PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Even more new AOTI supplemental update details (March 11)

EspioKaos
Mar 11, 2009, 01:40 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/update/

GUARDIANS Advanced Style (GAS)
* This is the new name of the character ability customization feature.
* Right as you reach the level cap, all excess EXP you acquire will be converted to advanced EXP (AEXP).
* In missions that have level restrictions, it may be possible to earn AEXP even if you are not capped. For example, if a mission is restricted to LV100 and you are LV168, when you enter the mission, you will be taken down to LV100, but any EXP you ear will be earned as AEXP.
* Once you reach a certain amount of AEXP, it will be converted automatically to advanced points (AP).
* You can use your AP for either type customization or style customization.
* Type and style customization features can be used only in the exclusive missions.
* AP and customization caps are planned to be increased over time.

Type customization
* You can customize your type's abilities by spending AP.
* Each ability has its own level which will increase as you spend AP on them.
* Abilities you can learn vary between the different types.
* The number of abilities that can be learned will be limited between the races. There will be some cases where you will not be able to learn all abilities even if you have the AP to spend on them.
* Hunter, Ranger and Force cannot be customized.
* Type customization points include things such as (but not limited to) increased base ATP, increased critical hit rate, increased PA leveling speed (for weapons of your type's forte), fire TECHNIC strengthening, etc.

Style customization
* You can acquire abilities known as "style" by spending AP.
* Style encompasses "weapon style," "shield style" and "extra style."
* Once you acquire a style type, you can freely change between its options when in a GAS mission without having to spend extra AP.
* Style options are based on your character, not type.
* Each style has its own level which will increase as you spend AP on them.
* If you save up enough AP, you can acquire all styles.
* Style customization options include (but are not limited to) additional stats effect infliction rates with attacks, freeze resistance, trap damage increase, etc.

Interface additions
* A text input history (like what's currently available in chat) will be added to the online status, party name, party comment and conditional search fields.

Conditional missions
* Conditional missions include the following types of restrictions:
- Level cap restriction
- Select weapon category restrictions
- Select item usage restrictions
- Select slot/unit restrictions
- Select TECHNIC restrictions
- SUV weapon/nanoblast restrictions
* For example, if a mission is restricted to LV20, all party members must be at least LV20 to enter. Upon entering, anyone who is above LV20 will be reduced to LV20 for the duration of the mission.
* AEXP is earned in level restricted mission as opposed to normal EXP.
* Restrictions will change between each mission.

GUARDIANS Advanced Missions
* GAMs are a type of conditional mission.
* When a GAM is cleared, players will earn advanced mission points (AMP) instead of normal mission points.
* When you reach a predetermined amount of AMP, your rank (known as a "stage") will increase.
* In GAMs, if all party members are not at or above a certain stage, certain missions cannot be accepted.
* As you reached advanced stages, mission difficulty and restrictions become more strict.
* You can exchange AMP for items, however doing this can decrease your stage if you fall under a certain amount of AMP.
* There is a limit to the amount of AMP you can acquire.

To PS2 users
* As previously reported, new graphics will not be available to PS2 users. Furthermore, the screenshot and text input history functions will not be available to PS2 users, though all other features are planned to be implemented.

Elyruin
Mar 11, 2009, 01:50 PM
Wow I like the customization but I wouldnt want to have my lvl reduced just to do a mission when I worked hard to get to the lvl im at. As a lvl 100 I wouldnt want to have the same power as a lvl 20!

Magician
Mar 11, 2009, 01:53 PM
I like all this, but who is going to boost anything else besides their ATP or TP?

To me, these "stages" appear similar to prestige levels in COD4.

The conditional missions sound like a blast though. :)

Calsetes
Mar 11, 2009, 01:54 PM
This all sounds like some pretty good stuff - the only downside I can see is this:

I want to run a restricted mission. I have no AMP or AXP. I can't find a group because the only people running them are the elitist guys, and as stated in another post of mine if you aren't "7h15 1337" good luck getting in.

Aside from that, it sounds extremely intriguing. It just depends on their execution, now.

Edit: I would boost other stuff - imagine if you boosted your evade or your defense to insane levels as a gunner (or some other shotgun-toting class) and had barada chamga - that's as close to a tank-ish guy you can probably get in the game, unless they implement other stuff with the styles (like fortefighters getting more "hate" from mobs in parties).

Elyruin
Mar 11, 2009, 01:58 PM
As long as it makes the game more fun I cool with it.

Ruru
Mar 11, 2009, 02:03 PM
restricted levels sound too much like CoP missions on FFXI and NOBODY liked those. meh this whole update is sounding like a bad FFXI rip off, but i'll keep an open mind (or try at least...)

_Vyser_
Mar 11, 2009, 02:05 PM
This sounds amazing! Now correct me if I'm wrong, but are style and type caps separate? So I can, for example, spend max AP into increased SE effects, and spend max AP into increased critical hits? Or is the AP cap split between the two categories?

Calsetes
Mar 11, 2009, 02:05 PM
I'm interested in the challenge mode missions, too. It'd give people a reason to use that lower-level armor and weapons, and force them to work for a reward.

Just as a side note, how many people you think will complain that they can't use their master classes on the extremely low-level ones because they're too low to equip their S-ranks? Just curious.....

biggabertha
Mar 11, 2009, 02:09 PM
Now these additions, are awesome!!

Love everything there is about this - makes grinding a whole lot better to know that there's a reason to use things again!!

Now I cannot wait to do a lot of these things - like picking to level up PAs faster, now that's cool - easy time leveling Boma Maga, Mayalee everything and PAs like Anga Dugrega and Absolute Dance!!

"Abilities you can learn vary between the different types."

The number of abilities that can be learned will be limited between the races.

Pleasepleasepleaselethumansshine!!!

_Vyser_
Mar 11, 2009, 02:10 PM
I'm interested in the challenge mode missions, too. It'd give people a reason to use that lower-level armor and weapons, and force them to work for a reward.

Just as a side note, how many people you think will complain that they can't use their master classes on the extremely low-level ones because they're too low to equip their S-ranks? Just curious.....

Yeah, it'll be fun to be restricted to a lower level. I always enjoyed playing as a low-level character, but now I don't have any character slots I want to delete :/

As for the master classes I play, my GM is a CAST, and my MF is a female Newman, so I probably wont have any issues equipping s-ranks (armor might be an issue for the latter...<_<; ). If all else fails, I'll just switch to AF and FT respectively for these characters.

