PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Hacker Still Vandalizing Shops

Shou
Mar 4, 2009, 03:24 PM
I lost annother Pwand Board in the shop somtime within the past 2 days... Anyone else going through this still?

Swiftstrike
Mar 4, 2009, 03:30 PM
already another board

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=99602

Kylie
Mar 4, 2009, 03:34 PM
*sigh* My friends were hit by this. They didn't lose much, but it's still stupid.

I hope they do some sort of compensation.

xXJoshXx
Mar 4, 2009, 03:46 PM
only thing ive found missing is my female rappy suit but that wasnt very important. but i doubt sega cares

Swiftstrike
Mar 4, 2009, 04:07 PM
I want a rappy suit!!!

System-Id
Mar 4, 2009, 05:21 PM
This is exactly why.. psu sucks and im quitting it....

SStrikerR
Mar 4, 2009, 05:27 PM
People still care about this?

Dhylec
Mar 4, 2009, 05:32 PM
Looks like they purposely target those with really rare items in shops. Again, it's best to report to Sega.

KunoTatewaki
Mar 4, 2009, 05:44 PM

Can I have your stuff then Id? :p

ChronoTrigga
Mar 4, 2009, 05:48 PM
Another way to lose PSU subscribers.

ShuttleXpC
Mar 4, 2009, 07:28 PM
I hope this gets resolved quickly. Is this someone else, or is it the same guy?

They already banned the original people. I have no clue why they do this. Its not like they are gonna get away with it. They have a god forsaken log of people who come into the room. All you need is 3 people to be hacked logs and its VERY EASY to narrow down without a doubt to the person causing problems.

Yunfa
Mar 4, 2009, 08:05 PM
This is exactly why.. psu for PC sucks and im quitting it....

My my, I couldn't agree more with you sir. *nods in approval*

Gunslinger-08
Mar 4, 2009, 08:06 PM
My my, I couldn't agree more with you sir. *nods in approval*

I am not amused.

We all know 360 has had it's share of problems too. Stop with the baiting already.

ashley50
Mar 4, 2009, 08:13 PM
i find it funny that the same guy got HIT twice? maybe there's a pattern there.

Zabrio
Mar 4, 2009, 09:06 PM
luckly i have nothing of value in my shop.... oh wait that isnt something to be proud of huh :P

Gunslinger-08
Mar 4, 2009, 09:23 PM
You know, if you have rare items you want to trade, the trading subforum is probably the safest thing you can use right now. I suggest you close your shops completely until this is resolved, unless you're only selling things that drop with some level of frequency.

Though different servers, we are all PSUers.

Truly a fact that needs to be engraved into the mind of every player, on either server.

ShuttleXpC
Mar 4, 2009, 09:32 PM
You know, if you have rare items you want to trade, the trading subforum is probably the safest thing you can use right now. I suggest you close your shops completely until this is resolved, unless you're only selling things that drop with some level of frequency.

Truly a fact that needs to be engraved into the mind of every player, on either server.

It will never be resolved. Unless Sega can reprogram their game to stop allowing anyone that has their ID in the code access to your room. You can make a UCE in under 15 minutes if you know what you are doing and it takes Gameguard weeks to ban it. Your only hope is the next incarnation of PSU or go to the 360. Gameguard is some fail software.

System-Id
Mar 4, 2009, 09:41 PM
Can I have your stuff then Id? :p

No! Im quitting with all rares on me :3

KunoTatewaki
Mar 4, 2009, 10:02 PM
No! Im quitting with all rares on me :3

bah your no fun :p Too many of my friends have left and gave me nothing :(

ZeroKamikaze
Mar 4, 2009, 10:03 PM

Come to the 360 Side, We have Brownies!!

But seriously, all you hear about on 360 side really are 'sword' glitchers, mech glitchers, and so far, the S+10's, though I have been out of the loop for a bit, so far nothing major has happened on the 360 side. Just got to deal with Ignorance and stupidity mostly, that and annoying 10 year olds.

Cracka_J
Mar 4, 2009, 10:50 PM
I dunno why people keep blaming the hackers for this shit happening though.
They're just some idiot kids that want a brief moment of "hey look at me". And you 360 players really know better then to talk about idiot kids. You know if any one of those ego hungry 12 y/o's on 360 server used 1% of their brain power and figured out a way to hack the servers, it would be done in a matter of minutes. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't, and you fully know it would spread like wildfire if someone acheived it (acheivement unlocked room hack?).

Aside from the big room hacks 2 years ago, this same hack has been abused AT LEAST on 3-5 additional occasions after then, this being the latest. Sega has let this problem persist since the game has released, relying on that pos that gameguard is. They have had multiple chances to fix it, IT'S THE SAME FUCKING PROBLEM REPEATING.

But the reality is they wont, or can't. That is your sega. The very best they can do is account ban, or CC ban I've heard...that's for the very naughty folks. But regardless, that is the best solution they are offering. And you will likely get a choice of prize packages back that are still nowhere as good as the items you lost. So face the facts that this is the game you play, and the company that maintains it. They are not going to change. This is not a new issue, and it's not the hackers fault for exploiting something that should have been fixed 2 years ago.

