PDA

View Full Version : Har / Quick & Har / Smart

pinkace
Mar 9, 2009, 03:08 PM
hello all. i need one of these two units, preferably Smart, and i don't have money. which quest would be the best to find these items? Google had no answers for me.

Calsetes
Mar 9, 2009, 03:10 PM
I know you can get both in Dancing Birds, but one drops on one rank, the other in the next rank. Check psupedia.info for which drops what.

pinkace
Mar 9, 2009, 03:18 PM
i am not high enough to do S2...

the reason why i need this is because although i am a level 70 fortetecher, all my techs are below 10. why? i don't know. i don't use any weapons except techniques, so they should be much higher right? anyways, it is just so frustrating! someone told me that using Har / quick or Smart, i would cast faster and therefore level techs faster. but i cant get it because its in an s2 mission, and i cant do S2 yet, and i cant level cause i cant do the harder missions cause im to weak.

i love forces.

autumn
Mar 9, 2009, 03:26 PM
Har/Quick drops from the end boxes in Dancing Birds A-S
Har/Quick also drops from the end boxes of Demons Above S-S2
Har/Smart drops from the end boxes in Dancing Birds S2

Also, by way of casting speed if you can't afford a Har/Quick or Har/Smart you could try a Me/Quick. Me/Quick is a B rank unit that reduces casting speed, just not as much as a Har-unit. That would drop from Dancing Birds C-B and Demons Above A. In addition a tech-MAG and wand combo will cast faster then a rod if you wanted to bump your casting time up a little further.

Hope some of that helped ^^;

stukasa
Mar 9, 2009, 03:26 PM
I'd suggest going for Har / Quick first because it's much easier to get than Har / Smart.

My personal recommendation is hunting Har / Quick at The Eastern Peril (http://psupedia.info/The_Eastern_Peril). S2 rank is only level 85 enemies (and the character level requirement is only 55). The mission is only two blocks long. I've found about 4 Har / Quicks there and I've only played it a few dozen times. But there are several other places you can hunt Har / Quick if you prefer to play a different mission.

Later on, after you've gotten a Har / Quick, you can consider upgrading to a Har / Smart if you want.

NiceOnes
Mar 9, 2009, 03:33 PM
Don't expect a miracle to occur once you've obtain either or. It makes a huge difference in regards to support spells (ie. buffs especially Gi-Resta) however attack spells are generally not casted groundbreakingly faster. Buy a Me-Quick <1,000,000 then search for a Har / quick / smart when you reach the required levels. Har / Quick drops from Dancing Birds S and Onmagoug Lvl 70+ (Demons Above S is the easiest option)

fay
Mar 9, 2009, 03:39 PM
I'd suggest going for Har / Quick first because it's much easier to get than Har / Smart.

My personal recommendation is hunting Har / Quick at The Eastern Peril (http://psupedia.info/The_Eastern_Peril). S2 rank is only level 85 enemies (and the character level requirement is only 55). The mission is only two blocks long. I've found about 4 Har / Quicks there and I've only played it a few dozen times. But there are several other places you can hunt Har / Quick if you prefer to play a different mission.

Later on, after you've gotten a Har / Quick, you can consider upgrading to a Har / Smart if you want.

upgrade? i personally prefer har quick

pinkace
Mar 9, 2009, 03:43 PM
this info helps, thank you all.

does it matter if i do these missions with a human or a cast or a beast? i have heard that some are more apt to certain finds than others. thanks

stukasa
Mar 9, 2009, 04:37 PM
upgrade? i personally prefer har quick
Personal preference, I guess. :p Smart doesn't have the -100 TP penalty (which isn't a big deal anyway) and I also find it easier to aim ra-techs with it (they don't overshoot enemies as often).

this info helps, thank you all.

does it matter if i do these missions with a human or a cast or a beast? i have heard that some are more apt to certain finds than others. thanks
As far as anyone knows, there is no race/gender difference in finding drops. So don't worry, you have an equal chance of finding it no matter what character you use!

Volcompat321
Mar 9, 2009, 04:54 PM
how about this...if your on the pc/ps2 side, ill help you find it. i have nothing to do and the map that drops the har quick 8/10 times is easy!..

PepperCat
Mar 9, 2009, 05:19 PM
Why do you search google for PSU related stuff?

