PDA

View Full Version : How was your day?

Sayara
Mar 6, 2009, 11:58 PM
so FKL, How was your day?

I got my raise today at work :>!

Shadowpawn
Mar 6, 2009, 11:59 PM
I think I screwed up on a major test today. :/ Fuckin' Cramer's Rule.

Leviathan
Mar 7, 2009, 12:05 AM
Spent it puking and lying in bed.
Also no work and no paycheck.

My day was okay.

TalHex
Mar 7, 2009, 02:28 AM
most boring day of my life in school
wasted 3 more hours of my life because i couldn't get a ride home and i don't have a car
hung out with my friends till 930
played star ocean 4 till 200

MetaZedlen
Mar 7, 2009, 02:41 AM
Blah, could have been so much better...

I woke up at about 11am with horrible congestion and sore throat, took some meds and went back to sleep, had a nightmare each hour and fell back asleep right after...

Got up at 6:30pm, wasted a really nice day... anyway, took a shit ton of meds to counter my insane pains, ate while watching some Whose Line is it Anyway.

After the WLiiA, I decide to play some Super Metroid, and I played it through to the end (the start point was right after I kill phantoon), and my finishing time was 1 hour and 30 minutes, and yes, I was very happy, and I set a new record for myself (now I have to get under 1:20...)

About an hour ago I carried out a massive conversation with one of my buddies that I haven't talked to in a while...

And now I'm here, but I'll probably get back to working on The Haises Project for a little while if I don't get back to work (sorry to those reading and waiting... been in a slump (it's not easy writing with a lot of detail in fights...))

EDIT: my Super Metroid run is completely legit, no TAS or savestates (except for saving right after I kill phantoon, because I was done playing at the time)

Outrider
Mar 7, 2009, 01:33 PM
so FKL, How was your day?

I got my raise today at work :>!

Nice!

We've got a freeze on raises and hiring at my office, but it's better than people getting laid off. I wasn't expecting a raise anyway, so no loss for me.

Sayara
Mar 7, 2009, 04:46 PM
my raises arent by work ethics, just by hours worked total. I hit the next tier list i guess.

TODAY! my friend did some finishing touches on my costume for Otakon, It looks sweeeeet

Zarode
Mar 7, 2009, 05:13 PM
um

my day is going pretty well :> I have work in a bit, and I'm not really looking forward to it, but...

I'll have a good day anyways :D

Majarra
Mar 7, 2009, 05:32 PM
Lets see. I woke up. Drank some milk. Ate an apple. walked to del taco and got some tacos for the little ones.

SStrikerR
Mar 7, 2009, 08:52 PM
Well, i went to the store and got a bunch of stuff for lacrosse. I went out and practiced a little bit, and came home and got on BB.

Dre_o
Mar 8, 2009, 12:05 AM
Woke up, did some work on my Team Fortress 2 map and played some games.

Then, I had a lunch date with a beautiful girl. Great time. We went to Applebee's.

After that, I came home and rested before a shorter day at work than normal.

Overall a very good day, thanks for asking.

EDIT: Only thing that is a shame is that after I do my 94 push-ups and some other stuff, I won't have time to have "coward killing time" before my Adult Swim shows come on. Oh well.

Outrider
Mar 8, 2009, 02:33 AM
Great time.

We went to Applebee's.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

AlexCraig
Mar 8, 2009, 02:41 AM
No work. Hung out around the house for the bulk of the day.

Majarra
Mar 8, 2009, 02:42 AM
DOES NOT COMPUTE.ASFJ/ BLARGH. HE IS AN ASSASSIN. DO NOT THREATEN. RAAAAAAAAAGE

astuarlen
Mar 8, 2009, 03:12 AM
I springed ahead and sprung a leek. He was pretty happy to get out of the clink and rewarded me with a delicious stew.

TalHex
Mar 8, 2009, 10:06 AM
I prophecized the end of the world, and played star ocean

Randomness
Mar 8, 2009, 10:11 AM
I prophesied utter failure, and proved myself wrong. (After 8 hours of work)

MetaZedlen
Mar 8, 2009, 02:28 PM
I'M STILL FREAKING SICK!!!

It's kinda pissing me off... but at least it wasn't as bad as a few days ago...

But some good news, I beat my Super Metroid record again, I got 1:29!!!

Larian
Mar 8, 2009, 05:06 PM
Just...blah...

raikomaru40
Mar 9, 2009, 11:06 AM
Sat around watching TV, going on Facebook, and playing Chrono Trigger.

