PDA

View Full Version : XBOX360 Booting

NiceOnes
Mar 9, 2009, 12:58 PM
Scenario:

Sat down to play PSU yesterday and for whatever reason not one of my numerous friends were online. I therefore proceeded to attempt to join a random party. 4-5 boots later I decided to make my own party which filled up very quickly with some decent players whom were suffering from the same problem.

My request is a simple one. If you don't want random people joining your party then FLIPPIN' LOCK IT!!!

Why is the 360 community so Juvenile?!

beatrixkiddo
Mar 9, 2009, 01:03 PM
Because a lot of them are 12? It's not like you don't see the same kind of shenanigans in Halo 3 or any other multiplayer 360 game.

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 01:04 PM
I.... honestly have no idea. It sucks that you got booted that many times in a row, though. I tend to start by trying to make my own parties anyway, usually with my PM and maybe an NPC with me, eventually booting the NPC in lieu of a 5th person (no way my PM's leaving unless a friend specifically asks to join). I only try to join parties after I get fed up with soloing after nobody joins. Then again, on the PC servers, that's to be expected... barely enough people playing to fill 5 parties all running at the same time.

Edit: Yeah, on the PC servers usually if I join and I see one person chewing out the leader about not locking it, I usually pop in and say "I'm sorry, I'll leave. Didn't know you were locking it." It's when they don't explain the situation or ask me to leave that fries my juevos.

ChibiBecca
Mar 9, 2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah, on the PC servers usually if I join and I see one person chewing out the leader about not locking it, I usually pop in and say "I'm sorry, I'll leave. Didn't know you were locking it." It's when they don't explain the situation or ask me to leave that fries my juevos.

that's exactly the same for me too. i'd happily leave a party if given a good reason, but getting booted without a word just leaves me puzzled and annoyed. if someone wants to solo or AFK, they really need to lock the party if they don't want others to join them. ^^;

Zos
Mar 9, 2009, 01:25 PM
I agree, being asked to leave is much nicer than being booted.

Shinko
Mar 9, 2009, 01:32 PM
Yes I understand what you mean. Man one day i swear I got booted like 9 times in one day. I'm like wtf... put a password on or at least tell me why u booted me. Man. I gotten booted on pc/ps2 before too but no where near as much as 360.

I swear unless you have good friends you can't really enjoy the game on 360. I feel sry for new players.....

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah, it's rare when my party's locked with less than 6 people (or 5 and a PM). Usually if it's locked, and I'm all alone, then it means I'm in a foul mood and locked it for other people's sakes (don't want them to feel the fury of my hulk-like temper on those rare occasions it rears its ugly head).

Oh, and people who boot you because they're looking for something specific, like an LKK unit or so. If they ask, I'll give it (and might ask if they can help me find one, too, but they get priority, since they were in the party before me, and especially if it's the leader). I know it's hard to trust people in a game like this where it's relatively easy to scam someone, but it's the best I can hope for.

Elyruin
Mar 9, 2009, 01:43 PM
Yea it grinds my gears as well but ive never been booted that many times. like maybe once or twice and on rare occations 3 times in a day but its not something to get to mad about. I do agree with the fact that if you want to be alone or dont want randoms then put a lock on your party.

Darron
Mar 9, 2009, 01:44 PM
Wow, I usually have freinds come over about this as well. Nicely I stick to partner cards. Economy sure has an odd way of change. ;-)

Elyruin
Mar 9, 2009, 01:49 PM
Yea most of the time i shout out what run im doing or i invite my friends. If i do join a party its usually at white beast or a special event were people are wanted or needed.

xzidanex
Mar 9, 2009, 01:58 PM
My parties are always locked. ALWAYS. If I'm planning on playing with a friend, or having a friend join me mid-ways into a mission, they better know my amazingly difficult, A+ grade password. Or else. >.>

ashley50
Mar 9, 2009, 02:01 PM
only on 360 i guess ;]

Lind Lawliet
Mar 9, 2009, 02:03 PM
Scenario:

Sat down to play PSU yesterday and for whatever reason not one of my numerous friends were online. I therefore proceeded to attempt to join a random party. 4-5 boots later I decided to make my own party which filled up very quickly with some decent players whom were suffering from the same problem.