BIGGIEstyle
Mar 4, 2009, 11:22 PM
They're just some idiot kids that want a brief moment of "hey look at me". And you 360 players really know better then to talk about idiot kids. You know if any one of those ego hungry 12 y/o's on 360 server used 1% of their brain power and figured out a way to hack the servers, it would be done in a matter of minutes. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't, and you fully know it would spread like wildfire if someone acheived it (acheivement unlocked room hack?).

Aside from the big room hacks 2 years ago, this same hack has been abused AT LEAST on 3-5 additional occasions after then, this being the latest. Sega has let this problem persist since the game has released, relying on that pos that gameguard is. They have had multiple chances to fix it, IT'S THE SAME FUCKING PROBLEM REPEATING.

But the reality is they wont, or can't. That is your sega. The very best they can do is account ban, or CC ban I've heard...that's for the very naughty folks. But regardless, that is the best solution they are offering. And you will likely get a choice of prize packages back that are still nowhere as good as the items you lost. So face the facts that this is the game you play, and the company that maintains it. They are not going to change. This is not a new issue, and it's not the hackers fault for exploiting something that should have been fixed 2 years ago.

Funny... he looks like Cracka... but all I hear is Buzyb when he talks....:eek:

ashley50
Mar 4, 2009, 11:55 PM
lol buzyb...where is he anyways? lol

LuigiMario
Mar 4, 2009, 11:59 PM
I am not amused.

We all know 360 has had it's share of problems too. Stop with the baiting already.

Ahhhhh Shaddap, psu/pc is worst.

Tails_night
Mar 5, 2009, 01:05 AM
This makes me not want to buy PSU... ten again I'm not much of a seller... more of a collector. But I think as a work around, whenever microsoft plans to un-screw the orld and fix the red eye issue I'll join in on the PSU fun... as opposed to buying aoi or my ps2 and facing this issue... then again if I got a copy now it wouldn't matter anyway. Hmm... Well I hope this issue gets resolved soon.

System-Id
Mar 5, 2009, 01:06 AM

YES what he said <3 Like he said its not evene becaus of the hackers.... SEGACCCC supposedly fixed this little issue 2yrs ago. !? whats that yessss it happened AGAIN :D NO SUPRISE. Sega aka SEGAC should go back to making offline games or more sonics :-x

System-Id
Mar 5, 2009, 01:07 AM
Come to the 360 Side, We have Brownies!!

But seriously, all you hear about on 360 side really are 'sword' glitchers, mech glitchers, and so far, the S+10's, though I have been out of the loop for a bit, so far nothing major has happened on the 360 side. Just got to deal with Ignorance and stupidity mostly, that and annoying 10 year olds.

And btw no. Too many little loud mouthed 12yr olds x_x

Tails_night
Mar 5, 2009, 01:22 AM
Go figure >.> sega desn't fix anything... this seems to be a persisting problem among many gaming companies these days... But man feel sorry for everyone.

Psysis
Mar 5, 2009, 01:22 AM
I play on the PS2/PC servers and I haven't experienced any major problems. Just silly things like random people giving out BT lovers for giggles in universe 2. I had to laugh at that. As for the unfortunate people of the hacking attacks, hope you all get compensation.

RubyEclipse
Mar 5, 2009, 04:12 AM
YES what he said <3 Like he said its not evene becaus of the hackers.... SEGACCCC supposedly fixed this little issue 2yrs ago. !? whats that yessss it happened AGAIN NO SUPRISE. Sega aka SEGAC should go back to making offline games or more sonics
Incoming Wall O' Text...

It's not that old methods aren't fixed; it's that new methods to bypass are created.

I would challenge any of the naysayers to name three popular MMO's that were never hacked - in most cases even, never repeatedly hacked - and barring that, try to come up with just one.

The fact of the matter is that when it comes to PC gaming (and in some cases console, though it's much harder there), cheaters will and do appear from time to time. I would argue that there are two things that are most important in a situation regarding cheaters, especially considering that online games have their own economies, and a single cheater can affect that. You're going to have cheaters - what matters is how you deal with them.

The most important thing is response time. If the cheaters can be caught and removed in matter of hours as opposed to a matter of days, it can often make all the difference. It doesn't matter if ten cheaters come at once if they all get removed minutes later - and likewise, even just one cheater can cause a lot of problems if allowed to run unchecked for months.

Second is following up and patching the game. In the same sense that quick removal is paramount, it's still more of a quick band-aid approach. Following it, you need something stronger that prevents the old method from working and throws the roadblock into the previous bypass. From there, it often just becomes a game of one-upping the competition, with game companies and cheaters going back and forth repeatedly. This is generally the case in almost any PC MMO.

People like to blow things out of proportion; others are just looking for any excuse they have to complain or make fun of (insert game company here). I think it's worth noting here that the most recent cases of cheating have been by far the most tame in all of PSU's history - back during Christmas 06, I was one of those that had their entire room wiped and their PM zeroed, so I understand that stuff like this is no fun for anyone involved.

