PDA

View Full Version : You know you are playing too much PSU when...

NiceOnes
Mar 12, 2009, 02:23 PM
I've been known on occasion to play 4-5 hours at a time. I know that this is too much because when I go to sleep all I can dream about is PSU.. I keep playing the damn game in my dreams!

What is it about this game that keeps us all playing? When I step back and think logically about it I always come to the same lack of a conclusion: There is an infinite ammount of "better" games out there and I have no idea why I keep putting this old disc in the tray!

darkante
Mar 12, 2009, 02:26 PM
You´re not alone, sometimes i play 5+ hours myself.

I think the sheer affection and addiciton of the game is what keeps oneself coming back.

_Vyser_
Mar 12, 2009, 02:37 PM
For me, it's because the game is very laid back compared to other online games I've played. In addition to that, it's always fun to collect the "new" items and hang out with good friends.

Mysterious-G
Mar 12, 2009, 02:49 PM
Eh, well, it is a RPG.
Play a RPG 100% or do not play it at all.
That is how it goes for me.
Addiotionaly you play for it. That makes you think that when you pay for it, you have to play it long enough to make it worth your money.
That makes you play far more hours a day than you should.
And you meet friends. My gosh, friends!
"I cannot quit.. My friends would miss me!" <- Such thoughts are pure evil.
That is why I was uber happy when I finally managed to get myself to quit.
I mean, good god, I was freed from an endless spell.
And I will not start to play another RPG for a long, long time.

NiceOnes
Mar 12, 2009, 02:50 PM
Let's get us back on track... What is the longest sit-down you've had in front of PSU? Do you notice adverse effects to these extended playtimes?

Aorre
Mar 12, 2009, 02:51 PM
Quit? After all the items you squeezed out of me!?

Anyway, I enjoy the game in moderation. I'm very lax. =)

Dragwind
Mar 12, 2009, 03:05 PM
I used to have a lot of PSU dreams actually. :wacko:

I've played some pretty long sessions. I think the longest was probably 20 hours straight during v.1 item hunting and most likely MAG or Firebreak.

As for side effects, I think the generic "think about the game while away at work" thing happened quite a few times for me. Then again, that happens to any game I play for way too long. I remember jotting down notes throughout the day on how to improve mission run times, equipment/pa's I needed to improve, etc. I think it's safe to say I liked this game too much at one point.

I don't do that much anymore though, haha. :lol:

NiceOnes
Mar 12, 2009, 03:10 PM

I've played some pretty long sessions. I think the longest was probably 20 hours straight during v.1 item hunting and most likely MAG or Firebreak.

As for side effects, I think the generic "think about the game while away at work" thing happened quite a few times for me. Then again, that happens to any game I play for way too long. I remember jotting down notes throughout the day on how to improve mission run times, equipment/pa's I needed to improve, etc. I think it's safe to say I liked this game too much at one point.

I don't do that much anymore though, haha. :lol:

Awesome... I've spent time at work compiling lists of items I want and where they drop too!! I actually have a list of stuff I want in advance of the arms dealer in the works right now! I feel like such a loser sometimes... Lol.

Itachi1990
Mar 12, 2009, 03:31 PM
Let's get us back on track... What is the longest sit-down you've had in front of PSU? Do you notice adverse effects to these extended playtimes?

Well know i usually play for like 2-3 hours at a time maybe 2 or 3 times a day.I used to play all day on weekdays after school from 4-11pm and an hour break for homework almost everyday and on weekends if I wasnt doing anything from the time i woke up to the time i went to sleep wich was like 12 hours.But that was a long time ago now i cant play PSU for that long i get bored...

Ryno
Mar 12, 2009, 03:33 PM
I havent been on for 4 days as you can see my Sig below...

( due to account Suspension )

NiceOnes
Mar 12, 2009, 03:53 PM
I havent been on for 4 days as you can see my Sig below...

( due to account Suspension )

PSU suspension or XBL suspension? What did you do?!

Puppet_Papaya
Mar 12, 2009, 04:00 PM

How can somebody play a game for 20 hours straight?! My brain just can't process this!!!

Ryno
Mar 12, 2009, 04:18 PM
PSU suspension or XBL suspension? What did you do?!