My request is a simple one. If you don't want random people joining your party then FLIPPIN' LOCK IT!!!

They're not juvenile.
Lol.

Maybe they just didn't like you, the way you spoke, or the way you typed, whatever.
Maybe they didn't like your level, judged you and booted you. Maybe they didn't like your name, judged you and booted you.

It isn't others jobs to be nice to you. 360 users aren't immature, in fact I rarely run into these 12 year olds you ramble about. Also, I think my little brother's friend would find that offensive since he is 12 and doesn't act up like you all claim.
"I ran into a group of twelve year olds, they were badmouthed. THEN ENTIRE XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY IS SUCH."

IMO if you get scammed too, you're an idiot. The 360 side is full of so many scammers because the majority of our users are idiots.

Logic>Being Nice

It's logical to boot you because I feel like it.
Nothing personal.
I just don't like you or don't feel like having YOU there, but someone else is just as acceptable.

It isn't a person's job to be nice, kiddies.

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 02:35 PM
They're not juvenile.
Lol.

Maybe they just didn't like you, the way you spoke, or the way you typed, whatever.
Maybe they didn't like your level, judged you and booted you. Maybe they didn't like your name, judged you and booted you.

It isn't others jobs to be nice to you. 360 users aren't immature, in fact I rarely run into these 12 year olds you ramble about. Also, I think my little brother's friend would find that offensive since he is 12 and doesn't act up like you all claim.
"I ran into a group of twelve year olds, they were badmouthed. THEN ENTIRE XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY IS SUCH."

IMO if you get scammed too, you're an idiot. The 360 side is full of so many scammers because the majority of our users are idiots.

Logic>Being Nice

Nothing personal.
I just don't like you or don't feel like having YOU there, but someone else is just as acceptable.

Wow.

Well, I'm just going to go out on a limb and take a quote from Family Guy here: "Well sir, while I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

True, it's not someone's job to be nice to others, but you have to remember one thing - it's not their job to be nice in return, either. Also, I've seen lots of people who are way over 12 act like they're about 5 or 6 years' old, and people who were young play games and act extremely mature, so you've got a valid point there, too.

I think we can all agree on one thing - sometimes you have jerks, sometimes you don't. Luck of the draw as to which you get in your party, though.

NiceOnes
Mar 9, 2009, 02:43 PM
They're not juvenile.
Lol.

Logic>Being Nice

Nothing personal.

1. There wasn't a window of opportunity to speak, type or "whatever".
2. Obviously I met the level requirements in order to join so what's not to like about a persons level? - Juvenile
3. There is no reason to boot someone due to their name unless it is for some reason offensive. Again pure Juveneer.

No one is asking you to be Nice to anyone, why the hell would a PSU player ever want to be nice to anyone?! <Sarcasm btw> I was purely asking that if you don't want people in your party then lock-it.

If this is a difficult concept for you to understand then I suspect you are the epitome of the Juveniles we are speaking of.

Shinko
Mar 9, 2009, 02:52 PM
They're not juvenile.
Lol.

Logic>Being Nice

Nothing personal.

Sigh... rudeness is such an ugly thing. Just read all that you said.... People like you is the reason ppl think badly of the 360 side.

Booting someone without letting them know what they did wrong is so rude. If you don't like them at least tell them that before you boot them. Most likely if you say something they leave anyway... sigh....

Chaos320
Mar 9, 2009, 03:05 PM
Same would happen to me when i was lvling my WarTech Numan. Countless people would just see me doing 300-400 damage and boot me then.

I feel your pain

Lind Lawliet
Mar 9, 2009, 03:07 PM
Sigh... rudeness is such an ugly thing. Just read all that you said.... People like you is the reason ppl think badly of the 360 side.

Booting someone without letting them know what they did wrong is so rude. If you don't like them at least tell them that before you boot them. Most likely if you say something they leave anyway... sigh....

I declare racism.

I am just defending some friends who do this more than me, since, I always solo. Always(Unless with those friends, lol, then the case above applies).

But

Like I said.

Logic>Being Nice.

And to your number 2, NiceOnes

Maybe you were BARELY meeting the level requirement? If not, disregard this. Just saying, I know plenty people who say "This guy is too weak" and boots them.