Granted, back then I didn't even get support for the items I lost - now, I know that Edward and the dev team are working together to help each and every player affected, because I see it all firsthand. I guess it may be easy to claim the world is ending when one doesn't see the full picture, but being in that position I do know that a lot of work is going out not only to help these players, but to improve game support on the whole.

Well, anyways... I think that's long enough for one tl;dr rant. :)

_Vyser_
Mar 5, 2009, 04:18 AM
Haha, thanks for that Ruby, you bring up a good point. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that hasn't had an issue with hacking, so this isn't much different. It is indeed annoying that we must deal with hackers again, but I think Sega is doing a ton better now than they did the first year. I have been very impressed with the reaction times of the GM's in the last few months, so keep it up. :D

Tails_night
Mar 5, 2009, 04:33 AM
You know... thaks Ruby... I needed to hear that. you actually put up a pretty good point. I never lookd at it that way... now I think I can go out and get this game without this worry. Now that I think about PSO on the DC's last years and what I saw when I started... some of his is petty small cmpared to other rampant hacking cases I've seen.

Zarode
Mar 5, 2009, 04:45 AM
I lost my pants.

ZeroKamikaze
Mar 5, 2009, 09:40 AM
And btw no. Too many little loud mouthed 12yr olds x_x

Trust me I know... though you can mute anybody you meet, either through blacklist or 360 recent players list, and trust me its helpful, that and having a group of friends who play the game works as well.

necman
Mar 5, 2009, 10:39 AM
Incoming Wall O' Text...

It's not that old methods aren't fixed; it's that new methods to bypass are created.

I would challenge any of the naysayers to name three popular MMO's that were never hacked - in most cases even, never repeatedly hacked - and barring that, try to come up with just one.

The fact of the matter is that when it comes to PC gaming (and in some cases console, though it's much harder there), cheaters will and do appear from time to time. I would argue that there are two things that are most important in a situation regarding cheaters, especially considering that online games have their own economies, and a single cheater can affect that. You're going to have cheaters - what matters is how you deal with them.

The most important thing is response time. If the cheaters can be caught and removed in matter of hours as opposed to a matter of days, it can often make all the difference. It doesn't matter if ten cheaters come at once if they all get removed minutes later - and likewise, even just one cheater can cause a lot of problems if allowed to run unchecked for months.

Second is following up and patching the game. In the same sense that quick removal is paramount, it's still more of a quick band-aid approach. Following it, you need something stronger that prevents the old method from working and throws the roadblock into the previous bypass. From there, it often just becomes a game of one-upping the competition, with game companies and cheaters going back and forth repeatedly. This is generally the case in almost any PC MMO.

People like to blow things out of proportion; others are just looking for any excuse they have to complain or make fun of (insert game company here). I think it's worth noting here that the most recent cases of cheating have been by far the most tame in all of PSU's history - back during Christmas 06, I was one of those that had their entire room wiped and their PM zeroed, so I understand that stuff like this is no fun for anyone involved.

Granted, back then I didn't even get support for the items I lost - now, I know that Edward and the dev team are working together to help each and every player affected, because I see it all firsthand. I guess it may be easy to claim the world is ending when one doesn't see the full picture, but being in that position I do know that a lot of work is going out not only to help these players, but to improve game support on the whole.

I would agree with you except when you get hacked in other games they restore your stuff you lost once they sort it out. Well all the ones I played anyway. and all my friends that were hacked have yet to recieve confirmation of sega doing anything of this nature. They did not return anything in the past as you say. WE will see if they do anything this time.

And to anyone who thinks hacking can be stoped your misinformed. The only way to stop it 100% is by not allowing access to the server which would mean not being able to play. As long as a computer is online it is vulnerable to attacks no matter how secure you think you are.

Mysterious-G
Mar 5, 2009, 12:10 PM
I lost my pants.

Hackers stole them? :o

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 5, 2009, 12:17 PM
Hackers stole them? :o
No it was me!

Response time is important, is that why ST moves at a snails pace?

fay
Mar 5, 2009, 12:57 PM
hackers will always be about.
with computers most things are possible. if something can be made then it can also be destroyed.
its all about reverse engineering.

the best way for sega to stop it would be to program the code in a more awkward way. if they use the usual way of coding then most people can usually take a good guess at it and its just trial and error with the variable names.

however programming in this way would take a lot longer and thus costing a lot more. the other large problem is that 99% if not 100% of company's now are too tight to actually spend money. they all spend the bare minimum and hope that works. everything to them resolves around money.

one of the university's near me does a hacking course. you can learn a lot from it. the work there is getting permission to try hack past big company's stuff. most of the time they can do it easily. iv got a book from the course so i know how easy it really is.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 5, 2009, 12:59 PM
For the most part this isn't really hacking into the code, it's just memory editing. Every program relies on storing information in memory; it reduces load times, and makes games playable in general.

Cell132
Mar 5, 2009, 02:28 PM
I remember dark times back on a little known system called the Dreamcast where support didn't even exist. Rampant Noling, Mag Freezing, and Weapons stealing abound, with NO consequence to the perpetrators.

*Laugh* Don't sweat the small stuff. I'm just thankful for support at all.

Yunfa
Mar 5, 2009, 02:51 PM
Incoming Wall O' Text...

