PDA

View Full Version : PS3 question

D1ABOLIK
Mar 5, 2009, 03:40 AM
Hey everyone. Thinking of buying a PS3 and had a few questions. Im not going to buy one unless it is a BC model. Does anyone here use PSU for PS2 on their PS3? If so how is the performance? I have PSU for 360 but have been wanting a PS3 also. Would rather play PSU for PS3 since alot of the expansion content is available offline as well as online, which is my major gripe about AOTI for the 360 ( lack of offline content).

sovalou
Mar 5, 2009, 03:47 AM
its ok...its still not as good as PC considering you have to load every weapon. However it does lag less and loads faster than a PS2. Not to mention there is a smoothing feature that the ps3 uses for all ps2 games games to make the character models less chopping/blocky. So its not that great and not to bad either.

_Vyser_
Mar 5, 2009, 03:48 AM
My friend used to play PSU on his PS3, so it does infact work on it (he switched to PC). I don't recall him mentioning anything different, but I'll make sure to ask him when I see him again.

Alnet
Mar 5, 2009, 04:53 AM
It plays like on the PS2, but runs noticeably faster for things like switching casting weapons rapidly. Also, yes, the graphics do look a bit more smooth.

Also, interesting to note: When PSU was introduced to the PS3, there was a serious error where the game data could not be saved. If you wanted to switch characters, this became incredibly irritating, since you had to try to get the game data to load several (5... 6... 7...) times, and the machine would just refuse to acknowledge there is any game data at all. This affected the offline data as well. They've patched this issue up with a software update (make sure to update the PS3's system software), so if it errors like this at all, you only have to retry maybe once.

PC version is still better, though, so if you have a decent PC, you may want to try that instead~ PC version demands that you have internet access to play offline mode (don't ask... it's a GameGuard thing...), whereas the PS2 version does not, though.