And to your number 3.

...Touche.

And, like I said, people want people in their parties, maybe they just didn't want YOU in their party? For whatever reason. I only boot people for annoying voices, or a 'juvenile' reason. Majority of the players must not know what the real world is, unfair. Unfair=Rude=example like booting people.

Ex: You get fired from your job. You call your boss juvenile because he booted you because he felt like it.

Edit: Thanks for using logic, Calsetes. And, don't judge me(whoever calls me this). I'm not 'juvenile', I just have people issues, deal with it. I don't do it for the sake of it, lol.

Toshiro Hijikata
Mar 9, 2009, 03:15 PM
Scenario:

Generalizations are general. Some people forget to lock it, like I used to on PSO. I agree it might have been rather idiotic to boot you....when the room was open. However, there are idiots who don't know how to lock. Or maybe they just didn't care enought to lock it, but at the same time cared enough to kick you out. All you can really do is...well....deal with it. It's not the 360 community. This kind of stuff happened on PSO too. <.< And still does. You just happened to run into some people who were too dumb to lock their rooms. It's simple logic to not complain about it.

Ethateral
Mar 9, 2009, 03:41 PM
I've never have been booted before from a mission yet.

Then again, many of the 360 players are rather rude, or complete- Mmm, yeah. :3 They're rather juvenile let's just say~. I'll typically solo now, lock it, and leave a little comment in it. Haha. XD

Shinko
Mar 9, 2009, 04:58 PM
I declare racism.

I am just defending some friends who do this more than me, since, I always solo. Always(Unless with those friends, lol, then the case above applies).

But

Like I said.

Logic>Being Nice.

Well ok. Its just how you wrote it, it seem as if you do it yourself.
Yes I know logic is over being nice but damn this is what makes so many people become mean and hateful. It's bad enough most people in the world hateful, rude, and scamming people but man we don't need all that in a game too...

Lind Lawliet
Mar 9, 2009, 05:01 PM
Well ok. Its just how you wrote it, it seem as if you do it yourself.
Yes I know logic is over being nice but damn this is what makes so many people become mean and hateful. It's bad enough most people in the world hateful, rude, and scamming people but man we don't need all that in a game too...

Like I said, scamming only happens because people are foolish enough to fall for it, this is true. My friend got scammed right in front of me, and I knew he was going to get scammed(it was only 10k meseta), and he learned his lesson. He hasn't been scammed since. Usually, it's obvious when you're about to get scammed.

Unless I just have really good intuition.

Swiftstrike
Mar 9, 2009, 05:05 PM
I don't like to group with other people because of the vast lack of maturity, so I do this one thing that is pure genius: LOCK THE GROUP. Waiting for a friend? Send them the password! How hard is that, seriously?

Yunfa
Mar 9, 2009, 06:09 PM
I'm not 'juvenile', I just have people issues, deal with it. I don't do it for the sake of it, lol.

uh...

bupjo
Mar 9, 2009, 06:12 PM
i've often asked that question too about 360 players' juvenile behavior. sexist, racist...you name it. i use to just do runs and leave the door open for whoever wants to join.
even then, the 5 yr olds sometimes join and i will finish the run and i'd boot myself. but i just solo now. i'm in my mid 30's and i can't handle much juvenile behavior. plus there isnt much i have in common with the younger crowd if there is chatting.

some people are still getting booted based on their class or race....could be elitists, or people that just like booting people for fun. i remember getting booted after i helped someone open a door (i guess the pair of them were friends and needed a third person for the switches in Crimson Beast, when that was the hotspot, they may have been hunting jaggos). from that time on i would just start my own party cuz i dont boot unless players are using racial or sexist slurs. then it just got to a point that i just solo 100% now. but to sum it all up, it's like someone said earlier, a bunch of 12yr olds.