Its not like google has the answers. XD

Pickleahoy
Mar 9, 2009, 06:12 PM
About your tech levels: Dont feel bad. Im a level 73 techer as well and although I have a couple of high spells, most of them are at 14-16. You'll find a lot of players with high techs at low levels because they share or take out the spells from older characters.

pinkace
Mar 9, 2009, 06:13 PM
well, i don't want to show up here and have people say 'google it' :(

i am on 360, but thanks for the offer.

I'm gonna see if i can get a party for dancing birds. or eastern peril...

NDW
Mar 9, 2009, 08:59 PM
Personal preference, I guess. :p Smart doesn't have the -100 TP penalty (which isn't a big deal anyway) and I also find it easier to aim ra-techs with it (they don't overshoot enemies as often).

I also prefer Har / Smart over Har / Quick. ^^

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 9, 2009, 09:32 PM
i am not high enough to do S2...

the reason why i need this is because although i am a level 70 fortetecher, all my techs are below 10. why? i don't know. i don't use any weapons except techniques, so they should be much higher right? anyways, it is just so frustrating! someone told me that using Har / quick or Smart, i would cast faster and therefore level techs faster. but i cant get it because its in an s2 mission, and i cant do S2 yet, and i cant level cause i cant do the harder missions cause im to weak.

i love forces.

How the hell are you lv70 with no techs pass lv10? Are you a human?
When i was lv70 my techs were lv34+. And now they are 40 and some 41+

Watch this video of how to lv techs. I dont know how to link videos good....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCn8ZbPEX04&feature=channel

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 9, 2009, 09:37 PM
Part 2 techs lvling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkGFZC7qzEE&feature=related

pinkace
Mar 9, 2009, 11:44 PM
i think the reason my techs are so low is because i use them EVENLY. none are over ten but they ALL are around 8 or 9. when i have one thats low i use that one. also, i use the right tech on the right enemy, i.e. zonde on ground enemies, foie on ice enemies, etc.

saw the videos, loved how he casually says 'hey, get a har/quick'....

hey, score an 8 mil weapon and then lets start leveling (-_-;)

what does that mean, 'gaining MP is a no-no' at the end of a mission?

Pickleahoy
Mar 9, 2009, 11:58 PM
MP will make your stats go up and it wants you to do very little damage to creatures so you have to cast a lot more attacks to kill them.
It's a boring way to level -_-' . The game should be about fun, plus, once you cap your techs you are left with a sense of disappointment, specially if you're class is maxed out too.
I say take your time unless you're dying because of low techs. The only ones you really should level fast should be support techs, but attack ones shouldnt bother you :P

Alecc
Mar 10, 2009, 12:25 AM
i didnt see anyone mentioning it, but playing as acrotecher would be better for you. It has a bonus speed when casting, its stronger than fortetecher (defense anyways and more hp anyways). You can go back to fortetecher later, when you have high level techs.
acrotecher gets attack techs up to 30 and support up to 50, fortetecher has up to 40 and 40.
I strongly recommend you to try acrotecher.

_Vyser_
Mar 10, 2009, 01:27 AM
I agree with Alecc. Playing AT helps you level your techs faster. Lower TP and a natural casting speed boost helps. If I remember correctly, AT with a me/quick is like having a har/quick on for FT, so that could be a substitute if you can get a me/quick faster than a har/quick/smart.

Personally, I think you should try to tech level all your techs to, or near 21. At 21, it becomes much easier to tech, and is more fun. In addition to this, your survivability in general goes up each tech tier (assuming you know how to use each tech to its fullest). Just naturally level them afterwards, unless you're dying to hit the next level.

Unwise
Mar 10, 2009, 01:44 PM
Im on the 360 servers if you need help send a invite :-)
Gt: UnwiseSinger
also if u need help with lvling your techs i can i help you

pinkace
Mar 10, 2009, 05:59 PM
i don't want to switch :(

can you guys give me some hope though? let's say, how many times do i have to do S white beast (i know, but no one wants to do anything else >_<) to bring barta (and only barta) from level 7 to level 21? i cant do s2 yet.

Swiftstrike
Mar 10, 2009, 06:26 PM
I just did Eastern Peril rank S2 solo (im lvl 79). Took forever to kill the boss, he never stayed on the ground and all I had were two weak pistols that hit for 30's lol.

Africa
Mar 10, 2009, 07:27 PM
You don't have to be an AT to level your techs quickly but running missions that are conducive to the tech itself will help it to level a bit quicker. At your level you should easily be able to level barta and several other techs at sleeping warriors S, and you can hunt for har/quick at dancing birds A. Also if you get relic edges at sleeping warriors you should be able to sell a couple and just buy a har/quick.