PDA

View Full Version : materials in player shops

TecherRamen
Mar 10, 2009, 06:42 PM
So I was making some gudda gants and ran out of stelnium. I said, let me check the player shops its very abundant in most missions and should therefore be very cheap!... NOPE! The lowest priced stelnium was 4900 after that 5000 with most being at 5000. Why Oh Why, does this happen? Its 2500 in the NPC shop! It simply baffles me. . .

Swiftstrike
Mar 10, 2009, 06:48 PM
Becuase people are stupid and don't look at NPC ....

Gunslinger-08
Mar 10, 2009, 06:49 PM
Because people are lazy and never had to use the NPC shop for mats of any kind.

CJ Johnny
Mar 10, 2009, 06:50 PM
For your case,

I belive it's some "New player's", take a lucky shoot on other 'Newer player's'.

Few week back I had it up at my shop for 1500 or 1000, can't remember....
Nobody's want it.....

TecherRamen
Mar 10, 2009, 06:58 PM
For your case,

I belive it's some "New player's", take a lucky shoot on other 'Newer player's'.

Few week back I had it up at my shop for 1500 or 1000, can't remember....
Nobody's want it.....

Nope theyre not New. Thats what I was hoping. Alot of people were in the high 3xxxx with one in the 15xxx. those are pretty old. Im a 32xxx by comparison(or maybe 33xxx cant remember atm).

CJ Johnny
Mar 10, 2009, 07:01 PM
Which Platfrom you are on?

I'm on 360

Swiftstrike
Mar 10, 2009, 07:02 PM
Im a newb and know thats stupid price! lol

Of course, I am a market whore and I know these things .... :)

Im on 360 too

Jainsea
Mar 10, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm on PC and yea prices for NPC items are outrageous :\
Its like NO ONE knows npc shop price or how to use search condition. Why you
gonna sell something for millions when a handful of players are selling it
for a few grand? no sense at all :\

ashley50
Mar 10, 2009, 07:21 PM
they're greedy

hiraisho
Mar 10, 2009, 07:58 PM
Same thing happened to me with mot ebon, pretty much getting all mats from NPCs since its cheaper there. Still do check stores in case cheaper mats do pop up.

Zoamel_Gustav
Mar 11, 2009, 12:01 AM
Unfortunately, The NPC Price Shop was locked during the recent hacker ordeal. I've just unlocked it, but pricing will still take awhile to recover. I apologize for the inconvenience.

darkante
Mar 11, 2009, 12:09 AM
They are not that bright and are too lazy to check.
I usually donīt bother selling items like that in player shops.

Either i sell it to a NPC to make space for more runs or i collect them.

Magician
Mar 11, 2009, 06:03 AM
Meseta is too easy to obtain, players are lazy or newcomers don't know any better.

Any one of the answers above is correct.

My brother routinely sells junk like alterazscreen, onmascreen and de ragan boards for 50k and they constantly sell. During the parum gbr I was selling grinder base a stacks for 2500 per grinder. Yup, meseta's too easy to obtain. But I won't complain, armas lines aren't cheap.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 11, 2009, 06:38 AM
at one point i was selling airboards for 200k+ before ppl caught on that you could buy them at the NPC :disapprove::whip:

darkante
Mar 11, 2009, 09:56 AM
at one point i was selling airboards for 200k+ before ppl caught on that you could buy them at the NPC :disapprove::whip:

Haha nice

desturel
Mar 11, 2009, 10:37 AM
A number of reasons.

1) People don't pick up "junk" items in missions anymore because they have too much of said item. Those people who also have too much of the item also do not sell the item so there is a very limited amount of people with the items for sale.

2) People don't know how much items cost. This coupled with people not picking up the items and the ones that have the items not selling them leads to a fabricated "demand" for any given item. Which drives up the price.

3) People who notice that the price is driven up decide to cash in on the stored up "junk" items that they are never going to use.
a. Some of them don't know the value of the item and are just pricing to market value.
b. Some people are well aware of the actual price of the item and decide to buy a stack at the NPC to resell for a quick profit.

Example of A:

I was selling grinder base a stacks for 2500 per grinder.

Grinder Base A is 1000 meseta on Guardians Colony second floor. Grinder A boards are 4000 meseta.

Example of B:

A friend of mine sells Im-photons for 500 meseta and routinely sells out whenever he cares to stock them. Easy 300 meseta profit per photon.

Add this to the fact that materials for making items cost more than the item is worth in general and you can see why the materials market is so frustrating. Even if you break it down to A ranks weapons, to make a 9* A rank weapon (lets use a neutral ran-misaki for example) you need:

10 photon (200 NPC price)
6 Vulcaline (around 800 in player shops)
3 Stelnium (2500 NPC Price)
9 neu ebon (4000 NPC Price)

That's 50300 meseta to make an item that only sells to most people for the NPC sell back price of 50000. Sure you make back the money if you already have Vulcaline and Photons, but you could easily sell off the items at market price for more cash than the item is worth. That's not even counting the cost of the board (a bit more than 8250 from player shops. 165000 in the NPC shop)

Then you aren't even counting that striking weapon boards use less items than other boards. A 9* striking weapon uses 3 Stelnium. A 9* wand uses 9 Cyral. A 9* handgun uses 9 Teranite. The balance is way off in this game for cost of making an item vs. cost of the materials used to make it. Considering the items fail quite often, it's easy to see why many people would rather just make a quick profit from materials than waste their time making items.

The quick profit mentality, the lack of cost effective alternative means to obtain materials, and lack of knowledge of base prices of "junk" items is why you are seeing the prices you are seeing.

It's something you will learn to live with eventually. While I don't abuse the overpriced NPC items system, I will search player shops every once in a while for 8* and 9* items priced less than NPC sell back value for some quick cash.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 13, 2009, 12:54 AM
So I was making some gudda gants and ran out of stelnium. I said, let me check the player shops its very abundant in most missions and should therefore be very cheap!... NOPE! The lowest priced stelnium was 4900 after that 5000 with most being at 5000. Why Oh Why, does this happen? Its 2500 in the NPC shop! It simply baffles me. . .

Thats nothing

I once saw Zon photon 99999999999 in a player shop.

hiraisho
Mar 13, 2009, 01:16 AM
Thats nothing

So have I, on one of my alts shops, nice way to have multiple stacks of elemental photons for synthing so I don't run low :)

Keep the room locked and use the shop only for some extra storage of stackable items.

Swiftstrike
Mar 13, 2009, 01:48 AM
Thats nothing

People do this becuase some items are searched for a lot by the "item" search function, so you cannot see the price until you go to the player shop. It is a way to get people into your shop for a high traffic item ... the person may look at some of your other stuff while they are there, but the high traffic item won't get sold (since its at max price).

Ruru
Mar 13, 2009, 03:25 AM
People do this becuase some items are searched for a lot by the "item" search function, so you cannot see the price until you go to the player shop. It is a way to get people into your shop for a high traffic item ... the person may look at some of your other stuff while they are there, but the high traffic item won't get sold (since its at max price).

that or like 99% of the time people use shops for extra storage >.>

Swiftstrike
Mar 13, 2009, 05:01 AM
that or like 99% of the time people use shops for extra storage >.>

That too ^^

Ruru
Mar 14, 2009, 12:36 AM

Most of the time you'll only see the overpriced items because the cheap stuff is bought up right away.