PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

stansytbh
Mar 9, 2009, 05:30 PM
Firsty, this is my first post here - So hello there!

Just downloaded the demo of PSU on the xbox 360, and whilst it is quite enjoyable trying to find my way around I couldn't for the life of me find any type of tutorial - Would I be correct in thinking that there is one in the retail version of the game?

Also, I have been an avid fan of many MMO's over the past 7-8 years and whilst group play is great, I do enjoy wondering off on my own and soloing my way through levels. So would I be able to spend time soloing parts of the online game when not wanting to group?

I have already ordered a copy of the retail game, though it won't be here untill the end of the week so thought I'd address these concerns now! (I realise these may be questions that have been asked before, but I thought I would use this as a chance to introduce myself as well! :))

Cheers,
stans.

stukasa
Mar 9, 2009, 05:34 PM
Yes and yes! :) You can talk to your Partner Machine to get a tutorial in the online version. You can also get a lot of information about the game from this website and PSUpedia. And yes, the game is easy enough that you can solo most missions if you want to. There are a few party missions that require more than one person, but those are the minority. You can also bring along up to 2 NPCs to help you if you want.

stansytbh
Mar 9, 2009, 05:54 PM
Well, that clears that up then doesn't it!!

Thanks for the snappy reply! I'll have to think of some more complicated questions in the future... :)

stansytbh
Mar 9, 2009, 06:21 PM
I've already been looking at the expansion - does it add alot to the game?

autumn
Mar 9, 2009, 06:48 PM
Yes. The expansion is a must have if you plan on playing.

stansytbh
Mar 9, 2009, 07:03 PM
Then its settled, I shall get the expansion as well!

Thanks for the replies thus far folks. Any more tips, tricks and tidbits of info are still most welcome!

stans.

Swiftstrike
Mar 9, 2009, 11:17 PM
Welcome to this amazing game! Below is some tips I posted in another thread. If you ever need someone to group up with or show you some things, or even just someone to talk to becuase your bored, contact me either on these forums or in game (name: Strife).

[From my other post]

The fastest way I have made money (meseta) is through the player shop.

Tips:
Keep EVERYTHING you find

Use the "Search by condition" then "set item name" option for item specific searches

Look at the items you have. The higher rarity, the harder it is supposed to get.

After you see what people are pricing things at, price your own items in a similar fashion (usually having your price be a couple meseta lower).

Every few days recheck what you have on sale, anything that hasnt moved for awhile recheck price and adjust accordingly.

Be aware - alot of common items people put on sale can be sold to any NPC at a higher price, watch for this.

Any elemental photon (El-, Gra-, Im-, ect) is usually a way for some quick minor cash.

A great item to look for is the "Relic Edge", it sells for 1.5+ million meseta. It can be found at any RELICS site mission (i found it on "Sleeping Warriors" in Parum) and on any rank. The item is rare (11 stars I think), so it will require several runs.

Dragwind
Mar 10, 2009, 02:44 PM
The expansion is highly recommended.