XBL Suspension .. Well since I'm using a Gift Card. it declined it after 2 months. and it wants me to use my real debit card.

I'd rather use a gift card just ot be safe. and becuase of hackers.

NiceOnes
Mar 12, 2009, 04:23 PM
XBL Suspension .. Well since I'm using a Gift Card. it declined it. and it wants me to use my real debit card.

I'd rather use a gift card because of hacking.

Credit card I hope you mean... Never give debit info over the net!

I've had my credit cards on XBL since day one without a problem. If you are worried there are cards that offer online protection (ie. fraud insurance).

Guess that's the risk you take with those pre-paid cards... Some loser at GameStop (EB up here in Canada) stole the number off the card!

Ryno
Mar 12, 2009, 04:32 PM
Credit card I hope you mean... Never give debit info over the net!

I've had my credit cards on XBL since day one without a problem. If you are worried there are cards that offer online protection (ie. fraud insurance).

Guess that's the risk you take with those pre-paid cards... Some loser at GameStop (EB up here in Canada) stole the number off the card!

Yes Credit card. I just call it debit card somtimes. =P

when I 1st signed up for XBL I was hacked and they bill me 400 to $600 and then I really had to cancel my credit card and make a new one. that is why I use pre paid/gift cards online and Credit cards in person

and the person the billed me 400 to 600 used my PSU character. but that was like 2 year ago.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/Rynohax7-1.jpg

but that was 2 years ago.

but i'll renew it porbably tonight or tom.
with my real credit card.. u_u and then swtich it back to my gift card.

anyways back to the topic.... =D

hunterseifer
Mar 12, 2009, 05:10 PM
Longest time I played sitting down time was two days straight, it was back when I first got the game, and I got college I have to worry about now so I cant play as much >.>; that and playing over a year burns a person out, so I play 10-15 hrs. a week pending on work being done. Well, and if a event is going on, lolz

GaNksTa
Mar 12, 2009, 05:25 PM
...You've seen this topic more than once.

str898mustang
Mar 12, 2009, 05:28 PM
Longest? 16 hours on the first day PSU was released.

Even dream about it.
Once before i went to bed, I started a Sanzu-hiken. Had a dream where I was pulling the Sanzu out which it was 42% ice. Woke up the next morning to pull the Sanzu out and BAM it was 42% ice. I was like WTF??

Ryno
Mar 12, 2009, 05:31 PM
My longest game time play was 19 hours straight trying to get on the top 100 MAG leader boards on the last day! and i DID! i was ranked 98! with a bronze Medal!

ChibiBecca
Mar 12, 2009, 05:33 PM
9 hours of nonstop buff party~! :3 i think will recently played for 12 hours during the carnival.

as an unemployed semi-student, i have extra time on my hands to waste running around doing stupid stuff.

Shinko
Mar 12, 2009, 06:01 PM
What is it about this game that keeps us all playing? When I step back and think logically about it I always come to the same lack of a conclusion: There is an infinite ammount of "better" games out there and I have no idea why I keep putting this old disc in the tray!

Yes I think this too. I just don't know what it is. I've played other MMOs and got bored with them and stopped. (Not really a big fan of MMO's either) I have other games that's way better but I don't play them nowhere near as much as PSU. Even when PSO was out i didn't play it as much as I do with PSU.

Well for me I really like games with GOOD character creation and action. Maybe it's the character creation. But this game's character creation isn't even all that good. But compared to most games that have character creation, (which be crappy) it's decent.

And that fact new things are added every 2 weeks.... or so we're told....

I don't know really.

xXJoshXx
Mar 12, 2009, 06:06 PM
Let's get us back on track... What is the longest sit-down you've had in front of PSU?

For 19 hours in mag 1 ¬_¬

Volcompat321
Mar 12, 2009, 06:55 PM

back in the day, before mag 1 & 2 I played for 24 hours strait JUST so my first character could hit lvl 100....no dam lie....24 hours....got from only 95-100....i have no idea what took me so long to level up, but i got to 100+! and after 100 it seemed to level up really fast :D

SStrikerR
Mar 12, 2009, 07:08 PM
This thread was made a few months back as well O_o;

I know it when I end up quitting out of boredom, which happened quite often.

