PDA

View Full Version : roll back?

ulala
Mar 9, 2009, 10:25 AM
is that really going to happen? because if the roll back happens im quitting psu o got all my levels during this and that would be bull

Elyruin
Mar 9, 2009, 10:28 AM
Whats a roll back?

Dhylec
Mar 9, 2009, 10:49 AM
Rumors should be taken lightly. If there is a rollback, you should see it on the main page or a big topic in here. There is none.

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 11:12 AM
Why would there be a rollback? Honestly, unless the hacking was THAT rampant on the PC servers, I don't think there's going to be any kind of rollback, which from what I've heard, only a few people got hit by hackers (mainly, if you had psycho wands, agito repcas, catilium, or a few other high-budget items), and that stuff could be replaced by Sega.

As a side note, unless you see a GM or a Sega Staff guy stating specifically on the official PSU forums that they would do a rollback, then I'd say just take it for what it was - a random guy saying "were getng a rolbak lolzorzcopter." Unless the guy had a blue name - then it's a GM in-game.

The Overlord
Mar 9, 2009, 11:31 AM
I think Ulala is on the 360 side and there is no information regarding a update and I doubt there will be one there isn't really a point to roll back and it would mess up there Vivienne Helga Event

Elyruin
Mar 9, 2009, 11:43 AM
Whats a roll back?

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 11:52 AM
I thought you were kidding when you asked earlier, sorry.

A rollback is when they reset the servers to a set point in time, much like rewinding the game's data. Everything since the last "restore point" would be wiped - if you gained 3 levels and found a Spread Needle since the last time they had a "clean restore point", usually the last maintenance, then you'd lose it and you'd be back to how you were just before the maintenance began. It's called a rollback because sort of like an odometer, they "roll back" the servers to that earlier point.

Sometimes it's good (like if the character data got corrupted, or you had everything stolen in your shop due to a hack attempt), sometimes it's bad (like if you found a Spread Needle, they rolled it back to before you got it, and you've done 300 runs since then and haven't found it again). It all depends - most of the time, though, they only roll back if it's a severe emergency. People lately have joked around at how much the servers have been rolled back, mainly because recently there were some problems that had to be solved by a rollback. Last time the PC servers were done, I believe it was in November or so. Not sure about the 360 servers.

Elyruin
Mar 9, 2009, 11:55 AM
That would really suck. I guess everyone is on there toes till monday night's and tuesday morning's maintenance!

Chris28
Mar 9, 2009, 12:13 PM
TC is just looking to start stuff. He has 1 Post!!

Syn Jerriel
Mar 9, 2009, 12:21 PM
There is NO Roll BAck. Sega already said this.

Elyruin
Mar 9, 2009, 12:22 PM
Thats good news.

Dragwind
Mar 9, 2009, 03:44 PM
There is no word of any rollback at this time.