PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity gossip

Sekani
Mar 7, 2009, 12:47 AM
I will never understand why people care so much about this dumb shit. I just know there have to better things to put on TV than more Chris Brown-Rihanna drama, or a special feature on the Bachelor crying, or exposés on why this girl doesn't like that girl because that other girl said something stupid just because they're all famous.

Fuck reality TV.

beatrixkiddo
Mar 7, 2009, 12:54 AM
It's no fun hearing about non-rich non-famous people not doing scandalous things, is it?

hyperacute
Mar 7, 2009, 04:07 AM
Well, it's cheaper to make than proper telly. Usually good for a few minutes entertainment in my house as the very sight of sleb shows initiates a Pavlovian reaction in me and starts me ranting at the TV until it gets turned off XD

Can never make up my mind which kind of reality TV makes me wish for the total heat death of the universe the most. The sort where they follow vapid Z-list "celebrities" and document every excruciating detail of their mind-numbingly tedious lives or the sort where irritating wannabe celebrities actively devalue human existence in the hope of a cover on Heat magazine. And then there's the latest rehab and plastic surgery ones. Yeah, I've always wanted to see the excess fat hoovered out of the permatan stained ass of some vacuous Orange County harridan in glorious technicolor *sigh*

And lets face it, for a good dose of scandal you can rarely beat Church leaders and right wing politicians anyway. Always good for a bit of meth-fuelled rent boy fun in a seedy motel somewhere :wacko:

Aisha379
Mar 7, 2009, 01:32 PM
I will never understand why people care so much about this dumb shit. I just know there have to better things to put on TV than more Chris Brown-Rihanna drama, or a special feature on the Bachelor crying, or exposés on why this girl doesn't like that girl because that other girl said something stupid just because they're all famous.

Fuck reality TV.

Yes times infinite.

When people care more about following the lives of others instead of focusing on their own, well...that is truly sad.

I hate celebrities. They get too much money, attention, and legal lenience. And whats truly sickening is most people are fine with that.

garbagenoob
Mar 7, 2009, 10:22 PM
mostly the people who care are fat fuckers who wish they were those people or wish they had that amazin wealth

Kylie
Mar 7, 2009, 10:49 PM
A lot of people care about this stuff, and that's why it keeps coming up. I'm not that interested in it, but it's easy enough to ignore. :-? I respect the right of the people that do care about it to talk about it and enjoy it.

Midicronica
Mar 8, 2009, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't say that I don't care about this whole Rihanna/Brown thing because I find it interesting, however for most celebrity gossip (i.e. Paris Hilton/Britney Spears stuff) I tend to turn a deaf ear to it. Now, if you want to piss me off, start talking about celebrity worship.

I feel responsible for this thread because I brought the Rihanna/Brown ordeal with you in the XBL party the other day. :(

Axispoint
Mar 9, 2009, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't say that I don't care about this whole Rihanna/Brown thing because I find it interesting, however for most celebrity gossip (i.e. Paris Hilton/Britney Spears stuff) I tend to turn a deaf ear to it. Now, if you want to piss me off, start talking about celebrity worship.

I saw something about this Rihanna (whoever)/Brown (whoever) thing on Yahoo, but didn't click on it (I think she's a singer? I don't really know, as I don't watch MTV or keep up with most non-metal music). No idea what the problem is and to be honest, I don't really care. The way I've always felt about celebrities is that yes, they are famous, but they deserve to have lives, too, instead of their pictures getting slapped on all the sites and papers about everything (like those mags that post pics of celebrities shopping at a store...lame), but alas, I seem to be a minority in that regard. I don't ever want to be a celebrity...seems like a sort of hell to me.

As for celebrity worship, I see celebrities as just being regular people who are more visible then most people. Not really any reason as such to worship a person like that, but some people just can't see it that way for whatever reason (curious: do the same people that like to spread gossip about people also happen to be the same that would worship a celeb? curious if there is a connection in that).

Anyways, I best shut it before I write a mini-essay :)

Vanzazikon
Mar 10, 2009, 02:23 AM
I really don't want to be a celebrity; however, I do like the thought of me being famous. :>

If I had to choose a way to become famous, I'd probably want to be famous by finding the cure for cancer or winning the Nobel Peace prize. Something that can be written in the history books. Just a food for thought. :wacko:

DreXxiN
Mar 12, 2009, 03:04 AM
This video is for you, buddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVvVmUNBFc&NR=1

DROID8
Mar 24, 2009, 02:00 PM
The only celebrity I am interested in is Summer Glau. :)
Cameron phillips in Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles.