PDA

View Full Version : Worth switching from PC to 360?

Runehades
Mar 9, 2009, 11:04 AM
Ok so here's my deal, I bought PSU for PC on launch but quit playing after almost a year when I moved. Recently I started missing the game and decided I wanted to get back online but I started reading the forums and seems PC still has a community but a lot smaller than the 360.

My characters are only lvl 51, 27, 10 and 10 so its nothing special, but I did make 4 PM's for each specialty and have quite a good chunk of money. Seems crafting and selling was my bread and butter at that time.

Anyway is it worth it starting from square one on 360 or just deal with the much smaller community on PC?

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 11:22 AM
Well, I'm going to try to be as unbiased as I can be (I'm a PC player):

On the PC side, you have a base to start from, but as you said, the community is pretty small (like, population of a town in the most remote province on Canada small). If you stay on PC, you'll have less people overall to play with (and the fear of hack attempts) but you've got a nice foundation to start with. No struggling to get your lobbies marked, no trying to get a character up to level "X" for the next event, all that stuff. Plus, you can tweak your settings to look better than it did before (unless you were running at max everything before you quit).

On the 360, you have a larger pool of people to play with, and they have voice chat so it's easier to communicate. Also, hacking seems to be almost a non-issue with the 360 version, however you have glitchers who use the machine gun glitches, sword glitches, synthesizing glitches, etc. Also, you'll be starting off at level 1 with everyone, with only... what, like 300 meseta to start with? And the voice chat is a double-edged sword - it's good to communicate fast, like "Billy-bob, I need a heal! Like, yesterday!" But at the same time, you also have people who swear, spam the voice chat, and (something that grinds my gears a bit) the people who play with their stuff so loud you hear everything they hear through your headset making this weird echo. However, you CAN mute them, so it's not that big an issue.

I think I covered all the pros and cons, and stayed fairly unbiased in my assessment of the two servers. No matter which choice you make, you're going to have something you'll have to give up. You have to decide which is more important.

(On a side note, if a local store doesn't have PSU for 360 in stock, you may have to get it off that thar internet thing. Dunno if it'll be a problem for you or not, just giving you a heads-up.)

darkante
Mar 9, 2009, 11:22 AM
I say this

PS2/PC: The people are usually very friendly and there are alot of cool people.

Xbox 360: Only heard there are like scammers, liers and alot more assholes there.

I can at least say that my PC statement is true. The other is just rumors, havenīt actually tried it on that.

Runehades
Mar 9, 2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the replies, I did find PSU on 360 for $15 at a local Gamestop. I'm going to try one month on both I suppose and just test it first hand. As stated it is a difficult choice for me and seeing all the great things I can buy on the PC will probably discourage me on 360.

My main on the PC is a Fightgunner so maybe I'll keep playing him and make a Force on 360 and see if that makes me feel like its something new to try. In the end I had a bad feeling I'll end up playing them both but I guess well see lol.

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 11:54 AM
Yay! Pretty good, seeing as how the only games I've played online on my 360 so far were Halo 3, a bit of Left 4 Dead, and..... I think some Perfect Dark Zero. Other than that, haven't played any online games through it. Might try Chrome Hounds, but I have a feeling that the "continuous world-wide war" would be me, 3 guys who can't let go of the game, and a 5-year-old Asian kid who'll kick all our butts when we play against him.

Man, I really need to play that thing online more often now that I have cable...

Edit: If you like Fighgunner, I have a level... 57, 58-ish fighgunner that I'm using right now, trying to beef her up a bit. If you happen to see me running around if you come back to the PC side, lemme know.

Elyruin
Mar 9, 2009, 12:02 PM
I play on the 360 as well and from all the stuff ive heard from a lot of posts is that the pc version isnt as good as the 360. yea youd be starting over but its not that bad. the people are friendly on here and if you happen to come around some jerk then you can just mute him or her.

Runehades
Mar 9, 2009, 12:11 PM
Yay! Pretty good, seeing as how the only games I've played online on my 360 so far were Halo 3, a bit of Left 4 Dead, and..... I think some Perfect Dark Zero. Other than that, haven't played any online games through it. Might try Chrome Hounds, but I have a feeling that the "continuous world-wide war" would be me, 3 guys who can't let go of the game, and a 5-year-old Asian kid who'll kick all our butts when we play against him.

Man, I really need to play that thing online more often now that I have cable...

Edit: If you like Fighgunner, I have a level... 57, 58-ish fighgunner that I'm using right now, trying to beef her up a bit. If you happen to see me running around if you come back to the PC side, lemme know.

Will definitely keep an eye out. What are the best group areas these days? I also forgot to ask, what hacks have been going on in the PC?

Runehades
Mar 9, 2009, 12:13 PM
I play on the 360 as well and from all the stuff ive heard from a lot of posts is that the pc version isnt as good as the 360. yea youd be starting over but its not that bad. the people are friendly on here and if you happen to come around some jerk then you can just mute him or her.

Good to know there's friendly people. I'm used to ignoring jerks in MMO's so doesn't really bother me too much. Years of playing WoW will make you immune to people like that lol.

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 12:19 PM
Well, I haven't played since the carnival ended since Onechanbara has been sucking up most of my time (hey, it's like a cheap Devil May Cry knockoff, it's addicting to me...) but if it's the same places, then White Beast in Neudaiz and Seed Express in Parum. Also, as far as hacks go, there some recent shop hack attacks (or "SHAK-attacks", if you prefer) where at first a few people were targeted, then just random items and such were hit. I don't think it's still going on, but unless you're selling big-name items, you should be fine. My base S's were fine the entire time the attacks were going on (thankfully). They still didn't sell though, until I knocked the price down a bit.

Elyruin
Mar 9, 2009, 12:19 PM
Yea I only run into mean people like 5 times a month. Just about everyone is willing to help me out cause I havent been playing for very long. My highest lvl is a 92 beast and my other one is a lvl 60 cast. I only been playing for like 2 weeks now and im liking this game a lot.

Darius_Drake
Mar 9, 2009, 12:23 PM
There are cool people on 360. There are some jerks too. Just make sure to get the cards of those cool people you meet and leave the jerks alone. There is also a blacklist for the ultra jerks that you can use at your discretion.

Elyruin
Mar 9, 2009, 12:26 PM
Yea hes right you could just add them to the blacklist although Im not accually sure what the blacklist is cause ive never accually had to use it. What does the blacklist do?

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 12:32 PM
Blacklist blocks:

Chats from that person
Mail from that person
That person seeing your room (I believe)
That person joining your party

Pretty much all forms of you communicating with them is blocked, aside from seeing them in a lobby and seeing what actions they do. You can't see what they say, they can't join your room, or anything. I usually only blacklist people who spam the lobbies during events, unless they're extreme douchebags. Even then, I go through my blacklist after a month or two and remove everyone. "Pardons and fancy silk scarves for everybody!!!!!"

lokey013
Mar 10, 2009, 12:18 PM
I haven't played the 360 version for a few months but I don't mind helpin you level up if you like....might be a bit rusty as a TECHer but yeah haha....been meanin to get back into PSU

Here's my gamertag if you like

lokey013

ShuttleXpC
Mar 10, 2009, 01:53 PM
Pretty soon I'm going to have be forced to play on 360 side...

Ive had both for a while, and PC during non events has 1*...it's sad. 360 usually still has around 1 full uni full during prime-time, but PC is struggling to even hold 1* on non-event days.

Seority
Mar 10, 2009, 02:01 PM
Blacklist blocks:

Chats from that person
Mail from that person
That person seeing your room (I believe)
That person joining your party

That person can not see where you are (if they have your card) but they can see if you are online or not.

Vice Versa if someone blists you:
Person can not see your chat.
You can mail the person, but the mail will not go through. (Aka, you can type it out and "Send" it, but they won't recieve it. Ever.)
(If you have their card) You can not see wear they are, but see if they are online or not.
Joining that persons party.

Cracka_J
Mar 10, 2009, 02:12 PM
I think he meant that they can't go to your room.
Blacklisting someone in your room automatically boots them out. They can't come back until they've been unbl'd.

AC9breaker
Mar 10, 2009, 02:12 PM
Unbiased opinon, from someone whos beenplaying since the game was first release on Japan, on both PC and 360....

Get a Wii and wait for Monster Hunter 3. There aren't enough Ninja Turtles in our universe to describe how great of a game it will be.