PDA

View Full Version : winter event lobby glitch

Valhaz
Mar 6, 2009, 05:34 AM
360 servers are up but can anyone explain why the Winter Carnival is still up an running? I'm doing Charged Puzzle as we speak....

Christmas
Mar 6, 2009, 05:35 AM
Yeah, I posted that in another thread. Looks like they only closed the doors. Didn't remove any of the scripts or whatever. Fun, fun.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 05:35 AM
:whip:Sniffs air *roll back

Valhaz
Mar 6, 2009, 05:38 AM
You guys think there will actually be a rollback? I was gonna run a few bonuses while it was still up but I don't want it to be pointless....

xzidanex
Mar 6, 2009, 05:39 AM
:whip:Sniffs air *roll back

*inhales* 'Tis a good smell isn't it?

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 05:40 AM
makes you light headed if you hold it in * holds for 20 seconds.......Passes out:dead:

xzidanex
Mar 6, 2009, 05:47 AM
Hmmm, did they bring the servers back down already?

Edit: Nevermind, it was my internet XD

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 05:49 AM
lol i logged off as soon as i saw the carnival still playable post

Valhaz
Mar 6, 2009, 05:49 AM
Nope not yet....running through Charged Puzzle atm

xzidanex
Mar 6, 2009, 05:51 AM
I just wanted to sign in to see if they ninja'd in Arms Dealer >.> Now I'm gonna sign off though. Here's to hoping they catch this early on so maybe they won't decide to rollback.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 05:51 AM
well havent seen any other posts about any other problems

not even on the official forums ive only noticed items not showing up but apperantly you have to relist your items in your shops hmm i never had that problem before :whip:

well apperently im not going crazy at least not alone the maddness is spreading:whip:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=99770

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=99772

so any1 know if the servers are still up having my breakfast and if so any1 know for sure yet if this will indeed cause a roll back i still have this lingering feeling

xzidanex
Mar 6, 2009, 05:53 AM
I dunno, I'm having connection problems... I'm not always connecting, and the retry button still doesn't work XD

Valhaz
Mar 6, 2009, 05:55 AM
Someone on the Sega side has to know now. (Or at least we can hope they catch it, bring down the servers and do a QUICK patch to remove it....Here's to hoping!

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 6, 2009, 06:14 AM
in b4 rollback~

Crocky
Mar 6, 2009, 06:40 AM
uh whats that wep?

Magician
Mar 6, 2009, 07:25 AM
Hopefully the rollback comes before the GM event today.

I don't want my Moatoob collectable taken away. :(

Alnet
Mar 6, 2009, 07:25 AM
uh whats that wep?
"Spread Needle."

Phaesphora
Mar 6, 2009, 07:26 AM
Hopefully the rollback comes before the GM event today.
I was about to post this.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 07:28 AM
i dont even want to play since theres no reassurance WAKE UP DEV TEAM lol:whip:

Swiftstrike
Mar 6, 2009, 07:31 AM
lol Sega, idiots. Why can't they just REMOVE the freaking access to this area? Or remove the missions at least.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
so im guessing if they dont remove it we can spam for munburgas ^^;

i dont even want to attemp it incase of woot rollbacks

i Pray for a roll back my 3 rattlesnakes=failure

lmao every1 is crownding in frint of event area

The Overlord
Mar 6, 2009, 08:08 AM
It's not like anyone's losing anything so I don't see a reason to rollback.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 08:11 AM
but the event was suppose to be removed was'nt it?:whip:

doomkilledu
Mar 6, 2009, 08:13 AM
if it stays then...uhm....yay for mugunburga, mugunruks and adahna units?!

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 6, 2009, 08:13 AM
Ninja'd 1 week extension :)
You guys are lucky

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 08:15 AM
i hear its a glitch O_O

The Overlord
Mar 6, 2009, 08:19 AM
I read it's a double post.

Swiftstrike
Mar 6, 2009, 08:31 AM
I think the Sega developers fell asleep hehe

Toph The Earthbender
Mar 6, 2009, 08:58 AM
when does the carnival even end?

Magician
Mar 6, 2009, 08:59 AM
when does the carnival even end?

Yesterday...

Toph The Earthbender
Mar 6, 2009, 09:06 AM
awesome, I have not played in a while so i didn't know

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 09:48 AM
lol i seriously pray for a roll back so many ppl teaching the glitch so many people still doing the run why hasnt anything been done?

ashley50
Mar 6, 2009, 12:09 PM
it ends by not going or doing it...