Majarra
Mar 9, 2009, 08:44 PM
Sometimes I got booted for killing to fast/much. =/

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 9, 2009, 10:12 PM
Scenario:

This is the reason i host games. If you want people to join and fill up write this in your edit common:

<(^.^<) \(^.^)/
Happy fun time
Join 4 fun (>^.^)>

pinkace
Mar 9, 2009, 10:48 PM
Generalizations are general. Some people forget to lock it, like I used to on PSO. I agree it might have been rather idiotic to boot you....when the room was open. However, there are idiots who don't know how to lock. Or maybe they just didn't care enought to lock it, but at the same time cared enough to kick you out. All you can really do is...well....deal with it. It's not the 360 community. This kind of stuff happened on PSO too. <.< And still does. You just happened to run into some people who were too dumb to lock their rooms. It's simple logic to not complain about it.

That's bull. you can't say 'hey sorry wanted to play alone forgot to lock, please leave."? its just manners.

whenever i get booted, i file a complaint on xbox live and ruin that player's rep. when you have any bad rep, you are not picked for any prizes, did you know that? ;) so that's how i make things even.

Swiftstrike
Mar 9, 2009, 11:44 PM
whenever i get booted, i file a complaint on xbox live and ruin that player's rep. when you have any bad rep, you are not picked for any prizes, did you know that? ;) so that's how i make things even.

Hehe, awesome.

joefro
Mar 10, 2009, 12:03 AM
when you have any bad rep, you are not picked for any prizes
That is false. I have participated in many contests and gotten prizes...with a 49% avoided rep.

OT: 360 community is juvenile because PSU is a kids catered game.

mvffin
Mar 10, 2009, 01:10 AM
Today is the first time I've been booted during the event, and for quite awhile before that too.

Of course it had to be on my last 60 tickets, Right after Adahna spawns. The damn leader wasn't even there, he died on stage 5. What a dick.

Delete
Mar 10, 2009, 01:26 AM
Heres a funny story, there was once these two kids i was playing with. One of them starts using rising crush, the other kid is like " hey, im using that, you said you were gonna level up something else." The other boy says "im just taking it to 21 to get the last part." Other kid starts going crazy, (btw, they knew each other) so the kid says, " fine, ill use something else." 5minutes later, hes using it again,hes like.... "this will beat the boss really...... *player* has been removed from party*. Yep, his friend booted him out. Back on topic, i agree, lock party if you want to be alone.

TekkamanCrazy
Mar 10, 2009, 01:36 AM
My experience: Someone was asking for people to do bonus runs. I joined up, mission starts, kicks everyone. Didn't see that coming.

Swiftstrike
Mar 10, 2009, 01:42 AM
My experience: Someone was asking for people to do bonus runs. I joined up, mission starts, kicks everyone. Didn't see that coming.

This has happened to me various times. Bastards.

Lind Lawliet
Mar 10, 2009, 03:54 AM
That's bull. you can't say 'hey sorry wanted to play alone forgot to lock, please leave."? its just manners.

Lol, your thoughts are that?
Revenge over a petty thing like being booted?

That's the only Juvenile example I see in this thread right now...
And prizes? Those prizes you barely have a chance of winning most times? Lol.

"YOU BOOTED ME. THAT WAS EXTREMELY RUDE. I GIVE YOU BAD REP SO YOU GET NO PRIZES." Lol, I don't even think booting someone rudely even fits the criteria to give bad reputation.

Those reasons=Juvenile.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Mar 10, 2009, 04:52 AM
I didnt get booted once during this event but the last time I got booted was during MAG but it always seems to be idiots from a certain timezone that do it. cough pst cough although not everyone from there is a idiot but does seem to be a higher % of them come from there.

Swiftstrike
Mar 10, 2009, 05:31 AM
I didnt get booted once during this event but the last time I got booted was during MAG but it always seems to be idiots from a certain timezone that do it. cough pst cough although not everyone from there is a idiot but does seem to be a higher % of them come from there.

Maybe it has something to do with the TIME your playing ...?

shadowsniper6
Mar 10, 2009, 07:59 AM

"YOU BOOTED ME. THAT WAS EXTREMELY RUDE. I GIVE YOU BAD REP SO YOU GET NO PRIZES." Lol, I don't even think booting someone rudely even fits the criteria to give bad reputation.

Those reasons=Juvenile.

i would say that i would avoid them for "unsporting conduct"

Lind Lawliet
Mar 10, 2009, 08:40 AM
i would say that i would avoid them for "unsporting conduct"

Lol.
Maybe booting rudely is considered unsporting conduct.
Which is...
"Team Killing, not playing to the spirit of the game, etc, etc."