Owned >8D

Calsetes
Mar 5, 2009, 03:50 PM
Ooh, ooh, I can answer that one!!!!!!!!

Let's see...... Earthrise (which isn't even beta testing yet, as far as I know), Champions Online (which is supposedly in closed beta testing, but since there's no info about what's going on in it, we don't know anyway), and....... uh...... the English version of Huxley (which has, as far as I know, not even made it to testing yet, and is most likely scrapped).

HA! Did it. True, they haven't come out yet, but still......

Yeah, hacking in a game is like anything else in life - as much sense as it makes to NOT do something stupid, people will go out there and do it anyway. Then we see they won a Darwin Award!

Cracka_J
Mar 5, 2009, 04:29 PM
Oh Ruby, I love how you mysteriously come out and defend Sega every time they fubar (even when it's the xth same instance of the hack). You really need to take a look at what the poster below said.

I would agree with you except when you get hacked in other games they restore your stuff you lost once they sort it out. Well all the ones I played anyway. and all my friends that were hacked have yet to recieve confirmation of sega doing anything of this nature. They did not return anything in the past as you say. WE will see if they do anything this time.

And to anyone who thinks hacking can be stoped your misinformed. The only way to stop it 100% is by not allowing access to the server which would mean not being able to play. As long as a computer is online it is vulnerable to attacks no matter how secure you think you are.

Hacking is definitely not something avoidable. That's why you take the best measures and best safeguards to avoid it. You've been hit by the same hack at least on 5 different occasions now? The same hack? In any other game that is something that would have been fixed/optimized/dealt with by now. And what's truly laughable is that you took that long to type out that ginormous post AND try to defend your company in it. They've been hit by this SAME THING before, tried to fix it, and have failed (hey sound like a bunch of other glitches :P).

You obviously love your job and take a lot of pride in it. So stop talking about progress you're seeing and do something about it. Get these people back the items they lost, and put a resolution to the hack. You'd really rather spend your time addressing me or Id, 2 peons that don't mean anything in the grand sceme of things that don't even play the game anymore? That's awesome, and we get a good lol out of it, but I don't think one of your customers is appreciating your wasted time.

oh and biggie nice hurhur buzyb name drop.
you forget the difference is I actually try to make some valid points instead of just smashing my keyboard against my forehead. sometimes...

Calsetes
Mar 5, 2009, 05:01 PM
you forget the difference is I actually try to make some valid points instead of just smashing my keyboard against my forehead. sometimes...

Public service announcement, kiddies:

Banging your head on your keyboard has been known to cause severe brain damage in children under 1 years of age. Soft spots, however, have been proven to do more damage to the keyboard than to the child itself.

Sorry, just injecting a dose of vitamin H into this.

BIGGIEstyle
Mar 5, 2009, 05:13 PM

LoL sorry man, It's been so long since you complained about something that I forgot what the difference was. You bring up some valid points though man, but damn if you're gonna quit and still peruse the forums at least throw something good at us.... maybe some new update bear or something.

Volcompat321
Mar 5, 2009, 06:35 PM
Oh Ruby, I love how you mysteriously come out and defend Sega every time they fubar (even when it's the xth same instance of the hack). You really need to take a look at what the poster below said.

Hacking is definitely not something avoidable. That's why you take the best measures and best safeguards to avoid it. You've been hit by the same hack at least on 5 different occasions now? The same hack? In any other game that is something that would have been fixed/optimized/dealt with by now. And what's truly laughable is that you took that long to type out that ginormous post AND try to defend your company in it. They've been hit by this SAME THING before, tried to fix it, and have failed (hey sound like a bunch of other glitches :P).

You obviously love your job and take a lot of pride in it. So stop talking about progress you're seeing and do something about it. Get these people back the items they lost, and put a resolution to the hack. You'd really rather spend your time addressing me or Id, 2 peons that don't mean anything in the grand sceme of things that don't even play the game anymore? That's awesome, and we get a good lol out of it, but I don't think one of your customers is appreciating your wasted time.

i beg to differ in the part i made larger...look at my post, i am 1 customer, and there are few people that also post a "thank you" look at this link cause you fail cracka jhttp://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159640

System-Id
Mar 5, 2009, 08:48 PM

Lulz Ruby Owned right back... Winter Carnival.... Isnt winter over????? LULZ XD SEGACCCCC yea since you protect SEGAC so much ruby wheres all my items? i lost over 20 S ranks from my shop i submitted my ticket now wheres my stuff? O right a weeks past and HMMMMM nothing back yet...... Darn SEGAC strikes again lol

Volcompat321
Mar 5, 2009, 08:56 PM
Lulz Ruby Owned right back... Winter Carnival.... Isnt winter over????? LULZ XD SEGACCCCC yea since you protect SEGAC so much ruby wheres all my items? i lost over 20 S ranks from my shop i submitted my ticket now wheres my stuff? O right a weeks past and HMMMMM nothing back yet...... Darn SEGAC strikes again lol

did you run out of things to say? cause this post was just lame...seriously, quit your psu playing, and move on :rant:

System-Id
Mar 5, 2009, 09:25 PM
did you run out of things to say? cause this post was just lame...seriously, quit your psu playing, and move on :rant:

Why dont you mind your own business? Dont you have PSU to play? Are you my stalker now juss readin anything i post? Go do EVENT MISSIONS OVERR and OVERR and OVERR and OVERRR again

Powder Keg
Mar 5, 2009, 09:35 PM
Good thing I don't care as much about this game as I used to.