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 12:11 PM
well good luck getting other ppl to stop lmao this game will now be called winter csrnival online:whip:

Variance
Mar 6, 2009, 12:28 PM
It's been fixed; the glitch people have been "teaching" doesn't appear to work anymore, and a character I had in the event lobby from last night was only allowed to return to Cylez 3rd floor when I logged back in.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 12:30 PM
nope i still c ppl going in and out

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 12:31 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=99775

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 12:32 PM
Edward@Sega
Site Admin

Since the door is still locked I assume this is users accessing the room through the glitch method -- while it was harmless when the event area was empty, I'm going to ask users not to glitch into the area now, and this isn't something we want to have to start enforcing.

I'll post an update on this as soon as I know the plans for fixing it

And no, this doesn't warrant a rollback.

^^; for those of us to lazy to click the link this is the key point

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 12:35 PM
ok thought id make a thread to throw it out there

Edward@Sega
Site Admin
Since the door is still locked I assume this is users accessing the room through the glitch method -- while it was harmless when the event area was empty, I'm going to ask users not to glitch into the area now, and this isn't something we want to have to start enforcing.

Magician
Mar 6, 2009, 12:43 PM
Sounds as though this'll be fixed with a ninja update at some point in time.

At least with the mention of no rollback it feels safe to play tonight.

Vickie
Mar 6, 2009, 12:45 PM

Edward@Sega
Site Admin

lol "before we have to start enforcing" Sounds like theyre serious about the LAW in this VIDEO GAME haha ill slap that nigga with a hand full of chunky peanut butter...

i take that back that dude Edward is pretty funny
lmao KILLABOT

JAFO22000
Mar 6, 2009, 12:49 PM

Edward@Sega
Site Admin

Oh God. This is disgusting. They are ASKING people not to glitch in there or else they will start "enforcing"....WoOoOoOoOoO!!!

This is what is going to happen: People will continue to glitch in and run these missions, given that there is still some good stuff to be had...in fact, even more will do it now that it's "forbidden". Weeks from now, it will become a huge problem and....ROLLBACK AHOY!!!

fay
Mar 6, 2009, 12:51 PM
i thought this was funny and deserved a topic. someone called killbot was adveritsing to sell the glitch into the carnival for 5k right in front of edward.

he dissapeard and wont be comming back :O

of all places. in front of a GM hahaahahaha

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 6, 2009, 01:06 PM
edward was there? i wish i saw that >_<

sovalou
Mar 6, 2009, 01:09 PM
geez...SEGA is having a bad string of luck nowadays, I hope this is resolved soon though. I'd rather not have updates delayed

packerfan01
Mar 6, 2009, 01:20 PM
i was there and it was funny

Zephyte
Mar 6, 2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah, we really shouldn't fall even more behind in updates.

Still lol'ing at killabot sellin glitch in front of Edward. b&

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 01:45 PM
ok so orchid says hey enjoy the event edward says no so who do we listen to?

Magician
Mar 6, 2009, 02:07 PM
ok so orchid says hey enjoy the event edward says no so who do we listen to?

Edward's problem is that killbot was selling the glitch.

From what both Edward and Clumsy and have said, entering the event area will not result in a ban. Which is basically saying "go ahead, enjoy it while it lasts". So in all likelihood this glitch will be ninja-fixed, eventually. ST may be too busy with the GM event to fix this today, tomorrow perhaps?

_Vyser_
Mar 6, 2009, 02:46 PM
Oh nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few more PA levels when I log in today.

xzidanex
Mar 6, 2009, 03:10 PM
Actually I think Clumsy was referring to the PSP event day... not the fact that the Winter Carnival is still accessible.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 6, 2009, 03:36 PM
geez...SEGA is having a bad string of luck nowadays, I hope this is resolved soon though. I'd rather not have updates delayed

More failures from sega. Just like Epic with gow2.

JAFO22000
Mar 6, 2009, 03:54 PM

At what point does the bungling of this game by SEGA cease to be "a string of bad luck" and become "errors brought on by incompetence"??? Everybody will realize it's the latter sooner or later. You can't keep giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Vickie
Mar 6, 2009, 04:05 PM
At what point does the bungling of this game by SEGA cease to be "a string of bad luck" and become "errors brought on by incompetence"??? Everybody will realize it's the latter sooner or later. You can't keep giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I agree its sega fuckin up, I just play and Dont concern myself with this crap, i do my solo runs and look for rares.

besides im a huge fan of sega so i try not to piss on them too much.

Alecc
Mar 6, 2009, 04:06 PM
edward just said:

Just an update:

We have raised the issue with Sonic Team and we'll fix it as soon as we can (though likely not today, since the PSP event will be gong on all day).

To reiterate: no one is going to get banned for being in/playing in the event area, and there will be no rollback -- it was (again) our mistake, so really, enjoy the extra Carnival time!

Please don't try to sell the glitch. That's just unethical and silly.