Outrider
Mar 9, 2009, 11:51 AM
playing Chrono Trigger.

I think we could all learn something from raikomaru.

And that something is that we should all be playing more Chrono Trigger.

Vanzazikon
Mar 9, 2009, 12:08 PM
So we all can learn that there is a giant porcupine in the center of the Earth, slowly eating and draining the Earth's precious energy. :wacko:

raikomaru40
Mar 9, 2009, 12:36 PM
I never said that, but sure, by all means believe that. I'd pretty much encourage playing more of any Square Enix RPG. :trout:

Outrider
Mar 9, 2009, 02:18 PM
I'd pretty much encourage playing more of any Square Enix RPG. :trout:

Whoa, whoa, whoa... let's not say things we can't take back.

That's just going a bit too far.

SubstanceD
Mar 9, 2009, 02:42 PM
I have the flu so I'm obviously feeling pretty awful at the moment.

I am also a little bit pissed off, I ordered Phantasy Star Portable off the internet from Amazon today was estimated deleivery date. I should have been resting in bed watching dvd's and playing games but instead I spent half the morning camped out in near the mail box.

The day could have been better.

Alnet
Mar 9, 2009, 04:42 PM
I've been awake over 24 hours.

TalHex
Mar 9, 2009, 05:28 PM
We shot of rockets in my drafting class today.
the good news: they were propelled like missiles
the bad news: nobody got hit

Tessu
Mar 9, 2009, 06:07 PM
Today the weather gave up on making sense and it hailed (x2), snowed (x7), rained (x4), and glowed with sunshine (x2) all in the same 9 hours.

Leviathan
Mar 9, 2009, 06:29 PM
Woke up at 6.
It was dark.
Went to school half day, because it was half-day.
Exchanged my check.
Went to Target and bought Kiwi Watermelon water and Lemon Rasberry water.
-I also bought a mango smoothie from there. <3
Had Taco Bell for lunch.
Went to sleep.
Woke up, posted some, and now I am watching Seinfeld.

AlexCraig
Mar 9, 2009, 06:55 PM
Woke up laaaaaaaaaate.
Been chatting online.
Been playing video games.
Dad's making tacos.
I have work tonight.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 9, 2009, 07:15 PM
I feel like the living dead with a 20 pound weight on my head.

Randomness
Mar 9, 2009, 07:16 PM
Tired all morning.
Got back a test. 79/80.
Got home.
Games.

Lance813
Mar 9, 2009, 07:18 PM
Mabinogi is really addicting. I played that all day.

MetaZedlen
Mar 9, 2009, 08:12 PM
w00T!!!

Got 1:22 on Super Metroid :D (still legit)

Larian
Mar 9, 2009, 11:20 PM
Uhhh...lets see...

Work, Mabi, Food, then Heroes, then more Mabi...Now, most likely sleep!! =D

CrimsomWolf
Mar 10, 2009, 02:55 AM
I'm back... BAAAAAABYYYYYYYYY.

All my days sucked during last week.

Good day.

*Snaps and starts pounding his head against the desk*

raikomaru40
Mar 10, 2009, 06:10 AM
I never said that, but sure, by all means believe that. I'd pretty much encourage playing more of any most Square Enix RPG's, especially Final Fantasy. :trout:

I'm a big proponent of Final Fantasy, any Final Fantasy, and today we get 2 hours off school!

Swiftstrike
Mar 10, 2009, 06:41 AM
4:34 AM where I am right now ... I have no life lol.

Yesterday was meh. Woke up, paid by cell phone bill, got called into work to cover co-workers shift (ugh), made some money, didn't get yelled at by a customer (yay!), got off work (finally), went home, collected my Voloyal silver, played call of duty 4, back to PSU (Servers Down!), roamed forums, played PSU (servers up!), ran The Eastern Peril S2 solo at level 79 (no Har / Quick *sadface*), currently roaming forums.

CrimsomWolf
Mar 10, 2009, 07:15 AM
1:14 PM Here. One more lesson to go (starts in about 26 min.)

And, seeing that my biology class was cancelled, I can go home early (2:20 PM. Usually it's 3 PM or later.)

Hopefully, I'll be able to sort out my computer problems.
And print out my English essays should my printer be in cooperable mood.

Outrider
Mar 10, 2009, 09:53 AM
I'm a big proponent of Final Fantasy, any Final Fantasy

See, these broad approvals can be a problem.

Some Final Fantasy games simply should not be championed.

