 servers can pride themselves in is the lack of random booting...

Swiftstrike
Mar 7, 2009, 04:57 PM
Wow SELLING rare maps? I never even thought of that, nor have I ever seen that. Just curious, what's the price for someone to join one on the Xbox servers?

I have also never seen people leave or kick others due to a rare map. One of the few things PC/PS2 servers can pride themselves in is the lack of random booting...

Ive never thought of it before either .... until I saw it.

Price varies from 5-10k sometimes more (per person).

Money is so easy to get in this game, its sad to see others so greedy. On my first week playing I got over 4 million meseta ... thats sad lol.

Meta77
Mar 7, 2009, 05:34 PM
well thats the xbox version for you.

TekkamanCrazy
Mar 7, 2009, 07:57 PM
Never happened to me in the case of rare maps but, it happened when fighting a certain boss like SEED Express S2. I agree that it is very annoying when booted for no reason. But, I always note to my self that there are many greedy players on this game.

Saraphina
Mar 8, 2009, 04:54 AM
not to sound mean but this seems very stuck up. you at least owe some thanks to the party that ran the mission with you. Take for instance you ran seed awaking or the dark god on S2 diffuicutly. i know a great number of players could never run these areas by themselves and you know they would get thier butts smacked around and die for reaching the end. *cause after several test ive proven the more you die on a map if your the leader the worse the drops will be* and if not for a decent to good party would die several times before finishing it. Then to get a rare map and assume you owe noting to them and leave to run a map with a slim and i mean slim chance of getting a red/knight the whole concept seems somewhat dumb.

I do not join random parties or make them for rare mission flags unless i am solo or with friends. >_> in that sense why in the world would i owe anyone else for it? I don't expect them to let me do the map they get when they originally join for the mission at hand. I do how ever thank them if they let me do theirs and there's been plenty of cases where i use the map i get from carnival with the people i ran it with.

MadDogg
Mar 8, 2009, 08:24 AM
I love how these type of threads devolve into "lulz, we neeeeveeeer do that on the PS2/PC side", so tell me, is everyone on the PS2/PC servers a bunch of angels? Man, I knew I should have signed up for that version, it must be nice, everyone holding hands and getting along oh so great.
Wait a sec. if the PS2/PC side of things is that happy go lucky, then whats up with that lady kuja person or whatever hoarding all the materials, or the hackers that just up and rob everyone blind at their rooms, oh wait a sec, did they start hacking out meseta again yet?
Anyway the point I'm trying to get across is that both sides have assholes, get kicked out of a rare mission group? Tough titty, just have to play with friends or don't join games that is obviously led by an asshole, you should be able to tell just by how they type, things they say, etc.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 8, 2009, 09:09 AM
I love how these type of threads devolve into "lulz, we neeeeveeeer do that on the PS2/PC side", so tell me, is everyone on the PS2/PC servers a bunch of angels? Man, I knew I should have signed up for that version, it must be nice, everyone holding hands and getting along oh so great.
Wait a sec. if the PS2/PC side of things is that happy go lucky, then whats up with that lady kuja person or whatever hoarding all the materials, or the hackers that just up and rob everyone blind at their rooms, oh wait a sec, did they start hacking out meseta again yet?
Anyway the point I'm trying to get across is that both sides have assholes, get kicked out of a rare mission group? Tough titty, just have to play with friends or don't join games that are obviously led by an asshole, you should be able to tell just by how they type, things they say, etc.

Served

360 Rox:whip:

Dhylec
Mar 8, 2009, 11:28 AM
Like many before, the topic has (slowly) turned into a console/platform flame/flamebait/pride war. It's not gonna get better, so it's done here.