Swiftstrike
Mar 6, 2009, 04:08 PM
I like to defend Sega, but this is much too retarded. You would think that Sega would REMOVE the event or at least access to it, not just lock an obviously glitchable door.

Vickie
Mar 6, 2009, 04:18 PM
Well psu IS gettin kinda old and its Dying im just greatful that theyre still doing events and shit, im sure its a hell of alot bigger in japan and they gotta take care o that community, only thing i wish they would do is find a way to merge us and Japan into one Community. i understand for them its business first.

then again a merge like that would probably be hard to do
i also drool at the thought of them maybe givin acrofighers S rank cards, doubt it would ever happen tho
Kaza-kikami and Shura hiken together would be a sight to see

ThaRealPrez
Mar 6, 2009, 04:50 PM
they better not rollback i finally found my lumirus kaos knight today soloing....I will be so pissed.

Vickie
Mar 6, 2009, 04:53 PM
they better not rollback i finally found my lumirus kaos knight today soloing....I will be so pissed.

nah youre good they wont if they rollback they gotta do the Phantasy star portable day shit over, i doubt they wanna do that spam fest again

ashley50
Mar 6, 2009, 06:50 PM
in other words...same like the Club room glitch

(before it was open)

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 6, 2009, 06:56 PM
7) Rollback!
Fixed

GMs actually telling players how to glitch their own game... what is the world coming to :P

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 6, 2009, 07:06 PM
lol i cant believe its not butter

AzureBlaze
Mar 6, 2009, 07:16 PM
But what good is it to get in there?
Do all the things still work, like getting spheres and being able to exchange stuff for tickets? All those missions seem like a lot to 'have to keep on working' even though they're supposed to be gone. Did anyone get in there to see if any unused tix were still there? Can you still trade in your spheres? Does this mean that we can get a second chance at a Yasha by cramming ourselves through the door?

I looked it up on PSUpedia after seeing one drop and not having it go to me (and then the event ended) but it looks like there's no other way to get this, if you missed it on the carnival. (seriously dissapointing!) If wedging someone in the door is legit enough for the official boards...this could be the golden opportunity for the unlucky people!

Ruru
Mar 7, 2009, 04:15 AM
if they're going to just leave it in there they might as well keep the doors open. maybe lower or change the drop rates and keep it as a normal mission or something. no use letting something like that take up space if you cant "officially" use it.

Scarlett
Mar 7, 2009, 10:27 AM
Leave it open please!
White beast needs a rest.

NDW
Mar 7, 2009, 10:39 AM
I just want it kept open for the Polties. :(

Ryno
Mar 7, 2009, 12:07 PM
I did the winter lobby glitch and it worked going to the clothing room. LoL (just wanted to tr it out) i guess it can work anywhere besides makeover?
I did just a quick in and out. and not wake 5 seconds.and it worked.
(with with somone in my party standing at the event door)

Neith
Mar 7, 2009, 12:20 PM
Incase anyone hasn't noticed yet (and no, I'm not reading an 8 page thread), if you use the Universe change cubes in the Event Area, you'll move Universe, but get thrown out to the 3rd floor again.

Here's hoping Event Area is closed soon, I can't stand more nights of Charged Puzzle

Ryno
Mar 7, 2009, 12:23 PM
Incase anyone hasn't noticed yet (and no, I'm not reading an 8 page thread), if you use the Universe change cubes in the Event Area, you'll move Universe, but get thrown out to the 3rd floor again.

Here's hoping Event Area is closed soon, I can't stand more nights of Charged Puzzle

yes. that's why I have been AFK in the lobby somtimes to do other things..LoL. so I wont have to do the glitch over and over. LoL

Ryno
Mar 7, 2009, 04:11 PM
now i did it the Armor part room. and the glitched still worked. so I guess it's not only the make over room. it can be anyroom?

and it also works when you're in a differ unverse. and then switch to uni 1 or 2 s long as somone is standing there and its; open. =]

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 7, 2009, 04:31 PM
You don't follow the crowd eh? this statement contradicts what you just said.

All i gotta say is this........
Watch 03:54-04:09
http://www.hulu.com/watch/57947/family-guy-oceans-three-and-a-half

Pickleahoy
Mar 7, 2009, 07:55 PM
I couldnt do the glitch no matter what. Turns out I had the Low Level Of Detail characters set to 0 on the graphics configuration since I didnt want to see ghosts in the distance instead of full characters. Well, that makes you not able to see other players that are too far therefore the door wont open even if people are sitting next to it since they'll only spawn in your screen once you are close to them :P

LuigiMario
Mar 7, 2009, 11:23 PM
Heres hoping it stays open so white beast can be left vacant.