PDA

View Full Version : Trade idea to prevent scams!

aduran
Mar 7, 2009, 10:38 AM
We all know the trade window is useless now, is evil and sometimes make your stomach churn sometimes. What if we could use it again with some degree of satisfaction?

We all know several good traders and players whom we all trust and are almost always online. Why don't we decide in a small group of our own trade officials on which all the trades are performed?

There will always be three people involved in the trade. The characters involved in the trade must give the items to "the trade official" in exchange of nothing.

The trade official will distribute items to both players.

We all get the PM cards of the trade officials to perform our trades.

The trade official work is all done in exchange to make the community better.

The trade officials must meet some kind of requirements that we make up. for example:

1) Great amount of hours put into the game. 4000+
2) High level photon arts 40+
3) Minimum 2 players at the maximum level cap
4) The trade officials are endorsed by the Game Masters and announced on the website
5) Approved by the community

I know a lot of good hardcore PSU players out there who would love to do this. Scammers will never give an item in exchange for nothing! Bye bye scammers and I got scam!, watch out for XXXX threads!

That way sega doesnt have to allocate resources, we wont have more scams and we all be happy. It would be our own GMs and all it cost sega is have their GM put the list on their forums?

We know we already can have people monitor the trades but if you get scammed, submit a ticket, record a video or even know where the scammer lives, you still will not get the item back.

We could eliminate scams and use the trade window with strangers as much as you want!

Call me crazy....Just an idea, I am sure if we all put some thought we could make it great!

I have nothing to do at work today. lol

FrenziedTator
Mar 7, 2009, 11:22 AM
Reminds me of what had to be done in Diablo II for the longest time with torches and annihilus charms. Which couldn't be done in trades you had to drop the item on the ground and exchange if going for another one of its kind.

There was a council of people who were the trade officials who either watched or was given the items to trade to the parties. The selection process was extensive.

I dunno about the 4k hours thing but a good reputation and a decent player id # could be in order.

Dragwind
Mar 7, 2009, 03:24 PM
If you're dealing with an expensive trade, I'd suggest attempting to get a GM to supervise it instead. I don't think all those steps would be necessary imo.

dark_ryok
Mar 7, 2009, 03:51 PM
While the general idea is good, this would still be a headache. As said by Dragwind, just see if you can get a GM to supervise it.

4000+ hours is overdoing it. Ive had the game since release, and my main guy only has 1100 hours on him, alot of that being idling and dancing in a random lobby. ID#s dont mean anything. It just means youve been playing the game longer. Theres guys with IDs less than 10k that are just complete jerks. And there are also guys that have 90K IDs that are jerks. It doesnt matter how long youve been playing the game.

The photon arts again, dont mean anything. Getting level 40+ giresta and majarra takes nothing. This could be grouped with the 4000 hour thing. Its pointless. Again, it doesnt matter how much you play the game. Theres guys with level 50 arts and low ID numbers, but they are complete idiots.

To even consider doing this, there obviously needs to be trust involved. Maybe on the PC servers, where people are generally well mannered. But I wouldnt give any of my stuff to anyone on the 360 version.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 7, 2009, 07:46 PM
hmmm interesting plan but i think the gms should be the middle man

Smidge204
Mar 7, 2009, 08:23 PM
Congratulations, it appears you just invented the Escrow service (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

=Smidge=

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 7, 2009, 10:05 PM
That GM is a good idea to be the middle man but at the same time....i doubt they have to the time to take care of trades requested. if not some of them >_<

RED_cast
Mar 7, 2009, 11:53 PM
how can u get trade scamed? don't you see the item?

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 7, 2009, 11:57 PM
how can u get trade scamed? don't you see the item?
Quickly switch items say a 0/9 Spread Needle instead of a 10/10 Spread Needle after they've stuck their item in or something and pretend you backed out by mistake?

Of course on JP side we have 2ch, you scam somebody and you'll have many 'anonymous' jumping down your throat. I've never been scammed or have scammed anyone over here, so I guess it's US ONRY.

-Morgan-
Mar 10, 2009, 11:10 PM
ill do it

hunterseifer
Mar 10, 2009, 11:50 PM
Quickly switch items say a 0/9 Spread Needle instead of a 10/10 Spread Needle after they've stuck their item in or something and pretend you backed out by mistake?

Of course on JP side we have 2ch, you scam somebody and you'll have many 'anonymous' jumping down your throat. I've never been scammed or have scammed anyone over here, so I guess it's US ONRY.

lol its 360 only from what Ive heard. Ive done alot of trades and none of my friends have been scammed on their trade, but anyway you should check the trade item before confirming, even if the guy cancelled the first time, I have.(especially when they constantly ask questions :-x

WhiteKnight01
Mar 11, 2009, 02:12 AM
I like this idea. We shouldn't have to bug the GMs for each and every little trade.

what is the GM's job again?

Swiftstrike
Mar 11, 2009, 02:18 AM
what is the GM's job again?

Not to babysit people ...

psu000
Mar 11, 2009, 08:40 AM
How do you verify this?

Will you trust someone with a screenshoot of their hours or should I give you my account details so you can confirm I have done 4000+ hours?

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 11, 2009, 09:59 AM
Give account details of course ^^

Calsetes
Mar 11, 2009, 10:34 AM
We all know the trade window is useless now, is evil and sometimes make your stomach churn sometimes. What if we could use it again with some degree of satisfaction?

We all know several good traders and players whom we all trust and are almost always online. Why don't we decide in a small group of our own trade officials on which all the trades are performed?

There will always be three people involved in the trade. The characters involved in the trade must give the items to "the trade official" in exchange of nothing.

The trade official will distribute items to both players.

We all get the PM cards of the trade officials to perform our trades.

The trade official work is all done in exchange to make the community better.

The trade officials must meet some kind of requirements that we make up. for example:

2) High level photon arts 40+
3) Minimum 2 players at the maximum level cap
4) The trade officials are endorsed by the Game Masters and announced on the website
5) Approved by the community

I know a lot of good hardcore PSU players out there who would love to do this. Scammers will never give an item in exchange for nothing! Bye bye scammers and I got scam!, watch out for XXXX threads!

That way sega doesnt have to allocate resources, we wont have more scams and we all be happy. It would be our own GMs and all it cost sega is have their GM put the list on their forums?

We know we already can have people monitor the trades but if you get scammed, submit a ticket, record a video or even know where the scammer lives, you still will not get the item back.

We could eliminate scams and use the trade window with strangers as much as you want!

Call me crazy....Just an idea, I am sure if we all put some thought we could make it great!

I have nothing to do at work today. lol

Wow.... I've been playing since the game came out, haven't done anything remotely "untrustworthy," and I still don't meet the requirements. I think they might be a bit too strict. I've got one character at cap, he's got all his "primary" PAs at level 40, and I'm sure I can get random people who might remember me playing with them to say "Yeah, he seems like a good guy. I'd trust him." I just don't have a second character at 150 or the 4000 hours of playtime, since when I'm on, I'm playing (not standing around chatting in a lobby).

Anyway, like I said, I think the requirements are a bit too strict, and without them actually being GMs, there's still too big a chance that they could be bribed no matter what you make the requirements. That's just my thoughts on it though.

Oh, and I know what you mean about the work thing, that's where a good bit of my 400-some posts came from.

Csero
Mar 11, 2009, 12:58 PM
I like the idea, though I think the requirements should be a little less strict.

Swiftstrike
Mar 11, 2009, 04:47 PM
I would approve of something like this, but with slightly different restrictions.

Remove: 4000 hr requirement

Add: Must be backed by 20 DIFFERENT accounts that can put in a good word.

... ect.