PDA

View Full Version : About Rare Free Missions

Deiser
Mar 11, 2009, 06:59 AM
I tried finding the info by typing "Rare Free Missions" in the search bar, but all the newer threads talk about the items in the free missions, rather than how the free mission functions.

I just got the RFM right now, and none of my friends are online. I can assume that the RFM won't go away if I log out, but do I have to play the rare mission before doing another mission, or can I choose whatever time to use it?

Also, do I have a time limit on when I can use it? Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

joefro
Mar 11, 2009, 07:10 AM
It wont go away as long as you don't play a different mission, as far as I know. So, if you log off now and get on later, it should still be there.

psu000
Mar 11, 2009, 08:22 AM
The system is changed now. You can do any other mission and the RFM will still there providing you don't start it.

This means you can log off, join another party and do any other mission,go to your room,change universe or even play your other friend's RFM.

The only disadvantage is that you will not get another RFM whilst you kept yours since it does not stack

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 11, 2009, 08:57 AM
I like the RFm announcment, but I always check before I even do a run as i've found a rare run about 6 times or more when I just logged into PSU.

Tifa

miko65
Mar 11, 2009, 09:02 AM
Well I just got the right to do a rare mission so if anyone wants to join I'll be in uni 1 on the 3rd flr of the Guardians Colony. I'll be playing as my female fortefighter Tobin. I'm at lvl 60. l8tr

Neith
Mar 11, 2009, 09:08 AM
The system is changed now. You can do any other mission and the RFM will still there providing you don't start it.

This- I've had the rare mission on my GM for a few weeks now (saving for White Day), and I've done several other missions. Provided you don't start the rare mission, it won't go away.

Elyruin
Mar 11, 2009, 12:03 PM
When you get one of the %500 drop and exp rare missions im almost positive that you get 24 hours to do the mission. In that time you can do what ever you want. I usually do it as soon as possible so I dont forget later. Once you do it its gone until you unlock it again another time. But the point is that you can go do other missions, log off, go to your room, or switch worlds. Just make sure you do it within 24 hours of receiving it.

str898mustang
Mar 11, 2009, 12:20 PM
When you get one of the %500 drop and exp rare missions im almost positive that you get 24 hours to do the mission. In that time you can do what ever you want. I usually do it as soon as possible so I dont forget later. Once you do it its gone until you unlock it again another time. But the point is that you can go do other missions, log off, go to your room, or switch worlds. Just make sure you do it within 24 hours of receiving it.

Not true. it stays there until you run it. Get ur facts straight before saying something.

Elyruin
Mar 11, 2009, 12:22 PM
Not true. it stays there until you run it. Get ur facts straight before saying something.

Tell that to the 40 different people I heard that from JA.

str898mustang
Mar 11, 2009, 12:25 PM
Tell that to the 40 different people I heard that from JA.

hm.....I stand corrected then...my bad....wtf is JA?

wait, did they hear that from a person or did they actually lose the rare mission after 24hrs?

Tianna
Mar 11, 2009, 12:32 PM
This- I've had the rare mission on my GM for a few weeks now (saving for White Day), and I've done several other missions. Provided you don't start the rare mission, it won't go away.

^^^^TRUE^^^^

I have had a friend that has had the rare mission for days now and she has run about 20 different missions on all the different planets and it pops up everytime...saving for White day also :)

str898mustang
Mar 11, 2009, 12:35 PM
Like I said Elyruin, get ur facts straight

Chris28
Mar 11, 2009, 12:46 PM
what would be nice is if a freaking GM would post something about the rare mission msg and details about it.

Swiftstrike
Mar 11, 2009, 04:43 PM
I have had the rare mission option for a couple days, ive done other missions and log offs, ect too and still have the option for a rare mission. :)

lanvandam
Mar 12, 2009, 04:31 PM
I was doing beach runs looking for armas line(Falied) anywho i return to my room to see what was on sell check a few rooms out then decided i wanted to go hunt kan yu boards to sell so i went to PARUM after I LEFT MY ROOM got the mission lobby and BAM! RARE MISSION

how or why did it do that i did not receive a message saying i had rare mission and i also changed unis when i went back to my room has this happen to anyone else???

NiceOnes
Mar 12, 2009, 04:43 PM
You probably just missed the message.

Once you have the Rare map flag it won't go away until used. Ie. you can change uni's, logoff, play a mission... play a friends rare mission.. etc without losing your flag.

Save it till tommorow so you can run a phantom fissure and have a chance at the Inferno!

System-Id
Mar 12, 2009, 04:45 PM
That sucks =/