I doubt booting someone in a 'non-nice' way is unsporting, but do what you want. (My rep is great anyway, it's not that hard to keep it...lol)

But complaining to xbox live about rep with those reasons in mind, "I'm going to get even with you because you booted me!"

Makes you more juvenile than the ones you're complaining about.

shadowsniper6
Mar 10, 2009, 08:57 AM
Lol.
Maybe booting rudely is considered unsporting conduct.
Which is...
"Team Killing, not playing to the spirit of the game, etc, etc."

I doubt booting someone in a 'non-nice' way is unsporting, but do what you want. (My rep is great anyway, it's not that hard to keep it...lol)

But complaining to xbox live about rep with those reasons in mind, "I'm going to get even with you because you booted me!"

Makes you more juvenile than the ones you're complaining about.

i never said i do avoid people(what games do you play?) but if i would avoid somebody it would be for something like disruptive voice,IF i would avoid them for any other reason... i would mute them too XD

Elyruin
Mar 10, 2009, 09:24 AM
I dont see why there is people arguing over this. If it was wrong or if they didnt want you to boot others they wouldnt have put that option in the leader rights. If you get booted then what ever go find another party. There are plenty more parties to join and if you dont want to get booted then form you own party.

shadowsniper6
Mar 10, 2009, 09:27 AM
I dont see why there is people arguing over this. If it was wrong or if they didnt want you to boot others they wouldnt have put that option in the leader rights. If you get booted then what ever go find another party. There are plenty more parties to join and if you dont want to get booted then form you own party.

but booting for no reason that is just lame...

Delete
Mar 10, 2009, 09:56 AM
Why are some of you, Elyruin and Lawleit, defending people who boot you. If you join a bonus run and get booted in the begining, thats wrong, you had to get those tickets/spheres. And for a reason like that, its not because of your name, or your level, or your color, its because some of the people are jerks. Like stated already, put a freaking pass up if you want to play alone, it doesnt take a scientist to remember to do that. The times you forget, ask them to leave nicely, if they dont reply, then maybe a boot may be neccesary. But i wouldnt make a habit outta it as i always remember to put a pass on.

Elyruin
Mar 10, 2009, 10:14 AM
Yea they are but that doesnt mean that we shouldnt play on the xbox or we shouldnt play on the pc. Not everything is going to go your way and its not like that was your last chance to do this or to do that. There will be other times and by getting all worked up you are no longer having fun. Im not defending them cause i dont like getting booted im just saying that everyone blowing this ordeal out of proportion.

shadowsniper6
Mar 10, 2009, 10:17 AM
Yea they are but that doesnt mean that we shouldnt play on the xbox or we shouldnt play on the pc. Not everything is going to go your way and its not like that was your last chance to do this or to do that. There will be other times and by getting all worked up you are no longer having fun. Im not defending them cause i dont like getting booted im just saying that everyone blowing this ordeal out of proportion.

so your saying that i cant get mad when somebody says i dont like your name or how its spelled and i get booted? and avoid them so i never every have to play with them in any other game?
o and rep has nothing to do with getting prizes or not

Elyruin
Mar 10, 2009, 10:18 AM
nvm got it.

Elyruin
Mar 10, 2009, 10:19 AM
You can do what you want but it really isnt that bad. Its part of the game. let them be jerks and just move on.

shadowsniper6
Mar 10, 2009, 10:22 AM
You can do what you want but it really isnt that bad. Its part of the game. let them be jerks and just move on.

but do you really want to play with the "jerks" in any other game? or you find a different jerk in well... cod4 or halo3 would you not avoid them? because the glitch or cheat to win? in my opinion i would say that is like getting booted ... a loss of exp and mission points not to mention any item that you may have gotten. on the cod4/halo3 side you lose out on exp and it messes with your k/d ratio(Edit)and you move on only to play them again like 3 games later?