Pleasepleasepleaselethumansshine!!!

Haha, you bring up a good point. If this is going to be remotely anywhere similar to PSZ, humans will probably have the largest AP caps of the races. Of course, this is just a speculation on my part.

Rust
Mar 11, 2009, 02:26 PM
This restricted missions idea sounds interesting. Let's just hope they won't ALL belong to the GUARDIANS cash shop.
And I don't find the lowered level idea that bad. Not only will there be (I hope at least) some challenge in this game again thanks to that, but that also gives the slow-grinding people like me a fair chance at also customizing their stats without having to hit the cap (because I sure know I don't want to hit the cap when it's currently 20-30 levels higher than the most powerful mobs on JP servers).

Not sure what I'll do with my beast, but I'm fairly certain I'm gonna change Rust into a virus/shock inflictor and my newearl AF/FI into a critical hit monster.
(If this ever hit our servers before they get shut down... :wacko:)

Dhylec
Mar 11, 2009, 02:38 PM
Interesting news. Looking to add more depth into a hack-slash game. Let's see how this turn out.

Neith
Mar 11, 2009, 02:39 PM
Hmm, increasing critical hit ratio would be pointless for me as I play FM- although it would make my gunner better. I'm liking the idea of increasing stats (Newman FM/fF will get HP/ATP boosts if we ever get this). All that concerns me is that some classes are already far too good (looking at you, Gunmaster), and this update looks to improve them?

Don't get me wrong, they're good ideas, but hopefully the classes will be rebalanced to reflect this.

Please, please let me crank up my HUnewearl(s)' ATP :lol:

JAFO22000
Mar 11, 2009, 02:43 PM
Eh.....trying to keep an open mind here but my confidence in this "expansion" is waning.

What I don't understand is: If there are these super-special missions with super-special drops and you can increase your characters stats to make them super-special, why bother with the rest of the game? Understand that PSO and PSU are the ONLY online (mmo?)RPGs I've ever played.

ShuttleXpC
Mar 11, 2009, 02:44 PM
FFXI level caps. It seems like PSU took a lot from other actual MMO's. Its not a bad thing, just think they are actually planning stuff and it makes you happy. Although we will get a watered down patch in the US I'm sure.

stukasa
Mar 11, 2009, 02:54 PM
So all this stuff they're talking about with advanced EXP and customization only applies to a handful of special missions? That's disappointing. Weren't most of these exclusive missions supposed to be "pay to play"?

* Type and style customization features can be used only in the exclusive missions.
Did most people miss this point? It sounds like all these new features only apply to the "pay to play" missions. If you're not willing to pay extra money, you can't do any customization. Or am I reading this wrong?

Swiftstrike
Mar 11, 2009, 03:33 PM
This sounds amazing!! A real update with a bunch of new stuff, sounds promising. I like all of what I read (even the temporary level reduction ... makes it a bit more challenging!).

Dragwind
Mar 11, 2009, 03:56 PM
Well, this sounds...interesting. Changing the mechanics around looks like it might add a bit more challenge and spice to the game.

Syn Jerriel
Mar 11, 2009, 03:59 PM
i wish this was coming out this week ;_; for the SOA players

Matic
Mar 11, 2009, 04:16 PM
Did most people miss this point? It sounds like all these new features only apply to the "pay to play" missions. If you're not willing to pay extra money, you can't do any customization. Or am I reading this wrong?

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not sure that ALL of these "exclusive missions" will be cash shop missions. Hopefully they mean "exclusive" to new missions in general, rather than just pay missions.

unicorn
Mar 11, 2009, 04:18 PM
Ima have a mean FOcast with killer TP, wewt.

I'm still confused by most of this though...I guess I'll just have to see how its executed.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 11, 2009, 04:42 PM
if its cash only missions i may stop playing PSU after we get that update mainly and majorly because SEGA=FAIL at constantly giving us updates(yea yea SoJ controlls content) and support(not so much but those pc/ps2 players that got hacked are getting screwed since their items are not being replaced) even though we never fail at paying to play and they never fail at billing us so to pay them more to enjoy my favorite game would be hmmmm idk dumb i hope for SEGAs sake if they do that those missions are, OMFG thats so Epic my eyeballs are crystalizing from not blinking

Rust
Mar 11, 2009, 04:42 PM
I hear what you're saying, but I'm not sure that ALL of these "exclusive missions" will be cash shop missions. Hopefully they mean "exclusive" to new missions in general, rather than just pay missions.

Yeah, I was also under the impression the pay-to-play and 'resctricted' missions were two different things.
Not saying that some of them won't be pay-to-play, but not all of them either.

I took 'exclusive missions' as 'new type of missions released with that update'.
I hope I'm right at least ; because I certainly won't add a single extra buck to what I'm already paying.

Swiftstrike
Mar 11, 2009, 05:42 PM
I didn't think of it as a pay-to-play, but if they do then I'm gone. I see no reason to pay extra for content i think my $10/month should be covering for already.

However, I see good evidence that they will go for microtransactions. My evidence? All MMORPGs are slowly integrating some sort of real cash exchange for in-game content (other than subscription fee).

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2009, 05:59 PM
This is all quite interesting
although i think we have about 1 year + until we see this stuff(or if any of it) so im not getting deeply excited about it but its still new change for the game ^^;

Kazemi
Mar 11, 2009, 06:06 PM
"exclusive" means exclusive to this expansion like update. all new free missions, conditional missions, advanced missions, and pay as you go missions will all fall under this label.

guess the greater question is why these abilities are limited to the new missions. something to do with the ps2 version perhaps? though they haven't really stated whether these new missions will exist for them or not.

Swiftstrike
Mar 11, 2009, 06:38 PM
"exclusive" means exclusive to this expansion like update. all new free missions, conditional missions, advanced missions, and pay as you go missions will all fall under this label.

guess the greater question is why these abilities are limited to the new missions. something to do with the ps2 version perhaps? though they haven't really stated whether these new missions will exist for them or not.

The new features would have to be adapted to work for each existing mission, an undertaking that would completly change the mechanics of them all (and take a long time). It is much easier to have them work for the current missions by building them around the new abilities.