But I pretty much already knew that Sega wouldn't have the ability/manpower to do what is necessary to keep the players playing. If this glitch is never fixed or items are not compensated then you may as well consider player shops gone forever in this game.

Swiftstrike
Mar 5, 2009, 11:00 PM
Why dont you mind your own business? Dont you have PSU to play? Are you my stalker now juss readin anything i post? Go do EVENT MISSIONS OVERR and OVERR and OVERR and OVERRR again

You may forget that these forums are publicly viewable, making it everyone's buisness. And your complete disregard for grammer is getting old. You've quit PSU and made your rants heard, now go find some other forums to troll.

Sorry, I forgot to add "please".

System-Id
Mar 5, 2009, 11:36 PM
You may forget that these forums are publicly viewable, making it everyone's buisness. And your complete disregard for grammer is getting old. You've quit PSU and made your rants heard, now go find some other forums to troll.

Sorry, I forgot to add "please".

Lol YOU need to mind YOUR own business as well because i can do whatever i want to do. Now why dont you search through some other topics if you dont like this you m'kay?

Swiftstrike
Mar 5, 2009, 11:54 PM
Lol YOU need to mind YOUR own business as well because i can do whatever i want to do. Now why dont you search through some other topics if you dont like this you m'kay?

Im sorry, I didn't know someone died and made you god. My bad.

I will post where ever I want and about whatever I want, even if it is by someone who "co-leads" da familia (a gang filled with elitist pigs im sure).

Anyway, im not going to post regarding you anymore (not worth my time).

Can't wait for you to leave, bye!

In regards to this thread:

Sega has made an announcement that it is safe to open shop agian.

Zeek123
Mar 6, 2009, 12:09 AM

Promise?

darkante
Mar 6, 2009, 12:12 AM

This i find hard to believe. I think i wait some more, maybe a week at the least.
I didnīt bother open last time the attack went on whenever it subsided as i knew it wouldnīt take long until next attack.
Those buggers donīt give up easiely to ruin for everyone.

Swiftstrike
Mar 6, 2009, 12:12 AM
Promise?

lol according to Sega.

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid94

PhdChristmas
Mar 6, 2009, 09:37 AM
problems will go away whenever GG decides to update the client side anti-cheat. There is no anti-cheat on the server side, just a bunch of numbers that need to be found and interpreted.

Generally the cheater in question doesnt have enough meseta to purchase the items at their listed price.

possible cheating methods:

-The cheater has found the memory address that checks whether you have or dont have the amount of meseta needed to make the purchase. When the exchange takes place, his client says that he has enough meseta, but when the transaction takes place serverside it exchanges the item but doesnt deliver the meseta, because there is no meseta in his possession.

-Cheater is changing their character info/ID to the shop owner's, granting the cheater full access to the player's room as if he were the owner. This method wont leave a name in the Visitor Log as the cheater came in as you. Shop owner must be online for this to work. (this has been patched the first quarter of US PSU, from what i can interpret).

-Cheater is scanning memory addresses and deleting or modifying server side data that would otherwise be the listed item in the player shop (this is extremely unlikely, unless psu servers have absoluetly no protection from remote access.

It could be none of the above, some fatal error that occurs when a legitimate player purchases an item, but the server itself doesnt deliver the meseta.

Edit: a fatal flaw in these GG protected games, many game calculations take place on the client side. PSU/PSO for example, your client is a hub that recieves and displays data from the server's Hard drive. Once all that data is sent to you, you can do whatever you want with it, edit, delete, add, after that you just do a simple action that updates the serverside data, the server does not have a checksum for every calculation that takes place. Its up to gameguard to make all that data appear unreadable or unaccessable. As the game matures and developers realize "hey we need to keep track of all the meseta and every action that occurs in a player's room" the server begins to checksum specific data that gets sent back and forth between the client and the server, but this is still exploitable, its just a manner of finding other ways with higher risks.

Other games, big titles such as WoW, and FFXI, All major calculations take place server side, the only thing the client side calculates is the coordinates of your character in the given world, movement speed and simple UI functions(i shouldnt have to list pixel processing, duh!). Its still possible to cheat on offical corporation servers, however you are going to get caught right away if you do manage to find a way to access the game's memory addresses.

Tycho
Mar 6, 2009, 04:09 PM
Edit: a fatal flaw in these GG protected games, many game calculations take place on the client side.

With the experience of having made the first console MMO, Sega, like these other big companies, should realize all of these extra server-side checks are strictly needed. In fact, trusting the client program as they have is simply irresponsible. As anyone knows, GameGuard is not an excuse.

