PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 How is the Community? (A.K.A. should I purchase this game?)

Enzo Hisui
Mar 9, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hi there! I'm new to these message boards but I registered for the sole sake of finding out the answer to something that's been floating around in my mind for a while: Should I play this game?

I used to play a lot of Online Games in High School, primarily Monster Hunter and Guild Wars. Now I'm looking for something new and one of the things that's popped up is the idea of playing Phantasy Star Universe. I played a bit of PSO back when it was on the Gamecube, I couldn't go online back then but it was still enjoyable to go through the areas and pretend I was some tough CAST Ninja. I figure that PSU has got similar aspects to it and this time I'm sure I can go online.

My question is about the community of Phantasy Star Universe. PSU has been around for a good long while now and I wonder if maybe the community has dried up. Would it be forgiving to a newbie who hasn't played PSU before to join groups and actually enjoy the whole experience? Are there people online who enjoying Role Playing Characters and going on hunts? Are there any sort of "Clan" system to join and feel a part of?

I know for sure that I would enjoy playing this game offline if I were to purchase it (I'll be using a PS3) but i wonder if it's worth it to get my Online Fantasy Role Playing Gaming-ness from PSU. Thank you in advance all who reply.

ashley50
Mar 9, 2009, 06:40 PM
on the PC/PS2 side, yes the players did got less.

Yes, you can still enjoy the game joining random groups and all.
Yes, there are some people who enjoy their chars and still play (well those who are left that is)
No clan sytem...just uhm a made up one.

Enzo Hisui
Mar 9, 2009, 09:02 PM
Bump? Any more help?

Dhylec
Mar 9, 2009, 09:13 PM
Bump? Any more help?

Don't be discouraged. If you do a little search in this forum, you'd find many topics of this nature. This has been talked about many times, it's pretty much the same every time. So, just look it up a bit.

PepperCat
Mar 9, 2009, 09:30 PM
For a new person to join PSU now is good, lots of content to keep you busy until you cap your 1st character. I've seen lots of new people starting in the past few months, even though old people are leaving, new ones are joining up as well.

PSU is great, some people can be fun to play with, others not so much.

It helps if you have a IRL friend that'll play along with you so that you can both discover how to play and how to play well.

If you get this game, start out in Universe 2 (where the majority of the population plays) it won't take long to run into people.

Welcome to PSU,

Pep.

Dragwind
Mar 10, 2009, 02:44 PM
As PepperCat said, if you like the gameplay enough you should have a good amount of content to keep you entertained for a month at the very least (depending on how much you play, of course). Some of us such as myself have been playing since launch, for whatever reasons.

As for the community, it can be small, but sweet. Make some pals, meet up, have a good time. :wacko: