PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Scammer Alert! GuardiansOfTheLight!

AmRiT
Mar 6, 2009, 07:10 PM
He claimed to sell a 9/9 SNG, (in the Trade Section)

We put everything up in the trade window, I saw the 9/9 SNG and everything was confirmed, then I finalized, it was taking a lil longer than expected, so I suspected something fishy was going on...

I quickly cancelled the trade, went to view items and BAM, a 2/2 SNG was there, obviously he switched em...

Details:

GT He used was, LILTTLE JEFFREY

He claimed to be doing for a friend, who 'paid' for a new account for him to do it on, so the ID was new... Sounded trustworthy, but ultimately wasn't

His character name was, 'The Protector'
Character ID was '301xxxxxx'

- I just dodged a bullet there, lol

Chuck_Norris
Mar 6, 2009, 07:21 PM
Report it to sega. This thread will just get locked on this site. Nice of you to warn people, though. :>

AmRiT
Mar 6, 2009, 07:23 PM
Report it to sega. This thread will just get locked on this site. Nice of you to warn people, though. :>

I reported it, but I thought I'd warn people properly, scammers are scum ;)

kejen
Mar 6, 2009, 07:41 PM
How is sega so incompetent not to be able to program a secure trading system?

Only have actually traded 10 times at the most, so no clue how to scam. But have read about the standby scam. Very easy, if your latency goes over 1000ms anytime during a trade, trade is canceled. If there is a way to switch items around...that is very easy too. If an item that is put up has needs to be removed, trade canceled.

I personally blame sega for crappy coding to give the outlet for scammers to do this.

God_Shiden
Mar 6, 2009, 07:42 PM
Xbox360= Scammers
PS2/PC= Hackers

...Seriously,WTF SEGAC?!