Cracka_J
Mar 6, 2009, 04:50 PM
i beg to differ in the part i made larger...look at my post, i am 1 customer, and there are few people that also post a "thank you" look at this link cause you fail cracka jhttp://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159640

read my post again. it may be the way I typed it or the way you read it, but I'm not getting on his case for spending his time trying to better the situation. you guys need that, and you deserve your shit back, bottom line.

what I was getting on him for was a wasted wall-o-text directed at me and id, when neither of us are even paying customers anymore. you guys need your stuff back and you need a problem resolved, and he's off browsing forums looking for post to flamebait back when he could be working on a resolution. that's definitely not fair to you guys, but see it how you like.

BahnKnakyu
Mar 6, 2009, 04:51 PM
Looks like they purposely target those with really rare items in shops. Again, it's best to report to Sega.

I find it strange that it's the OP that always reports losing items, and it's always his PWand.

I think you're right, throw some regular stuff in the shop and maybe, just maybe those hackers will skip over you.

ashley50
Mar 6, 2009, 04:56 PM
this thing still going on? o_O

BahnKnakyu
Mar 6, 2009, 05:10 PM
With the experience of having made the first console MMO, Sega, like these other big companies, should realize all of these extra server-side checks are strictly needed. In fact, trusting the client program as they have is simply irresponsible. As anyone knows, GameGuard is not an excuse.

The problem here is Sega of Japan is depending on GameGuard to protect its client. The client probably has its own anti cheat mechanisms in place, but having to rely on a third party for your game protection, especially for a game that has a PAYING subscription base, makes absolutely no sense.

If it's a free to play game, I would understand why GameGuard is used (limited resources - easier to use a canned anti-cheat solution than to completely build a server-client solution from the ground up). However, the proper client-server model is to do it the way the bigger MMOs do it, strictly player position calculation on the client side, and ALL other calculations on the server side.

The problem with GameGuard is it's pretty much like using a condom for intercourse, but it ends up breaking as soon as you put it on. This is because GameGuard actually acts like a rootkit on the client's system - it hides itself from other processes and places itself into the lower levels of the memory address. This actually leaves your system *more vulnerable* to malicious attacks, as people just need to break through GameGuard to get to those protected memory addresses that are normally shielded by the system. On top of that, whenever there's a new release of GameGuard out, hackers usually find a way to break through it within the first week - GameGuard is essentially worthless.

This was the reason why Mark Russinovich was highly against the Rootkit behavior of the Sony DRM software, because it's essentially a security risk waiting to happen. I seriously do not understand why Sega is depending on GG to protect their software - it causes more harm than good for its users.

DreXxiN
Mar 6, 2009, 06:22 PM
It's been about 3 days since a reply from Edward about my items, so I'm not so sure of the status of that.

And agreeing with Cracka here for pretty much all of his points. Most of these problems would be fixed and perhaps NEW hacks would come out (that's futile) however they'd be resolved eventually.

Seeing people room hack OVER..and OVER...and OVER is rather discouraging. In an economy where Pay-to-play games is actually taxing on some people's income, bad move to not completely bust your ass to get a fix.

Thus I bid this game farewell, and no I'm not giving rares to randoms.

I'll keep my sub active for my last month so I can get those 13 mugunruk boards back.

System-Id
Mar 6, 2009, 06:40 PM
It's been about 3 days since a reply from Edward about my items, so I'm not so sure of the status of that.

And agreeing with Cracka here for pretty much all of his points. Most of these problems would be fixed and perhaps NEW hacks would come out (that's futile) however they'd be resolved eventually.

Seeing people room hack OVER..and OVER...and OVER is rather discouraging. In an economy where Pay-to-play games is actually taxing on some people's income, bad move to not completely bust your ass to get a fix.

Thus I bid this game farewell, and no I'm not giving rares to randoms.

I'll keep my sub active for my last month so I can get those 13 mugunruk boards back.

"Win".
You see? More people going

Jose!
Mar 6, 2009, 06:41 PM
WHAR BE MY ITEMZ?

MelanyKoura
Mar 6, 2009, 07:45 PM
See, this is why you don't put valuable stuff in your shop PM and why you should ALWAYS CARRY YOUR MONEY ON YOU!

If the rares aren't stored in the shop PM, no thefts. If they aren't for sale, still no thefts. If they aren't in storage, STILL no thefts. If they're not on common box... do I have to say it? NO MORE THEFTS.

It's quite obvious that the only aim is for money or high tier weapons... so deny them that by keeping those safely stored in non-shop rooms behind your locks (and for extra security, scramble the lock every day to three days). Then just post the offers on your room bulletin board and wait for responses, then carry out the transactions manually. It's really not all that hard.

Of course, if you're lazy then don't do any of that and continue to have your stuff stolen and cry about it.

Really, it's not that hard to just put like... a few seconds of thought into the whole thing.

Hell, I've carried out transactions like this with a couple players (as has my cousin) and it went pretty smoothly. My cousin even managed to haggle for a more reasonable price on a Rucar he was eying.

Yes there may be risks, but you can USUALLY catch things when doing a player to player trade, so the risk should be minimal.

So, keep the high tier stuff under lock and key (per se) and just put a post on your bulletin board saying you have this item for sale for so much and for those who want it to leave offers. Then just arrange a time or a place.