Phaesphora
Mar 11, 2009, 07:40 PM
Not that any of my characters will ever be capped, but its nice to see them taking the mechanics a little deeper.

gratefulgriz
Mar 11, 2009, 07:46 PM
I did not understand any of that!!?? woooo, but I read everyones comments and can make a little sense of it now. So I guess YAY!! Sounds like the implementation will be a neat advantage to our PSU population! GO PS!

Zyrusticae
Mar 11, 2009, 08:07 PM
Hm, I'm not sure I like the sound of this.

As was previously expounded (love that word) within this thread, what's to keep everybody from spamming these new exclusive missions the same way they do White Beast/Seed Express?

...Well, okay, it'd be no different than it is now, but...

I guess we'll see. It sounds interesting, but it also sounds like it could end up making all the rest of the game untouched for the rest of its lifetime.

hunterseifer
Mar 11, 2009, 08:08 PM
This sounds awesome, finally more customization!:-D

Swiftstrike
Mar 11, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hm, I'm not sure I like the sound of this.

As was previously expounded (love that word) within this thread, what's to keep everybody from spamming these new exclusive missions the same way they do White Beast/Seed Express?

lol, nothing. The only thing that can stop people is if they implemented an x-hr lockout system ... but no one likes that.

mvffin
Mar 11, 2009, 09:20 PM
Its p. dumb that most of the cool new stuff only works on certain missions.

meh

_Vyser_
Mar 11, 2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah, it's a shame that the new stuff wont work in old missions. Perhaps the new missions will be harder, to compensate for the increased character/class stats.

Arika
Mar 11, 2009, 10:09 PM
* In missions that have level restrictions, it may be possible to earn AEXP even if you are not capped. For example, if a mission is restricted to LV100 and you are LV168, when you enter the mission, you will be taken down to LV100, but any EXP you ear will be earned as AEXP.
>>>

Coolness!!, I hope we are level 100 that fight lv 150. That will make it fun!

>>> omg, but this is.....suck! >_<
But, I do know the reason..actually, it is just like how they never give v.1 mission drop to have AoI exclusive missions.

Shou
Mar 11, 2009, 10:59 PM
Sounds rather complicated. Maybe its just because they are holding back a bunch of information. They need to just spill it.

Goddamnit i just want to know if techers can be useful again! TELL ME NOW RAWR!!!!

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 11, 2009, 11:07 PM
Whole thing smells of train wreck if you ask me... What's the point of even having a level cap anymore if you're gonna downscale the player level in certain missions. So we can fight the same level 145 enemies we've been fighting for over a year but at level 100 which we reached before AoI even came out?

_Vyser_
Mar 11, 2009, 11:17 PM
I guess the level cap would be for the missions still on the current disk/folder that haven't been unlocked yet.

Zyrusticae
Mar 11, 2009, 11:25 PM
lol, nothing. The only thing that can stop people is if they implemented an x-hr lockout system ... but no one likes that.

Well, what I really meant is that, if the new customization stuff can only be used in these special missions, then no one will ever want to go back to the old missions. But it doesn't really matter, I guess. The only reason people do so now is for certain items, and for variety's sake...

kejen
Mar 11, 2009, 11:28 PM
Nobody seems to like the pay to play part. Paying to get exp or mp faster is fine. But if you have to pay to get certain items, or run certain mission that a certain item only appears, I will leave too. Basically if paying does anything other than getting someone to 150/20 fast, it will be no good.

No doubt japan players feel the same way, and hopefully sega is very careful of what they do.

lanvandam
Mar 11, 2009, 11:34 PM
this reminds me of FFXI meret points

miko00014
Mar 11, 2009, 11:38 PM
While the whole Sega cash thing def doesn't sound good, I don't think ill quit for that sole reason. I mean it does basically mean that Sega no longer cares about this game, but I figured as much when Segac didn't update the game for 3 months. As others have stated, I really hope that it only would be for used for stuff like leveling classes or exp more, or even the new ap or w/e.

Kazemi
Mar 12, 2009, 02:33 AM
The new features would have to be adapted to work for each existing mission, an undertaking that would completly change the mechanics of them all (and take a long time). It is much easier to have them work for the current missions by building them around the new abilities.perhaps. guess we'll have to see how these newer missions are gonna work.

What's the point of even having a level cap anymore if you're gonna downscale the player level in certain missions. So we can fight the same level 145 enemies we've been fighting for over a year but at level 100 which we reached before AoI even came out?so there can be more to the game than just grinding all day long trying to get the best gears in the game each update? *gasp*

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 12, 2009, 04:06 AM
so there can be more to the game than just grinding all day long trying to get the best gears in the game each update? *gasp*
Yeah? Such as grinding these new lvl-capped missions to max out AP and AEXP since they're only gonna increase the cap like every 3 months? It'll end up being the same as type level which almost everyone has at 20 already.

Besides, level isn't really all that important since the stat growth in later levels is abysmal.

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 12, 2009, 09:18 AM
if the new weps released are pay-to-play only and non sellable to other players that would just be a pimp slap from sega to us

in this clip we are the dog brian:whip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AJ0SkbPxAk

Zorafim
Mar 12, 2009, 09:21 AM
This is actually... kind of interesting. Depending on how they implement this, it could lead to some interesting customization. For instance, if you dump all your limit points into ice effectiveness, you may be able to specialize in using ice techs to such a point where all other techs could become obsolete.
One thing I didn't like about techer is the whole elemental juggling thing. Not that I minded switching weapons based on the mob, but it kind of irks me that you had to use all of them.

Regardless, something tells me that +critical and +(a)tp is going to rule supreme anyway. If so, shame. I'd rather boost points into unique things that you can't get from levels or gear. If this is implemented well though, perhaps I can get the elemental fighter I've always wanted.

Libram
Mar 12, 2009, 10:18 AM
Guardian's Cash
Everyone seems pretty bent outta shape on this still, so here's how I think it should be done. Every time someone goes to a SEGA billing site and spends money there some Guardian's Cash should be earned. That means with every subscription bought you gain some, and I personally think the 180-day Sub should get you more than the 30-day because you're pretty much saying you're going to commit to this game for that amount of time. A third option should be there for people who just want to pay for the G-Cash by itself, but this way everyone earns cash.

A-EXP and the like
I'm wondering how this will be handled. Will these be percentage increases or set amounts per A-EXP spent? I'd rather see the second, not sure why, though.

