PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Universe(For everyone almost?)

Saligun
Mar 8, 2009, 10:20 AM
Almost all the newer systems now have a PSU or PSO game on them,except for the Wii and the PS3(I know you can play PSO on the Wii and PSU on a PS3 thats got BC)but i wonder if these two systems will ever get there own PSU or PSO game built just for them?I would think sega and sonic team would be missing a chance at making some good doe by not bringing some form of PSO or PSU to these systems.Any thoughts anyone?

Kylie
Mar 8, 2009, 11:59 AM
I would looove a PSU port on the PS3 with updated graphics. I can't stand the graphics on the PS2 version on an HDTV, and maybe a PS3 version would be able to get all of the future DLC updates

darkante
Mar 8, 2009, 12:05 PM
I doubt PSU would show up on Wii.
But maybe a spin-off on Phantasy Star? Doesnīt seem to farfetched.

The Overlord
Mar 8, 2009, 01:26 PM
Phantasy Star Online Episode 5 for Wii?

In my dreams...

Will_Nonheim
Mar 8, 2009, 01:35 PM
I suppose a Phantasy Star Zero-related game on the Wii could do wonders, but the question is, would Sega want that? Wii works with Nintendo Wifi, and that's free. Sure, in their mind it's okay with a handheld game, but would a console MMO game be effective for them if it's free?

I'd love to see that, of course, but I don't think it's gonna happen. :S

Xefi
Mar 8, 2009, 01:39 PM
I would looove a PSU port on the PS3 with updated graphics.

This would be nice if only SEGA Team would do this. I'll probably
buy the game too just to have it on the PS3.

blkbeast
Mar 8, 2009, 01:43 PM
ya their right

darkante
Mar 8, 2009, 01:47 PM
I suppose a Phantasy Star Zero-related game on the Wii could do wonders, but the question is, would Sega want that? Wii works with Nintendo Wifi, and that's free. Sure, in their mind it's okay with a handheld game, but would a console MMO game be effective for them if it's free?

I'd love to see that, of course, but I don't think it's gonna happen. :S
Yeah, the very reason we wonīt see PSU on the Wii.
It canīt be free, see? XD

Zarode
Mar 8, 2009, 02:33 PM
Phantasy Star Online Episode 5 for Wii?

In my dreams...

Jesus, no! They already showed with ep4 that they can't understand what balance and fun gameplay is, why would you want another shitty episode?

Zyrusticae
Mar 8, 2009, 03:03 PM
I would totally love to see a truly next-gen Phantasy Star game...

Failing that, a graphical overhaul would be lovely. I'm such a whore for eye-candy...

Volcompat321
Mar 8, 2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah, the very reason we wonīt see PSU on the Wii.
It canīt be free, see? XD

90% of the ps2 games are free....they COULD have psu for wii, but it WONT happen, and when i say could, i mean its possible, and they could make people
pay, its the server that charges, not the console.

DreXxiN
Mar 8, 2009, 05:21 PM
Jesus, no! They already showed with ep4 that they can't understand what balance and fun gameplay is, why would you want another shitty episode?

What was imbalanced about BB? In fact didn't forces get some much niftier items? More useful than in PSU I'd say.

gratefulgriz
Mar 8, 2009, 08:16 PM
sega should stop making PS mmos and just make reguluar PS star rpg games for the wii. Remember the PS series doesnt have to be an online game, there are other options

Akagi
Mar 9, 2009, 12:50 AM
Oh man. Wish we could go back to the old days where Phantasy Star online was free. Well, there's always Phantasy Star Zero...

Swiftstrike
Mar 9, 2009, 03:19 AM
Wii would be a better place for a new PS game (even though I hate the Wii lol). Why? The Wii has a huge player base!!

I would love to see a PS3 version though, but I doubt it will (Sony has not been supporting it all that well ... im suprised the PSP got something).

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 10:26 AM
Like others said, I would love to see a new Phantasy Star game for any next-gen system. Phantasy Star 5, maybe? No online play, no "free mode", none of this crap - just an awesome story, awesome cg (or anime-style) cutscenes, and a HUGE focus on an actual story that has a set beginning, middle, and end, all contained as one unit (until you find out that another game references it, or it references another game, or something).