*lawn chair and waits for raeg to begin* Yes, I spelled it raeg. Leave me alone. xP

And if lower tier items are stolen, I don't think that's much of an issue since it's easy to replace just about anything below 11 stars.

autumn
Mar 6, 2009, 07:56 PM
For all those who are quitting see ya!
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

ashley50
Mar 6, 2009, 08:05 PM
quitting...? Seen that already, alot of times.

BIGGIEstyle
Mar 6, 2009, 08:07 PM
For all those who are quitting see ya!
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

This.

I hope you all move on to bigger and better games. Well... actually I just hope you move on.....

Edit: correction. I just don't wanna see you here :P

also,
Drex: Why wait for items to be replaced if you're just leaving?

Volcompat321
Mar 6, 2009, 09:50 PM
read my post again. it may be the way I typed it or the way you read it, but I'm not getting on his case for spending his time trying to better the situation. you guys need that, and you deserve your shit back, bottom line.

what I was getting on him for was a wasted wall-o-text directed at me and id, when neither of us are even paying customers anymore. you guys need your stuff back and you need a problem resolved, and he's off browsing forums looking for post to flamebait back when he could be working on a resolution. that's definitely not fair to you guys, but see it how you like.

i read nothing wrong, and you wrote nothing wrong, and im just throwing this out there, but maybe ruby like to look at the forums when hes not working, just to see what we are all up to and whatnot, im sure hes not working 24hours a day, and you shouldnt expect him to. yea, IF he was at work, sure maybe he could have been doing something more productive IF HE COULD. you should get off their dicks about it, im sure they are all working on some type of fix and compensation, maybe trying to get our shit back. who knows, ill just be happy, and play the game til they fix or whatever they have to do. im not pissed off and i lost easily 1-2 stacks worth of items in my shops. for those who are not quitting, continue playing the game as you would, hope you find some more rares, and when sega figures out what they doing, be happy, cause youll have more things :D

Ruru
Mar 7, 2009, 04:06 AM
See, this is why you don't put valuable stuff in your shop PM and why you should ALWAYS CARRY YOUR MONEY ON YOU!

If the rares aren't stored in the shop PM, no thefts. If they aren't for sale, still no thefts. If they aren't in storage, STILL no thefts. If they're not on common box... do I have to say it? NO MORE THEFTS.

It's quite obvious that the only aim is for money or high tier weapons... so deny them that by keeping those safely stored in non-shop rooms behind your locks (and for extra security, scramble the lock every day to three days). Then just post the offers on your room bulletin board and wait for responses, then carry out the transactions manually. It's really not all that hard.

Of course, if you're lazy then don't do any of that and continue to have your stuff stolen and cry about it.

Really, it's not that hard to just put like... a few seconds of thought into the whole thing.

Hell, I've carried out transactions like this with a couple players (as has my cousin) and it went pretty smoothly. My cousin even managed to haggle for a more reasonable price on a Rucar he was eying.

Yes there may be risks, but you can USUALLY catch things when doing a player to player trade, so the risk should be minimal.

So, keep the high tier stuff under lock and key (per se) and just put a post on your bulletin board saying you have this item for sale for so much and for those who want it to leave offers. Then just arrange a time or a place.

*lawn chair and waits for raeg to begin* Yes, I spelled it raeg. Leave me alone. xP

And if lower tier items are stolen, I don't think that's much of an issue since it's easy to replace just about anything below 11 stars.

i'm sorry but, cant carry all my money on my characters or picking up meseta would be impossible... also locking your room will prevent nothing. if a GG script loser wants in your room they'll get in.

necman
Mar 7, 2009, 09:22 AM
This.

I hope you all move on to bigger and better games. Well... actually I just hope you move on.....

also,

Perhaps he still has time left on his account and wants to distrubute to friends before leaving or just to have faith sega will do something. There may be other reasons. The thread titile indicated that it would be a place of some anger and complaints yet you came in just to to be a jerk. What is up with you and your guild members always bashing everyone. And I mean in game especially. And it's not a few random members either. When someone's upset only negative reactions will occure and if they only choose to post thier negativity on a message board then they are in good shape. This is not an attack on your guild as I have some friends there but you do have too many members that make you look bad. I had nothing stolen as my shop items always suck but good luck to any and all that are trying to recover your items.

BIGGIEstyle
Mar 7, 2009, 11:24 AM
Perhaps he still has time left on his account and wants to distrubute to friends before leaving or just to have faith sega will do something. There may be other reasons. The thread titile indicated that it would be a place of some anger and complaints yet you came in just to to be a jerk. What is up with you and your guild members always bashing everyone. And I mean in game especially. And it's not a few random members either. When someone's upset only negative reactions will occure and if they only choose to post thier negativity on a message board then they are in good shape. This is not an attack on your guild as I have some friends there but you do have too many members that make you look bad. I had nothing stolen as my shop items always suck but good luck to any and all that are trying to recover your items.

1: You're right, I had overlooked the fact he might have wanted to give that stuff to his friends. For that I apologize.