Tessu
Mar 10, 2009, 04:36 PM
I hate it when people mispronounce words repeatedly after being corrected.

And that was my day.

Alnet
Mar 10, 2009, 05:41 PM
I woke up at midnight, did some homework, went back to sleep, got up again at 10, showered and left for classes, and came back at around 5.

Now I get to spend all night writing term papers and preparing for exams, because I have 1 paper due Wednesday, 1 paper due Thursday, and 1 exam on Wednesday.

Yayy.

Randomness
Mar 10, 2009, 05:50 PM
School
Mabi. Nobody on.

Kard
Mar 10, 2009, 05:56 PM
Can't find red weakness runes in Valkyrie Profile 2~ Walther and Gyne are arrrrrrrrseholes.

Firocket1690
Mar 10, 2009, 06:12 PM
I went to CS lab, then English. Then I went poking around looking for the gaming club, and why they weren't in the usual room. Then I realised it was tuesday. >_>;

I came back, wanted to do my math hw, then decided not to. set an alarm for an hour later, to take a nap for one hour and work later, but overslept. my homework's late, i'm distracted, and posting in the landfill.

this week will suck.

MetaZedlen
Mar 10, 2009, 06:18 PM
I think my sickness is almost gone :D

Stuck in a boring class right now... but not like I really care because I'm just playing anything and everything with my emulation :D

raikomaru40
Mar 11, 2009, 06:25 AM
See, these broad approvals can be a problem.

Some Final Fantasy games simply should not be championed.

Like what?

Tessu
Mar 11, 2009, 08:33 AM
Today I woke up at 6 AM when I could have woken up at 7 AM and now I feel stupid.

Today I also have to go and play in the school band at a huge basketball game and it's going to be a pain. But it also gets me out of school except first and second period, which are my favorite classes anyway, so I get to have my cake and eat it too.

Outrider
Mar 11, 2009, 09:55 AM
Like what?

Well, to start, plenty of the assorted spin-offs. Final Fantasy VII's sequels & prequels and Dissidia spring to mind.

Heck, depending on who you ask, FFVII itself. This used to be more one-sided, but in recent years, more and more people have been coming to their senses about this game - an okay, but clumsy, experiment.

I'd toss in Final Fantasy X as well for being so bland, but for some reason that game has a bit of a following.

And I'd like to preemptively call out Final Fantasy XIII for the bloated, masturbatory mess it'll probably end up being, because that recent trailer has me remembering the early clumsiness of VII and the complete lack of direction of The Spirits Within more than anything else. (Dear Square, you can't just take non-sequitors and start using them as proper nouns. Nobody wins when the world your game takes place in is named "Pulse." Pulse? What the hell does that mean? Next you're going to be telling me that you've named the main city in the game something ridiculous like "Cocoon." Oh wait... that's exactly what you did.)

Then again, maybe it'll surprise me and I'll end up loving it like FFXII. WHO KNOWS.

Vanzazikon
Mar 11, 2009, 10:45 AM
Outrider, why do you torture yourself with FF games? :wacko:

Outrider
Mar 11, 2009, 11:26 AM
Outrider, why do you torture yourself with FF games? :wacko:

Because some of them are good!

And some of them are excellent!

But some of them are kind of a mess.

There's really a lot of lessons that other role-playing games could learn from Final Fantasy. At times it may seem that it's the stagnant, Japanese version of Madden, but there's still some innovation floating around within the games.

And really, it's the polarization of the fans that bothers me the most. There's sort of a blind fanaticism surrounding the series that causes serious discourse to wither and die.

For all my hyperbole though, I don't think any of the main Final Fantasy games have been truly terrible. Just some of them weren't that great. I don't want to talk about the spin-offs, though. I think that the original Final Fantasy Tactics is the only one that I've played that I would consider excellent.

MetaZedlen
Mar 11, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hmm, I've been up for over 24 hours now, and I really don't feel tired in the least...

Hopefully I'll be able to get some good prices on my Magic collection (yes, I'm quitting the game), and then later on I'll either start purchasing my Warhammer army or invest in a few more knives.

TalHex
Mar 11, 2009, 02:19 PM
talked about text messaging in physics class today, and some of the more abstract methods of not getting caught

AlexCraig
Mar 11, 2009, 02:35 PM
Woke up late as ususal.

Ranmaru
Mar 11, 2009, 03:00 PM
Been downloading music. Also I would ask Talon how one would do that, but I'm not in Highschool any more, but maybe it'd be needed if I had a job...