JAFO22000
Mar 12, 2009, 10:21 AM
"Hey guys! To make the game more challenging, this is what we decided to do! We are going to allow you to play missions which take away all of the levels you worked so hard for!! Don't you see how cool this is?!?!?! Instead of us making new creatures to fight or making the existing creatures stronger, we'll just have you fight the same old crap only we'll take away a lot of your strengths in the mission by dropping your level and putting restrictions on the items/PA's/classes you can use!!! Also, did we mention that you'll be able to CUSTOMIZE your character for these levels?!?!? Some might say we are gimping you, but we feel that we're allowing you to level your character AGAIN...it's like you're starting the game all over!!!! It's awesome!! Wouldn't the NBA be more challenging and fun if the team with the better record had to have it's players tie one hand behind their back?!?!?!"

S4CT4L1TY
Mar 12, 2009, 10:38 AM
"Wouldn't the NBA be more challenging and fun if the team with the better record had to have it's players tie one hand behind their back?!?!?!"

how about each player loses a leg but its cut off with a rusty saw by a blind horse:whip:

Seira7
Mar 12, 2009, 10:53 AM
With an expansion, I was hoping to see a rebalance of all the older missions so that we could enjoy the entire "universe"

Sounds like this is going in the opposite direction. Its already bad enough with people spamming the same missions over and over to get the best rewards. Now we will have "exclusive" missions (and since this isnt a huge expansion like AOTI, it will probably be like 2 missions) that people will "exclusively" play so they can be super-powered. *shrug*

I really hope the rebalance the older missions in order to compensate for this. Maybe pump up the MP rewards in the older less frequented missions? Just something that will give me an excuse to enjoy the whole game. That is, if we even ever get the supplement.

Kylie
Mar 12, 2009, 12:21 PM
"A" seems like the new "+."

It's a lot of information, and I'd like to know if all of these extra missions will cost anything.

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 12, 2009, 12:23 PM
They'll probably just be the remaining S3s... with lvl 145 enemies... and capped at player level 150 so it's not total overkill like it is atm.

Akaimizu
Mar 12, 2009, 12:42 PM
Type customization. Hmm, with the thoughts of a number of PSU players.

I'm going to throw a guess that Type customization will be...
More ATP, More ATP, and um......More ATP.

Anduril
Mar 12, 2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, now I'm not that big a fan of this. The type customization should really have been made for general use and not just for exclusive missions. I guess they just don't want to completely readjust the gameplay. :(

Gen2000
Mar 12, 2009, 12:51 PM
Eh, not sure how all this will work out. It sounded awesome at the beginning but as I read more details about it the less excited I got about it.

Noblewine
Mar 12, 2009, 12:56 PM
GUARDIANS Advanced Style (GAS)
* This is the new name of the character ability customization feature.
* Right as you reach the level cap, all excess EXP you acquire will be converted to advanced EXP (AEXP).
* Once you reach a certain amount of AEXP, it will be converted automatically to advanced points (AP).
* You can use your AP for either type customization or style customization.
* AP and customization caps are planned to be increased over time.

Type customization
* You can customize your type's abilities by spending AP.
* Each ability has its own level which will increase as you spend AP on them.
* Abilities you can learn vary between the different types.
* The number of abilities that can be learned will be limited between the races. There will be some cases where you will not be able to learn all abilities even if you have the AP to spend on them.
* Hunter, Ranger and Force cannot be customized.
* Type customization points include things such as (but not limited to) increased base ATP, increased critical hit rate, increased PA leveling speed (for weapons of your type's forte), fire TECHNIC strengthening, etc.

Interface additions
* A text input history (like what's currently available in chat) will be added to the online status, party name, party comment and conditional search fields.

This looks interesting. I can't wait to see this added.

Mysterious-G
Mar 12, 2009, 12:59 PM
Ah bah, and I wished for a personal Guardians type you can create and adjust with your AP. :(
But nooo, SEGA is not creative enough to do that. Or too lazy. Or both. Probably even more. :disapprove:

Shinko
Mar 12, 2009, 01:22 PM
Man it's sad when the enemies are so weak they need to make lvl restrictions. I just don't like the idea of that. Yes I want the game to be harder but I shouldn't have to have my character striped of his/her power for that. With this there be no point in capping if everyone mainly do restrictions missions.

Instead of this lvl restrictions bull they need to start making enemies smarter and stronger plus rebalanced some of the classes and races. And also the more people in your party the more hp the enemy have or something round that idea.

Also the GAS would be nice if the game wasn't too easy already. But I'm guessing if we're going to be lvl restricted all the time then something like this would be needed but even still I just see this make the game way too easy. (even in the restricted missions) It would be a good idea if the enemies was.... hard.

Also the guardian's clash idea.... It wouldn't be bad if we didn't already pay a fee. I don't mind paying a little extra on a item i really one upgraded but it seems a little unfair to players who pay 10 a month and grinded there ass off to get the gear and items they have just to see a new player have the same stuff.

Rust
Mar 12, 2009, 02:09 PM
Instead of this lvl restrictions bull they need to start making enemies smarter and stronger plus rebalanced some of the classes and races. And also the more people in your party the more hp the enemy have or something round that idea.

Stronger + more HP doesn't make the monsters more challenging IMO.
In v.1, players were weaker so mobs were kinda like if they had more HP and attack power.
But were they more challenging? No. Just longer to kill.

I think they'd make the game more challenging if monsters actually required specific strategies in order to be killed.
I'd like to avoid the PSO analogy, because those are two totally different games (especially gameplay-wise), but truth is PSO had some inventive way of dealing with some monsters and they didn't even rip one single concept in PSU.

To name a few :
-Dark Gunners: they were completely invincible for a set period of time, then when they were ready to fire at you and vulnerables, your best bet was to shoot at the 'leader' in order to temporarily paralyze the others.
-Dubchics: those guys were invincible and could only be disabled by destroying their 'mother brain'. Sometimes it was quite a pain when soloing and had to deal with an army of them while trying to destroy the device.
-Garanz: the more they were damaged, the less armored they were, and the more missiles they were shooting. Best strategy was to run in circles around them so thy would destroy themselves with their own missiles.
-Nano Dragons: they were constantly avoiding being engaged into melee, had good resistance to ranged physical attacks, and could become stronger each time they were killing another monster.
-Satellite Lizards: just a pain to kill with a ranger. You had to force them to attack you beforehand because they were immune to all the ranged attacks that were coming from the front.
-Girtablulus: do I even need to bring back those painful memories? <_<

In PSU, the only 'smart' idea they found was to buff mobs, make flying mobs, and also some resistant to a certain type of damage (melee, ranged or tech). Which in the end doesn't matter, because melee types are so broken that you don't even care about dealing half damage to a mob, it just dies as fast.
Then there was the leader mobs who had some interesting moves when placed with regular mobs of their kind. Thanks to AFK levelers and constant increase of lvl cap and broken abilities, most of them are just completely obsolete now.