Elyruin
Mar 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
Yea but in those games you could also just think of it as a lack of skill. They had to cheat to win like using a modded controler or something. You better than them.

shadowsniper6
Mar 10, 2009, 10:28 AM
Yea but in those games you could also just think of it as a lack of skill. They had to cheat to win like using a modded controler or something. You better than them.

who avoids for that ? very few people do tho..., are you trying to say that i am better than them and not avoid them? or that i should avoid them for lacking skill..... but instead of lacking skill it would be more appropriate to file a complaint for system hacking it they had a modded controller

Mr T 13
Mar 10, 2009, 10:29 AM

I kind of agree. You really should move on and not waste your time. The people who boot others for bad reasons deserve to be punished, but not by you. I suggest showing some class and not letting these things get to you because they will get what they deserve. The person who boots you will most likely be booted in another party because of what they do, say, etc. Let the jerks be jerks to each other and save yourself the time.

shadowsniper6
Mar 10, 2009, 10:34 AM
I kind of agree. You really should move on and not waste your time. The people who boot others for bad reasons deserve to be punished, but not by you. I suggest showing some class and not letting these things get to you because they will get what they deserve. The person who boots you will most likely be booted in another party because of what they do, say, etc. Let the jerks be jerks to each other and save yourself the time.

would it not save more time to black-list the leader when they pop out of the mission so you dont end up going to join the same party later on in a few weeks or so and getting booted again?

Elyruin
Mar 10, 2009, 10:34 AM
Yea and what i was saying earlier is that when people use cheat, hacks, and mods are pathetic. See is as a challenge in cod4, 5, and halo 3. If you beat them then you can tell them after wards that even when they cheat they lose.

Elyruin
Mar 10, 2009, 10:35 AM
You could do that as well if you wanted.

shadowsniper6
Mar 10, 2009, 10:37 AM
Yea and what i was saying earlier is that when people use cheat, hacks, and mods are pathetic. See is as a challenge in cod4, 5, and halo 3. If you beat them then you can tell them after wards that even when they cheat they lose.

lol then they use juggernaut and sit an corrner with a lmg lol but still why have the chance of playing with them again when you dont have the right team, i mean getting 47 kills and 5 deaths wont help if your team get like 7 kills and 23 deaths for like 2 people

Seority
Mar 10, 2009, 10:38 AM
I've seen lots of people who are way over 12 act like they're about 5 or 6 years' old,

Funny thing is, if you ever go to a daycare center, the 5 and 6 year olds actually play together a lot better then 12, 13 year olds. Sure they may get mad who gets to put the hat on Mr. Potato Head, but it's better then "OMG that guys a nerd.! / OMG that girls a slut! / OMG, he hangs with >insert color here< people! I'M NOT PLAYING WITH YOU!"

I'd rather argue about who gets to be the car, then ignorantly not play with certain folks.

lolz....

Mr T 13
Mar 10, 2009, 10:39 AM
would it not save more time to black-list the leader when they pop out of the mission so you dont end up going to join the same party later on in a few weeks or so and getting booted again?

If you really want to waste those miliseconds.

lol, no, that seems smart to me. A simple blacklist, mute, or mental block would do the trick. (not so much the mute in the situation in which you are booted)

DarkEliteRico
Mar 10, 2009, 10:43 AM
Scenario:

That's why I usually soloed most missions, that and I don't talk enough for most people. Having nothing to do with the xbox psu community nowdays, and I'm fine with it...goes back to playing psp

Cracka_J
Mar 10, 2009, 11:04 AM
Funny thing is, if you ever go to a daycare center, the 5 and 6 year olds actually play together a lot better then 12, 13 year olds. Sure they may get mad who gets to put the hat on Mr. Potato Head, but it's better then "OMG that guys a nerd.! / OMG that girls a slut! / OMG, he hangs with >insert color here< people! I'M NOT PLAYING WITH YOU!"

Fucking elitist preschoolers. :)

The sad part is "who puts the hat on mr. potato head" eventually mutates into "I'm better then you cause I did/have this" if influenced enough by society and not by their parents.

Kids learn the stupid shit, and then it amplifies 1000 fold once they learn about/go on the internet because there's no rules. Hey, there's XBL in a nutshell for you. Get used to it.

Akaimizu
Mar 10, 2009, 11:11 AM
Once the internet became accessible for the mainstream, that's when it happened. I blame AOL :) :) :)

Still, like everything else, you use one aspect to find the cool people, make friends with them, and build off that.