Alnet
Mar 11, 2009, 05:07 PM
Woke up late. DAMMIT.

Accidentally ran into my professor ( :wacko: ) and managed to hand him my term paper. Then studied fervently for 30 or so minutes (I was supposed to have two hours) for my midterm. I think I did... fair.

Tonight, I have another paper to do, but then I get an early spring break because I don't have classes on Thursday or Friday. But that doesn't mean anything, since I'm going to be busy all of break anyway...

Also, have been listening to the OST from Nightshade. Been loving it.

SpikeOtacon
Mar 11, 2009, 05:14 PM
Woke up two hours later than I wanted to. Silly DST still has me messed up a bit.

TalHex
Mar 11, 2009, 05:28 PM
school
got home, played persona 3... honestly i can't understand what I find so fun about grinding shadows near the top of the tower... maybe the vague hope that fighting Nyx won't take me 3 hours like last time! (and I still lost!)

astuarlen
Mar 11, 2009, 07:18 PM
Taxes. Death later.

TalHex
Mar 11, 2009, 09:22 PM
I didn't know they gave you a tax discount if you killed somebody :wacko:

MetaZedlen
Mar 12, 2009, 01:49 AM
Um, yea...

I just got up about a half-hour ago after sleeping since 4:30pm... and I was supposed to go to the hobby shop to get prices on my card collection...

Hopefully I can take of it later today, but for now I think I'm going play some D2:LOD

raikomaru40
Mar 12, 2009, 06:28 AM
Because some of them are good!

And some of them are excellent!

But some of them are kind of a mess.

There's really a lot of lessons that other role-playing games could learn from Final Fantasy. At times it may seem that it's the stagnant, Japanese version of Madden, but there's still some innovation floating around within the games.

And really, it's the polarization of the fans that bothers me the most. There's sort of a blind fanaticism surrounding the series that causes serious discourse to wither and die.

For all my hyperbole though, I don't think any of the main Final Fantasy games have been truly terrible. Just some of them weren't that great. I don't want to talk about the spin-offs, though. I think that the original Final Fantasy Tactics is the only one that I've played that I would consider excellent.

I love all 3 Tactics' and I especially love the FF7 movie, and I'm not saying anything about all the spin-off stuff, I was just referring to the main games by saying that, while not all of them are spectacular, they're all worth playing (if you love RPG's).

CrimsomWolf
Mar 12, 2009, 08:27 AM
I will stay with my Empire: Total War, and keep holding Indians heads in mud with help of my musket and iron-heeled British shoes.

For now, at least, until I get my hands on some visual novel.
Which will probably happen in next century.

Ranmaru
Mar 12, 2009, 08:29 AM
I'm playing Valkerie Profile 2 and I'm in the Seraphic Gates. Man too good.

Outrider
Mar 12, 2009, 10:16 AM
I love all 3 Tactics' and I especially love the FF7 movie, and I'm not saying anything about all the spin-off stuff, I was just referring to the main games by saying that, while not all of them are spectacular, they're all worth playing (if you love RPG's).

I haven't played the DS Tactics, but the GBA game is okay - it's a little uninspired, though. It lost all the political intrigue and the sense of the world that the first game had. Lots of replay value, though - which is kind of a hallmark of the Tactics series, I suppose.

The FF7 movie is a tragic mess of obscured fighting & a completely pointless and meaningless plot. It's just a brainless action movie. The worst part is that most of the fight scenes are directed so poorly that a lot of times you never get enough of a sense as to what's happening. Still, as far as ridiculous action scenes go, I did like the (completely illogical) moment when each member of the team propelled Cloud further and further into the air.

All the main Final Fantasy titles are probably worth playing in the sense that if you play them, you're probably not wasting your time. However, to say that you have to make sure to play them if you're an RPG fan wouldn't be true, and in fact there are some titles in the main franchise that I would suggest skipping over in favor of some better games.

raikomaru40
Mar 12, 2009, 11:08 AM
Regardless of the FF7 movie's randomness, I still loved it, and it didn't hurt that it looked completely gorgeous. As far as the DS Tactics goes, it's a lot of fun and the attacks got a sweet upgrade to their looks from the 1st FFTA, the new classes are interesting, but not completely necessary. There are even more quests and items, but the item creation bazaar thing is a little unnecessary. The story is better than the 1st FFTA, but still so-so. Overall, I'd give the game a solid B, but if you're a big Tactics or FF fan, an A-, at least all in my opinion.