/unrelatedrant

Shinko
Mar 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
In v.1, players were weaker so mobs were kinda like if they had more HP and attack power.

I think they'd make the game more challenging if monsters actually required specific strategies in order to be killed.
I'd like to avoid the PSO analogy, because those are two totally different games (especially gameplay-wise), but truth is PSO had some inventive way of dealing with some monsters and they didn't even rip one single concept in PSU.

To name a few :
-Dark Gunners: they were completely invincible for a set period of time, then when they were ready to fire at you and vulnerables, your best bet was to shoot at the 'leader' in order to temporarily paralyze the others.
-Dubchics: those guys were invincible and could only be disabled by destroying their 'mother brain'. Sometimes it was quite a pain when soloing and had to deal with an army of them while trying to destroy the device.
-Garanz: the more they were damaged, the less armored they were, and the more missiles they were shooting. Best strategy was to run in circles around them so thy would destroy themselves with their own missiles.
-Nano Dragons: they were constantly avoiding being engaged into melee, had good resistance to ranged physical attacks, and could become stronger each time they were killing another monster.
-Satellite Lizards: just a pain to kill with a ranger. You had to force them to attack you beforehand because they were immune to all the ranged attacks that were coming from the front.

In PSU, the only 'smart' idea they found was to buff mobs, make flying mobs, and also some resistant to a certain type of damage (melee, ranged or tech). Which in the end doesn't matter, because melee types are so broken that you don't even care about dealing half damage to a mob, it just dies as fast.
Then there was the leader mobs who had some interesting moves when placed with regular mobs of their kind. Thanks to AFK levelers and constant increase of lvl cap and broken abilities, most of them are just completely obsolete now.

/unrelatedrant
Keyword I said "smarter" too. The enemies should try their self to make strategies to kill you. Try to avoid being hit, gang up on the weakest player, take out the healer, gang up or spread out when need, etc

Oh and yes you do have a point about strategies in order to be killed. That would be nice if they added that in PSU too. I remember those enemies and that was good ideas. Plus some places you had to fight in the dark with them kinds of enemies. Nice.

Most pa's have knock back (which wasn't in Pso) so you can easy knock an enemy away or at least stun them. (Especially with Tornado Dance) Some enemies shouldn't be able to be stun or knock backed or fall down as easy. Like the robot guys in pso mines. Maybe it should take a few hits before the fall back.

Some enemies should be able to use that resistant thing to all damage expect one. ex. melee or gun weapons don't have any effect on him and then after a bit he's change it up and maybe this time melee and magic don't have any effect on him. This also would make teams needed more often instead of the many soloing people.

But I think the main problem is that too many classes and beast and cast are to broken.

If I can blow throw most stages with a female human FM imagine what a male beast would do. Or if i can tear things apart with a human female GM imagine what a Cast male could do. Its too easy to solo too. Enemies should be so hard that it force you to party with others. Now I know some people may disagree with that but that's the main point to an MMO is to play with others not solo all the time. The only problem I see with that is rares dropping that you really want. However if they do what they did on the PSP and make the rare go to everyone that would solve that problem. Just make the drop rate insanely high. (like red knight or that spread needle)

Gen2000
Mar 12, 2009, 04:38 PM
There were other factors too on top of the weaker player stats that made v.1 enemies harder than AoTI's too such as attacks not flinching them as easily as they do now. i.e. only the last part of normal combos flinched, only certain parts of melee PAs flinch, and all bullets besides Rifle's didn't flinch at all which lead to less blitzing/harder solo ability than seen today. Also some enemies like v.1 Go Vahras moved noticeably much faster than they do today.

I kind of agree just boosting ATP + HP of enemies doesn't change much but it would still make for more interesting missions as the case seen with Winter Carnival's bonus missiosn (though a boost like that would be a little extreme for your everyday normal mission it gives you a good idea still) and seems like the easiest/laziest way for them to improve the difficulty of the game without actually putting effort into making actual interesting enemies or A.I. patterns like mentioned above.

hewitt
Mar 12, 2009, 07:24 PM
"Hey guys! To make the game more challenging, this is what we decided to do! We are going to allow you to play missions which take away all of the levels you worked so hard for!! Don't you see how cool this is?!?!?! Instead of us making new creatures to fight or making the existing creatures stronger, we'll just have you fight the same old crap only we'll take away a lot of your strengths in the mission by dropping your level and putting restrictions on the items/PA's/classes you can use!!! Also, did we mention that you'll be able to CUSTOMIZE your character for these levels?!?!? Some might say we are gimping you, but we feel that we're allowing you to level your character AGAIN...it's like you're starting the game all over!!!! It's awesome!! Wouldn't the NBA be more challenging and fun if the team with the better record had to have it's players tie one hand behind their back?!?!?!"

I don't see why people are so pissy about this. So what? It's only temporary
and it makes the things more challenging/you can play easier with your
low-level friends.

Oh, and levels aren't even that hard to obtain. -_-

Garou
Mar 12, 2009, 08:37 PM
restricted levels sound too much like CoP missions on FFXI and NOBODY liked those. meh this whole update is sounding like a bad FFXI rip off, but i'll keep an open mind (or try at least...)

Uhh, capped missions. I never got past the Promyvions. But this is like merits in FFXI pretty much?

Palle
Mar 12, 2009, 09:14 PM
Hm, I don't play much anyway, but if this goes live in NA and PSU is still pay-to-play, I am pretty much done with SEGA forever. We shall see.

cheapgunner
Mar 12, 2009, 11:24 PM
They should just increase all the creatures damage by like 5x and thier HP by 3x. Then I would happy over this update. It seems like they are out of ideas for making the game challenging.>.<

Swiftstrike
Mar 13, 2009, 01:39 AM
They should just increase all the creatures damage by like 5x and thier HP by 3x. Then I would happy over this update. It seems like they are out of ideas for making the game challenging.>.<

Thats not a very unique way to change it up ...