Though I have to admit, I've had some real good streaks of random luck, playing with randoms in certain games. Games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Maybe because I got thrown with the comic enthusiasts or something, but everybody seemed cool with the game and enjoyed just fighting things and making quips every now and then.

Then again, the coolest group I came across was in playing FFXI. However, in terms of dealing with elitists and people who just have some serious anger issues I've seen it there more than just about anywhere. And that game isn't even really Xbox live, it's the Playonline network.

However, you take the good with the bad, and thankfully friend lists and/or linkshells prove a point of what you need to do with pretty much any online game.

Calsetes
Mar 10, 2009, 11:21 AM

I'd rather argue about who gets to be the car, then ignorantly not play with certain folks.

lolz....

Very true. Acting immature and playing together in a nice way aren't necessarily related though - I can't think of any time that I actually had a problem playing with anyone, no matter how old I was (except maybe my siblings, but then, that's family). Yeah, 5 and 6 year olds get along great together, it's when they start hitting that 13 and 14 barrier that they turn into the last part of your statement.

The only annoying thing about the people who act like toddlers is when they can't STOP acting like toddlers when a little decorum is needed, not that they act like kids. That was the point I was trying to make. In the end, if someone annoys you though, then don't play with them again. I think that's something we can all agree on, right?

(I'm completely agreeing with you, by the way.)

Cracka_J
Mar 10, 2009, 11:43 AM
In the end, if someone annoys you though, then don't play with them again. I think that's something we can all agree on, right?

That or toilet raid/spam their BB's with stupid shit, and call it a day.

Not that I'm saying you should do that or anything ;)

OldCoot
Mar 10, 2009, 11:47 AM
It is just a simple process for me now. If I get booted for reasons unknown I just add them to my blist and give them a quick negative review on live and move on. Not my problem anymore.

I know I do not have to waste my time trying to join another party of theirs, and they will not be able to join mine; nice feature added into the game.

Elyruin
Mar 10, 2009, 12:01 PM
It is just a simple process for me now. If I get booted for reasons unknown I just add them to my blist and give them a quick negative review on live and move on. Not my problem anymore.

I know I do not have to waste my time trying to join another party of theirs, and they will not be able to join mine; nice feature added into the game.

What he says is true and thats a fact. Nothing else matters, if they boot you blist them and then move on with your psu life.

Seority
Mar 10, 2009, 01:56 PM
Fucking elitist preschoolers. :)

The sad part is "who puts the hat on mr. potato head" eventually mutates into "I'm better then you cause I did/have this" if influenced enough by society and not by their parents.

Kids learn the stupid shit, and then it amplifies 1000 fold once they learn about/go on the internet because there's no rules. Hey, there's XBL in a nutshell for you. Get used to it.

"Ignorance is a bliss."

(But your still a fucking idiot. Lol.)

True, but at that point in his life, he can be taught to share, and therfore not be selfish, rather then what you stated, where it becomes part of their attitude. Having a young mind is good in many ways, as well as bad lol.

TekkamanCrazy
Mar 10, 2009, 02:37 PM
To me booting is a double-edged sword. Used for the good and bad. When it happens to me, *sigh* then I move on. I do agree it sucks when it happens out of nowhere but, theres nothing you could really do about it.

pinkace
Mar 10, 2009, 03:26 PM
That is false. I have participated in many contests and gotten prizes...with a 49% avoided rep.

OT: 360 community is juvenile because PSU is a kids catered game.

Those reasons=Juvenile.

I was being sarcastic (hence the wink), I don't really know if MS uses any info to base their decision on who is player of the month or whatever (although the profiles I have seen picked are all of gamers with good rep).

Lind, the negative feedback is not an act of revenge... well, maybe little. It is an accurate and informative tool for people that play online. With it, everyone can determine that a person is either too lazy to lock a room, too rude to let you know why he/she is booting you, or simply enjoys the rush of power that comes from stealing 2 minutes 14 seconds of other people's time.

BOTTOM LINE is booting with no warning is inappropriate. It doesn't matter what you think; that's the beauty of 'common' sense, the majority of people feel a certain way, so an agreed upon mode conduct is established. YOU are in the vast minority, therefore your perception of what is appropriate is void.