Outrider
Mar 12, 2009, 11:31 AM
Regardless of the FF7 movie's randomness, I still loved it, and it didn't hurt that it looked completely gorgeous.

Really? With all the robotic animation?

I dunno, maybe I've just been spoiled by Pixar, but I wasn't too impressed by it.

But then again, it's way better than Resident Evil: Degeneration. Oh god, is it better than Degeneration. (I can't believe I wasted a slot on my Netflix queue for that.)

raikomaru40
Mar 12, 2009, 01:04 PM
Now way, the movement wasn't robotic at all, and what was especially amazing was the detail. You could see the individual threads on Cloud's shirt when it got close-up.

Outrider
Mar 12, 2009, 03:28 PM
Now way, the movement wasn't robotic at all, and what was especially amazing was the detail. You could see the individual threads on Cloud's shirt when it got close-up.

Go watch the opening again. Look at all the city folk walking around.

It's like watching early game FMVs again. Everybody looks like they're actually a person wearing someone else's skin when they walk around.

raikomaru40
Mar 13, 2009, 06:26 AM
Shut up, it was awesome. >.<

Outrider
Mar 13, 2009, 10:24 AM
Shut up, it was awesome. >.<

Curses. Foiled again!

raikomaru40
Mar 13, 2009, 10:35 AM
excellent...........

Vanzazikon
Mar 13, 2009, 10:42 AM
excellent...........http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l212/momar3000/Mr.jpg

raikomaru40
Mar 13, 2009, 11:06 AM
http://www.themoviedb.org/image/backdrops/22313/Bill___Ted_s_Excellent_Adventure_45325_poster.jpg

Tessu
Mar 13, 2009, 04:39 PM
(There's life underground)

I feel it all around
I feel it in my bones
My life is on the line
When I'm away from home
When I step out the door
The jungle is alive
I do not trust my ears
I don't believe my eyes
I will not fall in love
I cannot risk the bet
Cause hearts are fragile toys
so easy to forget

It's just another day
There's murder in the air
It drags me when I walk
I smell it everywhere
It's just another day
Where people cling to light
To drive away the fear
That comes with every night

It's just another - it's just another da_____ay.
It's just another day - it's just another da______ay.

It's just another day
When people wake from dreams
With voices in their ears
That will not go awa______eeee-y

I had a dream last night
The world was set on fire
And everywhere I ran
There wasn't any water
The temperature increased
The sky was crimson red
The clouds turned into smoke
And everyone was dead
But there's a smile on my face
For everyone
There's a golden coin
That reflects the sun
There's a lonely place .
That's always cold
There's a place in the stars
For when you get old

There's razors in my bed
That come out late at night
They always disappear
Before the morning light
I'm dreaming again
Of life underground
It doesn't ever move
It doesn't make a sound
And just when I think
That things are in their place
The heavens are secure
The whole thing explodes in my fa________eeeee-ce

@@@THE CONTENT OF THIS SONG HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH MY ACTUAL DAY.@@@

MetaZedlen
Mar 13, 2009, 09:56 PM
I only got about 16 hours of sleep today...

raikomaru40
Mar 16, 2009, 06:07 AM
Oh, you poor thing, I only got about 4 today.

Ranmaru
Mar 16, 2009, 08:09 AM
http://www.themoviedb.org/image/backdrops/22313/Bill___Ted_s_Excellent_Adventure_45325_poster.jpg

http://asame2.web.infoseek.co.jp/mariof50.jpg

http://asame2.web.infoseek.co.jp/mariof47.jpg

Outrider
Mar 16, 2009, 10:31 AM
I didn't go to bed until 3:30 last night because I had been reading World War Z since around 11:30 or so and then I couldn't get to sleep.

One of these days I'll learn not to stay up late when I've got to get up the next morning.

I've been saying this since high school, but I'm sure I'll learn this lesson one of these days.

raikomaru40
Mar 16, 2009, 10:54 AM
Yea, I tell myself to go to bed earlier, but I don't have any hope that it'll ever happen.

Sayara
Mar 16, 2009, 11:02 AM
I got fixed internets !! :>

Randomness
Mar 16, 2009, 03:14 PM
Someone brought out those mario pics again?

CrimsomWolf
Mar 16, 2009, 03:16 PM
Mine computer works with full power.

Time to level some country...hmmm Saxony, Prussia or Venice, that is the question...

Hapsburg power!!!!

Ranmaru
Mar 16, 2009, 04:47 PM
Someone brought out those mario pics again?

You know you liked it. ;3