Calsetes
Mar 13, 2009, 09:04 AM
Why is it most times when I see people say "This game is too easy," they always say about how quickly they kill everything with a fighmaster? I understand the whole "play a class you like" thing, and if they like fighmaster, then more power to them. If they want a challenge though, then why don't they use another class?

I'm sorry, maybe it's just me. If I decide I want a challenge, I go out and use another class. I have yet to use any force-related class for more than a mission or three, I kind of can't wait until I eventually get to level any of those jobs - a 150 guy with level 1 techs. Tell me that's not a challenge on some level...

Anyway, my two cents - again. Feel free to disagree with me (which most people probably will anyway).

rayner
Mar 13, 2009, 10:06 AM

To name a few :

/unrelatedrant

Just to expand on this a little... in PSO on Ultimate with a level 120 or so character I could 3-hit combo-kill all the common-enemies in the first 2 areas... like Bartle and such. Normal-normal-hard and they all went down... but it was still fun-as hell!!! The enemies hit HARD and they could knock you down if the damage was beyond a certain percentage... Jellen and Zalure were necessary... untill you get really high level.

In PSU instead of MOAR HP why don't they throw more enemies at you?? That way even with the PA's that hit massive amounts of enemies, it won't necessarily save you because there are others to do the damage. Now come to think of it, I think melee PA's that hit multiple targets is the real crime of PSU... in PSO that was basically the job of a Sword-weilder... which was slow, or a Force... and if you were lucky a RA-type with a Spread Needle.

JAFO22000
Mar 13, 2009, 10:09 AM
I don't see why people are so pissy about this. So what? It's only temporary
and it makes the things more challenging/you can play easier with your
low-level friends.

Oh, and levels aren't even that hard to obtain. -_-

We're "pissy" because this is not new content. All they are doing is nerfing the player's stats so they are not as strong, therefore creating a challenging environment.

Isn't the point of all RPGs to start out weak and level your way up so that you become stronger? Thusly, you become able to run higher ranked missions with better drops which will allow you to get to the next set of levels and run even higher ranked missions with even better drops, etc. I thought they are pretty much about character development.

These new missions which drop your level and put restrictions upon which items/weapons/PAs/slot units/etc. one can use is really indicitive of the lack of motivation by the designers/programmers of this game. What they are basically saying is "We let you have all these levels and all these cool weapons but now we can't make the game challenging so what we are going to do is take all of your levels and weapons away and the game will be challenging again".

My argument is that it's another lazy alternative to giving the player base what they really want.

Oh and levels USED to be relatively hard to obtain, until they made it so easy with events and missions with 5000% exp bonuses that anyone can get to level 80 in a few days. Again, another bad decision (IMO).

Rust
Mar 13, 2009, 10:13 AM
Why is it most times when I see people say "This game is too easy," they always say about how quickly they kill everything with a fighmaster? I understand the whole "play a class you like" thing, and if they like fighmaster, then more power to them. If they want a challenge though, then why don't they use another class?

I'm sorry, maybe it's just me. If I decide I want a challenge, I go out and use another class. I have yet to use any force-related class for more than a mission or three, I kind of can't wait until I eventually get to level any of those jobs - a 150 guy with level 1 techs. Tell me that's not a challenge on some level...

Anyway, my two cents - again. Feel free to disagree with me (which most people probably will anyway).

I actually done that.
I went from WT 20 to FT 1 on my lvl 100ish beast with most of my techs ('cept Nosdiga, Diga, Foie, Rafoie, Shifta and Resta) under lvl 10, or even at level 1.
I personally didn't find that challenging at all ; I always do my best not getting hit with whatever type, so playing as a low-end FT just increased the time I was taking to finish missions, not how difficult it was. I even wrapped up the 10 last levels of FT in Charged Puzzle S runs (not soloing, mind you) and it wasn't even hard.

That sure changed the time I was taking to kill mobs, but not how poor the strategy or "skills" required to kill them were.
I think that game's too easy, and that's coming from someone who mainly plays as beast WT/AT, CAST GT and newman FI/AF, with almost no S-rank gear, PAs leveled as they're used during missions, higher character being lvl 113, and who have yet to play as a FF or a Masterclass.
Yet I have almost no problem dealing with AotI S2 missions. I already think stuff is too easy to kill in those. So I'm not really surprised that capped Brokenmasters are finding the game too easy.

What would be really needed to make the game challenging will never be implemented anyways ; it'd imply reworking the whole A.I. and stuff, which SEGA won't do.
Sure the bonus mission in Carnival was challenging (espescially as a lvl 113 WT), but let's be honest, the way they found to make it challenging was pretty cheap (ololol rehashed overkill traps and double damage monsters).

Kazemi
Mar 13, 2009, 03:06 PM
We're "pissy" because this is not new content. All they are doing is nerfing the player's stats so they are not as strong, therefore creating a challenging environment.you act as though this is all there's gonna be and they're gonna force this onto us in the existing missions.

Isn't the point of all RPGs to start out weak and level your way up so that you become stronger? Thusly, you become able to run higher ranked missions with better drops which will allow you to get to the next set of levels and run even higher ranked missions with even better drops, etc. I thought they are pretty much about character development.then whine and complain that the game's too easy because you've gotten as strong as the game allows? sounds like the typical RPG alright.

These new missions which drop your level and put restrictions upon which items/weapons/PAs/slot units/etc. one can use is really indicitive of the lack of motivation by the designers/programmers of this game. What they are basically saying is "We let you have all these levels and all these cool weapons but now we can't make the game challenging so what we are going to do is take all of your levels and weapons away and the game will be challenging again".heaven forbid that they actually force you to think up new strategies to do things instead of abusing the easiest to use and strongest abilities over and over again.

We're "pissy" because this is not new content. All they are doing is nerfing the player's stats so they are not as strong, therefore creating a challenging environment.you act as though this is all there's gonna be and they're gonna force this onto us in the existing missions.

Isn't the point of all RPGs to start out weak and level your way up so that you become stronger? Thusly, you become able to run higher ranked missions with better drops which will allow you to get to the next set of levels and run even higher ranked missions with even better drops, etc. I thought they are pretty much about character development.then whine and complain that the game's too easy because you've gotten as strong as the game allows? sounds like the typical RPG alright.

My argument is that it's another lazy alternative to giving the player base what they really want.lazy? these bring about things to where its not only the 1337 can enjoy. not to mention the strong possibility of c-mode like missions, which was one of the biggest things that many people played PSO for and still do.