But hey, maybe I'm getting my hopes up too high, since it seems like the only company that's "allowed" to make true RPG games is Square, and they haven't made a good one in a long time (their Enix half still makes semi-decent ones in my opinion, haven't tried out the new Star Ocean yet but it looks good). I swear, I am so sick and tired of those stupid Final Fantasy games, and it's bad enough they keep making them but then they port the same 3 games on every system out there and charge an arm and a leg for them.

Sorry for the rant, but Final Fantasy games were a phase for me - one that I outgrew after playing 2 or 3 of them. Phantasy Star has always stuck with me though - probably because I like sci-fi a bit more than fantasy, but oh well.

landman
Mar 9, 2009, 01:20 PM
I would be happy with PS remakes with the PSU engine... I don't want Sonic Team making an offline Phantasy Star, this is Overworks job, but I hope overworks is working on a new Valkyria game since it was awesome, or in a new Eternal Arcadia!!! Also I would like a wii or XBLA version of Phantasy Star Zero, they could add downloadable content, Spartan Laser cannon at 200 M$P FTW!!!

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 02:12 PM
Ah ah ah - don't forget the Playstation store for the whole 10 of us who use it!

Still, I'd want a Phantasy Star that didn't have to rely on an active battle system, and was like the older turn-based ones, especially if they used fusion skills. That was so cool, having like 2 or 3 of your guys make one massive attack....

Darron
Mar 9, 2009, 02:19 PM
I think the wii has much of a chance, as the ps3. As for a good storyline I think pso was really good. It had so much potential you had a story, characters, and not only did it have online mode; wich everyone enjoyed. It also had Multiplayer for the GC wich I think could really be something for a great comeback. :D

Shinko
Mar 9, 2009, 02:41 PM
Me personally I like the online ones better than the normal PS ones. But hey thats just me.

One thing I will say is that they need to make two different Phantasy stars.

The RPG Ones
The Online Ones

And if they did start up the old RPG ones again I think they should start over with the story or start a new one (However many fans of the old ps would start bitchin their ass off if they start a new story instead of just being happy they when back to there roots)

But anyways back to the main topic at hand. I do think there will be a PS for at least one of them system just not PSU

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 03:02 PM
Eh, I see where you're coming from, but I still think any of the older PS games would give much better source material than PSO. Darron, I'm not trying to put you at odds here or anything, but try playing PS4 back on the genesis for just a bit (or if you're feeling really ambitious, the whole thing). That's the one that sticks out the most in my head from those older ones. It has (in addition to a story and characters) character development, plot twists, interplanetary travel, vehicles (which I thought was kind of a cool gimmick), and it referenced the previous games enough that if you played them, you'd have better background info, but if you didn't touch them (like I did when I first played it) you had a basic understanding of what happened.

Again, a new PSO game would do well, don't get me wrong on that. I think it's been long overdue for them to go back to their roots with a really well thought-out story, and an amazing single-player experience. But that's just me.

Edit: Yeah, they actually redid the first two or three PS games for the PS2 as part of their Sega Ages collection, but only released them in Japan and never made a translation for them. Plus, I honestly wouldn't get mad if they changed stuff around. It's a bit like..... I guess you could say like Ghost in the Shell. I saw the movies, the anime series, the movie based on the series, and the manga. They're all a bit different, but they use the same basic plotlines at the core of the material that they're the same, but mix it up enough that it's still "fresh." Maybe that's a bit confusing, but that's the best way I can describe it. And if they made a new series that was offline RPG Phantasy Star, I wouldn't mind at all, assuming it still has good characters, plot, and some good character development.

SammaeltheDark
Mar 9, 2009, 03:59 PM
I suspect Sega will release a Phantasy Star of the online variety for the Wii at some point. I think we'll hear something outta Sega after the two upcoming Monster Hunter titles for the Wii are released. If they do well in Japan, I bet you that Sega will definitely release some PSO/U/Z game for the Wii

I think a refined version of PSZ for the Wii would be solid