2: The thread title "PC/PS2 Hacker still Vandalizing Shops" bears no indication that it would be a rampant mess of people who have ALREADY quit the game doing nothing more than bashing Sega. I suppose I should rephrase my quote from "those who are leaving" to "those who quit and refuse to leave a forum for a game they don't play".

3: Who exactly is my guild bashing? All I've done is say that if you're done with the game to stop bothering with the forums. I love how you jump to defend them when someone isn't bashing them and do nothing while everyone yammers about how horrible Sega is.

4: I'm afraid I don't know who in my guild you've seen bashing people on the forums, and I have even less of an idea who does it in game. I know that many of my guild members have short tempers, however with almost 50 members I can't keep explicit tabs on everyone all the time. I encourage anyone offended by my members to PM me and let me know so they can be talked to, but without proof of your accusations this is just more slander against my guild.

5: I never said that I didn't wish everyone who lost items the best, if you'll look into the thread a little harder you'll see on more than one occasion I told people to be patient and wait for their items to be returned instead of quitting. This is less about the hacking and more about people who want to draw massive amounts of attention to themselves by quitting, only to resub in a month or two. It's happened hundreds of times before, some of those time being the same people who are "quitting" now. I'm just tired of their song and dance. If you say you're gonna quit, then quit.

Arika
Mar 7, 2009, 12:28 PM
I don't want to post here at first, but it seem too many people misunderstand or forget the very important points here already.

Let's me clarify this.

I see many people demand SEGA to return the lost items... okay.
Well, and why do you think they will not? Honestly, they already did it for the last 2 room hack incident( since AoI, there are only 2 times, and those were compensated by exaclty the same things. eg. my friend, TELOS got 3/3 Agito repca 38% dark amd 3/9 46% fire Zagza with exactly the same grind numbers) They also mentioned at the compensation that time that they had devoloped the way to track and return the lost items in AoI, so I m quite certain you will get your items back! ^^

At least, nobody get PM bomb this time, (which is like what Ruby said, the new method can't do it anymore)

and for all of your Pwands, mugunruk, just think as if you deposit them, you will get it back definitely anyway.

In the end, synthesis bonus won't come anytimes soon. so basically you lose nothing in term of item, but lose a bit in term of time. However, it is possible that they might even give extra compensation other than your lost items alone. so I think it counts as fair enough.

So you should consider quit if they really can't return your items this time, or just quit because you don't like the game or any other reasons if you have.
Quitting because of temporary lose visual items just seem to b too stupid, consider if you play over 1000 hours, but you temporary lose item which value around ten hours.

Anyway, more than this is up to whatever you think, I think most PSU players especially in PC/PS2 server are mature enough. Just quit if you consider it is enough reason.
this post intention is to say that they can return your item, and likely they will do it. so Good luck!

Kinako78
Mar 7, 2009, 03:07 PM
This.

also,

This.

DreXxiN
Mar 7, 2009, 08:45 PM
If you guys can't figure out at LEAST 3 reasons why I would want them replaced even though I am leaving then you are far too ignorant and/or shallow for me to even bother explaining.

I have my own agendas, and as a paying customer, there's no reason I shouldn't get them back.

And about "Don't put expensive stuff up in your shop!!!!!one11!"

Sorry, inexcusable. If it was a free game, maybe, but I should be able to do whatever I want with a shop for a game I pay 10 a month for without having to worry about it being STOLEN. I shouldn't have to change the way I play a game and run my shop because I have to worry about an incompetent anti-hack.

To all hating fanboys: Oh snaps, sorry if I stay on the public forums. Didn't know it was a prerequisite to still have an active account to browse these forums. That's quite the amusing dictation...

Perhaps half the community should no longer be here, hmm?

Arika
Mar 7, 2009, 10:03 PM
btw, Drex isn't quitting because of room hack, he just want to take a break since there is nothing to do atm. He will back when ST return his stuff or big update tho.

garbagenoob
Mar 7, 2009, 10:07 PM
no prerequisite for posting its jus that most people here cant stand when someone points out a flaw in there shitty psu world. seems everyone here has a reason for staying or quittin
whether it be hacking/sega inactvity/or gay stuff like monthly fashion shows.

Ill be as honest as i can. this games isnt good i actually sucks to be honest i only post here to see a new thread one day that says somethin along the lines of Sega goes bankrupt

u guys are look back in a couple of months an wonder,DAMN why has the userbase went from
200 to now a measly 70.an thats how pretty how all mmos meet there end.(even the suckish ones)

Zarode
Mar 8, 2009, 12:37 AM
Is anyone's shop still getting hacked?

Mine is. I lost everything.

ashley50
Mar 8, 2009, 01:03 AM
really now...

Miyoko
Mar 8, 2009, 07:23 PM
Incoming Wall O' Text...

I remember seeing a Lv1 female dwarf fighting Lv58 dragons in Burning Steppes a long, long time ago in WoW, and winning! :D

Cracka_J
Mar 8, 2009, 07:46 PM
Wow, I didn't see the no-subscription poster hate in here too (and from some unexpected people :() but I already typed this out in another thread and I suggest you all go and read if you feel so strongly on the subject. Hope that clarifies my pov a bit.

LINK (http://pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2264516&postcount=38)