PDA

View Full Version : PA questions

Runehades
Mar 11, 2009, 01:33 PM
Ok so I posted here a few days ago seeing if I should reactivate my old PC account or start fresh on 360. Well I reactivated and started a fresh 360 account and will probably stick to the xbox because some friends might reactivate too and they only have the xbox version. Anyway to my questions. I've been reading a few topics and notice some signatures that show player's class levels but seems like they only have one character. I know its possible to have one character and grind every class to the max but my questions is how does it work if you want to switch with limited amount of skills you can use.

What is it you can use 36 skills/bullets/tech combined? I mean for example if you are a Fightmaster and have every sword, spear, axe and double saber skill maxed that's 8 slots that are taken out of the 36. So what if you switch to Gunmaster and want to skill every bullet skill you can use? That'll be 24 more slots to use in your skills won't it? So ok you've used 32 skill slots and have maxed them and you now want to try Masterforce and you want every TECH then what?

I guess my question since I'm a freakin nub is.. Is there a way to add more skill/bullet/TECH slots on one character or do players just add what they will only use? Or do people just replace slots with new skills and if they replace a slot and go back to an old slot does your skill/bullet/tech go back to 0 or to the old level it was before you replaced it?

Magician
Mar 11, 2009, 01:36 PM
You can return photon arts back into disc form and store them in your pm, or you can place them in your common box and use them on a different character if you wish.

Elyruin
Mar 11, 2009, 01:39 PM
Do you mean like when you press Y or X on the controller?

I didnt understand but you can do what he said.

CJ Johnny
Mar 11, 2009, 01:53 PM
Pause....... Time out....

Don't jump on the Trampoline all together... It is very Dangerous.

Runehades question is: If I read it correctly.

Can we switch out PA's from 1 Charater to the other's?
The answer is 'Yes'.

All you need to do is,
1/ Press 'Start'
2/ Player Information
3/ Photo arts list
4/ Highlight the PA, (or selet with your D-pad)
5/ Press 'A'
It will ask you "Do you want to return this photo art to the disc?"
(If you do, then select 'Yes')

After that, goto your [own >Items<]
Use your D-Pad
It will be in >>Tab 3 of your item

............Caution..... very Careful....
Don't over write your PA's
Perform at your own risk....

Calsetes
Mar 11, 2009, 02:01 PM
They stay the levels you left them at, also. You can grind... let's say Absolute Dance on your fighmaster until it hits level 50, then disk it and give it to your fighgunner character via your comon box and they'd have it at level 40 (the melee PA cap for that class). If they disk it and give it back to the fighmaster, it'll still be a level 50 PA.

Hope that helped.

Edit: You can overwrite PAs? This is the first I'm hearing about that - I've actually tried to learn a PA that I had once by accident and it just popped up saying "You have already learned this PA."

Runehades
Mar 11, 2009, 02:19 PM
Ohh wow thanks for the replies!! OMG the answers I got have way better results than what I expected too!! Ok so I want to start my new character but I know myself I'm always very indecisive when it comes to classes and I know I'll switch out a lot depending on my mood but I hate starting characters from lvl 1 over and over and the fact that you can switch classes (kinda like FF online was) in PSU makes me very happy. I just thought the only drawback would be limited skills but now that I know this I'm more excited than ever about choosing my race. To top things off I can transfer skills to alts!! Man I'm loving this.

Runehades
Mar 11, 2009, 07:19 PM
Ok I tried this but when I select the PA and press A nothing happens, all I hear is a sound but no options come up. Could it be possible that this was a feature on the expansion AOI? I haven't gotten the expansion yet..

ashley50
Mar 11, 2009, 08:00 PM
Ok I tried this but when I select the PA and press A nothing happens, all I hear is a sound but no options come up. Could it be possible that this was a feature on the expansion AOI? I haven't gotten the expansion yet..

well that explains it...

Runehades
Mar 11, 2009, 09:44 PM
well that explains it...

Yes I found some Q&A's on AOI and read that part a while ago, I'm kinda glad my guess was right since I'm downloading the xpac this Friday off Live. Really enjoying the game so far btw!

CJ Johnny
Mar 12, 2009, 02:37 AM
We were assuming that you are on AOTI already.
Cause the orginal PSU do not have such an option.

Yes. You need to be on the Expansion for that to work.

Do not work on 'Demo' and 'Original PSU'.

Runehades
Mar 12, 2009, 07:25 AM
It's all good! The info was still very much useful since it helped me select the race that best fits my style. I've always been a jack of all trades kinda mmo player so human seemed like my obvious choice. I originally started a cast and I know I would have been kicking myself had I found this out down the line when I had 3 or 4 lvl 50 characters.

NiceOnes
Mar 12, 2009, 08:44 AM
Download the Expansion off XBL.. It's only ten bux these days and well worth it.

Elyruin
Mar 12, 2009, 09:06 AM
Yea when i got it it cost $20. would have been cool to get it for $10.

Runehades
Mar 12, 2009, 09:57 AM
Ohh wow went down in price too! Yea I'm going to DL it tomorrow.