Oh and levels USED to be relatively hard to obtain, until they made it so easy with events and missions with 5000% exp bonuses that anyone can get to level 80 in a few days. Again, another bad decision (IMO).yep, because the game's all about e-peen. notice how all posters that whine about these new types of missions are those that only want to look bad ass in game? yep.

if people want something grueling hard, they're playing the wrong game. PSU isn't meant for such things and besides, every time they make something that has some challenge to it, everyone just ignores it (i.e. Bladed Legacy).

Calsetes
Mar 13, 2009, 03:30 PM
Hey, I like my guy looking pretty badass, but I'm far from an "uber-1337" hardcore player. I think I have one weapon that's over 40%, and that was an A-rank single-handed dagger. I won't say the game's "easy", but if you use your head, it's not extremely challenging. Personally, I think these changes could be good if implemented properly - mainly for the reasons you stated, Kazemi. Now casual players can actually have more fun and have more options available to them than having someone who worries about their "reputation" be "tarnished by someone who's not a cast fighmaster."

Not everyone's like that, but I've seen a couple of people post about how it seems like unless you are playing a cast, and unless your class is either fighmaster or gunmaster, then you don't know how to play the game. Maybe this will balance it out a bit. Maybe they'll do something cool like give Humans and Neumans the ability to use..... maybe Grants as their special?

Ken_Silver
Mar 13, 2009, 04:25 PM
The stuff that SEGA plans to bring to the table excites me. Might give some people a reason to go back to the Online PSU again. Hopefully, I'll be able to make my Wartecher into the defensive Guardian that he was meant to be.

At the least, Sega is the master of giving us a lot of Character Creation control. We'll have a ton of control over our characters now. Let's just hope that it won't costs us too much extra (and since Sega is not making a ton of money off of PSU now, I don't think they'll be too ambitious with the GUARDIANS cash.)

JAFO22000
Mar 13, 2009, 06:07 PM
you act as though this is all there's gonna be and they're gonna force this onto us in the existing missions.

There hasn't been a mention of any other new missions so, yes, I do believe this is all they are going to give us as far as missions.

then whine and complain that the game's too easy because you've gotten as strong as the game allows? sounds like the typical RPG alright.

What do you mean by this? The game isn't easy because I've gotten "as strong as the game allows"; the game is easy because there is a lack of challenge. My argument is that dropping people's levels to meet the challenge of the game is NOT a good way to implement more challenge.

heaven forbid that they actually force you to think up new strategies to do things instead of abusing the easiest to use and strongest abilities over and over again.

New stratagies?!?!?! What were the old stratagies?!?!? It's still going to be the same creatures all over again. Just because one can't use a certain PA for a certain mission doesn't mean that one will not find the "best available" PA for this certain mission and spam that. This doesn't present "new" stratagies, but prevents you from using the "best" strategies (possibly).

lazy? these bring about things to where its not only the 1337 can enjoy. not to mention the strong possibility of c-mode like missions, which was one of the biggest things that many people played PSO for and still do.

There is probably more in this game for a non-capped character to enjoy than a capped character. Why do I want to revert back to level 100?

yep, because the game's all about e-peen. notice how all posters that whine about these new types of missions are those that only want to look bad ass in game? yep.

Never once did I state that I wanted to look "bad ass" in this game. My argument is that those who have taken the time to level up and obtain certain items and PA levels should be rewarded. I have nothing against those who aren't capped, but why should they get the same rewards as someone who is? I mean, this is tantamount to a teacher telling all of the students in her class that the tests will become more simplified because half of the class is failing. How would you feel if you took the time to study and prepare for each of the tests just to be given a dumbed down version?

if people want something grueling hard, they're playing the wrong game. PSU isn't meant for such things and besides, every time they make something that has some challenge to it, everyone just ignores it (i.e. Bladed Legacy).

Again, never said I wanted something "grueling hard", but I do want a challenge that will make be want to achieve the higher levels.

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 13, 2009, 11:15 PM
True end-game MMO content has reached PSU. It's just too bad it took more than two years to get here... though I will be playing when it arrives, so I will enjoy it. Let's hope Sega carries over these good ideas to the next PS.

PepperCat
Mar 14, 2009, 04:02 PM
I dunno man... they have yet to release items from Vanilla PSU, and more from AoI over on the Japanese side.

They'll drip feed content until the servers get shut down.

RemiusTA
Mar 15, 2009, 06:10 PM
Drip Feeding is what destroyed PSU. If PSO was drip-fed like this it never would have gotten anywhere.

engelsein
Mar 15, 2009, 09:11 PM
they've been drip feeding for two years.... what makes you think they wont do it one more year?

PepperCat
Mar 15, 2009, 09:22 PM
they've been drip feeding for OVER two years.... what makes you think they wont do it one more year?

Fixed.

In all seriousness, we'll likely never see all the items before they shut down the servers.

RemiusTA
Mar 16, 2009, 05:04 AM
they've been drip feeding for two years.... what makes you think they wont do it one more year?

Nothing. Which is why i know this game will have a far lower reputation than it has now by the time it ends.

PSU is starting to feel like a Korean MMO or some shit. They even put a cash shop in there to fit the mold. And like every korean MMO ever invented, the longer it runs the worse it gets.

Mark my words. Ever since they implemented Just Attack for striking weapons without giving ranged/technic weapons similar compensation, this game has been getting more and more unbalanced. I have no doubts that these stat-raising gimmicks will likely do the same.

Miyoko
Mar 16, 2009, 06:44 AM
I'm really not sure what to make of this whole thing. o_o

Kazemi
Mar 16, 2009, 03:46 PM
Mark my words. Ever since they implemented Just Attack for striking weapons without giving ranged/technic weapons similar compensation, this game has been getting more and more unbalanced.melee getting the crap beat out of them while doing the least amount of damage is more balanced? gunners and techers can just stand back from a safe distance and dish out damage. techers don't even have to worry about missing. so of course they're not gonna do as great of damage.

Mysterious-G
Mar 16, 2009, 03:54 PM
melee getting the crap beat out of them while doing the least amount of damage is more balanced? gunners and techers can just stand back from a safe distance and dish out damage. techers don't even have to worry about missing. so of course they're not gonna do as great of damage.