PSU Phere
Mar 12, 2009, 07:17 PM
My longest game time play was 19 hours straight trying to get on the top 100 MAG leader boards on the last day! and i DID! i was ranked 98! with a bronze Medal!

HAHA, noob! lol jk. im not ENTIRELY sure i beat u but i pulled a buff party getting all my buffs from 1-38, giresta 2 40, then did a resta and reverser party getting them from 25 and 28 (respectively) to lv31 each. took about 20 hours. then went and did an ASS LOAD of MAG S runs which was about anoter 7 hours.... lol i slept 4 13 hours that night! then woke up had a shower and went RIGHT back 2 MAG lmao XD

Alnet
Mar 12, 2009, 10:02 PM
On long days, I end up playing somewhere between 6-8 hours in one sitting. Normally, if I have time, I spend only 3-5 hours in several sittings. I'm sure the longest session I've had must have been over 10 hours, but I wouldn't know.

jShazBot
Mar 12, 2009, 10:10 PM
I have the same problem to...and I don't even "play" it. I just run around 4th floor trying to piss off as many people as I can. x_x
I need help...

miko00014
Mar 12, 2009, 10:12 PM
The longest single play session I had was probably 14 hours or so, back when HMS gave the best MP. I usually play games in general for about 6+hours a day. As for writing lists, I sometimes did that during school when there was nothing better to do.

dogg1000
Mar 12, 2009, 10:40 PM
Start of mag2 i played almost 40 hours straight caping 1st and just getting kills on c runs >.> Played from Friday morning mantinence to saturday night. Many brain cells were lost....

darkante
Mar 12, 2009, 11:45 PM
;_; 4 - 5 hours is obsessive? I have work, school, and a girlfriend, and still play 8+ hours each weekday, and even more on the weekends.

Don´t you sleep? XD

Powder Keg
Mar 12, 2009, 11:51 PM
...You've seen this topic more than once.

Ha haaaaaa oh man, I didn't see THAT one coming!

used to have a lot of PSU dreams actually.

I don't think I've ever had PSU-related dreams, but I sure as hell had a ton of PSO ones. It would always involve getting excited over a red box or a rare enemy. In fact, I actually had a recent one where I started a new character, found a Hildeblue and died, lol

System-Id
Mar 13, 2009, 12:16 AM
You know your playing too much when you have so many stacks you have no where to store em? Agreed? ROFL

Suzuka Miyamoto
Mar 13, 2009, 12:45 AM
I have played one straight day with food next to me playing on a 42 inch samson hdtv. With picture in picture so im watching my favorite shows at the same time.

Noblewine
Mar 13, 2009, 12:53 AM
You've plays so much that:

1) You believe the enemies will jump outta the screen.
2) You lose alot of sleep playing PSU
3) One time I image a Goshin submerging from my television screen and biting my head off.

Inazuma
Mar 13, 2009, 01:34 AM
there have been many days where i just play psu the whole time, often over 10 hours.

and the best dream ive ever had took place inside psu where i actually became my char, except i was a futanari. not to go into graphic detail but the dream was a psu futanari orgy that was extremely realistic (^_^)

The Overlord
Mar 13, 2009, 03:22 AM
1. I wake up
2. Get on PSU
3. Go to bed.

There are things inbetween but I have forgotten them due to PSU being trapped in my mind.

zxeros
Mar 13, 2009, 04:18 AM
Longest I played PSU hmmm I think 10-12 hours and that's when I first started. Nowadays I play like 2-3 hours at most out of four days out the week. And I never had a PSU dream of yet, but I use to have PSO dreams when I was younger. lol

FOnewearl-Lina
Mar 13, 2009, 04:47 AM
I don't play much PSU, so I wouldn't know :(

Swiftstrike
Mar 13, 2009, 04:52 AM
I have played one straight day with food next to me playing on a 42 inch samson hdtv. With picture in picture so im watching my favorite shows at the same time.

For me, thats close. 46" Samsung LCD TOC 650 with my computer playing movies/music at same time. ^^

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 13, 2009, 05:43 AM
Hiya

The longest sessions i've ever had was 18 hours solid, maybe a couple of 15min breaks for food and such, not something to boast about really tho lol i did feel like i'd kinda wasted the day, but then the next morning I was straight back on again lol, racked up 28 hours in a weekend oO

Tifa