From all those things worthy to bitch about, balance surely is the last one I would discuss about. D;

Kazemi
Mar 17, 2009, 01:47 AM
techers need some love (especially the hybrids) and there's some way too powerful abusable skills but other wise there isn't that much imbalance between classes in this game. you'll never achieve complete balance since there's too many factors. people will always whine about there being imbalance because their favorite class doesn't pwnz0r over all of the others at everything. in all honesty, this game isn't that bad and i've personally seen much worse imbalance.

ShinAnt
Mar 17, 2009, 04:28 AM
Glad someone got that.

Calsetes
Mar 18, 2009, 01:07 PM
I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't care if his guy's a massive powerhouse of hurt, which is somewhat depressing to me. I use swords, sabers, and twin sabers as my primary class (Fortefighter) and while I don't deal tons upon tons of damage, it works well enough for me and I think the melee classes are fine the way they are (assuming the other two basic types get a boost, such as rangers and forces). In my opinion (yes, an opinion, take it for what it is), if they increased the rate of infliction for ranger classes (maybe toning down power just a tiny hare in exchange for the status rate increase), and definitely increase techs in some way, either increase the percentage their PAs get when equipped to a weapon, increase the speed a bit more on rods, or increase damage overall (which could be fixed by something as simple as changing how much of a modifier TP adds into the damage equation).

darkante
Mar 18, 2009, 01:16 PM
I feel that if anything is unbalanced, itīs the freaking P.Aīs.

Who uses for example Dus Daggas over Dus Majara? NONE, i tell you.
As Dus Majara simply do tons of more kick-ass then itīs big brother.

With the right formula, things would see brighter.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Mar 18, 2009, 01:22 PM
I feel that if anything is unbalanced, itīs the freaking P.Aīs.

Who uses for example Dus Daggas over Dus Majara? NONE, i tell you.
As Dus Majara simply do tons of more kick-ass then itīs big brother.

With the right formula, things would see brighter.

Well Dus MAjarra is an ultimate PA. When normal pa's are as strong as/stronger than their ultimate counterparts then the Ultimates dont seems as Ultimate.

Akaimizu
Mar 18, 2009, 02:05 PM
That's a good point. I really do think the PAs are the main imbalance here. They don't even have the right costs to them. Even if you took out the equation of so many Ultimate PAs being a waste of time compared to standard onesor the Ultimate bullet PAs in which the majority are something that elementals overwrite completely. You still have decent Ult PAs that cost less than half of what a more useless one does.

Lucky Dearly
Mar 18, 2009, 02:16 PM
Lets hope this update reaches xbox 360

Hrith
Mar 18, 2009, 02:20 PM
For example, if a mission is restricted to LV20, all party members must be at least LV20 to enter. Upon entering, anyone who is above LV20 will be reduced to LV20 for the duration of the mission.lol C-mode

Calsetes
Mar 18, 2009, 02:37 PM
I see your point, Akai. I usually get every PA for my specialized weapons, but looking at my Gunmasters' ultimate laser PAs, it's kind of pointless to get either, in my opinion. I still got both Shotgun bullets, only because you never know when the evade decrease could come in handy off the one bullet, and the charm one...... well, I guess it could theoretically be used to power level a lower-level character, just throw it on a really crappy shotgun and go to town, assuming you don't one-hit-kill them.

I really really REALLY like Killer Shot though - it makes leveling easier at times when it feels like working.

Edit: The only normal PA I prefer as opposed to the ultimate PAs that I've used is for twin sabers - I really like Assault Crush more than Cross Hurricane and Splendor Crush. Don't know why, maybe because it makes me extremely mobile on the field? I like hitting a guy with the first two hits, then turning around and dashing into the guy behind me, or curving so I hit a "big box guy" like 3 or 4 times in both of his boxes.

Akaimizu
Mar 18, 2009, 02:53 PM
Killer shot is probably the best Ult PA out for a gun. Well, arguably, the best.

However, that kind of unique and useful PA doesn't exist for many guns in the game. Even if you limited yourself to just the Gunmaster choices, you'll find a decent amount of Ult PAs that just don't stack up to their cost, or to the normal bullets for the gun. I know they want to kind of keep Ults balanced with their norms...but to make so many uniformly underneath the norm make them more like Ults just for completion, purposes. Something I'm kind of doing for Twin Penetration. Yeah, I don't intend to ever *really* use it, but I'll do it just because I'm approaching end game and just want to say that I levelled all my arts.

And what makes that funny. Even though it doesn't matter since I can't even seem to get rid of all my stacks of PA Frags. Is that it costs 90 of them. :) :) :) Killer shot costing nearly a stack actually makes sense.

darkante
Mar 19, 2009, 12:12 AM
Well Dus MAjarra is an ultimate PA. When normal pa's are as strong as/stronger than their ultimate counterparts then the Ultimates dont seems as Ultimate.

With that mind set, why bother using any normal P.A at all?
Variety sucks, yes?

Or in gunners case, why bother using elemental bullets. They arenīt ultimate lololol.
There ultimateīs are shit.

Calsetes
Mar 19, 2009, 09:52 AM
I get enough variety being a fighter class who doesn't rely on spears and axes. I find it's a dying breed. Hooray for trailblazing!!!!

ThEoRy
Mar 23, 2009, 12:30 PM
Lets hope this update reaches xbox 360

I've spoken with GM Edward on this and it has already been decided by Sega of Japan that we will be getting this update. However, he's not sure that we will be using the Guardians cash system. How we will be receiving the associated items and abilities he couldn't say either. But yes, we are getting the update/expansion.

Akaimizu
Mar 23, 2009, 03:08 PM
Sounds good. I'm pretty sure these special missions and customizations should be a good thing for longevity. It'll almost be like configuring your stats in PSzero, with those stat boosters.

RemiusTA
Mar 23, 2009, 03:26 PM
I've spoken with GM Edward on this and it has already been decided by Sega of Japan that we will be getting this update. However, he's not sure that we will be using the Guardians cash system. How we will be receiving the associated items and abilities he couldn't say either. But yes, we are getting the update/expansion.

Im surprised the 360 wasnt instantly announced for this update.

Like, seriously. Updating the MICROSOFT Windows version of PSU shouldn't be much different from updating the MICROSOFT Xbox360 version of PSU.

We have harddrives, we have internet, we have a pimped out GPU. Why is the 360 version of this game not awesomer than it is?

Akaimizu
Mar 23, 2009, 03:31 PM
Likely because all of Xbox live is on the US schedule. It likely affects most announcements, as well.